Legendary/Mythic Hero Battle - Thórr and Eitri

Some Jerk

@BoaFerox @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11 @Maaka @GuiltyLove @Wanda @Diovani Bressan @daisy jane

Larumthality was a good investment after all.

I knew I was going to need Larum and her freshly-inherited Lethality to deal with Eitri because of that damned Near Save Sword Knight, so she subbed in for Puddle this run. This had the unfortunate side effect of making the TAR Blue Mage and Spendthrift Blue Bow a lot harder to deal with, making up the majority of my difficulty, but Silvia's quad-spam and Balldigan going L&D7 gave me a backup plan. I was fully expecting to have to throw a Lethality at Thórr, but Silvia on full buffs with Thórr suffering the dagger debuffs ended up being capable of blowing through her sky-high Def.

I didn't realize until after the clear that Leanne didn't need her extra movement on the last turn, so she could've moved closer to Larum for Atk Tactic. Instead Larum pointlessly ate a Pelleas for Atk/Res Oath, whoops.

Ironically I probably couldn't have beaten this map without investing so much into spring Loki, +10, 15 Feathers, Lethality, Atk/Def Menace, and Attack/Spd Catch 4, all that was exactly enough to ko Thorr on the second turn, and the kindly staff wielder pinged me to set up Lethality for Eitri, and what inspired me to even build that was thinking of a use for a free Otr.

@Some Jerk
Thats one nifty Larum. I never see watersweep, but it and courtly fan made short work of Etri. Also cool to see a swordy take down Thor. My Leif was struggling to do do any damage to her.

The plan was to showcase my Altena on this map, but this wasn't really the map for it. Two super strong greens, mages, archers and flyers everywhere. That red fridge, Eitri with her damage reduction/followup negation/autodoubles and Thor and her deflect magic where a thorn in my plans too

But if the map uses cheesy tactics, then so can I. Duo Leif got to use all of his disgusting tricks to turn the tables. It was a nice map for Asbel too

@Landmaster @Diovani Bressan @BoaFerox @Unknown Gamer11

Edited by Sasori

It'll take a bit until I find a way to clear this with one of my Eirikas, so for now enjoy 1 turn cheese. 

@Some Jerk Wow, Lethality Larum! She did great, the power of that special is something else. Good use of Watersweep as well. The other dancers were awesome as usual too, of course. Also, rest in peace Pelleas, hopefully that Oath skill becomes actually integral to a clear in the future.

@Sasori Well done, I can imagine Deflect Magic was annoying when figuring this out. It was really annoying for me too lol. Harmonic Leif is super strong here, and Asbel did great as always.

@Alexmender This map is pretty cheesy itself so I don't blame you for cheesing it. Nice use of Far Trace to position for Wings of Mercy!

This map was pretty mean to my Tanas, with such overly bulky green units, and then the bulkiest of them all even had the perfect Seal to prevent Summer Tana from contributing with a KO. Ended up having to bring Bride Catria which I don't usually do except when the map is an extremely bad matchup like this one. The cheapest thing on the map has got to be sticking a Miracle Guard Bearing flier in range of Thórr though, still a little annoyed I couldn't find a way to deal with that one in a single combat, but at least I managed to beat it with all three Tanas on the team.

I confess I am not proud of how I beat this map, but... ehh.

@Landmaster @GuiltyLove @daisy jane

@Some Jerk Oh wow! Lethality on Larum sounds fun! And th entire team did great as well!

@Sasori Oh wow! That Asbel tanking that many foes...  he probably made you proud! And Leif's Miracle saved him from Eitri. Nice clear!

@Alexmender The power of Duo Skills for the win!

@BoaFerox The Tana's + Catria did a great job! The moviment they have is insane!

14 hours ago, Lemmy said:

Ironically I probably couldn't have beaten this map without investing so much into spring Loki, +10, 15 Feathers, Lethality, Atk/Def Menace, and Attack/Spd Catch 4, all that was exactly enough to ko Thorr on the second turn, and the kindly staff wielder pinged me to set up Lethality for Eitri, and what inspired me to even build that was thinking of a use for a free Otr.

I think you meant Deadeye, right?

Lethality is a dagger class exclusive special, and I am pretty sure Spring Loki is an archer.

With how hard it was to move around on this map, I unfortunately had to give Ninjorrin a couple of kills. We were getting overrun otherwise. Hopefully the next Mythic or Legendary Battle will be a bit easier with only one threat to worry about. 

