• Tethys
    • Tsubasa
    • Mamori
    • Nils
    • Ninian
    • Phina
    • Soiree Eldigan

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2021 at 05:00 AM

It's too bad Nils and Ninian once again are in a "one or the other" position, but at least this time I can choose Nils over Ninian. But this gauntlet does guarantee a woman making it into the finals.If you ask me, they should have at least put Eldigan vs Phina on the left, but okay.

So, picking Nils. If he loses, I'll maybe jump over to Eldigan. If he loses, I'll maybe jump over to Tethys. If she loses, I'll jump over to Ninian. If all of them are gone by Round 3...uhhh hmm. I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it.

Nils cuz I'm replaying FE7 and remembered how cool he is. But I think he will lose right in the first round, its pretty natural that the characters more supported in the voting gauntled are...well, the most popular ones? And Ninian is way more waifu and popular compared to Nils (like, search for "FE7 Nils fanart" on google and you'll see that in at least half of them Ninian is with him), so...

Spoiler

This time it seems like Nils is the sibling dying sooner I guess.

21 hours ago, Xenomata said:

...yeah I'm doing Tsubasa.

I don't particularly care for her, I'd much rather pick Ninian, maybe Tethys or Larum since they're colorless, but... to be frank, I do not trust the quality of random people reps.

But why do you trust more in the quality of the random people supporting Tsubasa over the quality of the random people supporting Ninian/Tethys/Larum? I would trust more that Ninian has higher chance of winning than Tsubasa since she is more popular, I usually think by this logic in the voting gauntlet, is not always flawless but for me it kinda makes sense (Like, the more popular the character is, the higher the number of people suporting them, so the higher is the chance of them winning). 

25 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

But why do you trust more in the quality of the random people supporting Tsubasa over the quality of the random people supporting Ninian/Tethys/Larum? I would trust more that Ninian has higher chance of winning than Tsubasa since she is more popular, I usually think by this logic in the voting gauntlet, is not always flawless but for me it kinda makes sense (Like, the more popular the character is, the higher the number of people suporting them, so the higher is the chance of them winning). 

Because my Tsubasa is unmerged, and unmerged means the random ally and random opponents will be about equal in power, which usually means weak as hell.
In comparison, my Larum is 0 merge and my Tethys is +1, with my Ninian being +4 merge.

Also worth noting is that even if the randos are weak as hell, the ally from my friends list is sure to be powerful, since most of my friends list is made up of built up units. So swole friend units plus weak randos means the worst thing I'll have to deal with is Hegemon.

Note to self: Start typing up a complainy rant as soon as the game starts giving me bullshit luck because the game will stop giving me bullshit luck as soon as I do.

So this post was originally going to be me complaining about the fact that I couldn't find a red unit of all things in the third slot (my second slot is currently 1 blue and 2 colorless on Team Ninian), which then prompted me to actually see if the color distribution in the third slot was actually skewed like it felt like it was (because I was curious and never did this previously).

So I tallied up what color the third unit was for my next 100 runs, and it's actually pretty much a completely even distribution (25±5 is the expected value for each color if it's perfectly even):

• 30 red
  • 22 blue
  • 25 green
  • 14 colorless
  • 8 Fallen Edelgard

That said, I still wish they'd put something in to force both the player and enemy teams to always be three different colors.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That said, I still wish they'd put something in to force both the player and enemy teams to always be three different colors.

That's one of the annoying things to deal with every voting gauntlet. It's kind of minor on the first day anyway, but obviously it's better if you can complete the quests efficiently.

28 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Wow a lot more people voted for Nils here. I though I'd be the only one haha. Love that little dude. 

Saaaame, though from the reaction when he first entered the game, I was pleasantly surprised to find that people here seem to like him. Nils! ^_^ Glad he gets some love. Level-headed brave little guy just trying his best in a crazy world.

56 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

What's that, my first team got cucked by bad multiplier timing for the umpteenth time this year? Meh, Tsubasa next or something because screw joining Nils. 

This mode's bullshit no longer surprises or angers me.

Personally I always save my flags till the last minute if I pick a non popular character. I'm guessing Nils will lose next cause people will join other teams. It's all good though, this is the fun on the Gauntlet imo.