Chibi Playhouse: Holiday

Ice Dragon

34 minutes ago, XRay said:

Seems like Alfonse and Veronica will rule a United Kingdom of Askr and Embla one day.

Probably. Which in retrospect might have made it preferable had IS made Veronica a teensy bit older. Its kinda awkward that Alfonse is an adult and Veronica....isn't. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I think it was pretty obvious with Líf and Thrasir, but Alfonse and Veronica are totally confirmed canon now and no one can change my mind.

Also, I know this animation was just for fun, but imagine if this was the origin for Brave Veronica, lol.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Probably. Which in retrospect might have made it preferable had IS made Veronica a teensy bit older. Its kinda awkward that Alfonse is an adult and Veronica....isn't. 

3 hours ago, indigoasis said:

I think it was pretty obvious with Líf and Thrasir, but Alfonse and Veronica are totally confirmed canon now and no one can change my mind.

Also, I know this animation was just for fun, but imagine if this was the origin for Brave Veronica, lol.

They could give Veronica Resplendent artwork to make her older. I think the most likely route is to just release groom Alfonse and bride Veronica who are older during June as a glimpse to the future or something. If Veronica: Brave Princess and Thrasir can make them bank, I bet bride Veronica will too.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Also with the valentines banner about the Askr family trading Sharena for Veronica (like, they had to have Veronica there too instead of just having Thrasir with Líf for some reason) (what bothered the most though was that in the paralogue everyone was saying "oh! now the whole family is together!" instead of simply acknowledging that Sharena wasn't there, why???? they just needed one LINE to say this!).

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't think he is an adult, for me Alfonse looks like a 15 or 16 years old, 17 being the most I think? (like, Líf is considerably taller than Alfonse, isnt him? So the slow lord gotta have some growing left, so he can't be older than that). Ok, Veronica was said to be 13 (in some conversation with Sanaki) and in adolescence years 4 years of difference are a lot already (while 2 are usually not that much, so in the case he is 15, IS could just pull this card as an excuse if they wanted I guess, or just never confirm his age and let us just knowing that he is simply a teenager like they've been doing now), and there has been creepier things in FE before anyway (cough! Roy and Cecilia! Cough!). Also, maybe they will only get together after some kind of time skip so the age gap will feel less weird like in 3H (or in FE6, in Roy's and Cecilia's case), Or maybe the fujoshis are right and Alfonse will be with Bruno instead and none of this matters(kididng, before anyone asks), so idk.

I kinda like how slow their "development" is though, like they're usually only actually ship teased in non canon stuff like this video or being put in the valentines banner but not even having any kind of "moment" together there, being ship teased through Líf and Thrasir, and this kind of thing (like its never ACTUALLY THEM)... but right now their relationship is not even close to romantic yet (sure, by foreshadowing we know that they will probably be together in the future but I find it cool that just by the main story alone we would have no clue about this yet). Its fun how Alfonse is each time more understanding and ...cordial? with Veronica while Sharena is always cautious and cynic near her (or even utterly pissed at her), its nice to see this inversion of papers between the siblings, also seeing Askr and Embla bloods mixing in the future would be interesting to the plot. I'm not crazy about the ship, but I wouldn't mind it if it happened either (nor if it DIDNT happen actually), so far its been fine.

38 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I don't think he is an adult, for me Alfonse looks like a 15 or 16 years old, 17 being the most I think? (like, Líf is considerably taller than Alfonse, isnt him? So the slow lord gotta have some growing left, so he can't be older than that). Ok, Veronica was said to be 13 (in some conversation with Sanaki) and in adolescence years 4 years of difference are a lot already (while 2 are usually not that much, so in the case he is 15, IS could just pull this card as an excuse if they wanted I guess, or just never confirm his age and let us just knowing that he is simply a teenager like they've been doing now), and there has been creepier things in FE before anyway (cough! Roy and Cecilia! Cough!). Also, maybe they will only get together after some kind of time skip so the age gap will feel less weird like in 3H (or in FE6, in Roy's and Cecilia's case), Or maybe the fujoshis are right and Alfonse will be with Bruno instead and none of this matters(kididng, before anyone asks), so idk.

I'm not so sure about that. Alfonse looks bigger and older than the 15 year old Roy or the (presumably) similarly young Takumi, and while he definitely doesn't come off as particularly old for a lord he doesn't seem on the younger end either. I'd say he's likely somewhere in the 17-19 range. Sharena being so visibly older than Veronica suggests she's somewhere between the two which further limits how young Alfonse can be. I wouldn't think he'd be 15 because Sharena must be younger and she certainly doesn't look much younger than 15. If she'd be younger  then she'd have resembled Veronica more. Sharena resembles a girl like Eirika more than Veronica or Lissa so I'd sooner gauge her at slightly above 15.

