I wanna try a FE3H PMU - Pick My Units & Their Classes!!

24 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

I decided to shift Wyvern Lord Annette as a backup if someone dies because I already used Wyvern Lord Hapi which is a similar build. And instead of Warrior Constance, we are going with Dancer Constance but as a replacement, my close friend wanted to choose who it will be and they said Warrior Ignatz!! So this will be our final team!!

You won't hear any complaints from me. Ignatz is on my top 3 list of things I don't hate about Three Houses favorite Three Houses characters. Above Leonie, below Hanneman. So it makes me happy to see him being added at the last minute.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You won't hear any complaints from me. Ignatz is on my top 3 list of things I don't hate about Three Houses favorite Three Houses characters. Above Leonie, below Hanneman. So it makes me happy to see him being added at the last minute.

AYE a fellow man of culture!! CHADnatz is my BOY!! 😆 Also on a serious note, just curious, without going too much on a tangent, what don't you like about FE3H? Is it gameplay wise, story wise? Just want to know.

Edited by TheChoZenOne

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're welcome.

Honestly, Warrior Iggy should be pretty good, since he could learn vantage+wrath, and his hit+20 skill makes his hit with those much more reliable. He also has naturally high skill growth with decent speed, making his crit chance higher than others. Besides, it's what the Goddess would want...oh wait. 

Chadnatz.

1 hour ago, TheChoZenOne said:

AYE a fellow man of culture!! CHADnatz is my BOY!! 😆 

Chadnatz will destroy the world.

Also on a serious note, just curious, without going too much on a tangent, what don't you like about FE3H? Is it gameplay wise, story wise? Just want to know.

You don't know what you've unleashed. It is not possible to stop me once I start ranting about Three Houses.

Nah but seriously, I'll try it keep it brief-ish. I'll also put it in a spoiler box so it doesn't take up much space.

Spoiler

These are the main flaws that keep me from enjoying the game:

• I find the maps to be at best unremarkable and at worst some of the shittiest maps in the entire series and actively detrimental to the game's main selling point of a highly customizable playable cast. Looking at you, Softlock At Dawn.
  • The difficulties are either way too easy to be any fun at all (hard) or too poorly designed to be difficult in a fair way (maddening).
  • The route split is not well thought out at all. Woo, four routes! Except they're almost exactly the same after chapter 12, three out of four routes are nearly identical for their entire run and the one real outlier was obviously left unfinished.
  • As for the story... Well, it's probably above average for FE, but there's a problem: While there are games that I play for the story, FE isn't among them. I play FE first and foremost for its gameplay. If a FE has a good gameplay but a bad story, I can forgive the latter issue. If a FE has a good story but bad gameplay, I can't call it a good FE, even if the story is a Shakespearean masterpiece.
    Still, I do feel that Three Houses's story is riddled with issues that people downplay really hard, such as Claude being completely irrelevant, Byleth suffering from all the same issues as every other avatar in the series just as much as the rest of them, Dimitri's arc being rushed, everything to do with TWSITD, Jeralt being a painfully predictable character, Rhea just kind of vanishing after the route split in most of the routes despite how vital she is... Among some others I'm probably forgetting right now.
  • Lastly, this is a minor point, but the game is hideous. It looks like it belongs on the Wii, with its awfully blurry textures, the lack of anti-alias and the models that clip through things all the time, including themselves! And to top it all off, the performance is hilariously bad. Even though the game looks awful, they still managed to make it so demanding that they had to implement a 30 FPS cap - and it still suffers from constant slowdowns in spite of the cap.
    Again, not a big deal, but I just find it really funny that they managed to make such a technically incompetent piece of software. Quite impressive.

Do keep in mind that I don't consider Three Houses to be the worst FE. It is my most hated FE, however, for a simple reason that isn't even entirely its fault - it is one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. See, at the time 3H came out, I had only played FEs I'd enjoyed. I'd foolishly come to see FE as a series that could do no wrong, and Three Houses looked so amazing and people kept saying it fixed the issues of the evil, evil Fatesawakening (which I hadn't even played at the time), so I was certain I'd love it. Then I played it and it had so many problems that I was left completely let down.

