New Heroes: Ash and More

Ice Dragon

yet another Awakening banner without Vaike, probably the only FE13 character i actually like

anyway, Basilio and Flavia are fine, and yes, the Feud skill line seems interesting, but not a must need imho
miriel is a thing
yen'fay is also a thing
Ash is probably the only FEH OC i like after loki, for the same two big reasons, and she also fits my playstyle perfectly

lastly, i don't know why you're all talking about this banner adding so many sword units, the only ones i see are flavia and yen'fay, and i don't know what the hell this "Pry-uhm" thing you guys are mentioning is

Edited by Yexin

I noticed that the character introductions are now up, and unlike the English page where Ash's relationships list Askr and Embla only by their name, the Japanese page also gives the two dragons a proper epithet.

Askr is listed as 神竜アスク (shinryū asuku), "Divine Dragon Askr", which is par for the course.

Embla, though, is listed as 憑竜エンブラ (hyōryū enbura), "Possession Dragon Embla", which is new and very novel. The word "憑" means "to request", "to rely on", "to possess", or "to haunt", with the latter two meanings being more standard (the former two are by association with other words), and that probably explains the scene in the trailer video where Veronica appears to become completely possessed by Elm.

Also, I think Ash and Fae will make fast friends.

ash_retainer_to_askr_info03.png

Just as a reminder, Flavia and Basilio getting added was telegraphed all the way back on the bride banner where their Japanese voice actors (Atsuko Tanaka and Masaki Terasoma respectively) played a literal old married couple (Juno and Zelot respectively). 

You can't make deliberate casting like that up.

More translation things now that the story maps and Yen'fay are available:

Elm's epithet, "Retainer to Embla", is "エンブラの眷属" (enbura no kenzoku), "Embla's Retainer".

Fang of Closure, is "閉ざす者の爪牙" (tozasu mono no sōga), "Claws and Fangs of the Closer".

Carnage Amatsu is "修羅アマツ" (shura amatsu), "Carnage Amatsu" or "Asura Amatsu".

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Carnage Amatsu is "修羅アマツ" (shura amatsu), "Carnage Amatsu" or "Asura Amatsu".

I think they would've been better leaving it off as "Asura", since "Carnage" is making me think of TMS, which did coincidentally give Yashiro the Amatsu as a Carnage (although his starter is the Killing Edge, and his ultimate is the Futsuno Mitama, in case he shows up FYI). This Yenny is certainly not his minor side boss TMS self either.

Did they really need to translate the word? Den'gue is a pseudo-Japanese character, it wouldn't have been entirely out of place. But then, I take it FEH isn't so weeby as to leave Japanese terms merely transliterated, even for not uncommon phrases (and asura doesn't seem uncommon to me).