FE12 Maniac PMU: The Funky Sequel

Shaky Jones

Replies:

Spoiler
21 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Sooner than later, I think. Bord's big draw is his strength, so with that capped, there's not much to practically be gained by waiting. I mean, sure, he could get 5 speed and defense levels, but more realistically he'll just get 1-2 in his other important stats, nothing compared to his promotion bonuses.

I have an idea of exactly when he should be promoted, but it's more of a matter of reaching a certain level of speed.

The best student (which ain't sayin' much) is Felix, because he's the only one to actually have beef with anybody.

I just imagine Felix is what Kelik sounds like (yes I know he technically has his own voice, but I can't unhear Felix)

Ouch. Why not?

You don't get your first elysian whip until you touch the top left corner of chapter 11, where it's buried under sand. Promoting her with a seal makes her a wyvern rider, which she isn't drafted as.

Strength, Speed, and Defense are the three "best" stats in Fire Emblem, being good in just two of them is often enough to make you a good unit. As such, I've often wondered what a unit who had plenty of those but little of everything else would be like (as well as the opposite, a unit with just HP/Skill/Luck/Res). Matthis may provided us some small glimpse of that.

Well, I've been starting to rely a lot on those orbs that grant luck and skill. The steel lance has less than 70 hit. Honestly starting to value the iron sword quite a bit.

Oh hey, I forgot about Warren. Yeah, it'll be good to see that guy again.

Warren's been doing really well. Too well. It's why I mostly avoided him. He doesn't need the xp at the moment, but Samto and Norne are shriveling up like raisins without xp to provide nutrients to their frail bones.

13 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Ah yes, the "They won´t go through Belgium approach."

Damn. Thanks for the chuckle.

Yes.

As you yourself have said: "Faith you have not".

Bantu is gonna carry. I just know it. I mainly fear the amount of firestones I'll have to buy in 14's secret shop to last the entire damn game. 

Behold

True

Unadulterated

Fanservice

Oh no

NKCamilla.png.76e17d6c632173a7c13ad6d4acfc4c5d.png

What the fuck

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH

How could you? That's not "pure, unadulterated fanservice", that's utterly deplorable! How could you ruin my favorite character like that! Take it back! Take it back now...!

What's wrong Ruben? It's just the canonical ending of Birthright.

I am not in shambles right now.

And Etzel. Man enemy phases dragons with excalibur like it's nobody's business.

Oh yeah. I remember doing that with him in my ironman a few months back. Wanted another healer for staff strats and I've never used him full time before. It definitely came in handy for chapter 19. I wonder if Frost can use Excalibur at base?

I love it. 10/10.

Anything to cleanse us from True Unadulterated Fanservice

I decided to instead kill the guards watching me, put on one of their outfits as a disguise (despite the fact that I still had Cass and Rex tagging along without a disguise, and my character was an ogre-faced, green-short-haired woman. Totally didn't stand out in the Legion's camp, nossir) and escape the island with my chip and my life.

I have never heard anyone even want to try that. I suppose the game doesn't tell you that going to the bunker with the chip doesn't mean you have to do what he says. You can upgrade the robots for House or Yes Man and he'll assume you did what he asked since he didn't see it himself. Then you're free to go. Or if you're me, you just shoot em.

10 hours later, I discovered I'd have to go back and do the thing they wanted me to do anyway to further my plans of world conquest.

What a mess that game was..

Poor Ruben. The plot relevant chip strikes again.

I guess you could've just gone NCR which doesn't need the chip, but I'm guessing your conquest doesn't involve them.

Fallout is a mess, and that's hilarious.

You know what? We bicker a lot over Yubello and Bord, but I'm fine with this. The way they've turned out, they each have their niche. They compliment each other well, these two.

The strong vs the fast. Why do I feel like I've just recently had this debate?

Doesn't matter. I'll focus only on Bord to make the balance destroyed. Merry February Ruben.

Ahahahahaha

Oh, that's just mean.

It's fine. I'll make up for this by making fun of most other FE fans too. 

You are so lucky I don't know enough about Berwick to trash on it.

On 2/11/2022 at 4:39 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay fine, that's a good one. I might almost forgive you for calling Yubello "Yubyleth" later on.

Wooow.

I'm literally calling him the Progenitor God, and you're insulted. But thanks for the compliment.

Matthis heard the saying "skill and luck are useless" and took it to heart.

I need skill and luck so bad. I am on my knees. Game, give me this.

Seriously, his chapter was some of the best writing in Shadow Dragon, what the heck happened to turn him into the most forgettable character in New Mystery?

They focused too much on the assassins in the gaiden chapters to give any character building to the units that join you in them. Units like Wrys, Caesar, and Radd are mostly meant to be carried simply by being units in the OG games, although I do appreciate Caesar's efforts to strategically flank Marth's army and fight to protect his dying sister (he has some nice supports imo). Athena is also just thrown in randomly, but she does at least have time to be used in the prologue, making her less forgettable as a unit. Horace is just there. He's a victim of the Legion, or Roros, and you just save him. Since he's a prepromote with low base stats, no one uses him. He's also not known well from SD, because getting gaiden chapters in that game is ridiculous. The devs just didn't even bother trying. They just though putting an armor knight in a map full of hammer users would be funny. And then the chapter itself is so stupidly made, that you end up only thinking of the ambush spawns, completely forgetting about the person you're trying to save in the first place. I sure tend to forget, which sucks.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wrys is all-knowing. Or a traitor. But he can't be a traitor, FE isn't ballsy enough to do traitors. The one time they did, he left after a single chapter. How sad.

Are you referring to Zola who betrays you in Birthright, but immediately tries to become redeemable by begging Garon not to kill Corrin and friends? 

Or maybe you're talking about Takumi in Birthright, who was supposedly the traitor the entire time, but you only see him being evil for 20 seconds, and he's immedietly on your side again.

Or perhaps you're talking about the lad Gunter, who should've died for his lust for revenge rather than immediately forgive you for...actually I don't remember why. 

What am I saying. You're clearly talking about your own army in Conquest when Zola literally helps you by trapping the Hoshidan royals in one spot, perfectly making it possible to stop the war right then and there, only for you to unjustly kill him.

No, the best student is Ignatz because he wears glasses and his post-timeskip design is the best.

Based

Did you forget the time Annette and Mercedes had a petty squabble and stopped speaking for half a decade?

That is actually the worst support in the series. You have no idea how angry I get seeing how stupid that support is. 5 f**king years! Who thought that was a good time to lock supports at! 

6 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Who'll be the Est of the game? - Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Serenes Forest  Forums

You want to kill dragons because you believe they are the root of the world's largest conflicts.

I want to kill dragon for xp.

We are not the same.

Chapter 11: Attack Of The Government Drones

Spoiler

Cord: "Damn. There's so many of them! We can't just sit here to fend them all off!"

Wrys: "This is not the natural home of these dragons. They all seem to be coming from inside that building over there in the distance."

Matthis: "Ahh, I remember when these guys appeared everywhere near me. They're almost definitely drones. I'm never alone."

Cord: "Oh yeah? Not in my watch!"

Cord jumps into the air, grabbing on to one of the attacking wyverns. Struggling to get him out, the wyvern spins out of control. Almost like forcibly steering the dragon, Cord tries having it fly back to the base, constantly brawling with it in the air as it spins.

Cord is unavailable for the chapter

oryhRLb.png?1

With Bantu close to level 12, I decide to give him a well deserved level up.

7OCgjQm.png?1

Okay. I lied. It was several level ups. Look at that xp rate though. Dragons are just so good at the arena.

