Book VI Discussion Thread

DefyingFates

For a recap of Embla's political situation, the current ruler is the former emperor's second wife, while his first wife was Veronica's mother. Bruno is also a child of the previous emperor (his mother was imprisoned and died after being accused of leaking secrets to Askr), and Letizia appears to be a distant relative of theirs.

Veronica is popular enough among the citizens to be the de facto leader of Embla, which is why the nobles/presumably Letizia want her out of the way. I expect Letizia tattled to Elm that Veronica was getting buddy-buddy with Askr, which got him to cooperate with her scheme. She might also appeal to Embla directly at some point and may be possessed by her (willingly or not). Embla the dragon will likely be introduced in the midpoint trailer, if we don't meet her before then.

While it's too early to predict what characters will be added throughout the book, maybe Bruno will be the midpoint legendary (since this seems like a good time to bring him back), Elm will be the "secondary villain September Mythic" like Thrasir, Plumeria, and Ótr were, and the end-of-book Legendary/Mythic can be some combination of Veronica, Letizia, and Embla (assuming the latter two are separate). Askr is male, so we'll eventually get him as a seasonal.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

For a recap of Embla's political situation, the current ruler is the former emperor's second wife, while his first wife was Veronica's mother. Bruno is also a child of the previous emperor (his mother was imprisoned and died after being accused of leaking secrets to Askr), and Letizia appears to be a distant relative of theirs.

Perfect, thank you very much! The current queen is the one who wants peace while the emperor wanted to destroy Askr, right?

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Askr is male, so we'll eventually get him as a seasonal.

Ouch. I mean, you're not wrong, but still: ouch.

46 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Perfect, thank you very much! The current queen is the one who wants peace while the emperor wanted to destroy Askr, right?

That's right, Veronica's father wanted to destroy Askr due to the Embla curse, and Veronica's popularity among the people was due to her continuing his conquest. Basically:

Sharena: I don't understand that Veronica. Her father, the Emperor of Embla, was the one who hoarded Heroes and warred with Askr. When he died, Embla declared that his war was over. We had peace, until she started it all up again!

Alfonse: Her father was very popular among their people. He had ambitions to make Embla powerful and prosperous. His dream was their dream—so much so that when he died...some of his citizens took their lives. Such was the darkness behind Embla's imperial glory.

Anna: But hope reigned again when the crown went to his wife, the Empress, who had no dreams of conquest. Veronica is not her daughter, however, but rather that of his first wife—the previous Empress. And Veronica, one day, began going into other worlds of her own accord, just like her father. She wanted to invade Askr again too.

Alfonse: The people of Embla, even its top advisors, love her for it. They have given her their full support. They see Veronica as the true heir of Embla, carrying her father's blood and dreaming his dream.

Veronica becoming increasingly friendly with Askr might be another reason why the nobles want to get rid of her. But the Askr/Embla conflict was apparently started by the previous emperor, even though everything we've heard about Embla the dragon makes it sound like she's always been evil (she's the god of "erected barriers and the breaking of bonds," per Elm's description). I wonder why that is.

On another note, Ash, Elm, and Letizia have been added to the main FEH site with voice clips. Elm says that thanks to the Askrans and Askr, Embla "has retreated and remains in solitude." Maybe Askr defeated Embla and banished her somewhere at some point. Note that he refers to Askr as "Lord Askr" despite apparently disliking him. Letizia has a very not villainous sounding line: "My wrath knows no bounds. Not even the malice in Lady Embla's heart runs as deep!"

Anyway, I suspect we're returning to the Embla plotline now so Veronica is free to help us when we fight Asgard, which I think will be Book VII. This book will probably be Veronica's "redemption arc." While I believe we'll go to Vanaheimr eventually, I don't think it will get its own book if Jötunheimr didn't. Maybe Book VII's free unit will be a Vanir, since it would be strange for an Asgardian to join the party if we're fighting Asgard. If we see Fenrir and Jörmungandr eventually, hopefully they won't be made into girls.

Edited by Lightchao42

I wonder why the nobles think that the Emperor would support ousting Veronica. They're probably not close since Veronica considers Xander and Bruno her only loved ones and doesn't even mention her stepmom, but the primarily source of conflict would probably be the Emperor desiring peace and Veronica desiring war, which is a conflict that seemed to have already resolved itself. If anything the Emperor would like Veronica more now she's officially Alfonse's friend. 

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Letizia has a very not villainous sounding line: "My wrath knows no bounds. Not even the malice in Lady Embla's heart runs as deep!"

Yup she evil. 

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

That's right, Veronica's father wanted to destroy Askr due to the Embla curse, and Veronica's popularity among the people was due to her continuing his conquest. Basically:

Veronica becoming increasingly friendly with Askr might be another reason why the nobles want to get rid of her. But the Askr/Embla conflict was apparently started by the previous emperor, even though everything we've heard about Embla the dragon makes it sound like she's always been evil (she's the god of "erected barriers and the breaking of bonds," per Elm's description). I wonder why that is.

On another note, Ash, Elm, and Letizia have been added to the main FEH site with voice clips. Elm says that thanks to the Askrans and Askr, Embla "has retreated and remains in solitude." Maybe Askr defeated Embla and banished her somewhere at some point. Note that he refers to Askr as "Lord Askr" despite apparently disliking him. Letizia has a very not villainous sounding line: "My wrath knows no bounds. Not even the malice in Lady Embla's heart runs as deep!"

Anyway, I suspect we're returning to the Embla plotline now so Veronica is free to help us when we fight Asgard, which I think will be Book VII. This book will probably be Veronica's "redemption arc." While I believe we'll go to Vanaheimr eventually, I don't think it will get its own book if Jötunheimr didn't. Maybe Book VII's free unit will be a Vanir, since it would be strange for an Asgardian to join the party if we're fighting Asgard. If we see Fenrir and Jörmungandr eventually, hopefully they won't be made into girls.

Plus all the other stuff you said...yup. I was just going through Book 1 and was going to post clarifications, but you did this perfectly, so no need from myself. Basically, I agree with most everything. The only thing that's different, I think, is that I'm past the point of caring much about who IS turns into women and who they don't.

Oh, and one other thing: Elm was sent by Embla. Embla even told Elm about Ash. So, I think Letizia appealed to Embla herself, got her support, and Embla sent Ash to help her out. Because Embla disapproves of Veronica and Bruno's friends and doesn't want them talking to her children ever again (because, if she had her way, the Askrans would be dead, so...no talking.)

Hmm I guess there is another thing, too. It's said in book 1 that Embla and Askr (the countries) used to get along, but then that all stopped, with Embla refusing to close gates. (This is very possibly describing Veronica/Bruno's dad since they also talk about how Embla began conquering the other worlds.) Embla hates Askr very much -- so much so that she wants every trace of him gone. Askr very well may have done something to upset Embla, but if anyone sequestered her away, it would be herself. No one can do it better than the goddess of barriers, right? This is supported by that line you quoted: that Embla has retreated and remains in solitude. Looks self-imposed (but directly resulting from Askr's actions) to me. Could be a big misunderstanding, or it could be that Embla started getting a little too controlling of others or something and Askr (loving freedom) was all "heck no." and put a stop to it. Apparently, he lost power during that fight (maybe he was injured) as alluded to by Elm's words to Ash when they first encounter each other. (He says "Has Askr lost so much power" or "Has Askr grown so weak" or something to that effect while insulting Ash.)

