New Heroes: Ash and More

Ice Dragon

The infantry beast common effect has been upgraded to include "Null Special Fighter". Holy shit.

Nailah also gets this in her refine, and we can assume all future infantry beast refines will also have it (just like dragonstones gaining their common effect).

Well, our GHB for this banner (Yen'fay) is actually insane for a freebie unit.

[DATAMINE SPOILERS]

Spoiler

Weapon is Carnage Amatsu. It gives him +3 Spd, unconditional Distant Counter (RIP Say'ri and Amatsu) and Dodge if he isn't adjacent to an ally.

The rest of his kit includes Astra, Kestrel Stance 2 and Threat. Atk/Def 2 (4 star unlock).
Stats are 43/37/42+/32/28-

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The infantry beast common effect has been upgraded to include "Null Special Fighter". Holy shit.

Nailah also gets this in her refine, and we can assume all future infantry beast refines will also have it (just like dragonstones gaining their common effect).

Looks solid. I'm betting cavalry beasts will get an upgrade as well, wonder what that'll be.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, our GHB for this banner (Yen'fay) is actually insane for a freebie unit.

[DATAMINE SPOILERS]

Hide contents

Weapon is Carnage Amatsu. It gives him +3 Spd, unconditional Distant Counter (RIP Say'ri and Amatsu) and Dodge if he isn't adjacent to an ally.

The rest of his kit includes Astra, Kestrel Stance 2 and Threat. Atk/Def 2 (4 star unlock).
Stats are 43/37/42+/32/28-

Oh wow, that's pretty wild.

For a while I was waiting for a good new red sword infantry GHB to merge for Arena purposes. I don't really Arena anymore, but I do have plenty of extra grails...

"Null Special Fighter" on new infantry beasts and refined old infantry beast weapons means you can viably run the bulkier units with tier-4 Stance skills to completely block Fallen Edelgard's Special (and anyone else's as long as it isn't already fully charged), which is pretty nice.

Priam looks pretty uninteresting. Atk/Def Ideal is already on 2 other units. Rouse Spd/Def 4 is okay. He doesn't even come with Aether, and he also doesn't even have a way to reliably activate his default Sol on every round of combat, making keeping both stacks of Atk/Def Ideal active pretty iffy.

Flavia herself doesn't look like anything particularly special, but the new Feud skill series looks pretty interesting. It's Impenetrable Dark, but only applies to enemies of a single specified color hits them with -4 to all stats, or if you're in combat with a unit of a different color, shuts down the skills of only teammates of the specified color.

Basilio's skills suck. Good weapon, though. Otherwise, he's just more Moonbow fodder.

Ash's exclusive skill is Joint Drive Atk and Fruit of Idunn's version of Guidance. That's really cool.

Her weapon is a pretty typical dual-phase weapon. With at least 1 ally within 3 spaces, she gets +6/0/6/6. With at least 2 allies, she gets a guaranteed follow-up. With at least 3 allies, she prevents the opponent's follow-up. Combines pretty well with her Guidance effect, though getting the guaranteed follow-up might occasionally be a bit awkward since it requires 2 allies within 3 spaces.

Seems pretty solid in Aether Raids, though. That's quite a bit of mobility my Save tanks suddenly have.

Assuming that the next Legendary/Mythic Hero banner will the new unit be colorless, though, I'll probably pass on pulling too hard for her here. Probably just a copy or two so that I can make some use of her in Aether Raids.

Stat spreads (except Yen'fay's since I already posted it in my previous post) [DATAMINE SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

+ = super asset
- = super flaw

Ash
41-/39+/27-/41+/35

Priam
40-/41+/40+/35/26-

Flavia
41-/40+/41+/36/23

Basilio
48/43+/33/36/21
*Atk Tactic 3 is the 4 star unlock.

Miriel
37+/37/40+/25+/31
*Spd/Res Link 3 is the 4* unlock.

• So Ancient Ragnell grants extra Def, has Distant Counter, and inflicts Atk/Def -6 on the foe if Priam has a Bonus, which in ideal conditions (heh) he will have because he comes with Rouse Spd/Def 4... that's something to be certain. Atk/Def Ideal and NFU are also appreciated on such a man.
    ...but... I dunno, it still feels wrong to have Priam over... well, I guess his only competition would be Gregor... but at least Gregor appeared in more than the literal last Spotpass chapter.
  • Flavia's Lioness Blade, with all conditions met, grants Atk/Spd +6, a similar effect to Deadeye/Lethality by disabling non-special damage reducton, and also special acceleration. Pretty good. Red Feud though... it's interesting. Debuffs red foes only, and prevents Red units from providing support to allies... only question, does this also affect the holder of the passive? If Flavia has this skill, does she also not get the support of any allies, since she herself is a Red unit? Hm...
  • Oh what the hell, BASILIO is the demote??? Did he drink too much mead and lose a star on the way in?
    ...wait, he's bringing Spirited Axe to the 4* pool? That's a weapon currently locked to Groom Hinata in the Grail shop (as the Huge Fan+)... interesting.
  • Miriel is the additional unit being brought in as a 3*-4* unit. She is a Blue Infantry Mage who comes with what looks like Blarlion, Draw Back, Atk/Spd Ideal 3, and Spd/Res Link.
    ...fascinating. She was originally a studied user of Fire magic in Awakening, but is instead a user of Blue magic, commonly associated with Lightning. In addition, she is bringing an Ideal skill to the 4* and lower pool (even though it most definitely is not the demote skill), making it slightly more accessible to less wealthy players...

