Legendary Eitri & Mythic Thórr!

Diovani Bressan

27 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Okay, that sounds way too similar to a certain voiced line from a certain fan game...

I was surprised to see Thórr over Fáfnir, but I guess there's at least two good reasons (in IntSys's eyes) for the decision.

There sure are, more money now (because Female) and more money later (probably releasing Fafnir as a Fallen unit in the future, or doing a seasonal in one year that will make people go even crazier for summoning him, like with S!Freyr, or maybe they want to put him in the NY banner and releasing two Fafnirs in two months straight wouldn't be too profitable/wouldnt make people be THAT excited for NY Fafnir as they would if he already had the OG alt). Or IS will never release Fafnir and they put Eitri and Thórr together in the same month so no one will complain that OCs stole other characters' slots in the banner for two months straight (like, they already decided to not make Nifl and Muspell mythics, and to create the ascended heroes for Fjorm and Laegjarn instead of making them be mythic or legendary, it seems like they've been avoiding to do too many mythic OCs lately...Well, wonder why Ótr is a mythic if thats the case...). And maybe a third reason would be to change the order of Mythic and Legendary banners? Idk why did they do it or what will happen after this, will we get another legendary next month as if Eitri had never happened?(not changing the order) Or they will to give us another mythic next month so whenever we get book VI the freebie's blessing will match what IS wants?(as far as I know there's a rotation in the blessings of the mythics right? so that could be it) Idk, really.

Anyway, its a great banner (the mythics/legendaries banners are my favorites, that juicy 8% chance...), I will surely summon for it. Going for green (because everyone, Eitri makes me a liiiiitle less excited but she's good too), red (Because I reeally want Muspell, also more Plumeria's merges are never bad and L!Sigurd is good too, I don't have him yet) and maybe blue if the other colors happen to not be available in a summon section (Just because Nótt is beautiful) Or colorless for a L!Corrin/merges of Bramimond and Micaiah (but also only if green and red happen to not be available in the summon section)

One thing I've been thinking is: will the next banner be a Mythic or Legendary banner? Since they're introducing a new one of each on this, does it count as being the Mythic banner? Will they change the schedule as they've done with Duo/Harmonics? 

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

will we get another legendary next month as if Eitri had never happened?(not changing the order) Or they will to give us another mythic next month so whenever we get book VI the freebie's blessing will match what IS wants?(as far as I know there's a rotation in the blessings of the mythics right? so that could be it) Idk, really.

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

One thing I've been thinking is: will the next banner be a Mythic or Legendary banner? Since they're introducing a new one of each on this, does it count as being the Mythic banner? Will they change the schedule as they've done with Duo/Harmonics? 

I was wondering the same thing.

15 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The real question that this brings is: Will December give us a Mythic, or a Legendary? Since we're getting both here, which will they finish the year off with?

I'm hoping we get a Legendary for December. Since we'll get a free OC for Book 6, give us a Legendary Elincia or Caeda.

Eitri looks kind of fragile and limited. Damage reduction is nice, but without more stacks of it along with some healing or Desperation mechanic, she is not going to last very long.

Thórr is a lot better as a unit in my opinion. Push sucks, but Flow Guard is cool, although that feels like an unnecessary nerf to slow tanks since they cannot use higher cool down Specials as reliably as they used to.

18 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, I guess Fafnir is just getting a seasonal and possibly a Fallen alt at most. I'm honestly not convinced about the latter since they never used Gustav as a Fallen Hero. It's honestly bizarre that they chose to skip Fafnir instead of Otr (though they probably wished that they skipped Otr too after his banner predictably bombed).

We do not actually know if Otr's Focus did poorly. As far as I can tell, people are comparing the financial ranking our Foci with other gacha games, not actually between Foci themselves, so I do not think it makes sense to rely on poor quality data to draw conclusions with that level of specificity.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

We do not actually know if Otr's Focus did poorly. As far as I can tell, people are comparing the financial ranking our Foci with other gacha games, not actually between Foci themselves, so I do not think it makes sense to rely on poor quality data to draw conclusions with that level of specificity.

The benefit of comparing between games is that it controls for times of year when players might be spending more or less as a whole.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fair, but it's easy to believe Otr's banner tanked because very few people actually wanted or liked the guy (unlike Thrasir or Plumeria, the previous September Mythics).

The Ashen Wolves banner being right before Otr's banner also probably didn't do Otr any favors either.

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

Eitri looks kind of fragile and limited. Damage reduction is nice, but without more stacks of it along with some healing or Desperation mechanic, she is not going to last very long.

You only have 4 opponents in the Arena. Sustain is unnecessary.

