Book VI Feh Channel scheduled for Dec 6th, 12am UTC [UPDATE: Here it is!]

DefyingFates

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Gotta see if the forms souls are refreshed. If so, gotta bear it, as it’ll be a waste as sometimes good for a heroes appear

I'll have to try and not dread it too much. Like someone said earlier at least ranks aren't tied to it.

2 minutes ago, FailWood said:

The fact that they brought the cow fetish to FEH is more unfortunate then how she's another free female OC.  Fetish artists are going to have a field day with her.

On a brighter note, I'm happy Priam is finally in.  He was the only character left from Awakening that I really wanted.  Basillio and Flavia are nice additions as well.

The guy isn't safe either. This is going to be a wild 12 months.

I'm not too far into the Play-by-Play video, but man Veronica unequiped Duo Lif prf, just to have a nice fun game. Meanwhile Alfonse brought saves and all sorts of try hard stuff. I'm the Veronica in this situation, that's why I'm scared.

26 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I know, right? She goes through an emotional rollercoaster and finally cheats death and gets Laegjarn back from the dead, only to come back and find a random cow girl dangling from Kiran's coat tails. The poor thing.

...this is prime material for a crackfic or manga chapter. Don't let me down IS, please.

@Tybrosion re. the red tome spam: maybe IS finally understood that everyone hates it?

Maybe, but the final red tome count for the Book V era (Dec. 2020 to Nov. 2021) was 18 (5 of which were GHBs).

That said, the eighteenth one (Aelfric) was released in September so maybe they are starting to dial it back with the red tomes. Only time will tell, I suppose.

PRIAM'S IN THE GAME!! That's not at all how I pronounce his name, but I'm okay with that.

Anyways, this update had a lot of cool stuff. I'm glad Kozaki is doing Book VI as well. I was sure they were going to switch him out, but if they're going into Embla/Askr stuff, it makes sense. BUT STILL NO BRUNO. WHY INTSYS? WHY??? Here's to hoping he shows up as a Legendary down the line! ...please...

As for the new OCs, I like the designs! Elm reminds me of Hermes from Greek/Roman lore. Ashe is...interesting. On one hand, I LOVE her design. On the other hand, I'm not really into the ship-tease with the Summoner. On a third mutant hand, I'm really torn on the "turn into a giant cow" thing. I'm sure it's linked to Norse Lore in a way I've forgotten or never heard about, but all I could think of was "this is it. You either die a pretty solid anime, or you live long enough to include cow girls into your game." 

Letizia's design is sort of like a future goth version of Veronica, and I can see her, Veronica, and Thrasir being something akin to a Pegasus Knight Trio in their relationships. (Letizia is the mature older sister, Thrasir the wild, middle sister, and Veronica the shy youngest sister.) It's just sad that Letizia is almost certainly Obviously Evil, and will probably contrast Veronica's relationship with Loki. 

It looks like Embla may be our Big Bad of the book this time around. 

In terms of the banner itself, I WILL be pulling until I get Priam. Hopefully I can get everyone or almost everyone else along the way. Any other Orbs can go to the Hero/Mythic banner for Thorr. 

Ultimately, congrats to those who guessed what this book would be about! I'm happy to meet and learn about all of the new OCs over the year. I do wish for a few more male OCs, but I'm not surprised either. 

Other notes:

The lack of Sharena was hilariously tragic to me. She's been missing since Book 4 in terms of story importance, and I don't imagine that'll change here. I really hope that means that the TT+ story will actually revolve around HER, and she can get an Ascendant form. Because that would be nice. 

The theme song is okay. Sure, we'll never reach the height of Book 3's theme ever again, but I think alternating the genre every other chapter since then is pretty smart. Book 3 was metal, Book 4 was Whimsical Fantasy, Book 5 was techno, and now Book 6 is High Fantasy.

The game is now shipping Alfonse and Veronica HARD. I'm pretty ambivalent, but I guess they do make a pretty cute couple. Or will, in about five years. 