...That, and I honestly want to love it as much as everyone else does. I've given it no less than four chances, different routes, different difficulties, all in a desperate attempt to see what everyone else sees in it. But I just can't help it. The more I try, the more I hate it. So at this point I've given up on it completely. It's not a game I'll ever be able to enjoy, I don't think. A shame.

1 hour ago, Shaky Jones said:

You're welcome.

Big McThankies from McSpankies!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Chadnatz will destroy the world.

You don't know what you've unleashed. It is not possible to stop me once I start ranting about Three Houses.

Nah but seriously, I'll try it keep it brief-ish. I'll also put it in a spoiler box so it doesn't take up much space.

Hide contents

These are the main flaws that keep me from enjoying the game:

• I find the maps to be at best unremarkable and at worst some of the shittiest maps in the entire series and actively detrimental to the game's main selling point of a highly customizable playable cast. Looking at you, Softlock At Dawn.
  • The difficulties are either way too easy to be any fun at all (hard) or too poorly designed to be difficult in a fair way (maddening).
  • The route split is not well thought out at all. Woo, four routes! Except they're almost exactly the same after chapter 12, three out of four routes are nearly identical for their entire run and the one real outlier was obviously left unfinished.
  • As for the story... Well, it's probably above average for FE, but there's a problem: While there are games that I play for the story, FE isn't among them. I play FE first and foremost for its gameplay. If a FE has a good gameplay but a bad story, I can forgive the latter issue. If a FE has a good story but bad gameplay, I can't call it a good FE, even if the story is a Shakespearean masterpiece.
    Still, I do feel that Three Houses's story is riddled with issues that people downplay really hard, such as Claude being completely irrelevant, Byleth suffering from all the same issues as every other avatar in the series just as much as the rest of them, Dimitri's arc being rushed, everything to do with TWSITD, Jeralt being a painfully predictable character, Rhea just kind of vanishing after the route split in most of the routes despite how vital she is... Among some others I'm probably forgetting right now.
  • Lastly, this is a minor point, but the game is hideous. It looks like it belongs on the Wii, with its awfully blurry textures, the lack of anti-alias and the models that clip through things all the time, including themselves! And to top it all off, the performance is hilariously bad. Even though the game looks awful, they still managed to make it so demanding that they had to implement a 30 FPS cap - and it still suffers from constant slowdowns in spite of the cap.
    Again, not a big deal, but I just find it really funny that they managed to make such a technically incompetent piece of software. Quite impressive.

Do keep in mind that I don't consider Three Houses to be the worst FE. It is my most hated FE, however, for a simple reason that isn't even entirely its fault - it is one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. See, at the time 3H came out, I had only played FEs I'd enjoyed. I'd foolishly come to see FE as a series that could do no wrong, and Three Houses looked so amazing and people kept saying it fixed the issues of the evil, evil Fatesawakening (which I hadn't even played at the time), so I was certain I'd love it. Then I played it and it had so many problems that I was left completely let down.

...That, and I honestly want to love it as much as everyone else does. I've given it no less than four chances, different routes, different difficulties, all in a desperate attempt to see what everyone else sees in it. But I just can't help it. The more I try, the more I hate it. So at this point I've given up on it completely. It's not a game I'll ever be able to enjoy, I don't think. A shame.

Big McThankies from McSpankies!

Hahaha. Hm that is very fair tbh and you make excellent points.

Its funny cuz I pretty much agree with all the points you made. Only difference it didn't necessarilly make it enough for me to dislike the game but, that might be due to the circumstances of me being more of a story/characters kind of guy. And being someone who has played fates and seen its poor writing prior to it. Also add to the fact that the only FE I have played before it at the time with a decent story imo was Echoes. Three Houses seemed like such a step up from the previous games I played. It's hard cuz I understand completely. I feel like Three Houses is a game that has so many flaws and I want the next one to so badly improve on all these issues. Like three houses could have been even better for me. And I already loved it lol But for what it is, I guess the amount of custimization it gives you and loads of lovable characters, decent enough gameplay to atleast feel fun enough to play with gambits and different dumb strategies. I guess it felt like a sandbox FE to me. So because of that, I cant stop playing it. But dont get me wrong, I pretty much get you 100%. I hope the next FE is as ambitious as this one but executed FAR better. Because if Three Houses is in my top 3. Then I can only imagine what the next one would mean to me if it fixes all these issues. 😁

1 hour ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Hahaha. Hm that is very fair tbh and you make excellent points.

