Book VI Feh Channel scheduled for Dec 6th, 12am UTC [UPDATE: Here it is!]

DefyingFates

I'm not so sure what to think of Elm. On one hand he seems a bit twinky which is very ''peak anime'' in a game that already indulges in those tropes a bit too much. On the other hand a kiddy villain does stand out compared to the others we've had so far.

Veronica's sister seems the more interesting of the villain pair even if I suspect she's going to end up at the pawn of Elm and Embla.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ash (Colorless Beast Infantry)
Stats: 41/39/27/41/34/182
Skills: Horn of Opening, -, Bonfire, Atk/Def Unity, Lull Atk/Def 3, unknown Prf skill

Flavia (Sword Infantry)
Stats: 41/40/41/36/23/181
Skills: Lioness Blade, -, Draconic Aura, obligatory Atk/Spd Push 4, -, some new C skill

Miriel (Blue Tome Infantry)
Stats: 37/37/40/25/31/170
Skills: Blarlion+, Draw Back, -, Atk/Spd Ideal 3, Spd/Res Link 3, -

No Severa is disappointing, but expected.

Oh, and lol still no Validar. But hey, at least it looks like they actually were kind enough to not only give Amatsu to Yen'fay, but give him a damage reduction skill too (took 8 damage from the Thief instead of the displayed 12). Could it be, a GHB unit that isn't mediocre trash for the first time in a long time?

Honestly, I'm kind of looking forward to this. Midgard's book was an excuse plot and only fleshed out Askr and Embla as much as needed to move things along, so actually getting proper focus and development will be nice to see. It may not be great development considering their track record, but a revisit is still appreciated.

Not sure how I feel about the new OCs. Design-wise they're OK, unique, but I do have my critiques, but personality-wise I'm a little hesitant on Ash as klutz characters can be either fun or annoying depending on how they're used. I do like her Beast form though as cows are a very unique choice compared to the previous ones we've gotten, so I'll probably use her at least for that. Similarly, based on the Aether Raid statues I'm guessing Elm's Beast form will be a bat, which is another unique choice for FE and fitting of his vampire aesthetic. So once he drops I may pick him up depending on how his character plays out. 

Don't really care too much about the new features, but the QoL updates are nice. They desperately needed a search option for the different class of heroes so I appreciate that.

Edited by Medeus

Puffy cheeks angry face Ash is really cute.

And it looks like the new characters aren't going to be outdone by Book IV's characters named after flowers and have decided to be named after trees.

Flavia has a brand new inheritable C skill, by the looks of it.

Miriel has Atk/Spd Ideal 3 and is in the 4-star pool. That's pretty nice, though that doesn't really save on much for inheritance yet since Louise literally has no other particularly noteworthy skills.

Also, laser cow.

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I remember seeing suggestions of it being an Awakening banner too, I didn't think it would happen though, wow! And the dancer option is a huge godsend for me too.

As for the channel itself, we're getting an Embla Book after all, but we're ALSO getting extra lore about Askr, Embla and the Emblian family which makes me happy. Ash and Elm are direct translations of Askr and Embla by the way, and I assume Ash is based on Audhumla (so we may get to learn Alfadhor's origins too). I don't know how bats are involved in the mythos, but maybe they're meant to replace Odin's crows?

(Fjorm is going to be furious when she gets back from the TT+).

Yep.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Ash (Colorless Beast Infantry)
Stats: 41/39/27/41/34/182
Skills: Horn of Opening, -, Bonfire, Atk/Def Unity, Lull Atk/Def 3, unknown Prf skill

Flavia (Sword Infantry)
Stats: 41/40/41/36/23/181
Skills: Lioness Blade, -, Draconic Aura, obligatory Atk/Spd Push 4, -, some new C skill

Miriel (Blue Tome Infantry)
Stats: 37/37/40/25/31/170
Skills: Blarlion+, Draw Back, -, Atk/Spd Ideal 3, Spd/Res Link 3, -

No Severa is disappointing, but expected.

Oh, and lol still no Validar. But hey, at least it looks like they actually were kind enough to not only give Amatsu to Yen'fay, but give him a damage reduction skill too (took 8 damage from the Thief instead of the displayed 12). Could it be, a GHB unit that isn't mediocre trash for the first time in a long time?

Yen'fay's weapon is similar to Amatsu, but it's not Say'ri's Amatsu, as his Astra goes to 3CD after use. It has slaying in it.

It's kind of strange to move away from the Norse mythology/Nine Realms plotline after sticking with it for four books, even if we'll still see Alfador eventually. Maybe IS went back to Midgard because they couldn't figure out what to do for Vanaheim. I suppose we'll see Askr and Embla themselves and resolve the Embla curse by the end of the book, so Veronica and Bruno will be free to help the party against Asgard.

On another note, it's funny how they aren't even pretending that Veronica is still a villain at this point.

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Aww this is just cute. Chibi Alfonse and Veronica playing on their phones against each other and Reinhardt commentating. 

I cannot stand the sight of Reinhardt. 