@Some Jerk - Seems like I never realize how often these Armor units have Save what with none of the Elises hitting on the Physical side. Though, I should probably be looking at skills more often. Watersweep Courtly Fan to deal with Eitri and you gave her Lethality. Your Larum was eating well and doing great work. As was Silvia, no surprise there. Offensive Eldigan is no joke, either. He still manages to tank just as well.

@Sasori - I love that Asbel build. He's surprisingly good mixed tank-nuker. Scion Leif is also a clutch unit with how hard it is to kill him. I also like seeing invested OG!Leifs so it was nice to see him here.

@Alexmender - Short and sweet. Thorr and Eitri's army can't get around all those quads and doubles they had to take. Nice work!

@BoaFerox - Nice work with your Tanas and figuring out how to beat it. It did look tough but some help from Triangle Attack made it more than doable! Congrats~

@Diovani Bressan - Tsk tsk with the cheating units and cheating skills. But you still beat it, B!Marth is actually a perfect counter to Eitri so I don't blame you for using him here. It's not easy to one-turn this without Lynja either but B!Marth is pretty unique~ Good work!

@Some Jerk Larum had some nice skills. It looked tough near the end, though.

@BoaFerox I tend to use Bridal Catria if I'm being very lazy as well 😛 it's nice to see you have a consistent team, at least. The movement the team has is impeccable!

@Diovani Bressan That exact KO with Lyn was satisfying. I had one of those with my own Lyn. CYL Marth would be nice to have.

@Landmaster There are so many exact KOs here. The map really looked crowded, but Miracle saved you a few times 🙂 Nice job to the Elise team.

@NSSKG151 @Unknown Gamer11

I'm hoping Hinoka will be on the next HoF! I would love more premium skills on her. Some of these enemies were very fast.

@Some Jerk Oh, nice Larum build, didn't even know you had one. A lot of people doubted the usefulness of Frenzy when it came out, but that was the perfect example of how it's beneficial for this kind of build.

It's ok, no one needs Pelleas.

@Sasori Oh, no kids this time around huh. Close Foil Asbel reminds me of how I used him to tank and OHKO wyverns in Thracia, which honestly wasn't a very good idea but was my only option. FLeif is definitely some cheese.

@Alexmender Cool units. I wish I had a ninja Corrin, but I'm still in saving mode for LAzura remix. Do you have savings for LEirika remix?

@BoaFerox Yeah, this map has a lot of cheese in it. I was wondering if you were going to use Summer Tana's refine teleporting, but no chance for that this time.

@Diovani Bressan Marth plop, huh. Was amusing to see the Spur Attacks needed.

@Landmaster It's ok, Ninja Elise supervised and authorized those kills. I bet she taught Corrin magic too. Several clutch Miracles there, nice.

I originally thought about bringing out Belica for this since there's two green bosses, but I've been wanting to use other things in Abyssals because I feel like she walks on most Abyssals too hard lol. Wanted to use ALaeg too, so I thought might as well make it Heroes themed. Dropped AFjorm for OG Fjorm because it was too easy otherwise.

Don't really have much to say except Eitri and Thorr were both doomed from the beginning for being green units and not having Iote's Shield on them.

@BoaFerox Nice one turn clear with the Tana team. I was wondering if it was even possible to one turn this map due to the starting enemy placements.

@Alexmender Nice one turn clear. Having both Ninja Duo units on a team can sure bring out some crazy one turn shenanigans.

@Landmaster Great Elise team clear. I also agree that this map was not fun to play on since it felt too easy to get trapped and surrounded.

@GuiltyLove Nice clears as always with your flying teams. Here's hoping Hinoka is in the next HoF. It would be nice vengeance to actually use her in the mode where it is always a nightmare to see her as an enemy unit.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice Heroes themed team clear. Ascended Heroes look like they are really heavy hitters.

And this month's edition of "Xenomata presents a unit who until now has never seen the light of day in an Abyssal Hero Battle" presents... Nino!
...wait, read that wrong. It's actually NinA.

Yeah, I made a vow to give Nina a Spd-based brave bow if one were ever released, and lo and behold one was released. This was her official "test drive" if you will, and I think she did quite splendidly.
This would also be the debut of LegTiki post-refine, and to be fair I don't think I ever actually used her in an Abyssal clear... then again, unlike Nina I do regularly use her...
I honestly only brought LegLilina because I thought she would be the one to be getting the kills on Eitri and Thorr. Guess that was only on Infernal difficulty, especially after I did an oopsie and had her attack that Armor who didn't let her charge her special. Not that she didn't still help a lot, but she probably wasn't... necessary to bring.
And Peony... eh, I felt like doing something different. It's always either LegAzura or DuoPeony with me, and Peony at least is free to everyone.