XRqt4rX.png?1

Even with the growth drop, his speed growth is 20%. What is happening? This is SpeeDarros all over again.

Tv9Nqw2.png?1

When you count the firestone bonuses, he's actually one of my best units at this point. I gave him a rainbow potion to make the arena easier, but now he has 18 speed, which is hilarious, and unnecessary. Because of the waste of a potion that I feel that I'm abusing in a challenge run, I made sure not to give it to anyone else, even though Samto and Norne really need it. Possibly even Matthis to avoid getting doubled by dragons and actually having some damn skill. But I've used more potions than I've wanted to already. I need to limit myself. After all, they are all going to Astram and Sheema when they arrive. 

VQ4pBWb.png?1

I might as well give one to Warren as well. But now I really need to stop. I'm throwing away too much money that isn't even mine.

zF17Wvn.png?1

Just one more. I swear I'm not addicted. Please let me have this!

HzU1nmO.png?1

Turn 1 begins with me planning out who to spread out. Catria and Bord are the main ones whol will be baiting out enemies. Bord is carrying the speed orb, so he isn't getting doubled by the wyverns. Yes, the real reason I benched the AU for this chapter is because I needed room for Caeda to recruit Jake, but I didn't want to bench anyone else.

aP7GQDs.png?1

Norne tries to take out the wyvern, but fails by missing the shot to the head. Instead it landed on the wyvern's right wing, heavily crippling it and reflecting the arrow right to Matthis. Rather than being angry at Norne however, Matthis laughed hysterically, stabbing the wyvern in the heart and starts eating it while looking right at her, still laughing.

bKkB4Yv.png?1

Samto on the other hand, has no struggles with wiping out wyverns on his end. Can't really mess up with the glock. It just works.

nKILstA.png?1

It took one turn longer than usual, but I got Bantu to reach the bandits' range, as only he can survive a crit to the face from his killer axe, which he obviously procs. However, Bantu missing wasn't a part of the plan. I can't even imagine being lucky enough to dodge tank in this game.

PqQcv9p.png?1

Angry at the the lack of acknowledgment the army has given her, she tries to score some 360s on the wyverns to impress everyone.

NjVMGJc.png?1

Good God, don't let this be another Yubelgium. I need strength.

MmcUIkS.png?1

I hated the fact that I had to rely on this attack to live. Sure this is only turn 3, but I'd probably just redo the exact same steps again as to not retake screenshots. 

Trust me, I thought of several solutions, and all of them involved rng. Oh well, I actually did land the hit surprisingly enough

rj0a5rE.png?1

I wanted strength and speed so badly. Not for the stats, but to see 3 15's at lvl 15.

LHzvwvI.png?1

At least Wrys is getting stronger. 5 defense is a tad disgusting to look at, but at least he'll always have his charming personality.

WYvWpqN.png?1

Samto: "Sand clan. More like, Sans clan!"

Brigand #5: "What the hell is a sa-"

Man Ends Life in Dessert

The man was reported to have shot himself 7 times in the back of the head

honFPkW.png?1

I'm very glad for the Samto stats, but I'm starting to fear he'll be Matthis 2. 5 skill and 3 luck. Oh boy.

G348Vam.png?1

Warren is not a meme. He's a monster of a unit. 

VcMLlZL.png?1

The hunter is shot in both kneecaps, left to be buried under the sandstorms of the dessert as they are unable to escape the scorching sun clouding the barren wasteland.

Marth: "What was even the joke there?"

Samto: "What's your problem man? Why's it always got to be jokes with you? Some of us trying to fight here, ***hat."

Marth: "....."

UXV6LFr.png?1

Catria continues to catch the attention of the wyverns. Specifically, her pegasus is. 

Catria: "Why do they keep chasing us? Oh God, don't tell me they want to mate!"

Wyvern: "UNIT IDENTIFICATION UNKNOWN"

Catria: "...what..."

Wyvern: "SCANNING HUMAN [[PROFILE]]"...."SUBJECT DECEASED. RELAYING INFORMATION TO BASE"

Catria: "Gods, Est was right. Dragons are garbage!"

Wyvern: "NEW OBJECTIVE. [[ELIMINATE]] UNKNOWN ORGANIZATION" "SCAN REMAINS FOR TRACE OF ORIGIN"

wywUqde.png?1

More wyverns swarm me than I have baited. Fortunately, there tends not to be great wifi or data connection in desserts, so not every wyvern is aware just yet.

q8xcw3H.png?1

Norne. I get it. People say speed is the best stat. But I really would appreciate strength. Don't do this to me.

8lQpGzM.png?1

There's so many more people I want to give the xp to, but no one else can travel 6 spaces through sand. This hurt.

iCGa8lX.png?1

Basedtu

Unfortunately, the next turn was ridiculous. Every other wyvern that isn't protecting the seize point begins moving at once. Given that they have 12 move, this is the point where the entire map is within their range, so you basically have to route them this turn. Normally, I'd be chilling by now, but I only have one flier, and everyone else got sand in their shoes. Still, I think I did a mostly decent job positioning units to take out everyone in time. Except for one wyvern.

l86xnP0.png?1

I hate you. No one else is even remotely close to it, and it can kill 3 of my units in one round of combat, so it has to die this turn. I have barely enough units to wipe out every other threat, but Yuballsy can't do nearly enough to kill him.

Unless I proc a crit. Don't ask about why I'm holding a hand axe. I don't remember using that. He can kill with his forged iron axe with a crit. Normally, I hate the idea of relying on crits. I mean, you could argue that I messed up and deserve to start the stage over, but I'm so close to having an amazing turn, and I'm also lazy. I'm not even using save states to rig a crit. There's a save point to the west, so I could technically do this on a DS. Besides, if I did start over, I would just replace Yubullard with Cord, and that just seems too mean to do to Ruben. It's just one crit. How many resets can it take?

zCniGe8.png?1

It took 20 attempts. I guess the math is accurate there.

xXXFKQc.png?1

But once it finally happened, I can deal with everyone else.

Imagine if this missed. 

Wrys and Catria deal with the top wyvern

nSVMYV5.png?1

leaving it up to Bantu to stop the flier denier.

Norne barely survives the brigand, so everyone is fine against him.

gclof8O.png?1

3qj9euz.png?1

Over on the east side, the wyverns learn the true meaning of Christmas.

hgwtr6c.png?1

Eyy, good lad!

e5sAzdJ.png?1

The Bord of hunters

2Qh7mCY.png?1

Norne: "Why the heck are there so many brigands here anyways!"

Catria: "I see a strange man to the north. Maybe he's their leader, and they're heading to their super secret lair!"

MCStOgc.png?1

Marth....

As Catria flies north to investigate the why everyone is trying to get there, the others notice and try to go with her, except for Bord who had to take out the two boneheads trying to game end him.

Catria: "Hey you! Purple haired guy!"

Jake: "Ah, hey there. I''m Ja-"

Jake was shot 28 times by Samto

Catria: "SAMTO WHAT THE HELL!?"

Samto: "Uhh, you're welcome?"

Catria: "We didn't know for sure if he was an enemy!"

Samto: "He's red like everyone else! ungrateful bi-"

Anna: "Why's it so loud out he- OH MY GOD, JAKE!!"

Samto: "Give us everything you have in stock or you'll get the one time discount of the glock."

Wd2qeZv.png?1

You win some. You lose some.

If only that was Matthis's level.

SLYxTAE.png?1

Somehow, Bantu is one of my only people who can tank the swordmaster and wyvern, and get doubled by neither.

iQiDTeq.png?1

Bord's silver axe does so much damage with his 20 strength. It feels so satisfying.

mOxUNLI.png?1

I shuffled a few units to do orb trading to give Matthis one more point of strength, but it was mainly just to increase accuracy. He cannot land hits with a steel lance. 