Holy shit, we're finally fucking getting to Veronica's character arc!

Holy shit, I can dance on fools in realtime!

Holy shit, a free Atk/Spd Ideal fodder Miriel!

Holy shit, we can sort by Duos, Resonants, and Dancers!

...Meh, that's not a lot of orbs for a book launch.

9/10 update. This will give me the side-project I so desperately need while waiting for these godawful FFXIV: Endwalker login queues.

Edited by Some Jerk

31 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Isn't the realm of Askr and Embla named Zenith?

It is called "World of Zenith" yes, but the realm in its entirety is Midgard.

Presumably, Midgard likely incorporates all the mortal worlds, possibly including those from the mainline games.

The App Store trailer is out.

Yep, Elm is a bat, a Red Beast to be exact. 

51 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Aww this is just cute. Chibi Alfonse and Veronica playing on their phones against each other and Reinhardt commentating. 

I cannot stand the sight of Reinhardt. 

Fire Emblem Heroes - Summoner Duels: Alfonse vs Veronica Play-by-Play - YouTube

Calm down Julius.

21 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

The guy isn't safe either.

Never liked feminine looking males.  Hate how that became popular in Japan.  Think they wanted to make up for Nott and Dagr (Muscular women are another design I don't like.  Too much muscle on anyone looks tacky, but especially so for women.  It's a benchmark that's easier for them to reach).

I actually missed the debut of this FEH Channel because I was hanging out with friends. Watching it now, I have absolutely no regrets missing it earlier.

I do wondered if Elm is going to be a Red Unit instead of the usual Green Unit from the other FEH Antagonists (except for Fafnir who had both Blue & Colorless) since we did seen Elm attack with Shadows and Bats looked like he was using Red Colored Weapon.

Also, it's nice to see Priam, Basilio, Flavia, Yen'fay, and Miriel are added in. I do wondered if Priam is going to meet his Ancestor Ike in the new Forging Bonds?

And it's good to see that they managed to make new update categories that show all the Heroes in which version from past updates that they appeared in along with Duo Heroes Category and in the Sort and Filter Updates.

Edit: I definitely knew Elm was going to be a Red Unit.

Edited by King Marth 64

I quite like Elm's aesthetic.

I don't have high hopes for this book's writing, but I'm sure it'll have some fun bits.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

... Elm is a guy? I thought that character was a girl.

I'm also listening with basically no sound because I have friends over.

Yeah, I assumed the same thing but Feh says he's a guy.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Ash (Colorless Beast Infantry)
Stats: 41/39/27/41/34/182
Skills: Horn of Opening, -, Bonfire, Atk/Def Unity, Lull Atk/Def 3, unknown Prf skill

Ash looks like she's built like a brick (and not just her stats), and I want a summer alt of her to confirm that (please?). Not Maki Oze levels of brick, but probably at least Sakura Hibiki with a bit of squish. Dagr and Nott can move aside for now. Can they transform into a laser cow? I think not.

Stat-wise, it looks like her weapon and exclusive skill combined give her +10 Atk (probably +6 on one condition and +4 on another), inflict -6 Atk on the opponent, the Slaying effect, and grant her a guaranteed follow-up (because there's no way in hell she'd be able to double the pegasus knight otherwise).

It would be a shame if she didn't have Distant Counter on her weapon since she has a pretty good stat spread for it, but she probably doesn't.

Her exclusive skill on the C slot makes me wonder what it'll do, as it looks like it probably isn't contributing to her combat performance (unless it's the source of the +4 Atk).

I wish she didn't come with Atk/Def Unity, though. Fjorm already has the skill.

As I mentioned previously, Flavia's C skill seems to be inheritable. That looks like the standard gold border for tier-3 skills. Her weapon and C skill look to be granting her +6 Atk/Spd and inflicting -4 to all stats on the opponent (also the Slaying effect). I'm willing to bet the +6 Atk/Spd is from her weapon and the -4 to all stats is from her C skill, but if that's the case, it looks like a pretty damned strong C skill. Maybe it's a 1-range Spectrum Rein for melee units?

