FE12 Maniac PMU: The Funky Sequel

Shaky Jones

New Mystery has 77 playable characters. That's a lot, but let's be real. Almost everyone uses the same 10-20 units throughout their runs, ignoring the people who really matter. That has to end now. What gives Palla more popularity than someone like Dice? Stats? Availability? Thighs? Get outta here. I demand equality for all DSFE units. As such, I hope to deliver a PMU in which everyone can gain the recognition they deserve. If you want classics like the whitewings, that's fair. I'll use them. They are the og after all. But I ask that you think about the underdogs here. As the tilte says, this will be a maniac run. Why? They call me Mr. Maniac. Someone else bought the rights to Dr. Lunatic. Don't ask. Long story.

Free units: 

Spoiler

1. Marth

2. Avatar Unit: Whoever chooses them gets to choose basically everything. Class, gender, history, name, even their face if you want. The only thing I will limit is that Kris has to be a physical unit. I really don't want to be stuck with healer Kris, or Cord forbid, male Mage Kris...They're a free unit since technically they don't have to be deployed in most maps, but that would be a waste of a good meme.

3. General Arran: He's a Jagen who will undoubtedly fall of not too far in the game, so he's more of a temporary unit while I try to get all the PMU drafts. General because tank with silver lance sets up easy kills.

4. Malicia's Hammerne Staff: Not the girl herself. Just her staff. If not drafted or placed into a class who can't use staves, I can still bring her as a cleric whenever I need to use it.

PMU Rules:

Spoiler

1. I will be drafting 12 13 units, giving me a total of 14 15 units (not including Arran). As FE12 doesn't let you bring you bring that many per map, a few might get dropped near the end.

2. You may draft 2 units at a time, unless it's Kris. Since he adds up to 13 drafts, and getting Kris as your victim to completely mess with is much more impactful, I think it's fair to count him as 2 units.

3. The 2nd male class options are available. You may choose just about any class for all units. There are only 3 sub-rules I'll place for this as a limit:

1. I won't reclass a physical unit into a magical unit past chapter 11, preferably much earlier if given someone like that. 

2. I must have a healer by the end of chapter 4.

3. I won't use more than 3 magic users. This includes all types of them: Mage, Cleric, and Dark Mage.

if you want to be nice, you'll give me classes with higher speed caps over an army of Generals and Dracoknights

You can ask for drafted units to reclass onto something else upon promotion, as long as they retain 1 weapon rank from their previous drafted class or their original class

(i.e. Myrmidon to Paladin, Hunter to Warrior, Cavalier to Swordmaster, etc)

4. The usage of dlc items such as rainbow potions and growth drops are allowed. Similarly, the lunatic stat boosters in the base shop are also allowed. Go crazy with the drafts.

5. The arena is banned.

6. I will attempt to recruit all units, but will not make it a requirement. I can bring undrafted units purely for recruitment's sake, but they cannot battle in this scenario.

7. Undrafted units are allowed to fight in their joining chapter, but it will be kept to a minimum. Some units require taking action of in order to save.

8. Drafted units will be allowed to fight in their base class if joining in the middle of the chapter rather than appearing at the start in your base.

9. The PMU officially starts at chapter 1.

While not necessary, I'd appreciate having at least 1 member of the 7th platoon to have, so the early game isn't purely a Kris+Marth solo. 

10. I won't use more than 3 units from the Altea arc onwards (Chapter 15 and beyond). I want a majority of my army to be training throughout the Anri arc (funny dragons)

11. This will indeed be on Maniac Mode. Trust me, I was considering Lunatic, but that harshly limit drafts, and the point of this is to express your kindness to all your lovely obscure units you wish more people loved.