As for Elm referring to Askr as "Lord Askr," that makes perfect sense to me, based on what I've observed of his behavior thus far. That is, he's detached emotionally from stuff, putting up a front, and basically just jumping through what hoops he's expected to. So, referring to whomever using their appropriate titles makes sense: he isn't emotionally involved enough to have any contempt of his own and is really just putting on a show and doing his job. At worst, he finds people distasteful. At best, they have his duty-driven fidelity. That's all. Personally, I love how thematic that is, seeing as he serves the goddess of broken bonds and barriers.

Also, we are for sure going to see Bruno in this book. The Book VI Begins quests have the player go through various Book 1 chapters, and they basically recap all the Askr-Embla stuff in the chapters/parts found in those quests. A good chunk of them have to do with Bruno, so I believe IS is not only reeducating the players on the Askr-Embla situation/relations, but also about Bruno's personal story arc. (For example, Lightchao's quote earlier was from Book 1, Chapter 9, Part 5.

12 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Sharena: I don't understand that Veronica. Her father, the Emperor of Embla, was the one who hoarded Heroes and warred with Askr. When he died, Embla declared that his war was over. We had peace, until she started it all up again!

Alfonse: Her father was very popular among their people. He had ambitions to make Embla powerful and prosperous. His dream was their dream—so much so that when he died...some of his citizens took their lives. Such was the darkness behind Embla's imperial glory.

Anna: But hope reigned again when the crown went to his wife, the Empress, who had no dreams of conquest. Veronica is not her daughter, however, but rather that of his first wife—the previous Empress. And Veronica, one day, began going into other worlds of her own accord, just like her father. She wanted to invade Askr again too.

Alfonse: The people of Embla, even its top advisors, love her for it. They have given her their full support. They see Veronica as the true heir of Embla, carrying her father's blood and dreaming his dream.

Perfect, thank you so much!

26 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

The Book VI Begins quests have the player go through various Book 1 chapters, and they basically recap all the Askr-Embla stuff in the chapters/parts found in those quests. A good chunk of them have to do with Bruno, so I believe IS is not only reeducating the players on the Askr-Embla situation/relations, but also about Bruno's personal story arc.

This was a really nice touch too, on top of the difficulties lining up very well for getting Ash to Lv 40 through just them alone if you do them in order.

14 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

While it's too early to predict what characters will be added throughout the book, maybe Bruno will be the midpoint legendary (since this seems like a good time to bring him back), Elm will be the "secondary villain September Mythic" like Thrasir, Plumeria, and Ótr were, and the end-of-book Legendary/Mythic can be some combination of Veronica, Letizia, and Embla (assuming the latter two are separate). Askr is male, so we'll eventually get him as a seasonal.

So Veronica's mother was the first wife? Since Bruno is older than her, it means that the emperor never married Bruno's mother then? 

As Reggin likes to say: "Just like Fafnir!"

14 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Congratulations you just won this topic. 

Hahaha Thank you. I must share my victory with you though.

14 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

If we see Fenrir and Jörmungandr eventually, hopefully they won't be made into girls.

Oh, they will. Don't you have any doubt that at least one of them will be a girl. I think that we will see them someday if we have a TT+ about Book III since its said that Agrboda (Hel's mother) had two more children, and that the three of them were the triad cataclysm (well, even if its not in a TT+, the triad cataclysm was invented for a reason, so they should make an appearence some day). Fenrir and Jormungandr should be the other two children, and since Hel isn't hot.... IS will probably try to compensate by making both of her siblings be hot waifus (probably hot Laguz waifus). If only one of them happen to be a women though I would guess Jormungandr, I don't think that IS will lose the opportunity to bring serpent fetish to FEH.

Also, I like that Elm refers to Askr as "Lord Askr", it seems like something he took the iniciative to do, because I don't think that Embla calls him like that. As Mercakete said, it makes sense for him to do it acordong to his personality and all. But at the same time, he is so purposefully disrespectful and rude that I was a little surprised to see it. Maybe he is the kind that is disrespectul but at the same time knows his "place" so he wouldnt disrespect someone that is "above him" (like Askr) even if he dislikes him, but disrespecting humans (that he considers to be below him) or Ash (that is on equal ground to him I guess, but he also considers to be below) is fair game.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I can't wait to see Bruno!!!! I want to see him without that mask, at least once... (it probably won't be now tough, but its fine...I can wait)

7 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

So Veronica's mother was the first wife? Since Bruno is older than her, it means that the emperor never married Bruno's mother then?

First or the one prior to the latest one, yeah. I can't quite remember the exact wording. But goodness, that guy sure went through romances quickly. Again, makes sense when you have the blood of the dragon who's all about broken bonds (which he did, since it was the blood curse that drove him to invade other worlds.) Bruno is certainly one of his heirs, too, rather than married in, since he clearly also inherited the curse.

Oh, they will. Don't you have any doubt that at least one of them will be a girl. I think that we will see them someday if we have a TT+ about Book III since its said that Agrboda (Hel's mother) had two more children, and that the three of them were the triad cataclysm (well, even if its not in a TT+, the triad cataclysm was invented for a reason, so they should make an appearence some day). Fenrir and Jormungandr should be the other two children, and since Hel isn't hot.... IS will probably try to compensate by making both of her siblings be hot waifus (probably hot Laguz waifus). If only one of them happen to be a women though I would guess Jormungandr, I don't think that IS will lose the opportunity to bring serpent fetish to FEH.

Honestly, male or female, "snake people" has such great character design potential. They may cop out and just go "it's another dragon" though.

Also, I like that Elm refers to Askr as "Lord Askr", it seems like something he took the iniciative to do, because I don't think that Embla calls him like that. As Mercakete said, it makes sense for him to do it acordong to his personality and all. But at the same time, he is so purposefully disrespectful and rude that I was a little surprised to see it. Maybe he is the kind that is disrespectul but at the same time knows his "place" so he wouldnt disrespect someone that is "above him" (like Askr) even if he dislikes him, but disrespecting humans (that he considers to be below him) or Ash (that is on equal ground to him I guess, but he also considers to be below) is fair game.

Thanks for the shoutout! ^_^

Actually, though, Elm doesn't seem to care about disrespecting/insulting Askr, depending on the circumstances. I think it all depends on who he's talking to and the situation he's in. He tries to get under people's skin -- probably as a sort of self-indulgence, rather than out of an actual, personal hatred or whatever. For example, he made fun of Askr to Ash, likely because he figured it would offend her. He may have been doing that as a sort of test to see what sort of person she is and how she would respond to her master being insulted. So, probing. I wouldn't put it past him to make it seem like he's spiteful when he's actually just studying his foes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I can't wait to see Bruno!!!! I want to see him without that mask, at least once... (it probably won't be now tough, but its fine...I can wait)

I am absolutely in the same boat. At least the mask looks good on him, so I haven't minded much for all these years, but I really do look forward to him finally taking it off. (Or it being taken off of him, or it being broken off or whatever.) I really hope we don't have a situation like we did with "Fafnir has a different name as his real one but you don't get to know what it is." In this case, if you see the mask is off, but don't get to see Bruno's face. That would be lame. Thankfully, I don't think they're going to do that. The mask represents necessary distance between Bruno and Alfonse, so once either 1) Bruno totally succumbs to the blood curse, or 2) the curse is broken, the mask is likely coming off. It's just too personal a thing for Alfonse (the main character who is not the player) for it not to happen.

10 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

First or the one prior to the latest one, yeah. I can't quite remember the exact wording. But goodness, that guy sure went through romances quickly. Again, makes sense when you have the blood of the dragon who's all about broken bonds (which he did, since it was the blood curse that drove him to invade other worlds.) Bruno is certainly one of his heirs, too, rather than married in, since he clearly also inherited the curse.

Honestly, male or female, "snake people" has such great character design potential. They may cop out and just go "it's another dragon" though.