At one point Alfonse does claim to be an adult to his mother which suggests he might be 18 but that could also just be an expression to indicate he doesn't need looking after anymore. 

What makes it a bit awkward is that Veronica so obviously hasn't developed yet. Both in appearance and behavior she's still far more of a ''little girl'' than she is a teenager. As ew as Roy's romance with his teacher could be he at least wasn't a complete child.

I kinda like how slow their "development" is though, like they're usually only actually ship teased in non canon stuff like this video or being put in the valentines banner but not even having any kind of "moment" together there, being ship teased through Líf and Thrasir, and this kind of thing (like its never ACTUALLY THEM)... but right now their relationship is not even close to romantic yet (sure, by foreshadowing we know that they will probably be together in the future but I find it cool that just by the main story alone we would have no clue about this yet). Its fun how Alfonse is each time more understanding and ...cordial? with Veronica while Sharena is always cautious and cynic near her (or even utterly pissed at her), its nice to see this inversion of papers between the siblings, also seeing Askr and Embla bloods mixing in the future would be interesting to the plot. I'm not crazy about the ship, but I wouldn't mind it if it happened either (nor if it DIDNT happen actually), so far its been fine.

I was a bit disappointed that Veronica didn't interact with Alfonse on the valentine banner though this was only due to the hilarity of the Askr family dumping Sharena while taking their arch nemesis along. I do like the two together. I think Alfonse(or rather Kiran) having a friendly chat with her about Bruno's absence was a nice moment for the two of them. But the pairing might risk poor Alfonse turning into a bit of a laughing stock with um.....questionable tastes. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

18 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm not so sure about that. Alfonse looks bigger and older than the 15 year old Roy or the (presumably) similarly young Takumi, and while he definitely doesn't come off as particularly old for a lord he doesn't seem on the younger end either. I'd say he's likely somewhere in the 17-19 range. Sharena being so visibly older than Veronica suggests she's somewhere between the two which further limits how young Alfonse can be. I wouldn't think he'd be 15 because Sharena must be younger and she certainly doesn't look much younger than 15. If she'd be younger  then she'd have resembled Veronica more. Sharena resembles a girl like Eirika more than Veronica or Lissa so I'd sooner gauge her at slightly above 15.

At one point Alfonse does claim to be an adult to his mother which suggests he might be 18 but that could also just be an expression to indicate he doesn't need looking after anymore. 

What makes it a bit awkward is that Veronica so obviously hasn't developed yet. Both in appearance and behavior she's still far more of a ''little girl'' than she is a teenager. As ew as Roy's romance with his teacher could be he at least wasn't a complete child.

I was a bit disappointed that Veronica didn't interact with Alfonse on the valentine banner though this was only due to the hilarity of the Askr family dumping Sharena while taking their arch nemesis along. I do like the two together. I think Alfonse(or rather Kiran) having a friendly chat with her about Bruno's absence was a nice moment for the two of them. But the pairing might risk poor Alfonse turning into a bit of a laughing stock with um.....questionable tastes. 

Idk adolescence is a pretty weird fase, some 15 years boys look like adults already, while some 17 years old boys still have some 10cm left to grow and look like pre pubescent teens, its weird... So idk if saying that Roy looks younger than Alfonse counts as a proof, otherwise I could just say that Hector looks older than Alfonse too but he is 17 so that Alfonse should be younger than this, or we could be here for days talking about FE4 and Tharcia characters' ages (like Azel is 18 and looks younger, but Ced is 16 and looks like an adult/older teenager already, Asbel is 15 but looks like a kid, and Dew is...Well, he looks 10 but I'm pretty sure that he is way older than this, you see? theres no way to compare this, teenagers are way too weird). Really, idk. To be honest I think that Alfonse fits better in the 16 or 17 years category, with Sharena likely being 15, but thats just what I think, i've seen people (like you, for example) putting them a little above this (most people I see in this kind of discussion put Alfonse at 17) while some other people put them at the range I said, until we have canon ages this is just a matter of opinion I guess, so while I still disagree about Alfonse being an actual adult, I don't even think its worth trying to argument against it, cuz theres just no way to know right now. Well, in the end it doesn't matter anyway, since as you said (and I forgot to consider before...oops), the ankward part is not their age gap but that Alfonse looks like an adult/older teenager (and acts in a pretty mature way) while Veronica hasn't developed yet and behaves like a kid. Thats why I think that whenever they get any actual romantic development, both of them will be older. and thats one of the motives that makes me like the slow development and ship teasing throught non canon ways that the pairing gets, so we can get used to the idea of them being together in the future without turning this in something way too ankward.

Also, if Alfonse happens to become a laughing stock because of his thing with Veronica, whatever, he already is one, for ton of motives already, one more won't ruin his reputation much more.

