FE12 Maniac PMU: The Funky Sequel

Shaky Jones

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How dare you. Sheema is so cool.

Haha, I knew you wouldn't like hearing that. I mean, I already have Frost and Astram to work with, so I guess I was hoping fir less late gamers, but I will agree that Sheema is much cooler, and I never saw her supports. Hold on. Had to make an edit. Jimmy requested Sheema. So I might make that both his 2nd and Kadath's pick. 2 birds with one stone? So will there be any reclassing or nah?

FE12 has that kind of fanbase. You look from afar and it looks like cobwebs are growing on the corners, but when it counts, we pop out of the woodwork en masse.

To be fair, thats exactly how I came about being a part of Serenes. 

know someone who would really like a 4th pick.

...oh. And who would that be Mr Frost Man?

Edited by Shaky Jones

1 minute ago, Shaky Jones said:

Haha, I knew you wouldn't like hearing that. I mean, I already have Frost and Astram to work with, so I guess I was hoping fir less late gamers, but I will agree that Sheema is much cooler, and I never saw her supports. Hpw about I let Kadath decide which of the 2 they prefer.

Well...

6 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

My second pick will be Sheema since I don't know who else.

Looks like our little dilemma has sorted itself out.

To be fair, thats exactly how I came about being a part of Serenes. 

Heh. Actually? Same. I remember finding Serenes by running into the old Rate the Unit threads for New Mystery, all those years ago.

...oh. And who would that be Mr Frost Man?

Roshea.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heh. Actually? Same. I remember finding Serenes by running into the old Rate the Unit threads for New Mystery, all those years ago.

Now I'm wondering how I came across the Serenes Forest. I can't seem to remember how I came upon this place. 

11 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

If Samson is Marth's dad, doesn't that make Sheema his mom, kind of?

I guess that random line I had in SD will actually mean something here. Totally my plan all along. I am an astounding writer.

Looks like our little dilemma has sorted itself out.

Okay so it's 10. I still want to hold Speed's choice. Maybe I'll give it to Ruben for his precious Yubello if he can't decide (no pressure, sorry), so that leaves 1. If I assume Kadath's partial request with Sheema works out, then that leaves any 2nd pick for either Benice or Imuabicus. Also, Warren, Sheema, and Frey were not given a class, so you can ask to reclass them, or I can just leave them to their base class. Flying Kitsune said "Do what you wish", so I'm assuming that means I choose their class. In that case, they will be a swordmaster. This way, he can actually have the speed to NOT get immediately double'd and 1RKO'd. I have plenty of heroes already. 

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Roshea.

How did I not see that coming? Someone please, do not give this man 4 picks. 

Okay so it's 10. I still want to hold Speed's choice. Maybe I'll give it to Ruben for his precious Yubello if he can't decide (no pressure, sorry), so that leaves 1. If I assume Kadath's partial request with Sheema works out, then that leaves any 2nd pick for either Benice or Imuabicus.

We might want to ping them. Draw their attention in case they're not following the thread too closely.

@Benice @Imuabicus Just a friendly reminder that you two still have an extra pick. If you do not choose, your picks may fall on me, and that will doom Jones to a fate worse than death: Use Roshea. Is that what you want? No pressure, though. No rush, take your time.

How did I not see that coming?

I unironically love his supports. The kid's great.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you do not choose, your picks may fall on me, and that will doom Jones to a fate worse than death: Use Roshea. Is that what you want? No pressure, though. No rush, take your time.

Wait no no no this isn't fair I said I'd only use 3 units from the 2nd half of FE12, are Frost, Sheema, and Astram not enough!?!?

Also, good idea. Thanks. It's not like we're really in a rush. I'm still gonna wait a little while before actually starting the run. Got math finals next week. I'll get the things set up, but don't expect a full LP immediately. Maybe I'll get the prologue and chapter 1 out of the way this weekend if I do start then.

2 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

I guess that random line I had in SD will actually mean something here. Totally my plan all along. I am an astounding writer.

Probably not his biological mother, but you know how these family situations are.

Can I get a rundown of the party so far before I make my final choice?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just a friendly reminder that you two still have an extra pick.

If Benice wants Est in, it looks like he'll have to pick her himself.

15 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Can I get a rundown of the party so far before I make my final choice?