Hide contents

Its funny cuz I pretty much agree with all the points you made. Only difference it didn't necessarilly make it enough for me to dislike the game but, that might be due to the circumstances of me being more of a story/characters kind of guy. And being someone who has played fates and seen its poor writing prior to it. Also add to the fact that the only FE I have played before it at the time with a decent story imo was Echoes. Three Houses seemed like such a step up from the previous games I played. It's hard cuz I understand completely. I feel like Three Houses is a game that has so many flaws and I want the next one to so badly improve on all these issues. Like three houses could have been even better for me. And I already loved it lol But for what it is, I guess the amount of custimization it gives you and loads of lovable characters, decent enough gameplay to atleast feel fun enough to play with gambits and different dumb strategies. I guess it felt like a sandbox FE to me. So because of that, I cant stop playing it. But dont get me wrong, I pretty much get you 100%. I hope the next FE is as ambitious as this one but executed FAR better. Because if Three Houses is in my top 3. Then I can only imagine what the next one would mean to me if it fixes all these issues. 😁

Fair points, all of these. Yeah, I must say I quite enjoy the customization of Three Houses, myself. I just wish there were better maps and difficulty modes to actually use that customization. Still, at this point, it's a matter of tastes and preferences. The game's problems weren't enough to ruin the game for you, but they were enough to ruin it for me. It happens.

As for Fates... Well, I pretty much had the opposite experience as you, haha. While you played Fates first and much appreciated the better story and characters in 3H, I found far more enjoyment in Fates's superior gameplay and unique mechanics than anything 3H had to offer. Heck, I actually consider the awful story to be a good thing, in a way. I'm a big fan of "so bad that it's good" things. Let me tell you, no other character in the series has managed to make me laugh as consistently and loudly as Garon did over the course of the three Fates routes. What a beautiful, beautiful mess of a character he is.

I suppose all I can do is join you in hoping that the next FE takes all that worked in Three Houses and improves upon everything else! You know... whenever it's announced. Pretty sad that the only "FE" news we've gotten this entire year has been the official English translation of one of Shouzou Kaga's bootleg FEs lol. Shut up it counts, KagaSaga is FE

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fair points, all of these. Yeah, I must say I quite enjoy the customization of Three Houses, myself. I just wish there were better maps and difficulty modes to actually use that customization. Still, at this point, it's a matter of tastes and preferences. The game's problems weren't enough to ruin the game for you, but they were enough to ruin it for me. It happens.

As for Fates... Well, I pretty much had the opposite experience as you, haha. While you played Fates first and much appreciated the better story and characters in 3H, I found far more enjoyment in Fates's superior gameplay and unique mechanics than anything 3H had to offer. Heck, I actually consider the awful story to be a good thing, in a way. I'm a big fan of "so bad that it's good" things. Let me tell you, no other character in the series has managed to make me laugh as consistently and loudly as Garon did over the course of the three Fates routes. What a beautiful, beautiful mess of a character he is.

I suppose all I can do is join you in hoping that the next FE takes all that worked in Three Houses and improves upon everything else! You know... whenever it's announced. Pretty sad that the only "FE" news we've gotten this entire year has been the official English translation of one of Shouzou Kaga's bootleg FEs lol. Shut up it counts, KagaSaga is FE

Oh yeah, just to clarify. Let me rephrase that, I definitely still enjoy gameplay as well, trust me. I adored fates (it is what got me into FE after all haha). Conquest is so amazing to play and is a strategic masterpiece imo. And I enjoy it more than FE3H gameplay wise in most aspects. Very high replayability and overall more solid experience. Also I can see what you mean. Fates is such a fun game to meme on and the story has a silly charm to it despite its ridiculousness. Its hard, because for most of the games, I have things I love and dislike about all of them. But thats what makes them all unique to me haha. Fun discussion. I honestly can't wait to play New Mystery Blind and many others I never got to play yet on the channel. Just need to get them to work on my PC lol