Fire Emblem Heroes - Summoner Duels: Alfonse vs Veronica Play-by-Play - YouTube

I'm pretty sure Reinhardt has more dialogue here than he does in his own game.

Edited by Lightchao42

Man such a disappointed. I screamed when I saw Letizia in the trailer because I thought she was Embla's current queen or something, but nope it's just Veronica's big sis.

What's with this game and telling us a queen exists just to never show her to us? Fjorm's mom, Embla's current queen, Eir's real mom, Nott and Dagr's mom, even a little one second long tease of the existence of a mom for Laegjarn and Laevatein.

The only one to actually escape this grim fate is Henriette and even she isn't playable in her base form. WTF? This game hates Milfs, smh.

Anyway I can't believe we got a literal cow girl lmao! But she is pretty tasteful for a cow girl so I can't complain. And getting a free colorless beast is awesome. Does this mean we have a free 2 play friendly beast unit of each color now? 

For a second I thought the bat boy was a bat girl too but he looks pretty interesting. I can't wait to see him transform into a bat.

And the Awakening banner was pretty nice. With Priam and Yen'fay they finished the spotpass units to use so they will have to give us a Validar GHB next time, right?

With the remaining gen 2 kids I would think. They have a better chance of selling than the remaining shepards. R.I.P. Ricken, Vaike, Gregor and KELLAM! I fell sad for them.

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

With the remaining gen 2 kids I would think. They have a better chance of selling than the remaining shepards. R.I.P. Ricken, Vaike, Gregor and KELLAM! I fell sad for them.

Oh Kellam's on the banner. We just can't see him and neither can the summoning mechanic. 

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And it looks like the new characters aren't going to be outdone by Book IV's characters named after flowers and have decided to be named after trees.

Ash and Elm are direct translations of Askr and Embla respectively, if you're curious. So there's a secondary meaning behind the names. Also, you nailed it with your guess of Kozaki doing the art for this book too!

7 minutes ago, Medeus said:

which is another unique choice for FE and fitting of his vampire aesthetic.

Suddenly I'm getting FE: Twilight flashbacks.

8 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

On the other hand a kiddy villain does stand out compared to the others we've had so far.

Speaking of kiddy villains, I was surprised to see Alfonse and Veronica be straight up allies here, not even just "allies of convenience" since they seem genuinely happy to see each other. Veronica being brainwashed may be a way to revert to Book I's status quo though, if only for the second act.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's kind of strange to move away from the Norse mythology/Nine Realms plotline after sticking with it for four books, even if we'll still see Alfador eventually.

Midgard is still a realm, even if it's the vanilla one. I was hoping for Vanaheimr too, but I'll settle for exploring more of the lore (especially if it ties back into the Alfador stuff as implied by Ash's design).

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm pretty sure Reinhardt has more dialogue here than he does in his own game.

FEH Book 6: Return of the Meme.

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

Yen'fay's weapon is similar to Amatsu, but it's not Say'ri's Amatsu, as his Astra goes to 3CD after use. It has slaying in it.

Yeah, I realized shortly after that post that he has an Amatsu variant (which might be where the damage reduction is coming from too) instead of the base one Say'ri got. 

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

With Priam and Yen'fay they finished the spotpass units to use so they will have to give us a Validar GHB next time, right?

Nope, we'll get Cervantes or Excellus and we will like it. But seriously, their continued avoidance of Validar is equally comical and confusing. I thought IS liked their red tome spam.

12 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Yep.

I know, right? She goes through an emotional rollercoaster and finally cheats death and gets Laegjarn back from the dead, only to come back and find a random cow girl dangling from Kiran's coat tails. The poor thing.

...this is prime material for a crackfic or manga chapter. Don't let me down IS, please.

@Tybrosion re. the red tome spam: maybe IS finally understood that everyone hates it?

Edited by DefyingFates

Also, the new mode has a Forma Soul as one of the rewards. That's really nice. It seems to last 2 weeks, but even 1 Forma a month would be pretty good.

Editing just to expand my thoughts.
We still don't know how it works, if those are lifetime rewards, that would be just 1 Forma (and, seeing how high the numbers go and how many flowers are there, it could very much be lifetime rewards.)

Edited by Rinco

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Speaking of kiddy villains, I was surprised to see Alfonse and Veronica be straight up allies here, not even just "allies of convenience" since they seem genuinely happy to see each other. Veronica being brainwashed may be a way to revert to Book I's status quo though, if only for the second act.

It was a long time coming. Veronica was just a villain in name only for about four books now. 

It's kind of strange to move away from the Norse mythology/Nine Realms plotline after sticking with it for four books, even if we'll still see Alfador eventually. Maybe IS went back to Midgard because they couldn't figure out what to do for Vanaheim. I suppose we'll see Askr and Embla themselves and resolve the Embla curse by the end of the book, so Veronica and Bruno will be free to help the party against Asgard.

I'm kinda happy they did. I've started to feel that so rigidly sticking to norse mythology was a little lazy. Its fine to draw inspiration from mythology but this can be done in more interesting ways than just copying norse Mythology. And IS rapidly adding new realms without fleshing any of them out wasn't really a good approach. 