On 12/4/2021 at 6:59 PM, Use the Falchion said:

Maybe we'll get one!

I'm really hoping that this means that either the next TT+ event will be about Veronika and Co, or maybe even the next book. 

That would be the dream, I'm always up for more Bruno alts and moments, he is awesome. And while I hated Veronica in the beggining I've grown to like her more and more so I'm all up to see more of her too. Sure, I don't think that having Bruno wear that christmas outfit in the video automatically means that he will get an Xmas alt, because the outfit was a pretty generic one, so I'm not going to get too excited (also since we will have OCs alts in the new year, maybe its kinda unlikeble that we will have more on christmas), but again, I would love if he was there.

I think that the next TT+ will be following Book III's events, but anyway Bruno and Veronica will probably start to get more and more spotlight from now on (I would like to see a TT+ about Bruno's quest to go back to normal someday though), and hopefully they'll eventually become the free units in future books. 🙂

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Since this Playhouse trailer showed Christmas related theme. I'm kind of wondered if the next upcoming Christmas Banner is going to have Veronica and Bruno in their Christmas Alts? The previous Playhouse trailer did show Fjorm and Laegjarn were involved (along with Fjorm singing as well) in that later got a new Tempest Trials series that heavily focus on Fjorm and Laegjarn with new Alts. received from their gods.

Edited by King Marth 64

As with the previous chibi show, I’m expecting the next tempest trials series will feature them, and a storyline about the curse of Embla. That storyline introduced at the start was shoved away for a long time now. Makes sense they wanna use TT to finish it

On the topic of Alfonse's age, I thought it was confirmed that he's 15 or some such.

Anyway, I don't usually like how silly these are, but this had some sweet elements to it. Also, actually laughed a bit at chibi Bruno tossing presents. And yeah, I wonder if this means we'll get cav tome Veronica and lance Bruno for the Christmas banner.

9 hours ago, Mercakete said:

On the topic of Alfonse's age, I thought it was confirmed that he's 15 or some such.

Anyway, I don't usually like how silly these are, but this had some sweet elements to it. Also, actually laughed a bit at chibi Bruno tossing presents. And yeah, I wonder if this means we'll get cav tome Veronica and lance Bruno for the Christmas banner.

Nope, so far we don't have canon ages. Only Veronica that was confirmed to be 13 (and brave Veronica was confirmed to be 14.5 years old by Kozaki Yusuke, because the game was 1.5 years old when she was released, so she was also 1.5 years older than OG! Veronica). Of course, we have some other (very vague and not very valuable) clues about the ages of some other characters like Peony probably being the same age as Sharena and Triandra being older than that, but thats it. Also its highly speculated that Alfonse is 17 around some forums because "its the standard age for FE lords", but its also not canon (for me he looks a little younger than that though). Nothing is canon yet. I hope that the official art book that's being released later this month gives us some canon info about the OCs (like their ages and heights), I like this kind of useless info, its cool.

I also find this videos a little... obinoxiously silly, but they're so cute and heartwarming that I end up finding them pretty entretaining, I just can't help it.

18 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Nope, so far we don't have canon ages. Only Veronica that was confirmed to be 13 (and brave Veronica was confirmed to be 14.5 years old by Kozaki Yusuke, because the game was 1.5 years old when she was released, so she was also 1.5 years older than OG! Veronica). Of course, we have some other (very vague and not very valuable) clues about the ages of some other characters like Peony probably being the same age as Sharena and Triandra being older than that, but thats it. Also its highly speculated that Alfonse is 17 around some forums because "its the standard age for FE lords", but its also not canon (for me he looks a little younger than that though). Nothing is canon yet. I hope that the official art book that's being released later this month gives us some canon info about the OCs (like their ages and heights), I like this kind of useless info, its cool.

I also find this videos a little... obinoxiously silly, but they're so cute and heartwarming that I end up finding them pretty entretaining, I just can't help it.

I thought for sure that I read that Alfonse was 14 or 15 at one point because I remember being surprised at how young he and Sharena were. But the bolded part here confirms something else I began to suspect more solidly with the Book 6 trailer's release: Alfonse looks older to me in this trailer than he did in at least Book 3's trailer. I think the years are actually passing in real time, even if the story events aren't. Like, the main stories happen in whatever span of time they happen, and within a single year, but not spread evenly throughout the year as we get them. Kind of like how between Reginn fainting and waking up, 3 days passed, even though the player can just move from one event to the next in a matter of seconds. All told, I think the total span of time in Book 6 was at most a month. This method of passing the canon time would allow the characters to age (even if their official art doesn't, outside of updated units and cutscene models) and would make the annual holiday events happen basically parallel to our own world's passage of time.