Basilio looks like he either has a Tempest skill or the effect on his weapon.

Also, I'm going to be a bit annoyed if they give everyone on this banner other than Ash only 2 passive skills again like they did on the ninja banner. There are still a ton of skills that need more distribution, and unlike the ninja banner, this banner is going into the standard pool. We already have a fucking gajillion sources of Atk/Spd Push 4 (and Flavia isn't helping) and Swift Sparrow 3, but we still only have one source each for Atk/Spd Unity and Atk/Spd Ideal 4. (Meanwhile, Atk/Def Unity will have three sources once Ash is released.)

7 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I do wondered if Elm is going to be a Red Unit instead of the usual Green Unit from the other FEH Antagonists (except for Fafnir who had both Blue & Colorless) since we did seen Elm attack with Shadows and Bats looked like he was using Red Colored Weapon.

Already confirmed to be a flying red beast.

On the other hand, Letizia looks like she'll probably be green.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I quite like Elm's aesthetic.

I don't have high hopes for this book's writing, but I'm sure it'll have some fun bits.

Yeah, I assumed the same thing but Feh says he's a guy.

So they're making their male characters looks like girls now

I'm going to have negative expectations going into this story, because all I've seen was the opening movie and I hate Ash already. I mean it this time. No expectations whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Already confirmed to be a flying red beast.

On the other hand, Letizia looks like she'll probably be green.

I already did put the Edit Note in a while ago when I saw Medeus mentioned about Elm was a Red Unit. (Little bit complicated when I was typing it up and didn't see it while posting it)

Speaking of which, I do wondered what is Letizia's relationship with Veronica about that Feh mentioned it in the Feh Channel? I did heard she said Letizia acts like a Big Sister to Veronica, but does anyone think Letizia could possibly be Veronica's and Bruno's Cousin or maybe possibly their aunt?

Edited by King Marth 64

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Basilio looks like he either has a Tempest skill or the effect on his weapon.

Nah, that axe is just a Spirited Axe+ (it looks too similar to Spirited Spear+) so Basilio has Even Tempest in his kit.

29 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, that axe is just a Spirited Axe+ (it looks too similar to Spirited Spear+) so Basilio has Even Tempest in his kit.

Well, that definitely makes sense given his +9 Atk/Def in-combat bonuses.

That leaves +5 Atk/Def from his A skill. Distant Foil? Surely, it wouldn't be Atk/Def Unity (since Ash has it) or Atk/Def Ideal 3 (because it's shit on an enemy-phase unit that can't heal itself). I hope not Atk/Def Bond 3.

EDIT: It looks like Miriel is blue Erk.

Compared to Erk (both with max Dragonflowers), Miriel has -9/+1/+0/+5/+2.

Now we just need a green Erk.

Edited by Ice Dragon

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, that definitely makes sense given his +9 Atk/Def in-combat bonuses.

That leaves +5 Atk/Def from his A skill. Distant Foil? Surely, it wouldn't be Atk/Def Unity (since Ash has it) or Atk/Def Ideal 3 (because it's shit on an enemy-phase unit that can't heal itself). I hope not Atk/Def Bond 3.

They put the trailer up, and Basilio....is a demote. He's got Spirited Axe+, Moonbow, Atk/Def Bond 3 and Atk Tactic 3. Yup.

Okay, now I'm just being completely random, but can we talk about how strong Kiran has to be to catch someone falling like that?

Assuming Kiran is about 170 cm tall (typical East Asian male), Ash is falling at about 25 m/s (2.5 m over 3 frames at 30 fps) when she is caught by Kiran, when she is slowed to a halt over 0.2 seconds (6 frames) and about 50 cm. If we assume Ash is about 60 kg (slightly above average for an East Asian female), Kiran's arms are applying a total force of 37.5 kN, which is the equivalent of carrying 3800 kg (or 8400 lbs.) for the duration of those 0.2 seconds.

