So, I did a Shadow Dragon ironman.

Tis a shame to see Cord fall so early in the run

Congrats on beating the ironman my man. SD is so much more fun when done this way. It was the original design after all. 

I'm glad Darros did very well. Barst carried the run to avenge Bord and Cord. What a guy.

26 turns on Marth embarks 0.o Were you training Wyrs to 20/20 via dodging or something. What difficulty was this on?

EDIT: Is that over 7 hours on chapter 4 :0 The way you play Fire Emblem baffles and frightens me.

Edited by Jotari

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

26 turns on Marth embarks 0.o Were you training Wyrs to 20/20 via dodging or something. What difficulty was this on?

I suspect a connection to Gaggle's 118 fights but only two kills. Too bad he didn't last very long anyways.

Congrats, OP!

22 hours ago, JimmyBeans said:

Looks like Barst and Darros had a good time this playthrough, did Darros stay in an axe class?

Darros really came into his own as an armor knight, actually. I started him out as a Hunter, but after he got a few defense levels I figure he had more use as a wall than for chip damage.

22 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

I'm glad Darros did very well. Barst carried the run to avenge Bord and Cord. What a guy.

Barst also spent most of the game as an armor knight, but once he capped defense I reclassed him to Hero and that was how he spent the rest of the game, minus the Michalis chapter. Definitely my favorite unit from this run.

I'd actually say armor knight is the best use of Barst and Darros, which is hilarious because I'm used to them being bad, but here they're actually great. Is there a different route y'all prefer for those two?

Tis a shame to see Cord fall so early in the run

22 hours ago, JimmyBeans said:

Also rip Bord, at least he made it to ch7.

RIP for sure. I was actually hoping to use Bord and Cord, but, y'know...whoops.

Congrats on beating the ironman my man. SD is so much more fun when done this way. It was the original design after all.

Thanks. I definitely feel like I learned a lot from the experience, especially about being careful and abusing warp.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

What difficulty was this on?

Hard 3.

26 turns on Marth embarks 0.o Were you training Wyrs to 20/20 via dodging or something.

9 hours ago, pong said:

I suspect a connection to Gaggle's 118 fights but only two kills. Too bad he didn't last very long anyways.

Yeah, I was boss abusing with Gordin. Unfortunately he died in the arena, I didn't mash the button to back out fast enough, I guess. Shame, since he would've made an interesting paladin.

EDIT: Is that over 7 hours on chapter 4 :0 The way you play Fire Emblem baffles and frightens me.

It's how I aspire to leave people.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Is there a different route y'all prefer for those two?

I usually just go with fighter->hero Barst. I couldn't afford to lose his speed.Hero is just a great class for him overall. Darros on the other hand is honestly just best as an armor. His strength and Def growth as an armor is phenomenal for SD standards, and he often gets doubled anyways. Hunter works well too, I will never see it otherwise, but I guess 25% speed growth is still rather shaky, especially on H5. Either way, I think that General Darros is the way to go. 0×4 is still zero. Who else are you gonna use? Sedgar? Get outta here.