Thanks for the shoutout! ^_^

Actually, though, Elm doesn't seem to care about disrespecting/insulting Askr, depending on the circumstances. I think it all depends on who he's talking to and the situation he's in. He tries to get under people's skin -- probably as a sort of self-indulgence, rather than out of an actual, personal hatred or whatever. For example, he made fun of Askr to Ash, likely because he figured it would offend her. He may have been doing that as a sort of test to see what sort of person she is and how she would respond to her master being insulted. So, probing. I wouldn't put it past him to make it seem like he's spiteful when he's actually just studying his foes.

I am absolutely in the same boat. At least the mask looks good on him, so I haven't minded much for all these years, but I really do look forward to him finally taking it off. (Or it being taken off of him, or it being broken off or whatever.) I really hope we don't have a situation like we did with "Fafnir has a different name as his real one but you don't get to know what it is." In this case, if you see the mask is off, but don't get to see Bruno's face. That would be lame. Thankfully, I don't think they're going to do that. The mask represents necessary distance between Bruno and Alfonse, so once either 1) Bruno totally succumbs to the blood curse, or 2) the curse is broken, the mask is likely coming off. It's just too personal a thing for Alfonse (the main character who is not the player) for it not to happen.

I also think that snake people have great design potential, but it can also be easily transformed in a weird fetish, like most human/animal hybrids can. Like, FE9 and FE10 Laguz don't look fetishized at all (idk if "fetishized" is an actual word but you know what i mean), they even managed to do Wolf  laguz without making it look 1% creepy. But now look at FE Awakening Panne and Yarne (like, are they using some kind of furry thong/loincloth or thats their actual fur, like massive pubes, and they're naked on the lower part? It always weirded me out, a LOT, even if the design of their faces is still cool). So while it could be a good idea, at the same time it kinda worries me. Also I don't think they would be "Just another dragon", Hel isn't a dragon so why would her siblings be? Probably would be a Wolf Laguz (Fenrir) and a Serpent Laguz (Jormungandr), if they even exist.

Right, good call about Elm here too, he really didn't care about disrespecting him in front of Ash (I don't think that he would do it at Askr face though).

Yeah, Bruno will likely take his mask of when he goes to our side(when he finally breaks the curse), when he sucumbs to the curse (so we will see his eViL rEd eYeS) OR, of course, when he dies. I'm really sad because something really makes me thing that Bruno will eventually die, maybe not now in this book, but eventually I think this will happen.

who do you reckon character number 6 will be? each book since book 3 has introduced 6 character; so far we have three, plus the inevitable Askr and Embla makes 5, so we'll likely get one more character, probably on our side, since again, it's always been 3 good, 3 bad. I'd like it to be a commoner for a change, say an Emblian commoner who is sick of everything going on, since, unless you count the fairies, you can count the number of OC commoners in the game on one hand, it's one reason why Helbindi still stands out.

I'm still Tepes about Ash but I liked Elm right off the bat. He seems the batter oc. I like how expressive he is. Its easy to see the boy is totally batty. It shows vlad just because IS made one mooring oc they're not quite winging it. His design seems pretty fangtastic. Being both batty and bat to the bone. And he doesn't really resembla any other of the FEH villains. I hope we can see Elm and Embla  hang out sometimes in the story. It could be interesting to see Elm to someone without that haughty battidude 

15 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I also think that snake people have great design potential, but it can also be easily transformed in a weird fetish, like most human/animal hybrids can. Like, FE9 and FE10 Laguz don't look fetishized at all (idk if "fetishized" is an actual word but you know what i mean), they even managed to do Wolf  laguz without making it look 1% creepy. But now look at FE Awakening Panne and Yarne (like, are they using some kind of furry thong/loincloth or thats their actual fur, like massive pubes, and they're naked on the lower part? It always weirded me out, a LOT, even if the design of their faces is still cool). So while it could be a good idea, at the same time it kinda worries me. Also I don't think they would be "Just another dragon", Hel isn't a dragon so why would her siblings be? Probably would be a Wolf Laguz (Fenrir) and a Serpent Laguz (Jormungandr), if they even exist.

Not saying your concerns aren't founded; just giving my own take here. I guess it helps that I like snakes. They can be so cute, especially the constrictors since they have round eyes and cute little smiley mouths. X3 (Vipers have the slit pupils, constrictor types have round ones, and none of them have eyelids. That said, I hope that the snake people's designs include eyelids.)

As for why they may make the snake just another dragon, it's because the word "serpent" can mean either snake or dragon, so there's some room for interpretation/creative license in that direction on IS' part.

Right, good call about Elm here too, he really didn't care about disrespecting him in front of Ash (I don't think that he would do it at Askr face though).

I think you're right. He seems like a cautious, self-interested sort of guy, and it's probably better not to annoy your master's sworn enemy to his face when he can crush you. Not that he wouldn't oppose Askr if he was faced with him, since Elm probably fears/feels fidelity toward Embla more than he fears Askr.

Yeah, Bruno will likely take his mask of when he goes to our side(when he finally breaks the curse), when he sucumbs to the curse (so we will see his eViL rEd eYeS) OR, of course, when he dies. I'm really sad because something really makes me thing that Bruno will eventually die, maybe not now in this book, but eventually I think this will happen.

That's called mortality, friend.

10 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm still Tepes about Ash but I liked Elm right off the bat. He seems the batter oc. I like how expressive he is. Its easy to see the boy is totally batty. It shows vlad just because IS made one mooring oc they're not quite winging it. His design seems pretty fangtastic. Being both batty and bat to the bone. And he doesn't really resembla any other of the FEH villains. I hope we can see Elm and Embla  hang out sometimes in the story. It could be interesting to see Elm to someone without that haughty battidude 

It continues...and for the most part, I am okay with this. Really, not too shabby, though it gets a little cheapened by some of the more common/forced/repeated puns. 6/10, mainly because the flow is good and a point was still well-expressed through the pun stream. Plus, it fits within a certain class of pun stream, which makes the lower-quality puns more forgivable.

Also, I want to offer my own joke: You know what Kiran would be doing if he was served by Ash as a waitress? Cow tipping.

As to the actual content, yeah, I really liked Ash right off the bat, too. His design was interesting to start with, but I've just liked it more and more as I've hung around. (I swear I am not actually trying to pun.) The animators did a neat job with his expression, too. I wonder if we'll ever see him crack (like, his true feelings burst out sometime), since he's so cautious and composed right now in the actual chapters.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

As it turns out bat puns are harder than cow ones. 

It's more about the format. Quality puns have certain components, such as not trying to force a word unnaturally into another word it doesn't seamlessly slip into. (Otherwise, it is "forced," as some force is necessary to try to fit the word into the other word.) This can also be applied to other forms of wordplay/styles of jokes. You want the sentence to flow naturally. Another component, of course, is originality. Is this a joke that often gets circulated? The more original, the higher the quality. Having a well-developed vocabulary is especially helpful here, since it gives you more options to use in your wordplay. Finally, the last category I'd like to point out (though there are more, many aspects of humor don't really apply over text, such as intonation, delivery, and quickness) is repetition. The more times a joke is repeated (especially in a short span of time) the more its quality drops. Your best bet is to use a pun once in a flow like what you put together, lining it up for the most impactful delivery.

All of that is just explanation, mind you. It's not like your pun stream was bad, it just had certain things that decreased its quality, making it more moderate instead of outstanding. I was never putting it down; just being honest with my praise. I still enjoyed it, of course. Not sure why my bit of critique is the only thing you commented on/highlighted there, unless you misunderstood my intent.

