Book VI Feh Channel scheduled for Dec 6th, 12am UTC [UPDATE: Here it is!]

DefyingFates

UPDATE: FEH CHANNEL IS OUT!

------

Per in game notifications. Since it's only 1.25 days away, hopefully it's okay to make this topic now. What do you think we'll see?

(Keep in mind that Feh goes down for maintenance at the same time, so you'll need to go to the Nintendo Mobile channel directly to watch it: https://www.youtube.com/c/NintendoMobile/videos)

qwl10t846h381.jpg

P.S. Apparently this is Embla Castle? Can someone confirm this please?

EDIT: The tweet about the Feh Channel (I really should have started with this...):

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, that'll be an interesting birthday present...
...what? I like it when things happen to land on my birthday.

Anyway, the seasonal units should have been announced by now, or at least been teased, and we've seen nothing yet, assuming they were to be added with the patch on Dec 5th. I have to assume at least one part of the Feh Channel will be discussing them. Now that we're going into Book VI, I wonder if they're gonna add yet another type of special hero to the growing mix?

For sure we'll be seeing talk of what to expect with Book VI. Will we get a male OC this time, or yet another girl? Side question, will we get full details of the new hero banner this channel?

I wonder if we'll learn about more remixes and refines for Legendary and even Mythic heroes? For sure the earliest Mythics are in dire need of the boost. Eir's Lyfjaberg only gets Atk/Spd +4 and follow-up denial, and she is still taking recoil damage afterwards... Duma would much rather be inflicting an Atk/Res -6 debuff on the enemy than getting Atk/Res +6. Could go on...

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

If it is an Embla castle, and given the connection between the previous Chibi Event and this current one, I do hope that either the next book or the next TT+ storyline will be about Veronika and Embla. 

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah it is. Its the background when Otr invades Embla.

I've been hoping for a while that the new book would focus on Veronica, Xander, Bruno and Loki more than the Askr gang for a while now. That was always a stretch but I'm hoping this Embla tease implies that they're actually gonna do it. 

Out of all the OC's Veronica is the one who still needs to complete her arc. I think Alfonse already gotten so much attention that there's not really much left to do with him. After Book 3 he mostly felt like a device to get the plot moving from point A to point B, and wasn't it so much better in Book 3 when this wasn't the case? So let Veronica take over for a bit. IS certainly seems to like her. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

44 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Anyway, the seasonal units should have been announced by now, or at least been teased, and we've seen nothing yet, assuming they were to be added with the patch on Dec 5th. I have to assume at least one part of the Feh Channel will be discussing them. Now that we're going into Book VI, I wonder if they're gonna add yet another type of special hero to the growing mix?

This month's Special Heroes are coming in the second half of the month. The New Heroes banner for the start of Book 6 is coming on the 6th / 7th, iirc, so the channel on the 5th / 6th will be at the normal time for the reveal trailer.

I don't expect to see anything about this month's Special Heroes in the channel, though I guess there's not technically no chance. But I think we'd get silhouettes at most.

I'm curious who the main artist for the OCs will be for this book. It has been Kosaki every odd numbered book, then someone else for the even numbered ones. The big names that aren't previous Fire Emblem main game artists are Sencha and Cuboon. I'm doubting Cuboon, due to the NFT thing, and he's pretty controversial so I don't want the drama. Sencha's art is probably my favorite in the game so that would be cool, not the getting baited by every character part though.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Oooh, that'll be an interesting birthday present...
...what? I like it when things happen to land on my birthday.

Awesome, Happy Birthday in advance!

will we get full details of the new hero banner this channel?

Considering both Books IV and V had a NHB with the new OC guest starring, I'd assume so unless they go back to putting the Hero on a Hero Fest banner again for some reason.

I wonder if they're gonna add yet another type of special hero to the growing mix?

We've already gotten "V2s" for Mythic and Legendary Heroes, but I hope not. Now that you've brought it up though, I would like to see news on what Ascended Heroes we can expect in the future.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Yeah it is. Its the background when Otr invades Embla.

Awesome, thank you very much!

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I've been hoping for a while that the new book would focus on Veronica, Xander, Bruno and Loki more than the Askr gang for a while now.