You got it chief

Here's how the rosters looking so far:

1. Marth.

2. "Cord" (AU)

3. Falconknight Catria

4. Warren (unspecified class)

5. Fighter->Hero Bord

6. Cav->Hunter->General Matthis (basic class subject to change)

7. Frey (unspecified)

8. Sniper Norne

9. Hero Belf

10. Frost (Presumably bishop)

11. Swordmaster Astram

12. Sheema (unspecified)

2 more picks. One for you, and the last is probably between Benice or Imuabicus, unless neither want it, but I don't think I can handle Ruben controlling this entire LP.

Wow I do not have a lot of early game units. I only have 6 units until chapter 6. I guess "Cord" can do most of the heavy work, but I definitely think I have enough late game units. And I also just realized I have no healer at all until Frost. Yeah no, I'm not waiting THAT long to heal. Heck, I kinda need at least 2 healers for strats with again and rescue, especially without a dancer. I dont want to pressure you into giving me an early healer, so instead I'll ask that either Benice gives me an early game healer or that I add a 13th slot for one. I did mention in the rules that I want one drafted by the end of chapter 4, since you'd have 2 normally at that point. And with no one really being a tank, I might need a healer from the start. I guess Benice could theoretically ask for curate Warren, which would be sweet to see. He's such a shy guy.

55 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

You got it chief

Thanks mate.

Now, I went over a lot of ideas in my head. I considered a Clone Cord. I thought about giving you Cecil or Ryan, since you mentioned wanting someone from the 7th Platoon. I considered Darros (who's probably been sent on some far off mission by Cord given his recruitment in this game), Yuberso, an early healer.

Yet there really was no one else I could give you. A man bearing my own name. A dashing figure of unmatched skill.

I give you Sam...to, uel, whatever it is at this point.

I'm gonna wait until Warren and Frey get their classes picked before deciding on his role, but I'm thinking either Fighter -> Hero or Hunter -> Horseman. Something to use that good sword rank on promotion.

Darros better get recruited, even if you don't use him.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I give you Sam...to, uel, whatever it is at this point.

Chapter 6 cannot come soon enough. My army will increase by a third of my total army. Poor Ruben. We probably aint getting Fighter Yubello.

I sure hope it's the hunter route. Bows are real nice in this game, horseman have high speed cap, and I already got a lotta fighters and heroes.

I'm fine with no Darros to use. Hes a lot cooler in SD imo, since he got very bizarre growths there. Of course, I think he's still awesome in New Mystery.

12 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Buddy I dont know HOW he could work. Dude has a very limited weapon, cant reclass, and has the worst growths ever. Like, it genuinely sounds impossible.

Ehhhh, just give him a pair o´ shoes, that´ll fix him right up.

Norne is chosen, so you can ask for someone else, but I've gotten plenty of picks so I cant guarentee they'll get in. Got any class in mind for Frey? There's always basic cav if you want vanilla SD class.

Considering he doesn´t get to shine in SD beyond easy mode, Frey shall remain a Cavalier -> Paladin.

Other than that...... I used a dice to figure out who to pick, but only Bantu came up. So I take that as a sign that you may use Cleric Marisha, with a follow up into Bishop. 

I'm probably too late now (damn you, sleep!), but Benice said on the other thread that I could have his pick. You said you needed healers, and the idea of you getting Marisha physically hurts me, so...

Again, probably too late, but I will try to give you Wrys nonetheless. Wrys deserves to be used. He cannot fight, but you know the rest.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I sure hope it's the hunter route. Bows are real nice in this game, horseman have high speed cap, and I already got a lotta fighters and heroes.

Eh, what the heck, go ahead and put him down for that. I was thinking Fighter because it gave him the best strength growth, but 40% is alright and I never see Horseman enough.

6 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Other than that...... I used a dice to figure out who to pick, but only Bantu came up. So I take that as a sign that you may use Cleric Marisha, with a follow up into Bishop.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Again, probably too late, but I will try to give you Wrys nonetheless. Wrys deserves to be used. He cannot fight, but you know the rest.

Hm. This is, like...two separate picks, yet with one slot left. We must resolve this trouble with trial by combat.

Just now, AnonymousSpeed said:

Hm. This is, like...two separate picks, yet with one slot left. We must resolve this trouble with trial by combat.