12. The only units that are banned from being drafted are the 4 clerics at endgame.

13. It's important to know that I am basing this run off of my last PMU, in which certain characters like Bord, Catria, Macellan, and Palla have canonically died. Of course you can still draft them, but I will be forced to invent some type of zombie/necromancy plot to the PMU (or I can pretend they never really died, if you like that cliché). Is that what you want? please say no

I think you should know that this is a sequel to a previous PMU I did back in October. As such, I will be re-using certain plot elements from it. Yes, I made up my own stupid plot. Everyone knows FE plots can use some improvements, and improved it I have. Here's a SparkNotes summary for those who haven't read through it:

Spoiler

The history of Altea is a bit different from what you remember. Marth and his family line aren't the real royalty of the kingdom. It used to be Barst's family line. However, he sadly passed away in the middle of his ruling over his country. Specifically, he was gunned down by a firing squad of IRS members, then thrown off the mountains of Macedon, set on fire, and was used to fuel coal mining factories. He didn't pay his taxes. With no heir to rule Altea, he entrusted the kingdom to his best retainer, Cord. Cord's new retainers were Bord and Marth, eventually getting Darros to join in as a 3rd. With a lack of funds to soothe the wrath of the IRS, he sets out on a journey to get cash money$. He does this through the 500IQ play of creating and selling crypto, Cordcoin. The value only goes up. It goes pretty well, and at some point, he was tasked with returning Princess Nyna to her home kingdom, Archanea, thus placing Aurelis in his debt. Eventually, Grust took over his kingdom while he was gone because he forgot to place any guards there since he's never played Genealogy, so he had to take it back and got a cool promotion out of it. Afterwards, the conflict was seemingly over, but Cord decided that enough was enough. Rather than sit by and let taxes govern their country from fear and robbery of the working class, he chose to destroy the IRS entirely, declaring a full scale war with them, as to avenge the old king Barst. It was daunting, they even had to face the Sable Tax Collectors, Michalis the 1337 gamer of Macedon, and a crap ton of government dragon-men, but he and his army prevailed. However, near the very end, Bord was killed by an ambush dragon. He sacrificed his life to save his friends who would've otherwise been eaten alive, or get evicted from their homes. He was a hero, despite his overall poor performance as a unit throughout the run. 

Here's randon info: Marth's dad is Samson, Minerva is an edgy girlboss gamer weeb, Maria is a dream stan, Catria and Palla died in chapter 7, Est has a huge crush on Marth, Caeda broke up with Marth years ago, and is now with Roger, Matthis is a blood crazed serial killer, Altea has been renamed to Cord Castle, Dolph was forced to kill Macellan who was in a blind rage when their parents were killed by the IRS, Starlight only has 3 uses, and it has the ability to destroy any website of your choosing. It only has 1 use left now. Everything else is probably not important. Read the actual PMU if you really care about the specifics. I promise it's not too cringe. Okay it is, but maybe you'll laugh?

PMU Team:

Spoiler

1. Marth

2. Fighter->Berserker "Cord" (AU)

3. Horseman Warren

4. Falconknight Catria

5. Fighter->Hero Bord

6. Cavalier->Hunter->General Matthis

7. Curate->Sorcerer Wrys

8. Fighter->Berserker Yubello

9. Sniper Norne

10. Horseman Samtuelo

11. Bantu...

12. Hero Belf

13.Bishop Frost

14. Swordmaster Astram

15. General Sheema.

Arran will be dropped at some point

My money's on Matthis and Bord.

This should be a funny run. 

also, let me use this time to tell anyone reading this who is considering to replay DSFE to use Cord and/or Darros use them use them use th

Edited by Shaky Jones
took a while to sort out, but this is the official team

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Dolph was forced to kill Macellan who was in a blind rage when their parents were killed by the IRS

Time to follow the run.

Time to ruin it as well! I have faith that someone will add Est, so I shall nstead request the use of Warren. Has anyone ever used Warren? I don't tink anyone has. I'll let you choose his classes, though! I can't remember what classes he'd have access to, (IIRC it would be Fighter, Pirate, Knight, Dark Mage, Hoonter?) but maybe he can become a superhero through versatility.

He ain't my favorite unit, but nobody would mention him, so may as well.

The time has come.

Join the Frost club today, Jones.

As for the second one, I am hopeful that someone else will give you Warrior Yubello, so I will instead propose one of my fondest memories in this game: General Matthis. Use any number of unpromoted classes you may require to train him (I find merc works well), but promote him into a general. Back in my FE12 LP, this was by far the happiest surprise of the run. He was completely and utterly invincible until like, two maps from the end, when magic became more commonplace. Now, I can only hope he turns out half as well for you.