Contrary to popular belief, puns are a highbrow form of humor. It has a wide range of potential quality which, to put simply, depends the most on the vocabulary and knowledge of word use of the one constructing the puns. This is why I actually love them. ^_^ Quality puns, especially when delivered quickly and accurately, both humor and make one think at the same time, since it's a form of wordplay. Vastly enjoyable, to me at least.

15 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

As it turns out bat puns are harder than cow ones. 

13 hours ago, Mercakete said:

It's more about the format. Quality puns have certain components, such as not trying to force a word unnaturally into another word it doesn't seamlessly slip into. (Otherwise, it is "forced," as some force is necessary to try to fit the word into the other word.) This can also be applied to other forms of wordplay/styles of jokes. You want the sentence to flow naturally. Another component, of course, is originality. Is this a joke that often gets circulated? The more original, the higher the quality. Having a well-developed vocabulary is especially helpful here, since it gives you more options to use in your wordplay. Finally, the last category I'd like to point out (though there are more, many aspects of humor don't really apply over text, such as intonation, delivery, and quickness) is repetition. The more times a joke is repeated (especially in a short span of time) the more its quality drops. Your best bet is to use a pun once in a flow like what you put together, lining it up for the most impactful delivery.

All of that is just explanation, mind you. It's not like your pun stream was bad, it just had certain things that decreased its quality, making it more moderate instead of outstanding. I was never putting it down; just being honest with my praise. I still enjoyed it, of course. Not sure why my bit of critique is the only thing you commented on/highlighted there, unless you misunderstood my intent.

Contrary to popular belief, puns are a highbrow form of humor. It has a wide range of potential quality which, to put simply, depends the most on the vocabulary and knowledge of word use of the one constructing the puns. This is why I actually love them. ^_^ Quality puns, especially when delivered quickly and accurately, both humor and make one think at the same time, since it's a form of wordplay. Vastly enjoyable, to me at least.

As much as I like quality puns, I can't avoid doing AWFUL low quality puns too because if they're awful enough they can be even funnier than high quality puns. But maybe its better to make my friends and family deal with my absolutely grotesque puns instead of annoying other people in a forum with them. I get why most people don't like porposefully bad puns, but its sad that the value of puns and this kind of word game (in general, like even the good ones) is not seen by most.

But good advice on puns anyway, Mercakete, I think that I'll mostly try to make my puns have some quality in this thread (yes, only in this thread, in real life my loved ones will have to keep suffering with abhorrent paronomasias) to avoid being annoying/making it get old fast. I'll keep doing them here for now though, not all the time, but it seems like a good opportunity to improve my english vocabulary and skills, bonus points if I can make it by making other people laugh. You guys can let me know if I start to overdo it though (but don't worry, I'll try to not)

9 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

As much as I like quality puns, I can't avoid doing AWFUL low quality puns too because if they're awful enough they can be even funnier than high quality puns. But maybe its better to make my friends and family deal with my absolutely grotesque puns instead of annoying other people in a forum with them. I get why most people don't like porposefully bad puns, but its sad that the value of puns and this kind of word game (in general, like even the good ones) is not seen by most.

But good advice on puns anyway, Mercakete, I think that I'll mostly try to make my puns have some quality in this thread (yes, only in this thread, in real life my loved ones will have to keep suffering with abhorrent paronomasias) to avoid being annoying/making it get old fast. I'll keep doing them here for now though, not all the time, but it seems like a good opportunity to improve my english vocabulary and skills, bonus points if I can make it by making other people laugh. You guys can let me know if I start to overdo it though (but don't worry, I'll try to not)

It's neat that you see this as an accepted challenge! Really, I was only trying to explain myself with that post, short version "I enjoyed your puns but because I am a very honest and exact person, here is my exact, full opinion and why." Told you guys I talk like Ash: annoying. 😛 I never intend to be, it's just that language is so vast yet so restrictive at the same time. Sometimes, it's hard to say exactly what you're feeling/thinking without spending a couple paragraphs on it, which inevitably irritates others since they didn't want to put that much effort into it and/or causes problems because it's so much information to sort through that the odds of misconception rise (ironically, since you only went into that level of detail in the first place in order to give a very clear and exact image of what you're trying to say/what you feel.)

So, yeah, dealing with Ash has left me with sort of a strange existential crisis, realizing that I'm really annoying to talk to (something I already knew) but also being surprised and confused by people finding Ash's exactness and bumbling attempts at honesty/clarity endearing instead of annoying. I'm all, kind of consoled, but also kind of all "No, we're annoying, darnit! Don't confuse me with your sincere kindness!" XD 🙃

Hey, so I alluded to it before, but I have a theory here, as well as a direction IS could take the story if they wanted to. As you guys know, I'm detecting relational barriers in Elm. There are people out there who reject people before people can reject them, sometimes in the form of socially withdrawing, and sometimes in the form of lashing out so that a bond isn't formed in the first place. I believe Elm is the second of these types, especially since it's even in his description that he says things in order to barb other people. I've gone into it a bit more in previous comments, so I'll leave that there.

Now, here's the interesting thing that IS could choose to pursue: Alfonse has a similar problem. Yep, Alfonse: the one inheriting rulership of the kingdom of Askr, probably going to get the blessing of Askr (god of bonds), and among the main foils to Embla (goddess of broken bonds) as well as one of her mortal enemies. Yet, he's more in line with Embla's "broken bonds" thing than he is with Askr's "bonds" thing. It may seem like he's not, but Alfonse actually was resistant to forming bonds with others after Zacharias (Bruno) suddenly left. Through all of Book 1, Alfonse was struggling to learn to open his heart to others again. (So, he's the sort who withdraws.) He did recover enough to form a bond with Kiran, but what if something happened to Kiran (or, at least, what if Alfonse was led to believe something happened to Kiran)? Would Alfonse close his heart again? Is Kiran just a band-aid, and not really the solution Alfonse thought he was? Alfonse is going to need to learn to truly overcome this issue of his, or, I suspect, he won't be able to directly oppose Embla, and not just because "friendship conquers all," but because this is seriously a war between the god of bonds and the goddess of broken bonds, and because Alfonse is Askran royalty, he needs to be able to resist Embla (else they'll kill him.)

I could easily see a "I thought I was over this" sort of thing happening with Alfonse, forcing him to confront this fear of broken bonds he has, especially since it looks like Elm has the same fear (and just copes with it differently.) OR if IS wants a cheap way out, Alfonse could be all "I used to be afraid of being hurt by partings, too, but then I met the summoner and learned that I can make friends again." I REALLY hope IS doesn't take this route (unless it leads to Alfonse realizing that he's still afraid of loss), primarily because it isn't true.

This leads me to another theory I have tied in here: just like Book 1 has not only been refenced by Book 6, but even encouraged to replay it some for a story refresher, we may see this book reference Book 3 as well. Where do I get this? For one, Lif and Thrasir. These are the names of the founding rulers of Askr and Embla (the countries): the names an Alfonse and Veronica from another world took on when their world was destroyed by Hel. Now, since they're not actually alive, it could be that the blood curse won't affect Veronica-Thrasir (as opposed to the actual, original Thrasir, to explain why I use both of her names here) but I'm sure that even hearing her name would cause a reaction from Embla. They must have had a bond of some sort at one point for Embla to give Thrasir her blessing and found the Emblian Empire. In fact, it could be that Embla sequestered herself away because she couldn't stand to be hurt by those she cared about always winding up dead (since, y'know, mortals) and over time came to despise Askr, who promoted bonds in spite of the pain that the inevitable parting would bring. It could even be that Embla sees Askr as the truly cruel god, promoting such a wonderful and fleeting thing as bonds. After all, the sadness which follows a broken bond stays much longer than the bond itself does, especially when one is immortal. So, if the Askrans would just stop opening gates, and causing so many meetings, which lead to bonds... If Askr could be stopped, then everyone could be safe, never having to suffer heartbreak from a broken bond again, because bonds would not be formed in the first place. Open gates mean chances for meeting, and even if the Emblians close them, the Askrans could just open more. They would need to be stopped somehow if everyone's hearts were going to be sealed off forever, because then no one could open the gates anymore. Indeed, for a world without pain, Askr and those with his blood would need to die.