The best part about Ash is that she is free.
A Colorless Beast unit with that level of bulk, guaranteed follow-ups and follow-up denial, and a Prf C skill that contains both refined Fruit of Idunn's ally teleportation effect AND Joint Drive Atk is awesome to have on a freebie unit.

Edited by Xenomata

The usual translation things:

The banner title is "新英雄&アシュ" (shin-eiyū & ashu), "New Heroes & Ash".

Priam's epithet, "Radiant Hero", is "蒼炎の末裔" (sōen no matsuei), "Descendant of Blue Flames". The blue flames are an obvious reference to Ike, the Hero of Blue Flames.

Ancient Ragnell is "末流ラグネル" (matsuryū raguneru), "Descendant Ragnell".

Flavia's epithet, "Feroxi East-Khan", is "フェリアの東王" (feria no tōō), "Ferox's Eastern King".

Lioness Blade is "女傑の大剣" (joketsu no taiken), "Amazon's Blade". The word "女傑" (joketsu) refers simply to a strong woman (physically, morally, etc.). "大剣" (taiken) is the word localized in the main-series games for the Blade weapon series (Iron Blade, etc.). It more accurately translates as "great sword".

Red Feud is "赤への暗闘" (aka e no antō), "Secret Feud Against Red".

Basilio's epithet, "Feroxi West-Khan", is "フェリアの西王" (feria no seiō), "Ferox's Western King".

Spirited Axe is "士気旺盛の斧" (shiki ōsei no ono), "Axe of Fighting Spirit".

Ash's epithet, "Retainer to Askr", is "アスクの眷属" (asuku no kenzoku), "Askr's Retainer".

Horn of Opening is "開く者の角" (aku mono no tsuno), "Horn of the Opener". Ash is a can opener confirmed.

Opening Retainer is "開神の眷属" (kaishin no kenzoku), "Retainer to the God of Opening".

Miriel's epithet, "Rapier Intellect", is "理知の瞳" (richi no hitomi), "Eye of Intellect".

Yen'fay's epithet, "Blade Legend", is "ソンシンの剣聖" (sonshin no kensei), "Sword Saint of the Chon'sin".

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Debuffs red foes only, and prevents Red units from providing support to allies... only question, does this also affect the holder of the passive? If Flavia has this skill, does she also not get the support of any allies, since she herself is a Red unit? Hm...

It prevents red enemies from receiving or providing in-combat support effects, but doesn't affect allied units.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I really wish Gregor was included. He's one of my favorite Awakening characters (ranking only behind Chrom and Lucina, probably, possibly Tiki?) and the last one left that I'd say I REALLY want in the game. But, I suppose with Flavia, Priam, and Yen'fay, they wouldn't want ANOTHER potential infantry sword unit in this batch. Even if they made Gregor an axe unit, he'd compete with Basilio.

Flavia, Basilio, and Miriel are all good additions, very happy to see them! Yen'fay is fine, too; at least he look very good for a free unit. Priam...meh.

Basilio is the four star demote....really? This banner includes 3(!) different sword units with prfs. Maybe they should get the fun seasonal demote weapon and axes that already get every single inheritable weapon ever should get a break.

That aside the Banner is good. I wanted Flavia and Bassilio in and Miriel is also cool. I would have switched Priam around for Gregor/Ricken/Laurent, but thats just me. 

Personally, looking forward to the Forging Bonds with these guys (unless there's not one and I'm imagining things.)

No Gregor/10.

Feud skills seem interesting.  I don't think it works on Savior, but anti-Savior is inevitable. Wonder how long IS will put it off.

Ash...  I'm conflicted.  On one hand, make's since that she would be Mythic, and seems like a decent unit... On the other, IS why?  Cowgirl + ship-teased with the summoner...  Do not like, do not want, do not need.  But, only time will tell where we're going with this.

Final judgement: Again, no Gregor/10.  Looks to be a fairly bland banner, only thing of interest is R. Feud.

Dreading the FB for Awakening's Tellius OC, but who knows, maybe they will pull a Fallen Ike and go "what? no, that could never happen, that's a ridiculous concept" at him too. I can dream.

Ash as a character is dead on arrival, her personality doomed to be eaten by that crush on us... F. Points for her hair and showing us that Azura's outfit could have been worse, I suppose. I can only hope the new bat person turns out interesting, as I like his (or so they say, but I'd 100% be expecting a "actually a girl" reveal if not for the fact that having a male Askr with a female retainer and a female Embla with a male retainer looks like deliberate symetry) design much better.