@BoaFerox: I was briefly confused why Stana had a 'brave tome', but of course thats Bridal Catria being completely bonkers. But some very good numbers. Mostly just surprised that lance flier survived his first encounter

@Diovani Bressan Oh great job not cheating  using dual skills. Leavapain was great in taking down these two heroes with her absurd damage. And Asbel did. I did that build on a whimp, but I like the results

@Landmaster Ninjorin packs a real big punch. Not even bulky reds where a problem. Also cool to see Dagger Elise with a desperation weapon. It made short work of Etri. My Og Leif does have some premium skills on him....not that he could make that much use of it here.

@SatsumaFSoysoy The Araphen boys got a break this month. I had some new units I wanted to play with...though they probably would't have done well in this map either way.

But i'm not the only one with a new team. Cool to see a (blind) leagyarn. Fjorm also held up really well. She might not double, but she can sure tank mages/archers

@Landmaster It's ok to rely on big sis for some help on a map like this. And the Elises were definitely the main carries as usual, nice clear!

@GuiltyLove Two very nice flier teams here! They both did really well in picking off the enemies as they approached. Hinoka would indeed be a pretty cool HoF pick, she's someone I might get myself.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice Heroes team there! Ascended Laegjarn reminds me of the days where I used Brave Lyn and dancers to take on difficult maps, except Laegjarn is of course even more of a menace. It's also nice how NY Plumeria has a lot of power despite being a dancer so she could take on something when necessary.

@Diovani Bressan Nice clears, both with and without the cheat buttons! Laevatein is definitely a good answer to incredibly bulky green threats, she did great here.

@NSSKG151 NY Anna absolutely devoured those two, impressive! I see Commander Anna got herself a Shuriken Axe too, looks pretty cool on her. Nice clear!

On 12/6/2021 at 10:06 AM, Sasori said:

I was briefly confused why Stana had a 'brave tome', but of course thats Bridal Catria being completely bonkers. But some very good numbers. Mostly just surprised that lance flier survived his first encounter

All due to his Guard Bearing reducing the first hit by 50%. They did basically everything they could to make him hard to take out in one round from the spot he started, with Slaying Lance Worldbreaker buffed Miracle and Guard Bearing. Could have done it with a strong enough brave hit though, was just hard to find a way to fit that into the Tana team while also being able to take out everything else.

I can't believe I actually forgot to record my clear yesterday, dang it! Was an Archanea clear with Bantu, H!Tiki, Mininerva (HB4, Odd tempest and Galeforce), and Gordin.

Once I've got some time I'll have to respond to everyone elses, and can repost some of the older ones I never posted.

14 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

I can't believe I actually forgot to record my clear yesterday, dang it! Was an Archanea clear with Bantu, H!Tiki, Mininerva (HB4, Odd tempest and Galeforce), and Gordin.

Once I've got some time I'll have to respond to everyone elses, and can repost some of the older ones I never posted.

I want to see the clear 😄 Archanea units are always a welcome sight

• 1 month later...

Relying to some clears I somehow never did~

@GuiltyLove - Nice work with all that Flyer maneuvering around you were able to do. Can't ever go wrong with Lynja but the other units were no less potent even if they're less broken. Hinoka was quite impressive, despite being one of the older units in the team.

Galeforce Catria! I think you can make any build work on her. This was a total team effort, great making use of those doubles and Desperation to avoid too many tough battles.

@SatsumaFSoysoy - 9 damage to 70 damage on the final hit was crazy. Also I totally expected Reginn to 1-round Eitri. She is so annoying but if anyone can chip her down, it's Reginn. A!Laegjarn is a lot stronger than I thought considering I don't see her too often, but it makes sense for an Ascended alt to be busted. Loved the Heroes theme team.

@Diovani Bressan - Laevatein is a deplorable monster. The only real answer to the cheating skills.

@NSSKG151 - Look at all those ninja weapons, looked like fun. I imagine NY!Anna has hers, too but Spendthrift is always good for tanking. She was awesome being able to get rid of both bosses with ease. And Phina with the Astra nuke was great, too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...