Marisha is a boring top tier character that everyone's used before. Except me, but that's because I am stubborn. Wrys is a fun meme and a legit good guy who is memorable just because he's not a young cleric girl like 90% of the series's earlygame healers. Marisha's all important hammerne is free as per the rules, not to mention Wrys will allow Jones to have a healer for the prologue, which is neat. He also makes the avatar bald, whereas Marisha lacks this key ability.

I rest my case. Wrys has much more value. Marisha bad.

7 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

I take that as a sign that you may use Cleric Marisha, with a follow up into Bishop. 

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

the idea of you getting Marisha physically hurts me, so...

Honestly, I think I'd prefer Wrys. I always use Malicia. Wrys is funny. Wrys is based. Wrys cannot fight. Wrys is bald. 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wrys will allow Jones to have a healer for the prologue, which is neat. He also makes the avatar bald, whereas Marisha lacks this key ability.

Well I get to use every unit throughout the prolpgue, since I won't start dropping until chapter 1, but now I actually get someone to train throughout the prologue. Ok, not exactly "train", but yknow. Really, I just want this run to be a real challenge, and Malicia can just break the game. After all, I did say at the beginning of the post that I want this run to be dedicated to the units that no one really acknowledges. And by that, I really just mean "whoever Ruben likes". Can't blame ya. I'm anti-Palla for no good reason. 

Wrys it is. How funny that 2 of 3 picks that are basically Ruben's at this point are healers instead of some bizarre fighter. Ehh, I'll pretend Wrys is Benice's pick. By the way, you want both Wrys and Frost to remain bishops, or you want a sage or sorcerer? Just curious.

You know what? Screw it. I'm making Bantu a free unit. This doesn't mean I'm using him long term or anything, but I want to at least try to make him do SOMETHING. Make Imuabicus just a tad happy. On the 0.776% chance that I somehow make him usable for the long run through excessive level rigging, I will most likely drop Frey or Warren, as I've used them before in the last run I did. Heck, I might just pretend that the pick for ya was Bantu this whole time if that happened. But more likely than not, I'll get him one level, realize how pointless this is, then purposely get him killed by Astram's squad for a joke.

Edited by Shaky Jones

1 hour ago, Shaky Jones said:

Honestly, I think I'd prefer Wrys. I always use Malicia. Wrys is funny. Wrys is based. Wrys cannot fight. Wrys is bald. 

Yes

I'm winner

After all, I did say at the beginning of the post that I want this run to be dedicated to the units that no one really acknowledges. And by that, I really just mean "whoever Ruben likes".

Well... Nobody did give you Yubello or Elrean. Still, good enough.

Can't blame ya. I'm anti-Palla for no good reason. 

That's the spirit.

Wrys it is. How funny that 2 of 3 picks that are basically Ruben's at this point are healers instead of some bizarre fighter. Ehh, I'll pretend Wrys is Benice's pick.

I think he'd like that.

By the way, you want both Wrys and Frost to remain bishops, or you want a sage or sorcerer? Just curious.

Mage classes are pretty interchangeable. I kinda wanna make you change Wrys to swordmaster for peak memes, but that kinda defeats the purpose of requesting a healer, so make him the sorcerer to surpass Gharnef. As for Frost, he'll lose his staff rank if he reclasses, and at the point he joins, he'll want that C staves. Keep him a bishop.

You know what? Screw it. I'm making Bantu a free unit. This doesn't mean I'm using him long term or anything, but I want to at least try to make him do SOMETHING. Make Imuabicus just a tad happy. On the 0.776% chance that I somehow make him usable for the long run through excessive level rigging, I will most likely drop Frey or Warren, as I've used them before in the last run I did. Heck, I might just pretend that the pick for ya was Bantu this whole time if that happened. But more likely than not, I'll get him one level, realize how pointless this is, then purposely get him killed by Astram's squad for a joke.

Hahahahahahaha... Oh, this is a great call. I cannot wait for him to become the surprise MVP of the run.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Wrys is a fun meme and a legit good guy who is memorable just because he's not a young cleric girl like 90% of the series's earlygame healers

Heh... Good point. I suppose if we're talking strictly staffbots, there isn't much variety even outside the earlygame. I was including the prepromotes in my mind. There tends to be more variety among prepromoted healers.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heh... Good point. I suppose if we're talking strictly staffbots, there isn't much variety even outside the earlygame. I was including the prepromotes in my mind. There tends to be more variety among prepromoted healers.