On 12/13/2021 at 5:44 PM, TheChoZenOne said:

Oh yeah, just to clarify. Let me rephrase that, I definitely still enjoy gameplay as well, trust me. I adored fates (it is what got me into FE after all haha). Conquest is so amazing to play and is a strategic masterpiece imo. And I enjoy it more than FE3H gameplay wise in most aspects. Very high replayability and overall more solid experience. Also I can see what you mean. Fates is such a fun game to meme on and the story has a silly charm to it despite its ridiculousness. Its hard, because for most of the games, I have things I love and dislike about all of them. But thats what makes them all unique to me haha. Fun discussion. I honestly can't wait to play New Mystery Blind and many others I never got to play yet on the channel. Just need to get them to work on my PC lol

Hey there! Sorry for butting in like that, I tend to do that.

I must agree that Fates has really solid gameplay! The map mechanics change constantly, the pair-up system is made in a very interesting manner and is better telegraphed than its predecessor for strategic planning, the class options are wildly large to create whacky stuff and yet still interesting in the main branch just because of branching classes. Even My Castle, while a little repetitive and long, didn't feel like too much and could be a fun breather. Unfortunately, I'm on the third prong of the triangle here and prefer characters in FE. I'll always have characters I'll favor over any other and I'm fine with simple characters that barely have lines as long as I enjoyed what they provided. Take Hicks from Thracia who's basically just a dad who saw someone that was willing to fight for the children, and decided to follow on to destroy the threat to his son. He has barely any spoken lines, and yet I find his character effective and interesting in the context of the game. However, in Fates they kinda went too intense where every character has to have a million supports even if they're clearly an afterthought and bring nothing new to the table. As it was one of the easiest (if longest) games to fully complete supports, I went and did it, but it definitely left a sour taste. Not that all supports were bad, of course, but the repetitiveness just got to me, and some are really insipid imo. This makes my relationship with Fates a bit weird. Still, it's one of the best to just pick up randomly to have a little fun with, and every run can feel very different.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to play the entirety of Path of Radiance yet (I'm doing a run with my best friend but we're not playing that much together lately so it's kind of on the back-burner for now). I was curious as to why you put it as your favorite actually! I can understand the appeal that the story is quite different from the others (the "evil cult tries to summon/utilize mad dragon so hero must find holy weapon to strike it down" is quite the beloved storyline for the writers of this series) just through hearsay and having played Radiant Dawn, but I don't really have enough experience with it yet to really see its strengths. I was pretty curious about your opinion on it, tbh.

1 hour ago, Lorneus said:

Hey there! Sorry for butting in like that, I tend to do that.

I must agree that Fates has really solid gameplay! The map mechanics change constantly, the pair-up system is made in a very interesting manner and is better telegraphed than its predecessor for strategic planning, the class options are wildly large to create whacky stuff and yet still interesting in the main branch just because of branching classes. Even My Castle, while a little repetitive and long, didn't feel like too much and could be a fun breather. Unfortunately, I'm on the third prong of the triangle here and prefer characters in FE. I'll always have characters I'll favor over any other and I'm fine with simple characters that barely have lines as long as I enjoyed what they provided. Take Hicks from Thracia who's basically just a dad who saw someone that was willing to fight for the children, and decided to follow on to destroy the threat to his son. He has barely any spoken lines, and yet I find his character effective and interesting in the context of the game. However, in Fates they kinda went too intense where every character has to have a million supports even if they're clearly an afterthought and bring nothing new to the table. As it was one of the easiest (if longest) games to fully complete supports, I went and did it, but it definitely left a sour taste. Not that all supports were bad, of course, but the repetitiveness just got to me, and some are really insipid imo. This makes my relationship with Fates a bit weird. Still, it's one of the best to just pick up randomly to have a little fun with, and every run can feel very different.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to play the entirety of Path of Radiance yet (I'm doing a run with my best friend but we're not playing that much together lately so it's kind of on the back-burner for now). I was curious as to why you put it as your favorite actually! I can understand the appeal that the story is quite different from the others (the "evil cult tries to summon/utilize mad dragon so hero must find holy weapon to strike it down" is quite the beloved storyline for the writers of this series) just through hearsay and having played Radiant Dawn, but I don't really have enough experience with it yet to really see its strengths. I was pretty curious about your opinion on it, tbh.