Midgard is still a realm, even if it's the vanilla one.

Isn't the realm of Askr and Embla named Zenith?

Edited by Etrurian emperor

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nope, we'll get Cervantes or Excellus and we will like it. But seriously, their continued avoidance of Validar is equally comical and confusing. I thought IS liked their red tome spam.

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Let's go point by point.

• I'm not really feeling the new OCs, but I look foward to see if this book is finally going to put an end to Veronica's curse thing. Cow Girl is trying too hard to fit into Freyja's beast girl niche, and I still prefer the latter's design by a lot. The new guy is going to be a flying bat, he gives me some Ghirahim vibes but I bet he won't be as cool. 
  • The quests are giving a lot of Divine Codes for some reason. I haven't touched those in a long while, but it'll be nice to have a buffer in case I need to complete a path ASAP to do a certain build. 
  • I don't feel very strong about any of the Awakening units, so that's an easy skip for me. At least Yen'Fay seems like a cool GHB, which is welcome after the trash fest of book V GHBs. 
  • Mixed feelings about PVP mode. It seems like it'll be sorta similar to Fates PVP mode? I never tried that one so I can't really say. If this mode is slightly balanced it'd be fun to fight with friends or hold some tournaments and the like. On normal mode at least you still get points even if you get bodied, so anyone might be able to get all the rewards by spamming Auto battle if they dislike PVP. 
  • Profile card is ok. I'm going to hide my number of golden chairs because I have less than 10, lol. 
  • New sorting options are nice, although I doubt I'm going to use them all that much.

Guess that's about it? Kinda light this time, although the PVP thing is certainly going to cause some headaches to some people.

Love the sort/filter changes. Awakening banner is fine. Ash looks silly but a free beast is nice. Profile card is cool, as is finally adding PVP, and I can never say no to more Forma Souls.

My recent slacking has let my Arena tier take a nosedive, but maybe there's an option to show your number of crowns even if you aren't T21?

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

The quests are giving a lot of Divine Codes for some reason. I haven't touched those in a long while, but it'll be nice to have a buffer in case I need to complete a path ASAP to do a certain build.

Unlike the first set, the second batch of Codes are actually good so they may be worth your time, at least for some of the early nodes.

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Isn't the realm of Askr and Embla named Zenith?

Yes, but the lore all but confirms it's meant to be the Midgard stand-in: Askr/ Embla and Lif/ Lifthrasir were the Norse Adam and Eve following the Earth's creation and after Ragnarok respectively, and the Mjolnir Strikes battles are held in a place named after Midgard too. Zenith is just the name used as a reference point for other FE properties, I assume.

Aight, so new book and free OC. The OC seems fine, although I was kind of hoping for Veronica. We are finally wrapping up Embla's storyline, so that's nice. Plus, we're getting the retainer of Askr? Makes me wonder if we'll get Askr and Embla themselves. The new PvP mode... Seems fine. Thank the lord you're not competing in rank for scoring, or that'd suck. Also, it's a king of the hill type of gamemode, thankfully. No end-turn simulator here folks. (Also the background art with the knights look nice.) Not to mention, Forma souls! Woo! And profile cards! Always loved those! Now for the banner itself. Priam seems fine, and Basilio's neat. Flavia appears to have a prf c-skill? I can't tell. I wish Miriel was a 4 star special but whatever. And it appears Yen-fey has a prf weapon? Excited for that. All in all, pretty decent.

16 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Aww this is just cute. Chibi Alfonse and Veronica playing on their phones against each other and Reinhardt commentating. 

Reinhardt?! I'm laughing so hard right now! 😆 Aw man, I totally would give Chris Smith a raise for going above and beyond, even if it has to be you, Julius.

22 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Not interested in the game mode. I’ve only watched it just to hear THE Reinhardt as a commentator 

I noticed Ash had quite the features, and sure enough she transforms into a cow. She's even a light mythic that boosts attack, literally "I'm done playing with you" to Freyja.

The sort by dancer option is really nice, I use one set of my favorites for those type of units already.

I'm not too excited about the new pvp mode, and I can't really avoid it since the rewards are so good. I hope it's some thing that's limited time so that I don't have to engage too often.

3 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I noticed Ash had quite the features, and sure enough she transforms into a cow. She's even a light mythic that boosts attack, literally "I'm done playing with you" to Freyja.

The sort by dancer option is really nice, I use one set of my favorites for those type of units already.

I'm not too excited about the new pvp mode, and I can't really avoid it since the rewards are so good. I hope it's some thing that's limited time so that I don't have to engage too often.

Gotta see if the forms souls are refreshed. If so, gotta bear it, as it’ll be a waste as sometimes good for a heroes appear

The fact that they brought the cow fetish to FEH is more unfortunate then how she's another free female OC.  Fetish artists are going to have a field day with her.

On a brighter note, I'm happy Priam is finally in.  He was the only character left from Awakening that I really wanted.  Basillio and Flavia are nice additions as well.