Promoted units are more interesting in general, but yeah. As far as stafflocked units go, I can think of...Saul, Brady, and Wrys. I wouldn't really count Pent as a "healer" despite his hilarious A staves.

6 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Promoted units are more interesting in general, but yeah. As far as stafflocked units go, I can think of...Saul, Brady, and Wrys. I wouldn't really count Pent as a "healer" despite his hilarious A staves.

Aside from those three, there's Boulder (I can't believe you forgot Boulder, for shame), Schroff, Cairpre and Azama. Also Forrest and Dwyer if you include mounted healers, and Linhardt who kinda defaults to healer in Three Houses's highly malleable class system.

Thinking about it, it is more than I expected, but it's still an insignificant number in the face of the mountains of Lena recolors and not-quite-Lena-but-still-painfully-generic gentle cleric girl tropes that the series loves so much.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Much shame for forgetting Boulder. Still, when I eventually make a hack, I'll be sure to add plenty of staffy bois.

Shame too for forgetting Arlen. I'm not sure I'd pick him over Sammy, but he'd have been a good consideration too. 77 characters really gives you a lot to remember.

17 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Shame too for forgetting Arlen. I'm not sure I'd pick him over Sammy, but he'd have been a good consideration too. 77 characters really gives you a lot to remember.

It'd take 3 PMU's to get through the plethora of astounding units FE12 has to offer. 

The PMU selection is done. I'll go ahead and update the list for the PMU units shortly. After that, I suppose I'll ask a mod about moving this to the LP forum so I can actually start posting the run.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this. I wonder which person's picks will be the best, aside from Catria since she's always broken. You will win absolutely nothing, but I'll remember to say "congratulations". Last time, my best units were Darros and Matthis, so Ruben and Señor Speed obliterated the competition. Congratulations. 

At last. I can unleash my nonsense onto everyone else.

I'll focus on the first half of prologue as a whole for this post, but most posts will be done by individual chapters. Let's get started.

Introduction:

The continent of Archanea has had a long history. Many of which have shaped what we now see in this land. Countless eras have come and go, new kingdoms have arisen, each with their own share of contributions and setbacks. And with all of that, comes warfare. It has occurred on several occasions, but Archanea soon became quite for centuries to come. That is, until Altea's tragic loss of King Barst. While the actions of the formerly known IRS were frequently whispered about, no one truly acknowledged its presence until one man, Barst's most loyal retainer, took action against this unforgiveable assassination. This man rose a small army, and with under 20 soldiers, he managed to wipe them out the face of the continent. Prior to this, conflict within the lower class was never-ending, but very little could be done, so the press kept hush, mostly for their own safety. With their downfall, the hero was deemed a worthy successor to hold the title of King of Altea, or as he renamed it, "Cord Castle". Cord was the man's name, and he was praised like a deity for his peerless combat experience, destruction of unfair labor & taxes, and his monstrous success of his cryptocurrency, Cordcoin. The value only goes up. 

3 years later, much has changed. Cord was known to be a fairly decent ruler, however, he had much to improve on. He was never one to dwell over political discussions. He was a retainer who fought to serve his king for most of his life. Every night, he can still remember the moment Barst first discovered him and Bord as homeless young teenagers who struggled to survive on their own. They chopped wood and tried selling them to others for a small profit, or were hired to cut down unwanted forests for construction purposes. Most profits were earned on the holiday seasons, and they'd have to survive the year off of them. This of course, all cahnged when Barst saw how hardworking they were. They never seemed to complain too much either. While Cord and Bord bickered a lot, he could tell they have had a deep bond with one another, and that they had a fiery spirit within them that would let them achieve true strength and courage if given the opportunity. He took them as his own, despite not being too much older, and gave them a home within the Altean Kingdom. They worked arduously to serve him, and in return, they were given everything they could hope to ask for. Eventually, he granted them the rank of being his personal retainers. After 2 years of being his most trusted knights, the assassination occurred, and Cord's journey began, leading to the current era of Archanea. As he led his people into a brighter future, he learned many things, including the true value of a human life, as he previously slain his enemies with nothing but pride for his kingdom, knowing nothing of guilt. He began truly caring for everyone who tried their best to make Cord Castle's economy work out after the damages from the last war, holding nothing but respect for him, even when he struggled to resolve inner civil wars that took place every now and again. However, one day, about 2 years into Cord's new ruling as a king, he vanished. His knights searched everywhere around the area, but they could not find him. They could only assume that he left to another country within the continent. Eventually, they placed a price on locating him and informed all other kingdoms of his absence, placing a bid of 1000 Cordcoin for his safe return, plus a PS5. In the meantime, Marth temporarily ruled over Cord Castle. He unfortunately had no experience with this whatsoever, so the kingdom was in disarray. Cord was needed by his people, and he had to return quickly, before the new largest threat to Archanea arises...