Good luck!

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Has anyone ever used Warren? I don't tink anyone has.

Someone has. Two people in this thread, in fact. One of them the OP. Sooo uh, yeah. Oof.

Also, you get two picks, Ben. You've only used one up.

16 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Matthis is a blood crazed serial killer

Oh this is absolutely wonderful. In my own canon he became leader of Archanea's armies, but now I'm curious as to how he got to this point.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I've been saving this one ever since you mentioned doing an FE12 PMU.

Heroism demands style, finesse, and fine taste in beverages. For this reason, I chose Belf, and his class with be Mercenary -> Hero. This is because his glistening silver collar matches perfectly with GBA heroes Raven and Linus.

Warren is fun, I'm glad somebody chose him. I'll come up with my second pick later or just donate it to Ruben.

21 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I adore Catria, so enjoy your Falcoknight.

Awesome, we have a zombie right off the bat.

22 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I adore Catria, so enjoy your Falcoknight

Wow. One OP unit right off the bat. Now I have no excuse for messing up the run. 

22 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I also enjoy seeing Norne being used to her full potential, so enjoy her as a Sniper too

I remember using sage Norne in an FE11 run once. Good times. I wonder if her supports are anything to write home about. 

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The time has come.

Join the Frost club today, Jones

There it is...

Ruben, you do know that there's a very good chance I'm going to have Frost take down both Gharnef and Medeus, yes? Your Frost status might get challenged.

General Matthis. Use any number of unpromoted classes you may require to train him (I find merc works well), but promote him into a general.

Matthis makes his grand return. Well with the ability to reclass him freely in the first phase, I am obligated to have him cap everything by endgame. I mean, I literally got him to God status in FE11, so he HAS to match up here. I dont want to go too crazy with reclassing, so I think I'll mainly stick to Cav and hunter for weapon ranks. Oh shoot, I just got an idea for how to integrate this....

Someone has. Two people in this thread, in fact. One of them the OP. Sooo uh, yeah. Oof.

Yep. Warren's neat. Used him an ironman I recently finished. You can ask for someone else if you want, or you can ask for a different class than the usual hunter. Also yes, you get 2 picks.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Heroism demands style, finesse, and fine taste in beverages. For this reason, I chose Belf, and his class with be Mercenary -> Hero. This is because his glistening silver collar matches perfectly with GBA heroes Raven and Linus

I never thought anyone would apply GBA graphics to that of DSFE. That's just a very cool reason. Belf it is. 

2 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Warren is fun, I'm glad somebody chose him. I'll come up with my second pick later or just donate it to Ruben

Wooow Unknown Stat. Just donating a pick. To be fair, I'm sure Ruben would be more than happy to have drafted my entire team. I'll ask everyone to leave one spot available in case you come up with something else.

4 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Awesome, we have a zombie right off the bat.

Dammit...

13 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

or just donate it to Ruben

YES

Warrior Yubello

Warrior Yubello

Warrior Yubell-- ok no just kidding, I wouldn't want to steal your pick like that. It'd be... Unprofessional.

...if you care for a suggestion, however... Warrior Yubello! Warrior Yubello!

8 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Ruben, you do know that there's a very good chance I'm going to have Frost take down both Gharnef and Medeus, yes? Your Frost status might get challenged.

You wouldn't dare. You'd be forcing me to take drastic measures.

10 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

Ban-... oh c´mon.

Make Bantu a free unit.

10 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

Oh well, I know nothing about FE:NM except that it looks like SD with more fun stuff, but if possible do give the SD paralogue victims a chance to shine - Frey and Norne.

Since Sal already picked Norne, you might have to chose someone else for your second pick. Gonna pick a different class for Frey?

9 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I never thought anyone would apply GBA graphics to that of DSFE. That's just a very cool reason. Belf it is. 

Well, it's the reason for his class. The reason for Belf himself is that I'm personally fascinated by him and his crew. Immaculate fashion aside, they're often overlooked even though they're not bad- they're perfectly solid filler/replacement units, the kind of guys you'd legitimately appreciate in an ironman. I mean, if you're bad- like I am.