Yes I adore fates as well in the same way very similar. Its like even tho the writing is a bit meh, its such a fun game to just keep coming back to, the gameplay is top tier so it keeps me coming back. PoR is my favorite cuz im a very story driven gamer. And PoR has some of the best writing I ever seen in the series. Ike, Elinica, Sanaki, Jill, Lethe, Mist and many more are some of the most well written characters in the series imo, the supports had me feeling things I never felt when reading supports. Like by the end of each one I was SUPER invested in their stories. The story overall is just solid and very political, and deals with themes like prejudice and how Ike helps everyone on both sides overcome that in a way. Its really cool. Music is amazing, gameplay and maps are pretty solid. Its just a solid experience!! Never played Radiant Dawn. Cant wait to do so tho!! 🙂 And nice to meet you Lorneus. To keep the thread on topic, if you have any recommendations for the PMU (for my backup units) Let me know and I will use the unit and class you pick!! 🙂

Edited by TheChoZenOne

37 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Yes I adore fates as well in the same way very similar. Its like even tho the writing is a bit meh, its such a fun game to just keep coming back to, the gameplay is top tier so it keeps me coming back. PoR is my favorite cuz im a very story driven gamer. And PoR has some of the best writing I ever seen in the series. Ike, Elinica, Sanaki, Jill, Lethe, Mist and many more are some of the most well written characters in the series imo, the supports had me feeling things I never felt when reading supports. Like by the end of each one I was SUPER invested in their stories. The story overall is just solid and very political, and deals with themes like prejudice and how Ike helps everyone on both sides overcome that in a way. Its really cool. Music is amazing, gameplay and maps are pretty solid. Its just a solid experience!! Never played Radiant Dawn. Cant wait to do so tho!! 🙂 And nice to meet you Lorneus. To keep the thread on topic, if you have any recommendations for the PMU (for my backup units) Let me know and I will use the unit and class you pick!! 🙂

Ah, yeah, I didn't make it far into the supports yet either in PoR, I'm looking forward to those! I should get together with him and do this for once XD I think you'll like the story of Radiant Dawn too then! It does have its lacks here and there, but overall, it's very interesting and in the better written of the series, imo. The different story arcs are a very interesting concept too, even though it brings its... annoying situations.

Hmm... don't know if it's been suggested yet, but what about General Manuela? We just got an armor unit of her in FEH now that I think about it so the inspiration probably comes partly from there, but I'd definitely see Manuela take her chance to lead a batallion of men as their general to weasel herself into one's bed, plus she'd look quite clunky with that attire, so it'd be pretty funny imo. And I like ill suited classes in 3H so much. I wanna do a worst class run someday, and a worst prof one too (where you recruit all the students, but have one die each battle to see the other students' reactions).

Oh uh... what difficulty is this again? Sorry in advance if you picked maddening.

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

Hmm... don't know if it's been suggested yet, but what about General Manuela? We just got an armor unit of her in FEH now that I think about it so the inspiration probably comes partly from there, but I'd definitely see Manuela take her chance to lead a batallion of men as their general to weasel herself into one's bed, plus she'd look quite clunky with that attire, so it'd be pretty funny imo. And I like ill suited classes in 3H so much. I wanna do a worst class run someday, and a worst prof one too (where you recruit all the students, but have one die each battle to see the other students' reactions).

Unfortunately, the picks have been chosen for a while now.

Which frustrates me, because this pick is genius and I so wish I had the power to give someone the boot in order to add this. No I'm not relinquishing MY pick though, surely you'll agree War Master Hanneman needs to be preserved.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

surely you'll agree War Master Hanneman needs to be preserved.

You got me there. General Manuela is probably *ahem* too busy to be on the frontlines anyways. And the pacifist old nerdy bookworm as a burly warmaster is perfection.