Prologue:

Spoiler

UlUdmDK.png?1

Cord had spent the last year in complete isolation. His life was hell. The scars he received came from remnants of the IRS who occasionally managed to find him, but quickly die before dealing any fatal blows. He holds many bruises, but has lost his resolve to defend himself, so his defense has massively decreased. He simply fights with pure strength to obliterate his foes. Sometimes, other knights of different kingdoms would spot him, but would try to kidnap him to blackmail Cord Castle. As such, he has killed countless enemies.

(If you couldn't tell by the introduction, I chose to make him an orphan with strength and honor as his attributes. This leaves no room for defense buffs, but massively increases his strength and HP. He won't show much honor at first, but we'll get there.)

Laying in an open field was the hero king himself, Cord. He continuously wandered about, but spent much of his time hidden away so no one could discover him. He was attempting to find someting, or someone, but he passed out not too long ago. A manakete badly injured him, and he was bleeding profusely. This wouldn't stop him however. He woke up and continued his search, but went through an psychotic episode. This wasn't the first time it happened, but he could never quite tell apart reality from fantasy.

P1:

Spoiler

5KfPJPS.png?1

No one was actually here. He was simply imagining things. No human, at least.

His stats have gone down tremendously since FE11, but his strength is still great, and his growth is as great as ever, so he'll catch up quickly. My main fear was getting him to tank enemies with that 3 defense. Enemies baited to target him first is nice and all, but I imagine I want a tanky AU to to the early game with only a handful of units. Luckily, Cord is known to never let anyone down, at least unit wise. 

lng1kog.png?1

This particular vision shocked Cord. He couldn't move for a turn, allowing for them to land the first hit.

"G-Grandpa!?!? You're alive!?"

After a stab wound, he instinctively strikes back, and the old man fades away. He comes back to his senses to see that he has simply killed a bear. His train of thought were flooded with memories of his grandfather, or "gramps", as he used to say. He decided to set up camp for the night and eat bear meat to recover some stamina. He also took care of some of his wounds, but he hardly able to sleep that night.

KLgVUmU.png?1

Won't be long before he reaches 20 strength. Hopefully, he'll start doubling again soon.

After the first night came and went, Cord gained enough energy to continue traveling, eventually finding a lost child. His name was Ryan. He was crying, unaware of where he is or how he'll make it back to his family. Normally, Cord didn't want to let anyone know of his whereabouts, but he didn't have it in him to outright leave him stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Cord: "Kid, I can't find your family for you, but I can take you to the nearest town in Altea. They'll figure it out. There's an orphanage there that'll care for you in the meantime...it was made about 2 years ago."

Ryan: "A-Altea? Wha-oh! You mean Cord Castle! It's nearby!?"

Cord: "You gotta weapon? It's dangerous being around me. I have a lot of enemies..."

Ryan: "Oh yes. I was trained to use a bow. I still don't know how to use it well. I actually wanted to come out and train bu-hey, wait up!"

Cord was already heading to the destination. It was planned to be a quick mission to get there and back He was still determined for his search, and he felt that he was so close. However, he was soon spotted by aspiring knights who were still in search of him, refusing to believe he had died like many had assumed at this point. 

P2: 

Spoiler

One soldier, Luke, saw Cord and immediately ran up to him, flaunting about how this will make him a hero, thus gving him all the ladies he could ever ask for.

Cord: "Out of my way..."

Luke: "Hah! So we finally meet! With my peerless swordplay, I will capture you and I'll be a god among all the women in Co-

4F2yKXz.png?1

Luke was quickly disposed of.

WZ7AvEK.png?1

Rody didn't care for death though. Luke tried sleeping with his sister once. It was kinda cringe.

He was thrilled to meat the man himself, but he knew that something was off. He attempted to use words to calm him down, but it was a pointless effort. He was soon also slain, terrifying Ryan.