Anyway, sorry about the tangent -- back on track now. How does this relate to Book 3? Well, for one, Lif and Thrasir have the names of...Lif and Thrasir. That was already covered and is pretty obvious. They also have(had?) Askran/Emblian blood. So, that automatically makes this whole Askr vs Embla thing relate to them, even if they're not from this Askr/Embla. We know they're around, too, since they've shown up in Forging Bonds conversations, even if they seem to be less part of the Order of Heroes, and more just hanging around nearby. Another point is what I mentioned earlier: Alfonse was not cured by Kiran. This is proven by Lif himself. Lif had a Kiran, too, but when his Kiran died, he went back into his relational withdrawal. Where was this shown? Even within a castle quote of Lif's. "Get close to someone, and the pain of parting will be much more acute. You and Alfonse must remember this." This was exactly Alfonse's way of thinking when he didn't want to get close to Kiran or any of the heroes back in Book 1: fear of the end of a bond. This fear was temporarily assuaged when Alfonse got used to having Kiran around, and finding out about what happened to Zacharias must have helped, too, but Alfonse never truly confronted this fear before. He always just tried to avoid it.

Finally, there's one other thing I'm curious about, and why Book 3 may come into play: Eir. She has the same gold-and-black design that the Emblians sport, and her hair color sure is like that of the royal Emblians. We know her real mother was a life goddess...but what if that mother was actually Embla herself? What if losing her daughter was the sorrow which pushed Embla over the edge? This may very well not at all be the case, but Eir's design sure does remind me of the royal Emblians. Anyway, that would be another potential tie-in for Book 3 and Book 6 if it winds up being legitimate.

Regardless, it could swing either way, as for involving the Book 3 stuff in Book 6. There's plenty reason for it, but almost all of it could also be ignored, especially if Embla doesn't actually have white wings. (She could, though. White bat wings, maybe?) Then again, it's not even 100% certain that "winged in white" meant that Eir and her mother actually had white wings. Could be metaphoric. Hence, all this is highly theoretical.

Anyway, the main thing I see here is an interesting connection between Alfonse and Embla's side of things. He's going to quite possibly have some self-confrontation to do.

Well, kind of. There's Alfonse, yeah, but I'm also hopeful about what IS does with Elm. I want to see his true feelings, especially his struggles. He could very well be simultaneously jealous of people who have strong bonds with others, and terrified of having bonds of any sort, himself. After all, so long as he doesn't get attached, he doesn't have to fear partings. Such a life is painfully lonely, though... It must look like a choice between torments to him. And besides not having to fear partings if bonds can't be made in the first place, he also wouldn't have anyone to be envious of if everyone was isolated by Embla's power. That probably looks like a huge relief to him. Even if a part of him wishes he could have friends to laugh with and rely upon (which I'm sure there is), he's probably choosing to ignore that wish to the best of his ability. After all, he fears the moment when a bond ends more than anything else, if my theory is correct. I'd like to see that struggle. I want to see that side of him that's so conflicted, and has such intense feelings: yearning for friends, dreading the moment when they're gone, and so envious of those who do have bonds that it drives him to madness. Let's lift this veil and see his true heart: a heart which so many can relate to, ironically together in their self-isolation.

29 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Hey, so I alluded to it before, but I have a theory here, as well as a direction IS could take the story if they wanted to. As you guys know, I'm detecting relational barriers in Elm. There are people out there who reject people before people can reject them, sometimes in the form of socially withdrawing, and sometimes in the form of lashing out so that a bond isn't formed in the first place. I believe Elm is the second of these types, especially since it's even in his description that he says things in order to barb other people. I've gone into it a bit more in previous comments, so I'll leave that there.

Now, here's the interesting thing that IS could choose to pursue: Alfonse has a similar problem. Yep, Alfonse: the one inheriting rulership of the kingdom of Askr, probably going to get the blessing of Askr (god of bonds), and among the main foils to Embla (goddess of broken bonds) as well as one of her mortal enemies. Yet, he's more in line with Embla's "broken bonds" thing than he is with Askr's "bonds" thing. It may seem like he's not, but Alfonse actually was resistant to forming bonds with others after Zacharias (Bruno) suddenly left. Through all of Book 1, Alfonse was struggling to learn to open his heart to others again. (So, he's the sort who withdraws.) He did recover enough to form a bond with Kiran, but what if something happened to Kiran (or, at least, what if Alfonse was led to believe something happened to Kiran)? Would Alfonse close his heart again? Is Kiran just a band-aid, and not really the solution Alfonse thought he was? Alfonse is going to need to learn to truly overcome this issue of his, or, I suspect, he won't be able to directly oppose Embla, and not just because "friendship conquers all," but because this is seriously a war between the god of bonds and the goddess of broken bonds, and because Alfonse is Askran royalty, he needs to be able to resist Embla (else they'll kill him.)

I could easily see a "I thought I was over this" sort of thing happening with Alfonse, forcing him to confront this fear of broken bonds he has, especially since it looks like Elm has the same fear (and just copes with it differently.) OR if IS wants a cheap way out, Alfonse could be all "I used to be afraid of being hurt by partings, too, but then I met the summoner and learned that I can make friends again." I REALLY hope IS doesn't take this route (unless it leads to Alfonse realizing that he's still afraid of loss), primarily because it isn't true.

This leads me to another theory I have tied in here: just like Book 1 has not only been refenced by Book 6, but even encouraged to replay it some for a story refresher, we may see this book reference Book 3 as well. Where do I get this? For one, Lif and Thrasir. These are the names of the founding rulers of Askr and Embla (the countries): the names an Alfonse and Veronica from another world took on when their world was destroyed by Hel. Now, since they're not actually alive, it could be that the blood curse won't affect Veronica-Thrasir (as opposed to the actual, original Thrasir, to explain why I use both of her names here) but I'm sure that even hearing her name would cause a reaction from Embla. They must have had a bond of some sort at one point for Embla to give Thrasir her blessing and found the Emblian Empire. In fact, it could be that Embla sequestered herself away because she couldn't stand to be hurt by those she cared about always winding up dead (since, y'know, mortals) and over time came to despise Askr, who promoted bonds in spite of the pain that the inevitable parting would bring. It could even be that Embla sees Askr as the truly cruel god, promoting such a wonderful and fleeting thing as bonds. After all, the sadness which follows a broken bond stays much longer than the bond itself does, especially when one is immortal. So, if the Askrans would just stop opening gates, and causing so many meetings, which lead to bonds... If Askr could be stopped, then everyone could be safe, never having to suffer heartbreak from a broken bond again, because bonds would not be formed in the first place. Open gates mean chances for meeting, and even if the Emblians close them, the Askrans could just open more. They would need to be stopped somehow if everyone's hearts were going to be sealed off forever, because then no one could open the gates anymore. Indeed, for a world without pain, Askr and those with his blood would need to die.