But Miriel is in!! And they didn't hit her too hard with the freebie stick!! Surprised that she's blue, but I like it. Please give us her big hat as a FB accessory. 😄

Ash is not very awe inspiring. At least she is better than Dagr and Ullr for Save tanks. She might be useful for Galeforce teams once she Wings of Mercy in and make contact. Dual phase guaranteed follow-ups just does not really excite me as much anymore. The mobility is nice, but it feels kind of limited and niche.

Priam and Flavia technically are not bad if you compare them to old units, but after seeing the new Weapon Refines, these two sword units already look outdated.

Basilio got a nice axe.

*sad sigh* There goes my dream of an all Shepherds banner…at least we have Miriel.

I’m tired of how the remaining male Shepherds (Kellam, Vaike, Gregor, Ricken) are relatively popular (IIRC all of them are in the lower 200s or lower in CYL rankings) and relatively major characters in Awakening, yet keep getting shafted in Awakening banners in favor of tertiary characters/“avatarsexuals.” Though at least Flavia and Basilio appear earlier and are more plot-important than the likes of Say’ri, Awakening Anna and Mustafa (seriously, that boss for one map?)

This irritates me even more since I don’t particularly care about most of the Awakening avatarsexuals, yet the remaining Fates avatarsexuals keep getting passed over and most are characters I’m quite fond of. In particular, Scarlet, Shura and Reina are relatively popular. Izana is in the middle of the CYL ranking pack, but I would still love to see him in Heroes someday.

I'm probably going to Spark on this banner. My priority is Priam since he's one of my favorite characters, but if I can get Flavia and Basilio as well, that'd be great. Basilio will probably become a +10 Merge project down the line, but I have a couple of other green units to take care of first (at least Lex, Mustafa, and Orochi), and far from enough feathers to do so. If I get all three and am close to forty pulls, then I'll Spark for a second Ash, I guess. I feel pretty confident that I can Spark on this banner, pull a bit on the Legendary/Mythic banner (blegh) for Thorr, and still have a nice little nest egg for any future banners or to bolster my summer splurges. 

I'm curious about the Feud skills. The description seems pretty redundant to me.

"If in combat against a red foe, disables skills of all foes, excluding foe in combat, and inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on foe during combat. During combat, disables skills of all red foes, excluding foe in combat."

I don't now if I'm missing something here. Maybe this extends to Save skills from Red foes, but since there's no inheritance restriction according to GamePress, that would be kind of busted. I would think Green units wouldn't get this, but I guess the color triangle has been dead for a while. Also no cavalry restriction with potential anti-save is borked too since the main reason saves are need is because of the high threat range cavalry units.

7 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I'm curious about the Feud skills. The description seems pretty redundant to me.

"If in combat against a red foe, disables skills of all foes, excluding foe in combat, and inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on foe during combat. During combat, disables skills of all red foes, excluding foe in combat."

I don't now if I'm missing something here. Maybe this extends to Save skills from Red foes, but since there's no inheritance restriction according to GamePress, that would be kind of busted. I would think Green units wouldn't get this, but I guess the color triangle has been dead for a while. Also no cavalry restriction with potential anti-save is borked too since the main reason saves are need is because of the high threat range cavalry units.

I took it to mean skills from out-of-combat allies. Like, ones that give bonuses to allies in combat. For example, if an ally gives +4 to def to allies within 2 spaces or whatever, then that skill would be nullified and the unit in combat would have to go without that in-combat buff from the ally.

3 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I'll give you an example:
If you are battling against Reginn, all skills from her companions would be disabled. She's alone against your unit, recieving no support.
If you are battling against Naga and there is an enemy Plumeria giving her buffs from a tile nearby, Plumeria's support buffs on Naga would be disabled .

58 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Savior activates before combat, so it wouldn't be affected by Feud.

Feud's non-stat effect is identical to Bramimond's Impenetrable Dark except it's more selective. Impenetrable Dark effectively unequips all skills on all enemy units except for the unit in combat for the duration of combat.

When in combat against a red unit, Red Feud is identical to Impenetrable Dark. When in combat against a non-red unit, Red Feud unequips all skills on all enemy red units for the duration of combat. In effect, it prevents enemy red units from receiving support effects from or providing support effects to teammates.

5 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

Give me crow lady Ash, I need her! Personally, I've loved this main character free units.

round-faced, a little stacked, dark skinned cutie. I’m sold 😏

Well, I am probably the only one here looking forward to Priam.  I need one of my favorites in the game.  I know a lot of people aren't happy about him being in, finally something nice has happened after my dad dying.  I really needed this.

Edited by EricaofRenais

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Personally, looking forward to the Forging Bonds with these guys (unless there's not one and I'm imagining things.)

I'm looking forward to Priam's in particular, in the naive hope that we finally get some clarification about the Ike thing.