6BoVYUk.png?1

20 skill and 19 luck. Half of my army has less than 10 to either of these. Makes you really appreciate those stats...

0ddgqGt.png?1

Samto: "Oh it's Link!"

Catria: "Really!?"

Link: "....hyahh!"

Samto: "Link! It's 2022! You can't say that anymore!"

Catria: "No it's no-"

The master sword turns out to be inferior to a gun

Samto: "Jeez. You think you know a guy..."

Catria: "You're a poopy head!"

Catria flies off crying. She lands to the corner of the level, where she finds a whip buried under sand.

Spoiler

K50Mqw4.png?1

WboyZrH.png?1

The wyvern near that corner goes for Bord, and I weep for the lack of speed that he was never likely to get anyways.

UQSx7JQ.png?1

After gunning down another brigand, Samto begins pondering on how he got to this point. Many at his home called him the unluckiest son of a gun being bornd and raised to basically be a clown for Grust. But in his eyes, everyone else were the unlucky ones, forced to deal with all of the world's problems, mostly caused by mankind themselves, desperately believing that they can and must create an ideal society that would require an impossible degree of cooperation. He, on the other hand, gets to laugh 24/7 in a blissful career.

Also he has a gun.

DEBnb4A.png?1

Matthis: "One time is funny, two times is f**king annoying, no?"

jkuUN4V.png?1

I like how Matthis gradually transitioned from tank to Marcus. Hard to tank though if you don't have any luck!

Z5djM7p.png?1

Oh of course! How could I be so ignorant! Samto killed OoT Link! This one is BoTW Link. Catria still has a chance to-

z3cLOV9.png?1

Sh*t

Z86O7gd.png?1

Speed might be the best stat, but strength is the most fun one. Norne, get it together!

lJZYw6b.png?1

I don't actually remember what Yubaggage did.

TpQmZXn.png?1

But his defense is getting good again!

jDpsjkV.png?1

by turn freaking 30, I baited out the last group of presumably evil people with Bantu. They had a killer axe, but he was the one who got hit with a crit.

VVkkDjP.png?1

You'd think this was a few turns later. This was turn 40. I was very paranoid about missing stat boosters in the sand, and I couldn't remember which spots I had already dealt with. I only did about 3 turns of chipping the boss with Matthis and Bord before Marth got close enough to seize the throne.

GVhf3hz.png?1

16 speed. Yep, it's time.

When everyone entered the random building in the middle of nowhere, they see Cord inside, within dozens of slain wyverns inside.

Cord: "Ah, took you guys long enough."

Bord: "Damn Cord, the hell happened here?"

Cord:"I flew the bird thingy right to this place. Was ambushed on the spot, but I got em. I explored a but and found some giant *** machine. It was spitting em out like flies!"

Bord: "I'm guessing ya broke it."

Cord: "Course I did! But...."

Marth: "What? What could possibly be an odd sight at this point?"

4dS5bbR.png?1

Next time:

Spoiler

e1jaMpd.png?1

Welcome to the Bord experience.

He has enough speed to double the fire dragons and could tank 2 hits from them with the cancer shard. It's why I waited until he got one more speed to promote. He's about to reach A rank axes too. 

Not many jokes to make on chapter 11. It's mostly just baiting out enemies, and a crap ton of walking. I'm sure 12 will be much better. It's actually my favorite map in new mystery on lunatic. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I just imagine Felix is what Kelik sounds like (yes I know he technically has his own voice, but I can't unhear Felix)

Nah, Felix isn't cool enough to be Kelik. He's just Leon doing an edgy voice.

10 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Well, I've been starting to rely a lot on those orbs that grant luck and skill. The steel lance has less than 70 hit. Honestly starting to value the iron sword quite a bit.

FE6-type beat.

10 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

What the fuck

image.png.1573e8d7b1f536f628331912a39ea8

11 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

_dbs__golden_frieza_by_niiii_link-dbd5il

True fanservice would have been Garon's head on Camilla's body.

16 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

What am I saying. You're clearly talking about your own army in Conquest when Zola literally helps you by trapping the Hoshidan royals in one spot, perfectly making it possible to stop the war right then and there, only for you to unjustly kill him.

Zola is, by all reasonable measures, a hero afflicted with a bad administration. I'm just saying, Clint Eastwood would have done what Zola did, except he'd have shot everyone who got in his way.

But naw, he's clearly referring to Orson. I don't even think Lyn mode characters appear as recruitable enemies.

18 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

That is actually the worst support in the series. You have no idea how angry I get seeing how stupid that support is. 5 f**king years! Who thought that was a good time to lock supports at! 

I want to say that "nobody thought about it all," but the horrifying part about Three Houses is that they probably did think they were doing it well.

20 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Attack Of The Government Drones

Just a reminder than all of the people killed by drones during the Obama administration were retroactively declared combatants so they could say they didn't order any drone strikes on civilians.

23 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Matthis laughed hysterically, stabbing the wyvern in the heart and starts eating it while looking right at her, still laughing.

What a talent, to be able to eat and laugh at the same time. I hope he doesn't choke.

25 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Uh wait a minute I wasn't-

Uh.

Just a reminder that Seth Rich-

29 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Samto: "Give us everything you have in stock or you'll get the one time discount of the glock."

If only Zola had Samto to help him execute the foreign royals and rob the six-fingered woman blind.

31 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

After gunning down another brigand, Samto begins pondering on how he got to this point. Many at his home called him the unluckiest son of a gun being bornd and raised to basically be a clown for Grust. But in his eyes, everyone else were the unlucky ones, forced to deal with all of the world's problems, mostly caused by mankind themselves, desperately believing that they can and must create an ideal society that would require an impossible degree of cooperation. He, on the other hand, gets to laugh 24/7 in a blissful career.

Also he has a gun.

Now tell a Norm Macdonald joke.

32 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Sh*t

Try for Twilight Princess Link?

34 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

He has enough speed to double the fire dragons and could tank 2 hits from them with the cancer shard. It's why I waited until he got one more speed to promote. He's about to reach A rank axes too. 

Not many jokes to make on chapter 11. It's mostly just baiting out enemies, and a crap ton of walking. I'm sure 12 will be much better. It's actually my favorite map in new mystery on lunatic. 

Ah, so there was a purpose to it! Brilliant, your specific knowledge proves itself invaluable, surely.

Have fun playing it with your weird team, sir.

Spoiler
11 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

What's wrong Ruben? It's just the canonical ending of Birthright.

Birthright canon is that Setsuna shot the entire Nohrian royal family in the forehead and then took the crown for herself.

Neither am I, what are you talking about?

I have never heard anyone even want to try that.

The Ruben works in mysterious ways.

I guess you could've just gone NCR which doesn't need the chip, but I'm guessing your conquest doesn't involve them.

I just found the guy who shot me in the face, murdered him, then got lost in his casino and trying to find the exit, I encountered a robot that told me "hey we can conquer the world if you like." I said, ye why not.

I wish I could've seen the face of my friend who got me to play Fallout. I told him I'd found the Lucky 38, then he left, and when he came back I had killed Mr. House for seemingly no reason. His reaction was priceless, even over text.

Fallout is a mess, and that's hilarious.

Too true. To its credit, though, it's the only open world game I did finish. In other open world games I've played, I always get sidetracked with sidequests and end up completely losing interest in the main campaign. Then the gameplay loop gets boring and I stop. Friar Martin is still sitting at the mountain hideout to this day...