11 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Wooow Unknown Stat. Just donating a pick. To be fair, I'm sure Ruben would be more than happy to have drafted my entire team. I'll ask everyone to leave one spot available in case you come up with something else.

I'm a loose canon like that, but yeah. I have to think about it some, I don't want to leave out Cord and Darros, but there are a bunch of other tempting options.

Like Berserker Yubello.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You wouldn't dare. You'd be forcing me to take drastic measures.

Frost solo when?

21 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

To be fair, I'm sure Ruben would be more than happy to have drafted my entire team.

Naaaaaah. That'd feel unfair. Besides, given you've already experienced the joys of Tomas, I'd just need an extra slot to fit both Warrior Yubello and General Matthis alongside the Frost club membership card. Those two are my fondest memories with this game. Matthis carried my FE12 LP, Yubello carried my first lunatic run. Godspeed, both of you.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

The reason for Belf himself is that I'm personally fascinated by him and his crew. Immaculate fashion aside, they're often overlooked even though they're not bad- they're perfectly solid filler/replacement units, the kind of guys you'd legitimately appreciate in an ironman. I mean, if you're bad- like I am.

This right here is the reason why I've been using Leiden for years. At first I didn't even plan to. It just kept happening. With Frey in particular, too. Two or three times, I wanted to use Frey, but then I'd lose him in a dumb way and Leiden would join with his wonderful bases and I'd be like "yeah, you work."

In a game with rather lopsided unit balance, I must say that these guys are designed perfectly. That, and their jackets are the coolest thing ever. I want a jacket like that.

4 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'm a loose canon like that, but yeah. I have to think about it some, I don't want to leave out Cord and Darros, but there are a bunch of other tempting options.

Like Berserker Yubello.

Hey just sayin', I'll take Zerkerbello. Zerkerbello sounds like it'd be just as funny.

Just now, FlyingKitsune said:

You should use Astram.

Okay though, this has to be the most cruel demand I've seen in the entire thread. Wow. You're heartless.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay though, this has to be the most cruel demand I've seen in the entire thread. Wow. You're heartless.

What can I say? I like his armor. I swear this isn't me wanting to ruin this run.

23 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

Fighter Bord demands a spot, though you can re class him to hero once he promotes.

I might be a massive Cord fan, but I can't go neglecting Bord. He actually was pretty decent in New Mystery for me last time I used him.

You can pick a 2nd unit if you want.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Warrior Yubello

Warrior Yubello

I feel like I have to do it so Ruben doesn't cry to sleep for the rest of the month, but I'm not sure under whose name I'd draft them in...

25 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Like Berserker Yubello

A lot of weight is on your shoulders.

17 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

You should use Astram

Well crap

40 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

Ban-... oh c´mon.

Buddy I dont know HOW he could work. Dude has a very limited weapon, cant reclass, and has the worst growths ever. Like, it genuinely sounds impossible.

40 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

but if possible do give the SD paralogue victims a chance to shine - Frey and Norne.

Norne is chosen, so you can ask for someone else, but I've gotten plenty of picks so I cant guarentee they'll get in. Got any class in mind for Frey? There's always basic cav if you want vanilla SD class.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey just sayin', I'll take Zerkerbello. Zerkerbello sounds like it'd be just as funny.

Zerkbello would have 4 more speed, which would be quite appreciated. Well Mr Speed?

11 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

What can I say? I like his armor. I swear this isn't me wanting to ruin this run.

Oh so you're challenging me? I will not be stopped by some mere prepromote! Watch me.

Okay there's 9 picks so far. Jimmy and benice can pick 1 more, and AnonymousSpeed can choose another or go with Ruben's pick. The last one I guess would be on Kris. Of course, some don't need to pick two. I mean, flying kitsune only chose 1, but to be fair, they're trying to kill me with Astram. I might forfeit a few 2nd picks if there's too many picks, but it hopefully won't come to that 

Edited by Shaky Jones

6 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Well... I like his armor too, but Astram is beaten by like, Bantu and Vyland when it comes to being utterly worthless. It's rather hilarious how much better it is to kill him for his sword.

