Rate my castle

Oops! All OCs

Please. 😄

Seriously, I want to learn more about what the best comps are and what to do but I'm not sure where else to go besides the number 1 forums for Fire Emblem content. What to do for castle defenses, what to do on attack, should I max my stats, what's the best way to grind for kills for the statues, etc... All I know is that Nohrian Trust can be disgustingly good.

And why yes, I AM trying to learn the meta of a (mostly) dead game almost a decade later after everyone has left it (-cries-), why do you ask? 🤣

Edited by Oops! All OCs

Honestly, you're probably better off searching at top forums. Perhaps youtube has videos on it? From what little I know of top builds in fates, you either go for skills with quixotic and hoshidan unity combined with nohrian trust yo spam offensive skills such as rend heaven or lethality of you're feeling lucky. There's also that one midori miracle build that helps her almost always proc it. I don't know too much on that, but there's surely a ton of info on that. I dont really focus on castle builds, but I sort of tried it with one of my conquest teams. I fought your castle with it, so I'm assuming you have the ability to visit my castle with it. I think thats how it works. If not, you can ask me for my castle of you want. I will warn you that the game crashes if you fight my Corrin with animations on. I dobt know why. I might have to challenge you again later to offer better advice, but your team could use better skills. Skills probably matter much more than pure stats for castle battles. Xander had lethality, but it'll barely help without skills to increase its odds, as it's skill/4. I believe a few of your units had replicate, but the castle AI doesn't touch it, so it shouldn't be equipped on your castle defenders. I do thibk you can do a slightly better job with AI linking. Its not too hard to just bait out some enemies and take them out one by one. There's not too much incentive to split your army, so its easy to just pair up an army to one side when fighting your castle and brute force the center. But that in turn causes some enemies waiting on the side to show up late to the battle, giving the player ample time to take out the others. Again, I'm not too nig on castle battles, so I don't exactly know how to make it top tier or anything. I haven't completely focused on statues, so I wouldn't say you need to prioritize capping them. Skills and unit positioning with well thought out ai are what you really want. Of course, you obviously won't have a great castle defense with low stats, but capped units won't necessarily guarentee victory. 

Actually, I'll just say it here. My castle address is 16170-65306 15752-40716. Again, dont fight with animations on, since it crashes for some reason. At least, that's what my brother experienced and so did I.

On 12/4/2021 at 9:57 PM, Shaky Jones said:

Honestly, you're probably better off searching at top forums. Perhaps youtube has videos on it? From what little I know of top builds in fates, you either go for skills with quixotic and hoshidan unity combined with nohrian trust yo spam offensive skills such as rend heaven or lethality of you're feeling lucky. There's also that one midori miracle build that helps her almost always proc it. I don't know too much on that, but there's surely a ton of info on that. I dont really focus on castle builds, but I sort of tried it with one of my conquest teams. I fought your castle with it, so I'm assuming you have the ability to visit my castle with it. I think thats how it works. If not, you can ask me for my castle of you want. I will warn you that the game crashes if you fight my Corrin with animations on. I dobt know why. I might have to challenge you again later to offer better advice, but your team could use better skills. Skills probably matter much more than pure stats for castle battles. Xander had lethality, but it'll barely help without skills to increase its odds, as it's skill/4. I believe a few of your units had replicate, but the castle AI doesn't touch it, so it shouldn't be equipped on your castle defenders. I do thibk you can do a slightly better job with AI linking. Its not too hard to just bait out some enemies and take them out one by one. There's not too much incentive to split your army, so its easy to just pair up an army to one side when fighting your castle and brute force the center. But that in turn causes some enemies waiting on the side to show up late to the battle, giving the player ample time to take out the others. Again, I'm not too nig on castle battles, so I don't exactly know how to make it top tier or anything. I haven't completely focused on statues, so I wouldn't say you need to prioritize capping them. Skills and unit positioning with well thought out ai are what you really want. Of course, you obviously won't have a great castle defense with low stats, but capped units won't necessarily guarentee victory. 

Actually, I'll just say it here. My castle address is 16170-65306 15752-40716. Again, dont fight with animations on, since it crashes for some reason. At least, that's what my brother experienced and so did I.

Thank you, and sorry for the late response. I'll try looking at some Youtube videos, thanks. 😄

My castle was actually supposed to be using a Nohrian Trust strategy, but it didn't have it on before, apparently. Now it should. I also updated the layout, can you take another look and see if it's become any better? There's a 2nd play in mind now, one that I saw online.

I also saw your castle, that is quite clever. I can see what you mean by skills as well. But I do see some weaknesses... I may try to give it a go. Could be fun imho. I also gave it a small practice run, I didn't see any crashes with battle animations turned on. Maybe it's some DLC that causes this crash? I have every DLC downloaded, that might be influencing things... or it's because I have singing and staff animations off, even those didn't come into play yet?