...My friend is still bitter that I didn't even try the DLC, though. I don't have the heart to tell him outright that I didn't like the game enough to spend a bunch of hours playing DLC campaigns.

Doesn't matter. I'll focus only on Bord to make the balance destroyed. Merry February Ruben.

My birthday is in three days, you heartless skeleton. Three days!

Wooow.

I'm literally calling him the Worst Avatar, and you're insulted.

Of course I do. What other possible response is there to such a thing?

They focused too much on the assassins in the gaiden chapters to give any character building to the units that join you in them. Units like Wrys, Caesar, and Radd are mostly meant to be carried simply by being units in the OG games, although I do appreciate Caesar's efforts to strategically flank Marth's army and fight to protect his dying sister (he has some nice supports imo). Athena is also just thrown in randomly, but she does at least have time to be used in the prologue, making her less forgettable as a unit. Horace is just there. He's a victim of the Legion, or Roros, and you just save him. Since he's a prepromote with low base stats, no one uses him. He's also not known well from SD, because getting gaiden chapters in that game is ridiculous. The devs just didn't even bother trying. They just though putting an armor knight in a map full of hammer users would be funny. And then the chapter itself is so stupidly made, that you end up only thinking of the ambush spawns, completely forgetting about the person you're trying to save in the first place. I sure tend to forget, which sucks.

Honestly, I feel Horace is the only one who really suffers from it. Wrys and Athena have their screentime in the prologue (sure you can get Gordin instead but Athena is so much better), as well as fine supports, and Caesar and Radd actually gained a character from the jump to the new game. It's Horace who was stripped of everything that made him cool in the first game, and was then put in the worst possible map for him.

Are you referring to Zola who betrays you in Birthright, but immediately tries to become redeemable by begging Garon not to kill Corrin and friends? 

Or maybe you're talking about Takumi in Birthright, who was supposedly the traitor the entire time, but you only see him being evil for 20 seconds, and he's immedietly on your side again.

Or perhaps you're talking about the lad Gunter, who should've died for his lust for revenge rather than immediately forgive you for...actually I don't remember why. 

Zola is the only remotely good character in Birthright. And that's so sad.

Takumi is whatever. Not Setsuna/10.

Rev Gunter is not canon.

...Yeah. That's what I was talking about. Totally.

That is actually the worst support in the series.

No but it's in Three Houses, Three Houses has no bad supports!!!

7OCgjQm.png?1

Okay. I lied. It was several level ups. Look at that xp rate though. Dragons are just so good at the arena.

Oh God, 2 firestone uses left though...

Tv9Nqw2.png?1

When you count the firestone bonuses, he's actually one of my best units at this point.

I love it. This is the best timeline.

Just one more. I swear I'm not addicted. Please let me have this!

Of course, you rig a speed level for Bord but not a strength level for Yubello. Spiteful little...!

aP7GQDs.png?1

Norne tries to take out the wyvern, but fails by missing the shot to the head. Instead it landed on the wyvern's right wing, heavily crippling it and reflecting the arrow right to Matthis. Rather than being angry at Norne however, Matthis laughed hysterically, stabbing the wyvern in the heart and starts eating it while looking right at her, still laughing.

Matthis has to cope with his lack of fortune somehow, I guess.

It just works.

You know, it's odd that we still don't have any Todds or Howards in FE. Such obvious names. I mean, there's a Howard in The Last Promise, but as we know, that's not FE.

rj0a5rE.png?1

I wanted strength and speed so badly. Not for the stats, but to see 3 15's at lvl 15.

I mean, at least you have a 5 at level 15. That's at least half aesthetically pleasing.

Samto: "Sand clan. More like, Sans clan!"

Brigand #5: "What the hell is a sa-"

Man Ends Life in Dessert

He was dead before he took the first bullet.

honFPkW.png?1

I'm very glad for the Samto stats, but I'm starting to fear he'll be Matthis 2. 5 skill and 3 luck. Oh boy.

I just realized he has the exact same skill and luck as Matthis. Oh, that's just comedy gold.

Catria: "Why do they keep chasing us? Oh God, don't tell me they want to mate!"

Wyvern: "UNIT IDENTIFICATION UNKNOWN"

Catria: "...what..."

Wyvern: "SCANNING HUMAN [[PROFILE]]"...."SUBJECT DECEASED. RELAYING INFORMATION TO BASE"

Catria: "Gods, Est was right. Dragons are garbage!"

Wyvern: "NEW OBJECTIVE. [[ELIMINATE]] UNKNOWN ORGANIZATION" "SCAN REMAINS FOR TRACE OF ORIGIN"

Oh boy. Catria's a ghoul.

I mean, I already knew that, but...

q8xcw3H.png?1

Norne. I get it. People say speed is the best stat. But I really would appreciate strength. Don't do this to me.

Norne is angry that you keep on picking on the little boy who's trying his best.

You know. The one with the axe that's bigger than him.

Besides, if I did start over, I would just replace Yubullard with Cord, and that just seems too mean to do to Ruben. It's just one crit. How many resets can it take?

zCniGe8.png?1

It took 20 attempts. I guess the math is accurate there.

If you'd gotten him a strength level like you did with Bord and his speed, this wouldn't be happening.

nSVMYV5.png?1

This is such a beautiful image. I love it so much.

hgwtr6c.png?1

Eyy, good lad!

Aww, the comedy gold though!

Catria: "Hey you! Purple haired guy!"

Jake: "Ah, hey there. I''m Ja-"

Jake was shot 28 times by Samto

Catria: "SAMTO WHAT THE HELL!?"

Samto: "Uhh, you're welcome?"

Catria: "We didn't know for sure if he was an enemy!"

Samto: "He's red like everyone else! ungrateful bi-"

Anna: "Why's it so loud out he- OH MY GOD, JAKE!!"

Good Guy Samto, helping out small family stores in these hard times for the economy.

She lands to the corner of the level, where she finds a whip buried under sand.

Reveal hidden contents

K50Mqw4.png?1

That's a terrifying image that I don't get.

jkuUN4V.png?1

I like how Matthis gradually transitioned from tank to Marcus.

He's also working to keep his skill and luck alligned with Samto's. Funny how that works.

TpQmZXn.png?1

But his defense is getting good again!

Good Yubi.

GVhf3hz.png?1

16 speed. Yep, it's time.

I'm kind of torn between being happy that Bord is turning out so well, and being angry because it means you get to bully Yubello some more.

e1jaMpd.png?1

Welcome to the Bord experience.

Dang it.

11 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Nah, Felix isn't cool enough to be Kelik. He's just Leon doing an edgy voice.

Okay this is the best canon though.

11 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Someone needs to do that.

On 2/11/2022 at 1:39 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH

How could you? That's not "pure, unadulterated fanservice", that's utterly deplorable! How could you ruin my favorite character like that! Take it back! Take it back now...!

Oh, just for you: Garonquest

And Another One

15 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

What the fuck

Brought to you by: FEFTwiddler save editing.

Nohrian King Camilla is the antithesis to Garon. 

SLYxTAE.png?1

Old man be spreadin his wings. For the first recorded in-game-time.

Also he has a gun.

:UnitedStates:

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
14 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Someone needs to do that.

I tried doing that with the playable antagonist mod, but Garons model doesn´t change with class or anything - only his animations. Which, seeing him do the Priestess twirl is still plenty amusing.

Edited by Imuabicus

You know, it's odd that we still don't have any Todds or Howards in FE. Such obvious names. I mean, there's a Howard in The Last Promise, but as we know, that's not FE.