Ryan: "W-wait! You're K-King Cord!?!?"

Cord: "....."

OCaSOf6.png?1

+2 HP is always a treat to see. 

Ryan was too afraid to even speak to Cord after that short battle. He simply chose to keep following him until he made it to town. Of course, another battle occurs shortly afterwards though.

P3:

Spoiler

This time, Caeda and some simps of hers were heading to a nearby river to go fishing for food. Upon discovering Cord, Caeda knew that she had to try telling Marth about it. While they were no longer a couple, she still felt sorrow for him, considering how much stress and suffering he has gone through without his lord, barely managing to handle leading the kingdom. Cord would not let this happen though, so he did what he thought he had to do.

toc1suD.png?1

It was tough fending off the simp guards, and Ryan almost dies, but Cord manages to wipe them out after Ryan weakens them out

J2r2go7.png?1

Some might say that Kris has crazy growths, but this is really just the Cord experience in general. You won't know until you try him yourself.

3YvfBOb.png?1

Cord was ready to strike her down without hesitation, but Ryan didn't want her to die, so he shot at the flier's left wing, making it tumble down. While still heavily injured, Caeda was alive, but Ryan tried making it look like she died. He went over to check her pulse, telling Cord it was gone, but he really just whispered to her to play dead, and when they rest soon, he'd be back to help her out, he slipped a vulnerary in her pocket and left with Cord.

uO1AJrO.png?1

You're kidding me...I'm not even using him for the real PMU!

They soon arrive right outside one of the cities of Cord Castle. Not wanting to be seen, Cord tries taking a different entrance, one that was typically used by criminal gangs or others who wished to avoid the eyes of the law, as no security has been placed around there. Unsurprisingly, there's a group of people there, and Cord must defeat them to get through.

P4:

Spoiler

nxw0D6N.png?1

As always, Cord attempts rushing to the front lines to wipe everyone out, but is halted by a bald curate, Wrys. Cord was angered by this, but Wrys's calm demeanor and wisdom was able to get through to him just enough to convince him not to go headfirst into battle. Instead, he went to a chokepoint to let the enmies only hit him 2 at a time. Meanwhile, Ryan was instructed to snipe the enemy archer from inside a dark alley.

TYiwUb3.png?1

The group's leader, Athena, was very strong, she could wipe the floor with Cord if he wasn't careful, and he seemed to be to focused on killing whoever was in front of him to focus on her, so Ryan spent time chipping at her health so that she'd be too weak to go up against Cord properly.

H428tg3.png?1

Is Ryan supposed to be a tank? I swear this almost always happens.

XyGcfWg.png?1

Athena tried to take out Cord, but was shot in her sword hand, so she could only strike once before Cord strikes her down. Luckily for her, Wrys was able to heal her to prevent her from bleeding out after the battle.

d8SEVqI.png?1

It was tough, but I was able to clear the map with just these 3 units. Yes, I am treating Luke and Rody as if they actually had died. Sure I used them in P3 a bit, but it's impossible to have them not see combat there. It's why I'm not bringing them up at all. 

After the fight ended, Wrys chose to continue following Cord, even though he forbid it.

Wrys: "I cannot fight, but I can heal your wounded"

Cord: "Get out, never speak of me to anyone"

Wrys: "Would that not be best ensured if I am under your surveillance, or do you wish to murder a priest?"

Cord: "....bah"

Cord couldn't just kill him. Something about him just exuded an aura that he couldn't quite comprehend, but it was relaxing. He couldn't stop looking at his shiny bald head. He decided to keep him in his company. A healer will make it easy for Cord to travel without need to rest.

Ok, so this was a freaking long "lore" post. Don't worry, the funnies will eventually show up. It mainly begins once I actually start the main campaign. But no one really cares about the prologue, so I thought some bizarre story for Cord's character change would be cool, or stupid enough to the point where it's kinda funny. What else do I talk about? The chapters? They're like, 3 turns. And I don't have my drafts yet. I might post the other prologues as an update or I might make them tomorrow. I just want to start the real journey already. 

To the one of you that read through this and thought "Wait a minute...this is just Dimitri Blue Lions! I hate 3 Houses!", think of it this way. I converted that arc through a better character in a better game. There ya go.

Edited by Shaky Jones