Also, assuming the playable versions have the same stats as their enemy versions, Eitri with her base kit at +0+0 already has 96 single-hit physical bulk. That's hardly fragile, especially for a ranged unit. At +10+5, that goes up to 109.

A maxed out Fallen Edelgard with Mystic Boost has 115 effective Atk on her counterattack. Switching out a maxed out Eitri's A skill for something with a Def boost, like Atk/Def Solo 4 or Sturdy Impact is already enough to tank Fallen Edelgard.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

The benefit of comparing between games is that it controls for times of year when players might be spending more or less as a whole.

Yeah. But we do not actually know how well any Focus did compared to others. For all we know Otr's Focus could be doing just as well as any Special Heroes Focus or Mythic Focus.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Fair, but it's easy to believe Otr's banner tanked because very few people actually wanted or liked the guy (unlike Thrasir or Plumeria, the previous September Mythics).

The Ashen Wolves banner being right before Otr's banner also probably didn't do Otr any favors either.

He is not the only one on the Focus, and there are other Mythic units there as well that people may want or need, so I would not judge their financial performance without a little something more concrete than financial rankings between different games.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You only have 4 opponents in the Arena. Sustain is unnecessary.

Also, assuming the playable versions have the same stats as their enemy versions, Eitri with her base kit at +0+0 already has 96 single-hit physical bulk. That's hardly fragile, especially for a ranged unit. At +10+5, that goes up to 109.

A maxed out Fallen Edelgard with Mystic Boost has 115 effective Atk on her counterattack. Switching out a maxed out Eitri's A skill for something with a Def boost, like Atk/Def Solo 4 or Sturdy Impact is already enough to tank Fallen Edelgard.

That is assuming most foes on the opposing team does not have Distant Counter with instant Specials ready to trigger though. Eitri can take out an enemy on her own for sure, but I do not see her taking out any more unless the foe cannot fight back. At least melee units have access to Surge Sparrow and Flow Refresh to keep going. She is not horrible, but I think Lilina: Firelight Leader is a much better alternative if a player really wants to invest in Fire Season.

51 minutes ago, XRay said:

He is not the only one on the Focus, and there are other Mythic units there as well that people may want or need, so I would not judge their financial performance without a little something more concrete than financial rankings between different games.

I'm aware, but he was the supposed to be the main star and the shiny new toy.

And as for accounting for the rest of the banner, red was very bleh in regards to the returning Legends / Myths (L!Eliwood, Altina) and while blue had L!Chrom it also had two regular units (Marianne, Zeke) to block you from getting him. And even green had L!Celica, who I got twice when I already had her but not Byleth or Otr is effectively just a worse L!M!Byleth. Colorless was the only true standout of the banner with its bow trifecta (L!Leif, L!Claude, Shinon).

Super Assets and Super Flaws [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Eitri
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd, Def

Thorr
Super Asset(s): Def
Super Flaw(s): HP, Atk
*Flow Guard can only be inherited by swords, lances, axes and only ones that are cavs or fliers. In other words, it has the same inherit restrictions as Flow Refresh.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

That is assuming most foes on the opposing team does not have Distant Counter with instant Specials ready to trigger though. Eitri can take out an enemy on her own for sure, but I do not see her taking out any more unless the foe cannot fight back. At least melee units have access to Surge Sparrow and Flow Refresh to keep going. She is not horrible, but I think Lilina: Firelight Leader is a much better alternative if a player really wants to invest in Fire Season.

From my experience, Distant Counter is about 50/50 on melee units. Instant Special activations are rare and are pretty much exclusively used by Fallen Edelgard, and a fully invested Eitri is capable of tanking Edelgard. Against teams without Edelgard, her 2-hit physical bulk is 89×2 when running Sturdy Impact and no Sacred Seal, and she really shouldn't have issues taking down at least two opponents without healing, even if all of them are carrying Distant Counter.

While Legendary Lilina has better sustain, she is unable to actually kill Edelgard unless she is running Windsweep and initiates twice or unless she has a field buff to Atk and Edelgard has no extra sources of Res (Asset, skills, bonuses, etc.).

On 11/29/2021 at 8:32 AM, Mercakete said:

This timing is weird, though, and has been since the new Laegjarn came out. It feels like the unit releases are ahead of the story. Like, for the next TT+, Laegjarn develops a bond with Fjorm (based on her unit quotes), and Thorr loses the bet with Loki, and Loki tells Thorr that because she lost the bet, she has to assist the summoner/Askr in their defense against Alfador (making her available as a summonable unit.) If for no other reason, Loki wants to mess with those twilit runes and see how many prophesies she can thwart, and this is a good way to do that. After all, if one prophesy failed, how many more might? Seriously, this isn't lined up nicely at all. If you ask me, they should have released Fafnir instead of Thorr, if only for the continuity of the TT+ Fire and Ice story. But, I don't own any rights to this game, so IS can do whatever IS wants to. It just feels a little ridiculous, like they're going out of their way to ignore what few male characters they have. Otr was a nice change of pace, but I didn't like the other green units next to him, so I decided to wait until a more opportune time. PLUS, as I recall, I was saving up for someone else, or I'd already destroyed my orb stockpile. Otherwise, I would have pulled for him.