No, it's a Fire Emblem experience. Requiem. Do we have any hacks called Requiem? We gotta have one somewhere.

Okay this is the best canon though.

Thank you. They literally have the same voice actor, because they've been re-using the same voice cast for every game since like 2013.

21 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

I tried doing that with the playable antagonist mod, but Garons model doesn´t change with class or anything - only his animations. Which, seeing him do the Priestess twirl is still plenty amusing.

Darn, the devs were one step ahead of us degenerates.

1 hour ago, Imuabicus said:

Oh, just for you: Garonquest

I've been playing that one occassionally, actually. It is brilliant.

I already laughed my ass off in Garonquest when I had Iago heal him and he did the ridiculous spinning dance that generic armors do when they're healed.

49 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

No, it's a Fire Emblem experience. Requiem. Do we have any hacks called Requiem? We gotta have one somewhere.

We do, yes. Used to be considered one of the greats, but while it has robust characters and story, it has since fallen from grace due to uninspired gameplay, terrible balance and maps too large for their own good.

I have fond memories of it, but I doubt I'd enjoy it much if I were to play it today. Still, there it is.

Replies:

Spoiler
15 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

FE6-type beat.

It does bring back memories. The amount of swords I used is terrifying.

What I am saying? I still do that. If a unit can use swords, I WILL prioritize it. Sword Bors is my carry.

I want to say that "nobody thought about it all," but the horrifying part about Three Houses is that they probably did think they were doing it well.

Most likely. I mean, it's actually genius. You get into trouble. Annette saves Mercedes, and then she hates her for almost 6 years! Mercedes clearly wanted it all to end. It's too hard to ever tell anyone, so you hold it in for an egregiously long amount of time. IS is brilliant.

Just a reminder than all of the people killed by drones during the Obama administration were retroactively declared combatants so they could say they didn't order any drone strikes on civilians.

Perhaps I should be more careful. If I don't change anything, something bad will happen to me.

Uh wait a minute I wasn't-

Uh.

What am I saying? It's all my fault. I'll own up to it. I made the last PMU about destroying the IRS. I'm already on a list.

Now tell a Norm Macdonald joke.

I don't know who that is, but I think it's better that way. I'm playing a freaking FE game with silly units for laughs. What have I done?

Ah, so there was a purpose to it! Brilliant, your specific knowledge proves itself invaluable, surely.

I've played this game enough times to memorize practically every benchmark for all chapters. It's why I probably find this game easier than a lot of others. I actually know what I'm doing. You think I plan ahead in Elibe games? I just use based archers and see what happens.

16 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Have fun playing it with your weird team, sir.

I've done more playthroughs with weird teams than I have with regular teams by now. Which is probably less than you think. I haven't gotten into FE that long ago. I know some people have beaten DSFE like 30 times. This is only my 9th run.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The Ruben works in mysterious ways.

Perhaps one could say, he works in new mysterious ways every move he takes. 

I wish I could've seen the face of my friend who got me to play Fallout. I told him I'd found the Lucky 38, then he left, and when he came back I had killed Mr. House for seemingly no reason. His reaction was priceless, even over text.

Damn. It must be because the house always wins.

Too true. To its credit, though, it's the only open world game I did finish. In other open world games I've played, I always get sidetracked with sidequests and end up completely losing interest in the main campaign. Then the gameplay loop gets boring and I stop. Friar Martin is still sitting at the mountain hideout to this day...

...My friend is still bitter that I didn't even try the DLC, though. I don't have the heart to tell him outright that I didn't like the game enough to spend a bunch of hours playing DLC campaigns.

I get that feeling. While I did enjoy the game a lot, I was also getting pretty bored near the end. It's hard for me not to get sidetracked and the longer you play, the more things feel like a chore, and you've already gotten the best of equipment and levels, so not much else matters.

But I am probably not the first person you'd go to for game recommendations. My favorite fallout game is Fallout 2. I'm pretty sure you'd go insane trying to play it.

My birthday is in three days, you heartless skeleton. Three days!

I was going to make a meme of you being that fish yelling 3 days, because I assume you're referencing that, but by the time I post this, your birthday will probably be tomorrow.

16 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Wooow.

I'm literally calling him the Worst Avatar, and you're insulted.

Of course I do. What other possible response is there to such a thing?

That is NOT what I said! Now I'm going to reuse that name on several occasions!

Takumi is whatever. Not Setsuna/10

Wow. I can't wait to hear how everyone else ranks on that complex ranking system!

Oh God, 2 firestone uses left though..

I'm glad the game gives you 2 to work with. I can still buy more in the secret shop of the ice temple area, but that will be the only time I can get more, so I'll have to stock up. Actually, it's most likely a limit of 3 like most items. That's...probably enough?

Of course, you rig a speed level for Bord but not a strength level for Yubello. Spiteful little...!

Bord was close to a level up! Yubuddy wasn't! I'm not spiteful!

Well not right now anyways.

A shame it doesn't count. I'd like to see how people react to me putting Last Promise above most of their favorite games on a tier list.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Norne is angry that you keep on picking on the little boy who's trying his best.

You know. The one with the axe that's bigger than him.

Cord? I just don't like how he's stealing my kills.

If you'd gotten him a strength level like you did with Bord and his speed, this wouldn't be happening.

Arrggg...

You're making me angry, Ruben!

That's a terrifying image that I don't get.

Good

Yubi

Yubi

I'm kind of torn between being happy that Bord is turning out so well, and being angry because it means you get to bully Yubello some more.

Hey. I literally dedicated several wyvern kills to Matthis! Ya know, your OTHER pick! I coulda benched him for Cord because cavs clearly don't work in sand.

I had this plan to dedicate a full chapter to Matthis and Yubyleth, but maybe I should just give it all to Catria!

Yes, I am being spiteful right now.

But I digress. It's almost your birthday, so I'll try to see if I can get your two favorite fe12 lads to become powerhouses. 

Nohrian King Camilla is the antithesis to Garon. 

Thesis: Garon

Antithesis: Nohrian King Camilla

Synthesis: Fates 2: Garon Strikes Back

Old man be spreadin his wings. For the first recorded in-game-time.

I wonder if I can get him to cap speed. I do want to use at least one speedwing on Matthis.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Darn, the devs were one step ahead of us degenerates.

We'll win one of these days.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I already laughed my ass off in Garonquest when I had Iago heal him and he did the ridiculous spinning dance that generic armors do when they're healed.

Ruben finally experiences joy.

Sorry, I just picture you mumbling at every game you play now.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We do, yes. Used to be considered one of the greats, but while it has robust characters and story, it has since fallen from grace due to uninspired gameplay, terrible balance and maps too large for their own good.

I have fond memories of it, but I doubt I'd enjoy it much if I were to play it today. Still, there it is.

I've heard about it, but given the amount of hacks out nowadays, I'd probably try out a ton of other ones before considering this one.

Chapter 12: Happy Telegraphist Day

Spoiler

Cord: "Marth...ain't she that one dragon kid? I think we raided her house."

Marth: "I should've ended her when I had the chance"

Cord: "Ah come on. That's just cruel. Listen kid. I don't know how you got here, but this place will probably kill ya, so go somewhere el- what am I saying. This is a dessert. You wouldn't know where to go...Agh, fine. Wrys! Carry her until we find someplace safe."

Wrys: "Very well. Hmm. You seem...different."

Tiki: "Hey hey! Can we play a game?"

Wrys: "Ah, I suppose I have time. It is unfortunate that you had to witness any of this. What would you like to play?"

Tiki: "Hee hee, yay!" "SELF DESCRUCT SEQUENCE ACTIVATED. DETONATING IN 5..4..3.."