Actually, what gave me a taste for "general" characters like this was a randomized FE7 run I did once, where the faces and classes got jumbled around. One of my most powerful units was Karel... though he was a general and Had Florina's face. Just imagining this meek girl being all "My blade is my life" with a scowl and a no-nonsense attitude, all clad in armor as one off my bulkiest units, leading armies just had something so... magical.

I liked it enough to draw her one time actually. Had to resize it a billion times so I'm hoping it'll still be viewable. 

And I'm going off topic again, aren't I? I do that way too often XD

general florina 2.jpg

4 hours ago, Lorneus said:

You got me there. General Manuela is probably *ahem* too busy to be on the frontlines anyways. And the pacifist old nerdy bookworm as a burly warmaster is perfection.

Actually, what gave me a taste for "general" characters like this was a randomized FE7 run I did once, where the faces and classes got jumbled around. One of my most powerful units was Karel... though he was a general and Had Florina's face. Just imagining this meek girl being all "My blade is my life" with a scowl and a no-nonsense attitude, all clad in armor as one off my bulkiest units, leading armies just had something so... magical.

I liked it enough to draw her one time actually. Had to resize it a billion times so I'm hoping it'll still be viewable. 

And I'm going off topic again, aren't I? I do that way too often XD

general florina 2.jpg

Cute art haha and its alright. I will add Armored Maunela to the backup units so if someone dies she will definitely be one of the picks!!

So update to our PMU. I unfortunately failed my iron man (We were SO close too, I did really well and it was definitely possible, just made a tactical error) So I am even MORE excited for this PMU, cuz this will be the iron man we will try to WIN!! With even more stakes now!! So I decided I will be picking one specific unit to use. No worries. Its not a big change. I decided I will use Dancer Edelgard again as I think thats a handicap u guys would appreciate anyway. Plus imo, hot take,  It think its an amazing class for her. I want to complete an iron man with this, so we gotta do it again!! I compensated by bringing back some of YOUR picks tho 👀 So here is my team:

Mortal Savant Hapi

Warmaster Hanneman

Dancer Edelgard

Swordmaster Raphael

Holy Knight Ingrid

Trickster Jeritza

Wyvern Lord Annette is back!!

Warrior Constance is back!!

Valkyrie Lysithea

Sniper Mercedes

Dismounted Falcon Knight Byleth 🤣

Paladin Hubert

This is the team I am comfortable with based on thinking on it more and all the choices you guys picked.

Current backup units:

Warrior Ignatz

Fortress Knight Manuela

Edited by TheChoZenOne

On 12/19/2021 at 12:14 AM, TheChoZenOne said:

I unfortunately failed my iron man

Heh. Why in the name of Arceus am I NOT surprised. . .??? I mean, Maddening is brutal enough as is, why in the seven hells do you need to make it an ironman???

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Heh. Why in the name of Arceus am I NOT surprised. . .??? I mean, Maddening is brutal enough as is, why in the seven hells do you need to make it an ironman???

Bro, I was at the very end. It wasn't because of it being on Maddening or necessarily even being an iron man. It was because of a tactical error I made. It was entirely doable if you actually watched my run. I was literally right at the end of the final map. Lol

On 12/20/2021 at 2:27 PM, TheChoZenOne said:

Bro, I was at the very end. It wasn't because of it being on Maddening or necessarily even being an iron man. It was because of a tactical error I made. It was entirely doable if you actually watched my run. I was literally right at the end of the final map. Lol

Still, from the moment I heard you were doing this, I thought "wow, you are in WAY over your head". And you gotta admit, seeing you fail the first chapter doesn't exactly inspire confidence, to say the least. (for what it's worth, I have been watching, but I'm not near the end yet, only in part 6)

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Still, from the moment I heard you were doing this, I thought "wow, you are in WAY over your head". And you gotta admit, seeing you fail the first chapter doesn't exactly inspire confidence, to say the least. (for what it's worth, I have been watching, but I'm not near the end yet, only in part 6)

Why? The first chapter is difficult if not aware how to do it correctly,  (which I didn't at first, that was on me). What does that have to do with completeing the run tho? You are so completely underleveled in that map in comparison to any map in the game so it shouldn't determine how the rest of the run will go just cuz I simply lost on a map that most do who don't know how to play it lol. Its so easy to get screwed over by for first time maddeners (or someone like me who didn't really remember how I did it the first time on previous runs)