6 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I feel like I have to do it so Ruben doesn't cry to sleep for the rest of the month, but I'm not sure under whose name I'd draft them in...

No, no, come now. I wouldn't cry myself to sleep for the rest of the month.

Only the rest of the week. And the week after. That still leaves a couple weeks!

6 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Buddy I dont know HOW he could work. Dude has a very limited weapon, cant reclass, and has the worst growths ever. Like, it genuinely sounds impossible.

This sounds an awful lot like a dare.

My dare senses are tingling.

Quick, someone else relinquish a pick slot to me.

7 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Oh so you're challenging me? I will not be stopped by some mere prepromote! Watch me.

I would be amazed if you made something out of Astram. Please try your best.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This sounds an awful lot like a dare.

My dare senses are tingling.

Quick, someone else relinquish a pick slot to me.

You know what? I'll use Astram and Frost. You use Bantu and Darros. Fair? Not like I'm gonna use him here, unless Benice or Jimmy drafts them. I might name my avatar Cord to cope💀.

Edited by Shaky Jones

1 minute ago, Shaky Jones said:

You know what? I'll use Astram and Frost. You use Bantu and Darros. Fair?

No wait, you can't do that. There isn't a counter skill in this game. There aren't skills at all! Stop!

1 minute ago, Shaky Jones said:

I might name my avatar Cord to cope💀.

"Can I have Cord?"

"No, we have Cord at home."

Cord at home:

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, Kris is free.

The Cord stan himself shall be a Fighter -> Berserker

Wait, you mean you want me to make and name the avatar Cord himself? Damn. I guess I'll make the avatar try too look like him as much as possible. You want to choose his history or do I go with whatever? I could go for optimal stats, or whatever sounds like what Cord's history is, or just do what you want me to input.

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I hope I am not too late for entries, and it sounds like you let us suggest two, so lets go with...

Sheema, and Jake.

I'll keep your drafts in mind, but we are getting rather full. Specifically, a few people haven't made their 2nd pick, so I'm debating between dropping later picks or just going with their first choice. Well see.

The list is officially full for any new picks.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No wait, you can't do that. There isn't a counter skill in this game. There aren't skills at all! Stop!

They call me Skill Skull

Edited by Shaky Jones

4 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Wait, you mean you want me to make and name the avatar Cord himself? Damn. I guess I'll make the avatar try too look like him as much as possible. You want to choose his history or do I go with whatever? I could go for optimal stats, or whatever sounds like what Cord's history is, or just do what you want me to input.

With being maniac, you kinda can. But I suggest at least either Noble's Child or Orphan for his past (on be basis of being a retainer in this timeline) and you're open from there.

Name him and make him look some way like he's Cord at home (this does not have to be his name).

6 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I'm not picking a second unit btw so there's a free slot.

Noted. There's 9 out of 12 chosen drafts. JimmyFE, Benice, AnonymousSpeed, and Imuabicus only have 1 in. The speed meister definitely wants to pick a 2nd, so I'll count his as a saved slot. Theres also Kadath's picks, who I md rather not leave completely left out. I might consider picking 1 for Kadath, preferably Jake, and then see who really wants a 2nd pick. Worst case scenario, I go for 13 and lose my sanity, but I think we can reach a compromise. Glad to see how many people are passionate about this. Brings a tear to my eye. Or It would, if I had any.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Name him and make him look some way like he's Cord at home

I'm just going to make him Cord then. His bloated stats will serve as his accomplishments from the previous adventure. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

May we see the list, or is it not yet ready?

Gotta wait for those who chose 1. AnonymousSpeed still hasn't decided if he's going for your ZerkerBello, Darros, or maybe some other unit. 

I might consider picking 1 for Kadath, preferably Jake,

How dare you. Sheema is so cool.

and then see who really wants a 2nd pick.

I know someone who would really like a 4th pick.

Glad to see how many people are passionate about this. Brings a tear to my eye. Or It would, if I had any.

FE12 has that kind of fanbase. You look from afar and it looks like cobwebs are growing on the corners, but when it counts, we pop out of the woodwork en masse.