Cord: "Oh you gotta be fu-"

KpouUvC.png?2

Later...

Cord: "Urghh, my head.....you guys good?"

Cord's companions proceed to rant about how not good they are for 2 minutes

Cord: "Alright alright, I get it! It was a dumb question. But apparently you're all okay enough to sit and while like bi-"

Bord: "Oi! Over here lads"

Over in the far distance of 3 meters, Bord and Catria stand heroically, wearing flashly new clothing. If you didn't interpret that as having a shield and a cooler pegasus, you have no fashion sense whatsoever.

Cord: "What the- Bord! Girl! What's up with yas?"

Bord: "What's up is that you're about to witness the next arc of the Bord experience!"

Catria: "Marth! Marth! Look, I'm so much stronger now! I'm a master of falcons. Isn't that so cool!?"

Marth: "2nd tiers...can't relate"

Warren: "I- I can't believe it...Catria...I need answers"

Cord: "What, did you find all that when you were away? Why weren't you with us?"

Bord: "We just woke up like this. I don't know why, but somehow, we both felt much stronger. These ain't just clothes or shiny equipments. I feel...enchanted. Don't know why we were split up, but where the hell are we!? Oblivion!? Yubordo, stop giggling. We're not in the nether!"

Wrys: How interesting that it was you two in particular. This place, it's rather hot. There appears to be lava everywhere. Perhaps we ARE in hell. You and Catria were the ones who supposedly died. Is it really a coincidence?"

Samto: "Probably. But hey. If this is hell, I simply have to thank Satan for letting me keep ol reliable!"

He brandishes his M1911A1

Marth: "Well we sure weren't going to heaven...at least I don't have to calculate taxes anymore"

Norne: "Why would I be here!?"

Wrys: "Betrayal is a major sin, even if Grust was, how would Ryan say it? Ah yes, cringe. As I was saying, the girl we encountered was a trap.

Samto: "Ahh, that brings back memories. Good times. Goood times."

Wrys: ".....she was a bomb. Someone must have known we would arrive. Forgive me for not finding out in time."

Cord: "Well whatever's happening, I want out of here! Come on fellas. Let's move out!"

Yubruno: "Sure. Let's just walk out the front door, surrounded by fire dragons!"

The scorching temple they were in was flooded with dragons. With no way but through a narrow bridge to proceed, Cord and pals accept the fact that the next 15 IRL hours will never not be fighting.

oRbZdia.png?1

No matter where you are, you can always count on Pocket Drill Grounds. Easy to carry. Easy to set up anywhere. 

Be sure to always water your drill grounds once every 24 hours. Watering can not provided.

TR8Qb9x.png?1

Being the hungry rat he is, Matthis eats up way too many stat boosters, most of which increases accuracy. 

kD4jqVN.png?1

I must clarify that I have not been rigging levels for Bantu anytime recently, but have done so occasionally for Bord and Yubig ben. This is not comforting.

CnCPH6J.png?1

With a rainbow potion and a dracoshield, Bantu can tank 2 fire dragons, who have either 35 or 36 might depending on RNG. Sure, Bantu mostly doesn't need potions, but it always helps skill and luck. I've been making sure no one else has been getting it recently, so it almost feels like a personal weapon, except not in the slightest.

I can't give him the cancer orb, since Bord needs it to not die to 2 dragons.

Gdxv57P.png?1

I have 2 of these? Since when?

I debated for 7 minutes whether to give him the drops or be funny and ignore him. I decided to give him one of them, as I feel that I will cause Ruben to get a heart attack otherwise. The other will likely be saved for Astram or Bantu in the late game.

I'd also like to mention that money has been a huge problem. You don't really get any for the Anri arc, and I already wasted most of it on Anna's secret shop. Sure, I can sell the stuff back since they were half price, but I'm unsure how helpful they'll be. I ended up selling many unwanted weapons to afford these drill grounds. I was planning to use the rest to forge a dragonpike for Matthis, but it was way too costly. I still need money for physics in 13, and I need money in general for stat boosters later. 

a1613aq.png?1

Turn 1 starts off perfectly with Bord dealing incredible damage to the dragons by doubling them with his iconic silver axe, dodging an attack and leaving them barely alive for anyone to get easy kills

BHsG37F.png?1

if you define easy as "can they kill at all". Norne needed the leo shard, bringing me memories of trying to use Rebecca in Blazing Sword.

19PtvRv.png?1

Norne, being boring, believes that speed is all you need to be a good unit.

6qpJW42.png?1

The steel sword proves to be the best weapon in the game, as it deals decent damage while being accurate. 

AYz4cpl.png?1

Although unrelated at all, I have flashbacks of when dragons had 1-2 range and vantage+, reminding me that things can always get worse.

IkrPsvL.png?1

3 wyverns fly from the west. Bord is in range of 2 of them, and the rest are in range of a brigand with a tomahawk. Bord needs to be healed to live. Norne needs to be less Norne to live.

sCPWEzq.png?1

I internally scream as Bord landed a critical hit on one of the wyverns, but I was too lazy to restart the map. At least it's not Cord. Bord actually benefits from a kill.

JFMTsvV.png?1

As I give Samto wyvern kills, I consider looking up his growth rates, but choose not to, as I feel that it would curse my luck.

ZqWNtU0.png?1

Bord is my most accurate fighter. He can also use the hauteclere now. Given that I have 3 axe users, I can only imagine where my hammerne uses will go.

IIhxZid.png?1

The worst part about Matthis promoting will be that he can no longer use swords, making me think about going back to binding blade, only to remember that I'm on chapter 7.

0gCwpZZ.png?1

Matthis continues to be an extreme example of what it's like to lack the least desired stats.

33XERaD.png?1

Unfortunately, it's been a very long time since Wrys has gotten speed. Given my luck with other growths, I have no right to complain. Over half of my team is far stronger than they have any right to be. Besides, Frost will be the MVP magic fighter.

usvlXL9.png?1

Turn 5 marks the most difficult part of the map. The next 2-3 turns have you face several dragons and other promoted enemies all within each other's range, with wyverns spawning 2 turns after you cross the forts, and more enemies spawn from the starting point instantly to swarm you. Either this is very intriguing map design with a complex situation to strategize around, or am I just a huge masochist, as this is always really fun for me to survive through.

aDEAGp9.png?1

Bantu has gotten speed more than Yubertram has gotten strength, Bantu has a 20% speed growth with crack.

pYsjyJW.png?1

I get on my knees and beg to my cartridge of FE12 for Cord not to land critical hits on these dragons. 

4Kdihhp.png?1

This way, Matthis can reach lvl 20 by the end of the chapter. If this doesn't satisfy Ruben, I will get IS to make the next Fire Emblem game be another 3 Houses title.

yK0c9wv.png?1

I play the first turn of this segment of enemies by creating a wall of my tankiest units. Specifically, they need enough HP and defense to tank these 2 promoted enemies.

LpXvn0L.png?1

Depending on your army's speed, the swordmaster is either not too much of an issue, or he will wipe your tanks out. A pure water can help, but it wasn't needed here.

C04EkoB.png?1

32 attack is kinda sca-

Cord: "DARROS!?!?"

Before I can get to his tale, I'll describe how turn 6 went.

UTa1UdO.png?1

1YexhT5.png?1

With Darros being far too close to the other fire clan members, I have no choice but to defeat as many of them as I can before the wyvern reinforcements arrive. To retreat would be dishonorable, and boring.

Catria receives the speed shard to take out the levin swordmaster.