Chapter 1 is possible if you know what you are doing. I practically learned how to tackle it now and its fairly easy now that I do. xD Still don't get how my iron man is so unbelieveable. Its not even that crazy. This game isn't even that hard tbh. It's been entirely doable so far. I mean I am thankful for all that I learned and what I practiced but people REALLY need to stop thinking FE3H is like this unfair mess to iron man.  Especially CF at the very least. All it takes is a bit of studying of the way the game works and knowing the spawns and its pretty fair from there on. It was my first maddening iron man on a route that I never even PLAYED before and I made it to the final map, with no major issue tbh. I probably could have had more units by the end if I didn't get reckless by the second to last chapter haha, but overall, it was really fun and definitely doable. More people should try it out. Its not as hard as you think. 👍

Edited by TheChoZenOne

The PMU playthrough has started by the way!! If you want to see the updates on the actual LP stream, follow this forum: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/95690-fe3h-pmu-iron-man-playthrough/

Thank you for all your wonderful picks everyone!! ❤

On 12/22/2021 at 2:40 AM, TheChoZenOne said:

Why? The first chapter is difficult if not aware how to do it correctly,  (which I didn't at first, that was on me). What does that have to do with completeing the run tho? You are so completely underleveled in that map in comparison to any map in the game so it shouldn't determine how the rest of the run will go just cuz I simply lost on a map that most do who don't know how to play it lol. Its so easy to get screwed over by for first time maddeners (or someone like me who didn't really remember how I did it the first time on previous runs)

Chapter 1 is possible if you know what you are doing. I practically learned how to tackle it now and its fairly easy now that I do. xD Still don't get how my iron man is so unbelieveable. Its not even that crazy. This game isn't even that hard tbh. It's been entirely doable so far. I mean I am thankful for all that I learned and what I practiced but people REALLY need to stop thinking FE3H is like this unfair mess to iron man.  Especially CF at the very least. All it takes is a bit of studying of the way the game works and knowing the spawns and its pretty fair from there on. It was my first maddening iron man on a route that I never even PLAYED before and I made it to the final map, with no major issue tbh. I probably could have had more units by the end if I didn't get reckless by the second to last chapter haha, but overall, it was really fun and definitely doable. More people should try it out. Its not as hard as you think. 👍

You seriously trying to tell me you didn't know that aggroing the whole map was doomed to end poorly with the stat scale of the enemies? Because one look at the enemies' stats would be more than enough to tell me that that is the absolute worst thing I could do (ffs, when I can't expect my units to take enemy units in fair fights, having the whole map coming at you is more like setting off a goddamn avalanche); by the way, the game actually gives a hint as to how best to approach the situation. All this being said, I know early game hell as a concept ain't new, but still... 

That makes one of us. Sorry, but I don't share your (groundless) over-optimism. Especially since you happened to pick the one route where you don't have to do THAT map. Second, you were on New Game+. Which begs the question... Do you honestly think you would have gotten as far as you did if you were playing on a fresh file? ...Because I very highly doubt it.

9 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

You seriously trying to tell me you didn't know that aggroing the whole map was doomed to end poorly with the stat scale of the enemies? Because one look at the enemies' stats would be more than enough to tell me that that is the absolute worst thing I could do (ffs, when I can't expect my units to take enemy units in fair fights, having the whole map coming at you is more like setting off a goddamn avalanche); by the way, the game actually gives a hint as to how best to approach the situation. All this being said, I know early game hell as a concept ain't new, but still... 

That makes one of us. Sorry, but I don't share your (groundless) over-optimism. Especially since you happened to pick the one route where you don't have to do THAT map. Second, you were on New Game+. Which begs the question... Do you honestly think you would have gotten as far as you did if you were playing on a fresh file? ...Because I very highly doubt it.