Conversely, Ash is experiencing 64 g's of deceleration during the catch, which is comparable to crashing a Formula One racecar.

Kiran is probably dead or is at least missing his arms. Ash is a laser cow and might survive.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They put the trailer up, and Basilio....is a demote. He's got Spirited Axe+, Moonbow, Atk/Def Bond 3 and Atk Tactic 3. Yup.

I mean, he was the most likely demote of the bunch. But Atk/Def Bond 3? Really? Really?

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Okay, now I'm just being completely random, but can we talk about how strong Kiran has to be to catch someone falling like that?

Assuming Kiran is about 170 cm tall (typical East Asian male), Ash is falling at about 25 m/s (2.5 m over 3 frames at 30 fps) when she is caught by Kiran, when she is slowed to a halt over 0.2 seconds (6 frames) and about 50 cm. If we assume Ash is about 60 kg (slightly above average for an East Asian female), Kiran's arms are applying a total force of 37.5 kN, which is the equivalent of carrying 3800 kg (or 8400 lbs.) for the duration of those 0.2 seconds.

Conversely, Ash is experiencing 64 g's of deceleration during the catch, which is comparable to crashing a Formula One racecar.

Kiran is probably dead or is at least missing his arms. Ash is a laser cow and might survive.

I mean, he was the most likely demote of the bunch. But Atk/Def Bond 3? Really? Really?

Heroes are made of air and/or Kiran is a god.

2 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Speaking of which, I do wondered what is Letizia's relationship with Veronica about that Feh mentioned it in the Feh Channel? I did heard she said Letizia acts like a Big Sister to Veronica, but does anyone think Letizia could possibly be Veronica's and Bruno's Cousin or maybe possibly their aunt?

My gut instinct was that either Letizia is actually Veronica's half-sister, and the daughter of a noblewoman who fell out of favor with the king. (Looking at what we know, she may even be the daughter of the Emblan King's first wife. Veronica is his child from his second, but what happened to the first wife?) Her whole relationship with Veronica will be one that contrasts Veronica's relationship with Loki: Letizia will act like she cares about Veronica, but only until she gets what she wants, and then she'll kill her. Meanwhile Loki seems willing to betray Veronica without a second thought but does seem to have some affection for the girl. Still, I sort of hope they have a "cool big sis" vibe that isn't as overbearing as Camilla or as hands-offas those like Emmeryn.  

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Heroes are made of air and/or Kiran is a god.

The intro video for Book 6 popped a slightly related idea into my head - what if Kiran is actually the Odin/Alfather/Alfador of Heroes who simply lost his memory (or maybe traded in his memories for firsthand knowledge of the things to come* or have been happening in his realms), and it'll be revealed at the end?

*Assuming Heroes pulls a "this is all the future, and this is what you traded your godhood to experience" sort of thing at the end. 

EDIT: I really like the poster for Book 6, and the music is growing on me! Granted, I always like the posters for the books Kozaki does...and just the posters for the work Kozaki does on Fire Emblem in general. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Aww this is just cute. Chibi Alfonse and Veronica playing on their phones against each other and Reinhardt commentating. 

I cannot stand the sight of Reinhardt. 

Fire Emblem Heroes - Summoner Duels: Alfonse vs Veronica Play-by-Play - YouTube

What in the hell is this, and why is it so damn cute.  I'll probably stick to AI battles, but still.

Wait wait wait, Priam's name is pronounced...how? What? PrYam? O...kay.

As suspected, we get a free female OC for Book 6. And she's immediately cringe. I'm beginning to genuinely believe that IS hates men. This is ridiculous and I already dislike Ash.

I actually played the new PvP mode and it's...eh? Not terrible, but certainly not great? Just kinda "eh." It's just gonna be a grind to get the rewards.

Profile Cards are a purely cosmetic thing but still kinda nice to display your play preferences and such. My one complaint is the whole "the three most favored units in the new PvP mode are displayed!" Why not just let people pick their three favorite units, and display those? It's a silly restriction.