Anyway, sorry about the tangent -- back on track now. How does this relate to Book 3? Well, for one, Lif and Thrasir have the names of...Lif and Thrasir. That was already covered and is pretty obvious. They also have(had?) Askran/Emblian blood. So, that automatically makes this whole Askr vs Embla thing relate to them, even if they're not from this Askr/Embla. We know they're around, too, since they've shown up in Forging Bonds conversations, even if they seem to be less part of the Order of Heroes, and more just hanging around nearby. Another point is what I mentioned earlier: Alfonse was not cured by Kiran. This is proven by Lif himself. Lif had a Kiran, too, but when his Kiran died, he went back into his relational withdrawal. Where was this shown? Even within a castle quote of Lif's. "Get close to someone, and the pain of parting will be much more acute. You and Alfonse must remember this." This was exactly Alfonse's way of thinking when he didn't want to get close to Kiran or any of the heroes back in Book 1: fear of the end of a bond. This fear was temporarily assuaged when Alfonse got used to having Kiran around, and finding out about what happened to Zacharias must have helped, too, but Alfonse never truly confronted this fear before. He always just tried to avoid it.

Finally, there's one other thing I'm curious about, and why Book 3 may come into play: Eir. She has the same gold-and-black design that the Emblians sport, and her hair color sure is like that of the royal Emblians. We know her real mother was a life goddess...but what if that mother was actually Embla herself? What if losing her daughter was the sorrow which pushed Embla over the edge? This may very well not at all be the case, but Eir's design sure does remind me of the royal Emblians. Anyway, that would be another potential tie-in for Book 3 and Book 6 if it winds up being legitimate.

Regardless, it could swing either way, as for involving the Book 3 stuff in Book 6. There's plenty reason for it, but almost all of it could also be ignored, especially if Embla doesn't actually have white wings. (She could, though. White bat wings, maybe?) Then again, it's not even 100% certain that "winged in white" meant that Eir and her mother actually had white wings. Could be metaphoric. Hence, all this is highly theoretical.

Anyway, the main thing I see here is an interesting connection between Alfonse and Embla's side of things. He's going to quite possibly have some self-confrontation to do.

Well, kind of. There's Alfonse, yeah, but I'm also hopeful about what IS does with Elm. I want to see his true feelings, especially his struggles. He could very well be simultaneously jealous of people who have strong bonds with others, and terrified of having bonds of any sort, himself. After all, so long as he doesn't get attached, he doesn't have to fear partings. Such a life is painfully lonely, though... It must look like a choice between torments to him. And besides not having to fear partings if bonds can't be made in the first place, he also wouldn't have anyone to be envious of if everyone was isolated by Embla's power. That probably looks like a huge relief to him. Even if a part of him wishes he could have friends to laugh with and rely upon (which I'm sure there is), he's probably choosing to ignore that wish to the best of his ability. After all, he fears the moment when a bond ends more than anything else, if my theory is correct. I'd like to see that struggle. I want to see that side of him that's so conflicted, and has such intense feelings: yearning for friends, dreading the moment when they're gone, and so envious of those who do have bonds that it drives him to madness. Let's lift this veil and see his true heart: a heart which so many can relate to, ironically together in their self-isolation.

Wow, nice theory. I would like to see it happen too. But I don't think that Kiran "is just a band-aid", Alfonse genuinely puts all of his trust and opens his heart to them, but yeah if something happened to the avatar, it would be already enough to make Alfonse be like that (closed to others) again, probably making him think "It happened the first time (with that random friend of Alfonse that left without saying anything, you know, that guy that was mentioned like once or twice in the story years ago then never again and probably almost no one remebers), then then second time (with Zacharias) when I wasn't ready too, but then I gave another chance to someone else (Kiran), and I was sure that nothing would happen this time (like, he was always reassuring that Kiran should let him know before leaving for good so it wouldnt end like that other friend of his, and trying to protect or save them so it wouldn't end like Zacharias too) but then it does for the third time, again! I would have to be a fool to let the same thing happen the fourth time." or something like this, basically its like what you said about Líf losing his Kiran and about Alfonse thinking "I thought I was over this" while he obviously isnt (like, he has only one close friend to rely on and only trust on one person, family aside, he doesnt have more close firends because he doesn't let them in, so if he lost that one person he has, he would be in the same cautious cynic and mourning state again, its like if Soren had lost Ike, he doesn't have any other close person to him so it would be devasting). So I think that its more of a "Alfonse only has one close friend and completely leans on them" than "Kiran is just a band aid" thing. Anyway in case this happens, Embla/Elm/other bad guy will probably convince Alfonse that Kiran chose to leave back to his home (or that they betrayed Alfonse and joined Embla, but that would give him a better motive to be pissed at Kiran instead of just sad) because if someone just said that Kiran disappeared he would try to save him like always instead of losing hope like this. It would be cool if Alfonse learned that nothing is forever but the memories and things we learned from our past friendships are (specially if you're a leader, because you gotta trust in your allies and they have to trust you, even if the chance of one of you dying is not low) and also if he saw that its better to have more than one trusted friend, basically like you said: It would be cool if he lost his fear of broken bonds. Idk if IS considers that he already "learned" this by becoming friends with Kiran and so this matter won't ever be touched on again (like the "lazy second option" you mentioned before, it would piss me off too), I also think that he didnt exactly learned the lesson yet (like, he still seems pretty afraid and insecure about losing Kiran, even if he can open his heart to them)so it would be sad if they chose to never adress this again, because this is a good opportunity to do some PRETTY REAL character development, like if after "losing" Kiran, Alfonse saw that he can rely on his other allies too (like, specially Fjorm, Eir, Peony, Reggin and now Ash) and that they care about him too, as friends (not exactly as best/very close friends like Kiran was with Alfonse, but regardless, they're still friends, and also that he is only not close friends with the other freebie units because himself didn't allow it). And if Alfonse learned that he doesnt have to be as insecure about his firendships lasting forever or not, he could become more aware that most relationships will end someday (some with a bitter end even) but still choose to have these relationships and learn positive things from them. Also if he learns how to deal with loss in a less negative way, it would be a giant step to avoid letting him become like Líf, if the same thing happened to him someday, because he would be able to mourn a firendship without losing his head or without avoiding to accept the loss (like trying to bring everyone back by killing others like Líf did)

Also I like the idea of Embla thinking that she is right and protecting everyone. Unfortunately I think that IS will pull the same card they did with Muspell and try to make her the worst as possible, like Letizia even says something about Embla having a lot of malice or something like this (in those voiced quotes from the official site) so well intentioned Embla will probably not be route taken in the end. Also I think that she put the curse on her descendants on purpose? Or I could see Embla as a degenerating dragon that ended up passing the curse to her descendants because its something that was on her for being a degenerated, Askr probably was the one that sealed her away somewhere else so she wouldnt be able to kill everyone and now she wants Elm and the ones with her blood to destroy Askr descendants so her descendats (after they have sucumbed to the curse) will be able to gang up on Askr and aprisionate him/kill him/force him to free her so she will be free to cause havok.

And I don't think Eir is the daughter of Embla, I'm pretty sure that Hel told her that she slaughtered her parents, and she had no reason to lie about that since she was already telling the truth to Eir in that moment anyway. Also I was checking Eir's voiced lines yesterday and, while in the book she says this more metaphorical "winged in white" thing, in one of her voiced lines she says "I have dreams, sometimes...Blue skies, white wings, gentle smiles", this is less metaphorical, so it makes me think that they're actual wings, idk. Also, before someone says that something could be distorted since dreams are pretty suggestive,  Hel tells her that those are in fact not dreams, but her actual memories (sure, memories could be distorted too, but I think that Hel would correct her if she had said something too inacurate). I don't wanna sound too insistent on this or like I was trying to force anyone to belive that those were actual wings, just trying to prove why my point makes sense to me.