So now you are just insulting how I took on the first map? I literally said why. I don't know why you have to be so obnoxious tho. A silly mistake on Chapter 1 cuz I'm simply not caring much about that map or its affect on the overall iron man or how it's supposed to be played shouldn't be taken SO seriously. Idc much cuz if I fail in that map, its literally right at the beginning so it doesn't affect me in the slightest. I really don't even start the iron man until after that map realistically, (Though I did still try to learn it and yes, DID do it successfully. SORRY I didn't know the trigger for them charging you, its okay to learn too, you know?). I don't care if you share this opinion or not. You do you. Just let me do my iron man and have my own opinion. Also it's not groundless, I literally went on a whole rant on my latest video giving all my points on why I stand by my opinion so don't make it sound "objective" that my opinion is wrong and be petty saying its groundless, when I made points for my arguement. I never told you my thoughts on chapter 13 and have explained this MANY times as the reason I did CF in the first place, so dont make assumptions. When I give this opinion I am referring to the GENERAL scope of iron manning Three Houses. That means Hard difficulty too, you know? It also means no restrictions like non-New Game+, no dlc etc.. I'm obviously saying iron manning is fine when using ALL the tools you can use so idk why people think I mean otherwise. And that last comment was unnecessary and honestly very rude. I did do it on New Game+ to make it more doable, so I don't know why you are using it to insult my skill.... low blow, not nice at all. Please just leave me alone. Ngl you're comments kinda always make this unfun for me. And this is a video game, I want to have fun with it and just entertain everyone with my challenge run, that's all. I try to be patient and not to be harsh when replying to you. But, comments like these just make doing any of this not worth it, cuz you just constantly make me feel like I'm some kind of "wierdo" just for having my own opinion on this. Instead of rooting for or at the very least commending me for even having the guts to do it in the first place. (regardless if anyone thinks its a fair run or not, you don't have to.) You instead want to just constantly make me feel bad about it.... Enjoy the playthrough for what it is if you want to. But please just stop insulting me at FE. I think I can say I know FE3H a little more than the average player after the amount of times I played it lol.... Just saying.

Edited by TheChoZenOne

6 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Ngl you're comments kinda always make this unfun for me. And this is a video game, I want to have fun with it and just entertain everyone with my challenge run, that's all. I try to be patient and not to be harsh when replying to you. But, comments like these just make doing any of this not worth it, cuz you just constantly make me feel like I'm some kind of "wierdo" just for having my own opinion on this. Instead of rooting for or at the very least commending me for even having the guts to do it in the first place. (regardless if anyone thinks its a fair run or not, you don't have to.) You instead want to just constantly make me feel bad about it.... Enjoy the playthrough for what it is if you want to. But please just stop insulting me at FE. I think I can say I know FE3H a little more than the average player after the amount of times I played it lol.... Just saying.

Sorry for butting in, but... Don't mind that guy. It'd be a shame if you let a rude post or two ruin your enjoyment of your ironman. I mean heck, you may have new game+ and everything, but on the other hand you have to make stuff like Warmaster Hanneman work, so... Personally, I think it evens out. And even if it didn't, who cares. Let people play however they want. Ultimately, games exist to have fun. There's a time and a place to discuss the quality of the game itself, and that's not here, I would say. So yeah, what I'm saying is, don't mind the haters. Besides, if I had to speak personally, the run's being fun enough to get me to watch a Three Houses stream, and you know how I feel about that game...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sorry for butting in, but... Don't mind that guy. It'd be a shame if you let a rude post or two ruin your enjoyment of your ironman. I mean heck, you may have new game+ and everything, but on the other hand you have to make stuff like Warmaster Hanneman work, so... Personally, I think it evens out. And even if it didn't, who cares. Let people play however they want. Ultimately, games exist to have fun. There's a time and a place to discuss the quality of the game itself, and that's not here, I would say. So yeah, what I'm saying is, don't mind the haters. Besides, if I had to speak personally, the run's being fun enough to get me to watch a Three Houses stream, and you know how I feel about that game...

Thank you. I appreciate this a lot. It was truly nice to see you having fun in the PMU stream with us. I agree 100%. We can all debate this some day, but not now. I will probably make a seperate forum after the run giving my FULL thoughts and reasoning so everyone can actually see where I am coming from with all this. Haha That'll be when you guys are free to get crazy on me lol xD Anyways, thanks bro. Merry Christmas Eve 🙂