This would explain the new Chibi Playhouse. And while I was really looking forward to seeing one of the new realms, I admit that taking the time to flesh out the original cast is probably better from a narrative standpoint. I saw a suggestion on Reddit earlier today about the story possibly starting in Embla but involving another realm (as with past Books) which could be a nice "best of both worlds" solution. If that's the case, I at least hope we see the OCs ASAP since seeing how FEH adapts the mythology is most of the fun for me.

29 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I'm curious who the main artist for the OCs will be for this book. It has been Kosaki every odd numbered book, then someone else for the even numbered ones.

I completely forgot about that! I think the Book II artist had drawn an alt or two before it started, but is it likely that the new artist will be completely new to FEH?

22 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

This would explain the new Chibi Playhouse. And while I was really looking forward to seeing one of the new realms, I admit that taking the time to flesh out the original cast is probably better from a narrative standpoint. I saw a suggestion on Reddit earlier today about the story possibly starting in Embla but involving another realm (as with past Books) which could be a nice "best of both worlds" solution. If that's the case, I at least hope we see the OCs ASAP since seeing how FEH adapts the mythology is most of the fun for me.

With Embla and Askr finally getting some world building through some artbook the time would be kinda right to flesh out those kingdoms more.

14 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

With Embla and Askr finally getting some world building through some artbook the time would be kinda right to flesh out those kingdoms more.

There was an artbook? It really does seem more and more like we're getting an Embla revisit. I still feel as mixed as I did before though: having to wait another year to see a new realm is going to hurt...

13hrs until the FEH Channel episode drops and you guys have some good gueses. Personally, I thought all the Embla hinting was toward the next TT+, not the next book. This is partially because the four dragons (Askr, Embla, Muspell, and Nifl) are related to those chibi thingities and seem to be being handled in the TT+'s (introducing the dragons and their champions and all that.) However, it could very well be that the next book directly deals with the dragons, as I've guessed in the past. It could also be that Loki herself is the boss at the end of this book since she's (publicly) had a focus on the 9 realms and the dragons ever since talking to Young Azura way back when the Adrift TT came out. Plus, we haven't seen her "god form" yet. Nifl and Muspell are on the scene now, and Askr and Embla are certainly going to come into focus too, all of them being peers and having to do with the current realms. (And, if we're following Norse mythology, it's all about cycles. The creation, destruction (ragnarok), and re-creation of the world, and it's pretty obvious that that is where this is going.) So, with this cycle coming towards a close, the gods will be overthrown, the world destroyed, and the world rebuilt with new realms (even if, in this case, only in the metaphorical sense) and new gods. So, if Alfador is the final boss, it would make sense if Loki (in her deity form) is the boss here, if only as a test for the forces that will rise to challenge Alfador in the next book. So, we can expect a gathering of dragons (Muspell, Nifl, Askr, Embla, and whoever the heck the dragon of Jotunheimr/Nidavellir is - Reginn's ancestor) and heroes (especially champions chosen by the dragons to overthrow Alfador and rule the new realms, in all likelihood.) That said, Embla (the dragon) is a problem child who just wants to kill Askr. So, Embla may be the big bad of this book, finally drawing Bruno's story to a close and getting Veronica fully on our side for the final fight. (Loki prefers to meddle rather than directly oppose, so I actually think this is the more likely big bad.) Embla might not be destroyed, but if nothing else, he/she will at least be beaten down until he/she calms down and becomes a team player again for the upcoming big boss battle with Alfador.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

There was an artbook? It really does seem more and more like we're getting an Embla revisit. I still feel as mixed as I did before though: having to wait another year to see a new realm is going to hurt...

Yup but predictably its going to be Japan only
https://serenesforest.net/2021/11/25/fire-emblem-heroes-character-illustrations-vol-1-art-book-releases-in-japan-on-december-24/

19 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I completely forgot about that! I think the Book II artist had drawn an alt or two before it started, but is it likely that the new artist will be completely new to FEH?

Book II's artist was Maeshima Shigeki, who had previously drawn Camilla, Xander, and Spring Camilla.

Book IV's artist was Yoshiku, who had previously drawn Bride Caeda, Lene, and New Year Gunnthra.

That said, as it appears we are returning to Embla, I wouldn't be surprised if they had Kozaki Yusuke do the art for Book VI.

Last minute guesses:

If Embla is the focus of the new book, then either Veronica or Bruno will be the free unit. 