I heckin' called it. According to Thorr's summon quote and one of her voice lines, she's only helping the summoner because she lost the bet with Loki. This timing really could have been better and IS doesn't actually have an excuse here.

I'm pretty sure this game is actively trying to convince me that Legendary/Mythic Hero banners are rigged. And I'm apparently not getting the message.

I'm pulling mostly for Thorr given that it'll be 4 months before she returns (as opposed to Eitri's 1 month), her skill fodder is better, and she's actually useful for scoring purposes (due to how Aether Raids calculates score). So naturally, I get 17 times more not-Thorr than I get Thorr.

And naturally, at the point when I pulled my 5th copy of Dagr, I had pulled more copies of Dagr than all other 5-star characters combined. Because of course.

For my first batch, 178 pulls:

• 1 Thorr
  • 6 Eitri
  • 7 Dagr
  • 1 Sigurd
  • 2 Plumeria
  • 1 the Dimitri I care about

10.1% total 5-star rate, which is well above average. 0.6% Thorr rate, which is well below average (should be about 2.1% or so). That's worse than Fate/Grand Order (0.8%).

Why the fuck do I even bother.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Continuing chronicling the shitshow that is my pulls on this banner. I think this is probably the most I've spent on a single banner in the past 2 years or so.

329 pulls in the second batch for a total of 507 pulls:

• 4 Thorr
  • 15 Eitri
  • 14 Dagr
  • 3 Plumeria
  • 3 Sigurd
  • 0 Muspell
  • 2 Nott
  • 1 the Dimitri I don't care about

Total 5-star rate has dropped to 8.5%, which is basically average. Thorr rate has increased to 0.79%, which is still lower than Fate/Grand Order's banner 5-star summon rate (i.e. "trash"). If my green 5-star pulls were evenly distributed across the 3 characters, I'd be done by now, but nooooooo.

I should have enough for one more batch, but goddamn I'm not looking forward to pulling for 7 more copies of Thorr with these shit odds (but better now than Thorr's next rerun, which doesn't look at all favorable). Pretty sure every Legendary/Mythic Hero banner is rigged.

I hope the next Legendary/Mythic unit is colorless because that means I'll probably end up with a million copies of Ash just trying to pull my first copy of them.

Final update and then I'll shut up. I performed an exorcism on my phone, and it seems to have worked.

217 pulls in the third batch for a total of 724 pulls.

• 11 Thorr
  • 19 Eitri
  • 19 Dagr
  • 3 Plumeria
  • 4 Sigurd
  • 2 Muspell
  • 3 Nott

Total 5-star rate is 8.7%, which is slightly above average. Thorr rate has risen to 1.5%, which is still well below average.

On the bright side, I now have a +Atk Thor (though it took until the second to last copy), +Atk Eitri (a lot of them, actually), +Spd Dagr, +Spd Nott, and +Atk Muspell, none of which I previously had. Also my first Fallen Dimitri.

Unfortunately, the melee and ranged Special Training maps just passed by, so I'll have to wait until later this week before I train all of my new loot.

And now to pull for Ash (at least I can spark).

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Final update and then I'll shut up. I performed an exorcism on my phone, and it seems to have worked.

217 pulls in the third batch for a total of 724 pulls.

• 11 Thorr
  • 19 Eitri
  • 19 Dagr
  • 3 Plumeria
  • 4 Sigurd
  • 2 Muspell
  • 3 Nott

Total 5-star rate is 8.7%, which is slightly above average. Thorr rate has risen to 1.5%, which is still well below average.

On the bright side, I now have a +Atk Thor (though it took until the second to last copy), +Atk Eitri (a lot of them, actually), +Spd Dagr, +Spd Nott, and +Atk Muspell, none of which I previously had. Also my first Fallen Dimitri.

Unfortunately, the melee and ranged Special Training maps just passed by, so I'll have to wait until later this week before I train all of my new loot.

And now to pull for Ash (at least I can spark).

Sorry to ask but... Are you insane?! Where did you take all of this orbs from???? It must have been QUITE a while saving. And after all of this you're even going to spark in another banner???? Switch with me.

Edited by ARMADS!!!