Yeah, I would like to see it with Elm too, it makes me pretty sad to know that he will probably die like most feh villains' henchmen do. I also think that he is jealous of other peoples' bonds, and either terrified to have bonds himself or privated/prohibited of having bonds by Embla. Hopefully we will at least know his true feelings, in the trailer he seems pretty...intense, for lack of a better word, so evetually he will probably snap, give us the typical "this is my sad story and my true feelings, pitty me!" and then die, and then we will be able to summon him (yay...). Also maybe Elm is the way he is (closed to others, probably like Embla would want) to try to protect the closest thing he has to a bond: His relationship with Embla. maybe he thinks that if he helps her to suceed, she will be proud of him and maybe - Even if he knows that its craziness to think like this - that she might want to have a bond with him too someday for being so loyal. It would be a good way to show a pretty toxic relationship and it would be extemelly pleasuring to see Elm free himself of this by eventually betraying Embla or something like this (probably he would die in her hands as soon as he did it or would only realize how toxic she is during his dying breath but still, better late than never)

I was pretty closed to others until very recently (actually, I think I'm kind of still am a little? trying to work on it though) and I related a lot to how Alfonse was during the beggining of the story since when I started playing FEH i had recently moved to another country and lost everyone again (I was always moving so everytime I arrived to a new place I knew that it wouldnt be forever so I avoided to be too close to others, like, I used to only chat and have some fun with my friends but never anything remotely personal and I avoided to trust on or rely on them too), basically, I kinda have a fear of broken bonds like Alfonse. But during the past few years I kept a lot of very close friends at my side here (initially I was only hanging out with them all the time and having fun and telling some fun but 0% personal stories too and never really relying on them as always, also whenever I thought I was spending too much time with them I would withdraw a little, but eventually, after years of friendship I couldnt help it and we started to talk about very personal stuff and I started to heavily rely on them, to the point that I realized that I care about them way too much to go back or to pretend that I dont care as much as I do and even that they've been important to me and that I've been leaning on them without even realizing for quite a while too), even though, I'm afraid to lose them all the time (no, they didn't even give me any motive to think that they'll leave me it just worries me that they will) and the closest we are the more i'm afraid to lose them because I know that someday it WILL happen (cuz you know, nothing's forever) and that it will probably hurt more when it happens, so I know that even if you have pretty close and important people at your side (like Alfonse has Kiran) the fear of broken bonds doesn't go away just because of that. So for me it would be pretty nice to see Alfonse dealing with his problem for real like I've been trying to do during the past few months. Sorry about that, but I think that I wouldnt be able to make clear why i would like this kind of development out of Alfonse without explaining this whole thing, I tried to make it as short as I could though 🙃.

55 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Wow, nice theory. I would like to see it happen too. But I don't think that Kiran "is just a band-aid", Alfonse genuinely puts all of his trust and opens his heart to them, but yeah if something happened to the avatar, it would be already enough to make Alfonse be like that (closed to others) again, probably making him think "It happened the first time (with that random friend of Alfonse that left without saying anything, you know, that guy that was mentioned like once or twice in the story years ago then never again and probably almost no one remebers), then then second time (with Zacharias) when I wasn't ready too, but then I gave another chance to someone else (Kiran), and I was sure that nothing would happen this time (like, he was always reassuring that Kiran should let him know before leaving for good so it wouldnt end like that other friend of his, and trying to protect or save them so it wouldn't end like Zacharias too) but then it does for the third time, again! I would have to be a fool to let the same thing happen the fourth time." or something like this, basically its like what you said about Líf losing his Kiran and about Alfonse thinking "I thought I was over this" while he obviously isnt (like, he has only one close friend to rely on and only trust on one person, family aside, he doesnt have more close firends because he doesn't let them in, so if he lost that one person he has, he would be in the same cautious cynic and mourning state again, its like if Soren had lost Ike, he doesn't have any other close person to him so it would be devasting). So I think that its more of a "Alfonse only has one close friend and completely leans on them" than "Kiran is just a band aid" thing. Anyway in case this happens, Embla/Elm/other bad guy will probably convince Alfonse that Kiran chose to leave back to his home (or that they betrayed Alfonse and joined Embla, but that would give him a better motive to be pissed at Kiran instead of just sad) because if someone just said that Kiran disappeared he would try to save him like always instead of losing hope like this. It would be cool if Alfonse learned that nothing is forever but the memories and things we learned from our past friendships are (specially if you're a leader, because you gotta trust in your allies and they have to trust you, even if the chance of one of you dying is not low) and also if he saw that its better to have more than one trusted friend, basically like you said: It would be cool if he lost his fear of broken bonds. Idk if IS considers that he already "learned" this by becoming friends with Kiran and so this matter won't ever be touched on again (like the "lazy second option" you mentioned before, it would piss me off too), I also think that he didnt exactly learned the lesson yet (like, he still seems pretty afraid and insecure about losing Kiran, even if he can open his heart to them)so it would be sad if they chose to never adress this again, because this is a good opportunity to do some PRETTY REAL character development, like if after "losing" Kiran, Alfonse saw that he can rely on his other allies too (like, specially Fjorm, Eir, Peony, Reggin and now Ash) and that they care about him too, as friends (not exactly as best/very close friends like Kiran was with Alfonse, but regardless, they're still friends, and also that he is only not close friends with the other freebie units because himself didn't allow it). And if Alfonse learned that he doesnt have to be as insecure about his firendships lasting forever or not, he could become more aware that most relationships will end someday (some with a bitter end even) but still choose to have these relationships and learn positive things from them. Also if he learns how to deal with loss in a less negative way, it would be a giant step to avoid letting him become like Líf, if the same thing happened to him someday, because he would be able to mourn a firendship without losing his head or without avoiding to accept the loss (like trying to bring everyone back by killing others like Líf did)

Also I like the idea of Embla thinking that she is right and protecting everyone. Unfortunately I think that IS will pull the same card they did with Muspell and try to make her the worst as possible, like Letizia even says something about Embla having a lot of malice or something like this (in those voiced quotes from the official site) so well intentioned Embla will probably not be route taken in the end. Also I think that she put the curse on her descendants on purpose? Or I could see Embla as a degenerating dragon that ended up passing the curse to her descendants because its something that was on her for being a degenerated, Askr probably was the one that sealed her away somewhere else so she wouldnt be able to kill everyone and now she wants Elm and the ones with her blood to destroy Askr descendants so her descendats (after they have sucumbed to the curse) will be able to gang up on Askr and aprisionate him/kill him/force him to free her so she will be free to cause havok.

And I don't think Eir is the daughter of Embla, I'm pretty sure that Hel told her that she slaughtered her parents, and she had no reason to lie about that since she was already telling the truth to Eir in that moment anyway. Also I was checking Eir's voiced lines yesterday and, while in the book she says this more metaphorical "winged in white" thing, in one of her voiced lines she says "I have dreams, sometimes...Blue skies, white wings, gentle smiles", this is less metaphorical, so it makes me think that they're actual wings, idk. Also, before someone says that something could be distorted since dreams are pretty suggestive,  Hel tells her that those are in fact not dreams, but her actual memories (sure, memories could be distorted too, but I think that Hel would correct her if she had said something too inacurate). I don't wanna sound too insistent on this or like I was trying to force anyone to belive that those were actual wings, just trying to prove why my point makes sense to me.