If Embla is the focus of the TT+ story this time around, then we'll get an Ascendant Veronika and Ascendant Alfonse by the end of it. (Or maybe they'll switch it up and have Ascendant Sharena?)

Bingo card:

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Book II's artist was Maeshima Shigeki, who had previously drawn Camilla, Xander, and Spring Camilla.

Book IV's artist was Yoshiku, who had previously drawn Bride Caeda, Lene, and New Year Gunnthra.

That said, as it appears we are returning to Embla, I wouldn't be surprised if they had Kozaki Yusuke do the art for Book VI.

Thank you very much! I quite liked the alternating artist pattern, but I'd be fine with him doubling up this one time. It's not like he has to do all of his FEH work at once, after all.

43 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Isn’t it starting in about 15 mins? I have yet to see a link. Maybe Nintendo Mobile won’t stream it this time, and upload the complete video instead

That's my assumption too, considering they did that for the CYL Channel too. I assume that'll be their MO moving forward, since it's one of their "big three" Feh Channels each year (the others being the Anniversary Channels and Book reveals).

5 hours ago, Lemmy said:

Part of me has this feeling that there's going to be a time skip, and the Askr trio might get a stat boost from it.

I know this is wishful thinking, but I hope so too. Heck, letting us merge them alone would be a huge deal (or even giving them easy access to a Duel effect or skills).

EDIT: Feh Channel is up!

Edited by DefyingFates

Seems they're definitely investing in the idea that Veronica and Alfonse are basically palls these days. They shoot a rather telling smile at each other. 

So its an Embla focused book after all. Yeah I'd be down for that. It was kind of a non entity even back in book one so some fleshing out is welcome. I'm guessing Veronica's big sister will be a rival to the throne. With the disastrous alliance with Surtr and a recent dwarf invasion, as well as kinda colluding with the enemy she could certainly argue Veronica isn't doing a very good job.

And....another female OC. At least I can ironically like her for being a cow. 

Honestly, I think it's good to take a break from exploring other realms.

Embla was our first antagonist and it's been explored the least. This will give us what Book 1 didn't.

Can't say I have a good first impression of Ash though. A klutz? Yet another anime girl trope I hate.

Edited by Sentinel07

I've been waiting for a way to sort all my dancers. Sorting will be so much easier. Called the Awakening banner + Yen'fay GHB. Only thing is I don't know how to feel about the Book VI Free-to-Play goddess being named Ash. There can be only one😜 But look at those ears--they're so fluffy! She's also our first Beast F2P Goddess, which is so cool!

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

5 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Can't say I have a good first impression of Ash though. A klutz? Yet another anime girl trope I hate.

Yeah. Being yet another cute waifu for Alfonse's/Kiran's harem was already a strike against her and then they decided to add one of the most stale anime tropes to her as well.

She's cute but they practically all were so by just cycling through all the waifu tropes I think the point of diminishing return was reached around two books ago. 

1 minute ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

I've been waiting for a way to sort all my dancers. Sorting will be so much easier. Called the Awakening banner + Yen'fay GHB.

I remember seeing suggestions of it being an Awakening banner too, I didn't think it would happen though, wow! Biggest twist though is that Yen'fay has a Prf weapon. Hopefully this isn't just to commemorate the new Book and will be the norm going forward. And the dancer option is a huge godsend for me too.

As for the channel itself, we're getting an Embla Book after all, but we're ALSO getting extra lore about Askr, Embla and the Emblian family which makes me happy. Ash and Elm are direct translations of Askr and Embla by the way, and I assume Ash is based on Audhumla (so we may get to learn Alfadhor's origins too). I don't know how bats are involved in the mythos, but maybe they're meant to replace Odin's crows?

Regardless, I'm not a huge fan of Ash seemingly loving Kiran at first sight, but I hope we get an interesting backstory for the world at least (also, Fjorm is going to be furious when she gets back from the TT+). A free Colorless Beast though, that's neat!

P.S. Do you think we'll see Askr and Embla themselves, or will they be kept until later/ another TT+ story?

P.P.S. Ash and Embla being beasts makes me wonder if they're also from Vanaheim, or if the major gods in FEH are all beasts (and thus Alfadhor will be one too).

Favor Battles seem interesting too, though direct PvP always makes me worried about trolls and lag, especially for a Nintendo game with the latter.