40Uxgau.png?1

Q1db0NN.png?1

Given the two dragons above the screen, and the ambush spawn with 12 move, Cord is the only unit who could realistically tank them. However, it is more likely that the brigand will attack Catria with the tomahawk, blocking anyone else from letting Cord steal kills.

iKybGBj.png?1

It's only hit me now that Cord has had capped strength for basically all of his unpromoted phase after the prologue, but has rarely gotten strength as a berserker. That's probably a good thing if I don't want him taking kills.

JfZStZl.png?1

Now Marth has room to speak to the 2nd coolest unit in Archanea.

b46hA3C.png?1

Darros: "I should have known...that one day...you would be haunting me as well"

Marth: "I could say the same thing. Sometimes, I feel like my life since the last war has been nothing but hell. This is no different than anywhere else. You shouldn't be here. A lot of people shouldn't be here. Everything seems to go wrong for us. Perhaps I had died long ago, and this is my hell for failing to protect Cord or his kingdom when he left those few years ago."

Darros: "Oh my Gods, shut up already!"

Marth: ".....you see, this. This is why I hate my life. You all suck!"

Marth leaves, but Cord was quick to approach him

Cord: "Gods, is it really you Darros me boy!?"

Darros: "Cord, I never thought that you would be walking down this road too. Not so soon anyways."

Cord: "Well, things happen. Sometimes you get the bull, and sometimes you get a bomb that kills ya".

Darros: "Cord, what are you on about?"

Cord: "Long story. Point is, we got gorshed, and now we're also dead."

Darros: "Do I look dead?"

Cord: "Wait, is this not the fiery pits of hell? 

Darros: "No."

Matthis: "Hell looks more like Florida."

Cord: "Oh...well now I'm just plain confused. Where are we!?"

Darros: "I've been made to roam in this cesspit of a land of dragons for over a year. To this day, I don't got a damn clue. I know nothing anymore. All I can do is fight until I drop dead. They don't stop coming Cord. They never will. Once you're here, you can't escape.'

Cord: "Wait, you've been fighting dragons that long? How are you not level 20?"

Darros: "When I came to, I got a personal skill. It doesn't allow me to get any xp."

Cord: "That's disgusting...But, that doesn't make sense. How are you alive!? I saw your corpse. You were evicerated! It drove me mad! My most loyal and trusted retainer...gone. I had already lost Bord. To think that I had lost another. I couldn't stand the pain..."

Marth: "Okay, that's fine. I'll just go here and die too."

Darros: "I shouldn't be alive. I don't know how or why I'm here. For the longest time, I thought this was my personal hell. But I know that's not true. This feels too real."

Cord: "You don't know if that isn't just how it's supposed to feel".

Darros: "Oh nah, I met Satan. He was here to pick up somebody. Said this wasn't it."

Cord: "Oh...was he chill?"

Darros: "Eh, more or less. I tried asking him why I'm here, but then they laughed and left, so they're kind of an ***hole."

Cord: "Err...what did he look like?"

Spoiler

0ySCOj3.png?1

Cord: "Well, I'm getting you outta here! No way I'm staying here forever!"

LgN1nnZ.png?1

With that mediocre attempt of dialogue over with, I continue routing the enemy, placing Bantu in range of the wyvern's range, basically guaranteeing that they won't all try to swarm Cord and game end him.

Everyone else mostly moves down to deal with the lower enemies on the beginning of the bridge.

iy3Fig0.png?1

As fun as I find it to deal with them, it is probably not fun for anyone who isn't familiar with their spawn, as 12 moves and 20 speed is ridiculous when not prepared. I prefer it on lunatic where they appear on turn 4, as you are extremely unlikely to be in their range by then unless you're pointlessly trying to rush, and their -2 range makes them easy picks for silver bow users.

ZfO8WBU.png?1

Bantu dodges once, which almost broke his back.

hWAGPkv.png?1

On turn 7, the last turn of these series of walking xp bags, Bord sets up a kill for Norne.

EssP6Zl.png?1

With some chip damage from Warren and Wrys, Matthis confirms the worthlessness of the dragonpikes that I purchased.

GoQx4VN.png?1

Every point of speed is appreciated, as he will lose 2 points of speed upon reclassing to a General.

rDurBCp.png?1

I set up a joke to trash on Ruben's pick when he fails to get a critical hit, but the power of his birthday being nearby made him actually do something.

IsKkrfA.png?1

Although Samto could be using forged steel bows, I can't stop using his iconic M1911A1. I would have to forge a new steel bow, and I don't have the funds for that right now. 

cm4dmCT.png?1

Once again, I am more grateful for skill over anything else.

xxPvWZ5.png?1

New Mystery, despising Marth, doesn't give you the falchion until right before endgame, making the wyvernslayer the closest thing to a personal weapon I can give him in the PMU, as no one else specializes in swords.

qvk5xRV.png?1

Although Marth could easily catch up with a couple more level ups, I want to prioritize the non free units, so this will be a rarity. 

hp1jZ0L.png?1

Before anyone else could call dibs, Matthis sprints to Cord to take down the worn out dragon.

jBuKT4w.png?1

Samto gives Matthis a high five as he guns down the other dragon, and they relish in their kill count.

Cord begins to ponder whether his army might actually be the bad guys.

qAhhpfZ.png?1

Many turns of walking go by, but on turn 16, Cord goes the wrong way and several dragons surround him.

Norne gives Catria a heart attack by shooting an arrow dangerously close to her.

rYKLqqw.png?1

Norne smiles as she knows her strength growth will absolve her of all crimes.

8PhQtA0.png?1

Warren would unironically be amazing on lunatic.

3r4eaPB.png?1

If strength is your favorite stat, he's your guy. You can reclass him to archer to increase his speed growth if you don't need too much strength and want to get him to be faster.

n3CVZae.png?1

This was a riskier move, but Catria could always take them out otherwise. To at least one person, that's worth a reset.

kxXnymW.png?1

Yubaka might've had some strange growths and silly banter, but I think we can both agree that Matthis is just a solid unit in the PMU.

3FASLvP.png?1

Bantu asserts his dominance over the dragon millennials.

CgCEPaD.png?1

By the the end of turn 20 (far longer than I'd like to admit, a lot of healing and turns of just forgetting to move people), Cord finds a possible exit, but trips on a tripwire, seemingly alarming all dragons of their presence.

I set up my units to prepare for the reinforcements that appear basically everywhere.

wK33cF0.png?1

Wanting to get revenge for what Norne did, she steal her kill by landing a critical hit. It will take a lot out of me to drop her later on for Astram and Sheema. She is the only person who can use the ladysword, and will likely be necessary in chapter 15, 17, 19, and probably 21. Realistically, I'd bench one of my 3 archers/hunters. Of course, I'll try to cycle and use everyone, but I'd realistically place much less focus on some units when trying to make the late game units work. Thanks @FlyingKitsune. Really appreciate Astram. That won't be a nightmare to max out. 

vhhFbpr.png?1

Marth and Bord do a well enough job striking at the oncoming wyverns. Was honestly hoping a 3rd one would attack Yuben10, but there's plenty of wyverns from the starting forts.

RgQDEyP.png?1

If Norne doesn't take advantage of the wyvern infestation now, she will be bullied relentlessly by Samto when this is all over.

mYxMOvu.png?1

It occurs to me that even with only 10 strength, Norne would likely reach Tomas's strength if she promoted now, and would be much faster too.

But there's one thing she'd never have.

Style, grace, and a lust for the death of Jeigan even though Jeigan isn't relevant in this PMU

hSWVQVD.png?1

Yubashful barely gets the kill here. Such was only possible because Norne gave him her strength shard out of pity.