Yeah, I would like to see it with Elm too, it makes me pretty sad to know that he will probably die like most feh villains' henchmen do. I also think that he is jealous of other peoples' bonds, and either terrified to have bonds himself or privated/prohibited of having bonds by Embla. Hopefully we will at least know his true feelings, in the trailer he seems pretty...intense, for lack of a better word, so evetually he will probably snap, give us the typical "this is my sad story and my true feelings, pitty me!" and then die, and then we will be able to summon him (yay...). Also maybe Elm is the way he is (closed to others, probably like Embla would want) to try to protect the closest thing he has to a bond: His relationship with Embla. maybe he thinks that if he helps her to suceed, she will be proud of him and maybe - Even if he knows that its craziness to think like this - that she might want to have a bond with him too someday for being so loyal. It would be a good way to show a pretty toxic relationship and it would be extemelly pleasuring to see Elm free himself of this by eventually betraying Embla or something like this (probably he would die in her hands as soon as he did it or would only realize how toxic she is during his dying breath but still, better late than never)

I was pretty closed to others until very recently (actually, I think I'm kind of still am a little? trying to work on it though) and I related a lot to how Alfonse was during the beggining of the story since when I started playing FEH i had recently moved to another country and lost everyone again (I was always moving so everytime I arrived to a new place I knew that it wouldnt be forever so I avoided to be too close to others, like, I used to only chat and have some fun with my friends but never anything remotely personal and I avoided to trust on or rely on them too), basically, I kinda have a fear of broken bonds like Alfonse. But during the past few years I kept a lot of very close friends at my side here (initially I was only hanging out with them all the time and having fun and telling some fun but 0% personal stories too and never really relying on them as always, also whenever I thought I was spending too much time with them I would withdraw a little, but eventually, after years of friendship I couldnt help it and we started to talk about very personal stuff and I started to heavily rely on them, to the point that I realized that I care about them way too much to go back or to pretend that I dont care as much as I do and even that they've been important to me and that I've been leaning on them without even realizing for quite a while too), even though, I'm afraid to lose them all the time (no, they didn't even give me any motive to think that they'll leave me it just worries me that they will) and the closest we are the more i'm afraid to lose them because I know that someday it WILL happen (cuz you know, nothing's forever) and that it will probably hurt more when it happens, so I know that even if you have pretty close and important people at your side (like Alfonse has Kiran) the fear of broken bonds doesn't go away just because of that. So for me it would be pretty nice to see Alfonse dealing with his problem for real like I've been trying to do during the past few months. Sorry about that, but I think that I wouldnt be able to make clear why i would like this kind of development out of Alfonse without explaining this whole thing, I tried to make it as short as I could though 🙃.

XD No worries, man! I'd like to see them come back to the fear theme with Alfonse because I think it's in character and the opportunity is there, but it's neat to hear from someone who relates so strongly. 🙂 I'm glad to hear that you're healing from those fears, too. It's always a slow process, but great job working on it! Some people never confront their fears or try to improve upon their circumstances by improving upon themselves, so it's really an accomplishment that you are! Well done!

As for Alfonse, I called Kiran his "band-aid" because so long as Kiran's around, Alfonse doesn't really have to work on himself since Kiran "fixes" it. Basically, it takes Alfonse out of a situation in which he needs to confront his own weakness and overcome it if he doesn't want to suffer from it anymore. He's also not nearly as unhealthily reliant as Soren (partially because they have VERY different backgrounds, so Soren has a LOT more trauma to deal with), so he can function a lot better socially than the guy. Alfonse may actually think he doesn't have that fear of broken bonds anymore since he doesn't have to deal with it, but I don't think he's overcome it yet.

Also, the "other friend" was Zacharias, so this would only be the 2nd time. And when Kiran was kidnapped in Book 5, Alfonse was very determined to rescue him, but that looked like normal "I want to save my very close friend" behavior. Sharena even says that Alfonse has a special relationship with Kiran when Dagr asks about it. So, Bruno and Kiran are Alfonse's besties...and both could possibly be taken away from him in this book. It'd be cool if Alfonse is trying to deal with closing himself off again when Lif comes over and whacks Alfonse upside the head and maybe gives him a lecture. (He is an older version of Alfonse, after all, and needed to get over his own loss at the end of Book 3 in order to help Alfonse defeat Hel. That is, he needed to come to terms with the fact that he lost everyone and they're not coming back, but this younger Alfonse still had a chance to save his Askr. That was why he helped him out in the end instead of trying to revive his own home.)

Anyway, as for Embla, it seems like the blood curse began with Veronica and Bruno's father, but it could go further back than that. Also, it wouldn't make sense for Askr to seal her away. His power is all about opening stuff. Hers is the one that creates barriers. Actually, the dark barriers we've seen in the story so far are what I imagine she's buried herself in. She may be trying to cure her loneliness by just owning everyone, like how Veronica in Book 1 tried to conquer all the worlds so that she could have all the heroes around be her friends. The same behavior was seen in Veronica's dad because of the curse, so this may be a clue as to Embla's own issues. Like, she wants everyone to be hers, but she shuts herself off, too. You may be right about Elm wanting to keep a sort of relationship with Embla, though. Hard to tell with him if he's keeping her at arm's length (not letting her get close) or not, though. We'll need to observe him a bit more in order to tell that, I think.

As for Eir, you're probably right. I'm just not confident enough to say for sure either way yet since it's still kind of ambiguous. If I had to guess, though, I'd agree with you.

I suspect Elm, Letizia and Embla are going to be quite a lot better than Surtr

Surtr was pretty undercooked as a villain. He needed some more time to bake in the oven. The passion the writers had for this character wasn't scorching enough. It would have been better had the writers turned up the heat with their efforts. Surtr can't hold a candle to any halfway decent villain. I could go on but I'm burnt out by now. I can't be the only who's interest wasn't sparked by this character. You hardly have any heated debate of people defending him. He just doesn't have a presence burned into people's minds

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I suspect Elm, Letizia and Embla are going to be quite a lot better than Surtr

Surtr was pretty undercooked as a villain. He needed some more time to bake in the oven. The passion the writers had for this character wasn't scorching enough. It would have been better had the writers turned up the heat with their efforts. Surtr can't hold a candle to any halfway decent villain. I could go on but I'm burnt out by now. I can't be the only who's interest wasn't sparked by this character. You hardly have any heated debate of people defending him. He just doesn't have a presence burned into people's minds

You stepped it up nicely! Well done friend; now THAT was a stream of quality puns. Lit. (x3 meanings in this case: flowing off of the fire puns, this is about writing and "lit" can be short for "literature," and it's also a slang meaning that something is good, though I don't know how well in circulation that use is anymore. Slang dies out and gets replaced rather quickly. I know it's not good practice to explain one's jokes, but I think we've established that I have a compulsion to be super exact. Apologies for my terrible pun, made terrible primarily through over-explanation.)

I'm a big sucker for political intrigue like what's happening in Embla, so this is an instant win in my book. I like all the designs and new characters we've seen so far, and i'm honestly already craving for more. I really hope we get to see more of Embla's royals perhaps, maybe we'll see Veronica's father? And Bruno my sweet please return I would like you to come to my barracks and never look back.

On 12/8/2021 at 9:19 AM, ARMADS!!! said:

Late on this, but I doubt both will be female. We still have the Dragon of Life (who likely will be female) and Eir will get an ascended form, so that's two potential girls right off the bat. Considering even IS likes to squeeze in one guy at least one of the two would be male to 'balance' it out. Another thing is I'm not sure both will appear in the TT+. You can use them in different storylines for the game such as a Ragnarok plot or another Midgard revisit, and I can see IS keeping one in their pocket to avoid blowing their villain stock so early. 

If we did get both and one had to be female I would say it'd be Jormungandr as well, but mostly because of Fenrir. We just got Nifl and her dragon form is pretty wolf-like, so I feel they'd try to differentiate the two and having them be different genders would be a way to start.

• 4 weeks later...