YnhdwcY.png?1

You gotta be f**king kidding me.

B4DRz1O.png?1

It's best to have someone bait 2 of the 3 wyverns when the further wyverns approach. If you wait for them, they might head to a spot where you can't reach any of them, and they'll eat your weaker units alive with their 12 move that you might not be able to outrun.

yzcqn4c.png?1

sSfzRU6.png?1

You are infinitely better as a mage.

PSDVDgw.png?1

You are infinitely better as a hunter.

e7TYYyC.png?1

Meanwhile, Yubackstab dangerously approaches my "I don't like you very much" list as he disappoints me with every level up. The next one has to work. It just has to.

Gjc8ODc.png?1

This was just a stupid move, but it worked out.

z9NVFfy.png?1

On enemy phase, he levels up and gives me an appreciation for New Mystery Marth. I will say though that Old Mystery Marth approaches his enemy like a chad.

lOmZ4i7.png?1

Cord deals some chip damage and is close to 60 HP. I don't really have anything to say.

p8OXApO.png?1

Having mostly lost my mind by now, I desperately hope for Yubasedo to be based.

PbY8dyV.png?1

The joy I experienced cannot be described, as it would get me in trouble.

A4uNRDf.png?1

The stage took far longer than it should've, but I've basically given up on turn counts at this point. I'm using Bantu. This was never going to be even remotely efficient.

Spoiler

Cord: "What about this place is so impossible to leave anyways?"

Bord: "Oi! What's that over there? Looks like some tiny fire dragon trapped in a cage"

Yubrexit: "Oh! It's a dragon spawner! We are in the nether!"

Bord: "Oh for fu- Boy! Stop laughing! This ain't a minecraft refer- ohh. Damnit."

Yubozar: "We just have to mine it! It'll stop all further spawning."

Darros: "That's it? It's been that simple...ALL THIS TME!?"

Yubadguy: "Get with the times you boomer."

Wrys: "Something tells me there's more to this..."

Security: "THREAT DETECTED" "FLAME GENERATOR DESTROYED" "CODE RED" "RELEASING ALL 776 UNITS TO WIPE OUT THREAT"

Darros: "Damn! They're going all out! I've faced a few dozen at once, but that many! We can't stay here!"

Cord: "Qucikly everyone! Through that comedically long stairca- agh! Damnit! Wyverns are already breaching through. We have to fight them off!"

Darros: "There's no time King Cord! I'll keep them distracted! Everyone else, get out now!!"

Cord: "Are you f**king crazy!? I just saved your *** after thinking you had died all this time! I'm not losing you again!"

Darros: "I am dead! I'm not about to defy death like this! I've lost my life to that witch once! Let my 2nd one be an honorable sacrifice! I'll be able to finally rest in piece if you let me perform my duties as your retainer!"

Cord: "I....No. I understand....Thank you Darros. It was an honor to have you by my side."

With one final nod and a fist bump, Cord and Darros part ways. Darros strikes, and several wyverns go down. He charges right to the fort's entrance, forcing all dragons to get through him first. Blood splatters and the thunking of limbs striking the ground can be heard as everyone makes their escape. Even after 5 stories of stairs, screams could still be heard. After minutes of running, they come across a gate with a large ladder on the other side. The gate was open, and everyone runs inside, pushing the gate from the other side to lock it. As everyone begins climbing the ladder. Darros is seen being cornered on the other side of the gate. Fire dragons surround him everywhere, and his axe was broken. Terrified, Cord simply stared as the dragons approached Darros. Right before they attack, Marth grabs Cord and turns his head away. When Marth looked back, he was gone. The only remains was a bandana between the teeth of a dragon.

Marth: "Cord! We have to go NOW!"

Cord: "I- I couldn't save him..."

Marth: "We will get our revenge...but not until we get out of here! Don't let his sacrifice be in vain!"

Cord: "Damn it all...I will avenge you Darros...I swear it!"

They climb as the dragons try to break the gate open. When they broke it down, Marth and Cord had climbed high enough where they could not reach them with fire breath. 

Security: "TARGET HAS ESCAPED" "COMMENCING PROTOCOL 12"

The dragons retreat, returning to their forts to exit through alternative means.

After what felt like hours, everyone finishes climbing, and when they reached the top, they opened a hatch that led to the outside of a frozen palace.

Samto: "Well that could've gone better"

Next time:

Spoiler

udBo7Pu.png?1

W34kyS7.png?1

Here's your birthday present in advanced Ruben. Happy Telegraphist Day.

Spoiler
 9 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Damn. It must be because the house always wins.

He won all right. He won a one-way ticket to hell resort.

I was going to make a meme of you being that fish yelling 3 days, because I assume you're referencing that, but by the time I post this, your birthday will probably be tomorrow.

Not quite. Your maths are all wrong, Shaky.

That is NOT what I said! Now I'm going to reuse that name on several occasions!

You wouldn't dare.

Wow. I can't wait to hear how everyone else ranks on that complex ranking system!

Setsuna tier: Setsuna.

Setsuna's daughter tier: Mitama.

Setsuna's bitch boy tier: Azama.

Not Setsuna: Everyone else

No actually it's like this

Rebellions are like seeds tier: The funny gray man

13 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

A shame it doesn't count. I'd like to see how people react to me putting Last Promise above most of their favorite games on a tier list.

I mean, I'd put multiple hacks just below Conquest. Lonely Mirror, Sun God's Wrath, Storge... just three examples of games that run circles around most official FEs. Lonely Mirror even has a unique spin on the typical "evil cult" trope. Imagine that.

14 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Hey. I literally dedicated several wyvern kills to Matthis! Ya know, your OTHER pick! I coulda benched him for Cord because cavs clearly don't work in sand.

You know, with all the Yubello bickering, it's easy to forget Matthis was also my pick and has also grown into an absolutely insane unit. You know, skill aside. Man's kinda incredible. Again.

I had this plan to dedicate a full chapter to Matthis and Yubyleth, but maybe I should just give it all to Catria!

Your life ends the day that happens!

Thesis: Garon

Antithesis: Nohrian King Camilla

Thesis of a cruel king: Kill the damn prisoners Corrin.

16 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Ruben finally experiences joy.

Sorry, I just picture you mumbling at every game you play now.

Pffft.

I mean, I don't do that. Not too often, at least. But feel free to make that your headcanon. Headcanons are always fun.

18 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

oRbZdia.png?1

No matter where you are, you can always count on Pocket Drill Grounds. Easy to carry. Easy to set up anywhere. 

He's going to be the most inaccurate wall in the world. But tremble in fear if he does land his blows. A worthy successor to Arran, I would say.

19 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

TR8Qb9x.png?1

Being the hungry rat he is, Matthis eats up way too many stat boosters, most of which increases accuracy. 

17 speed and strength, 16 defense though. This guy's a monster. Again. Actually, yet again. I've seen it happen so many times now that I don't think I can trust the claim that Matthis bad anymore. Every time someone gives him a chance, he delivers.

19 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

kD4jqVN.png?1

I must clarify that I have not been rigging levels for Bantu anytime recently, but have done so occasionally for Bord and Yubig ben. This is not comforting.

Bantu best dragon.

20 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I debated for 7 minutes whether to give him the drops or be funny and ignore him. I decided to give him one of them, as I feel that I will cause Ruben to get a heart attack otherwise.

Good skeleton. Good skeleton.

21 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

19PtvRv.png?1

Norne, being boring, believes that speed is all you need to be a good unit.

You know, you said Astram or Bantu, but I think this girl might need the drop more at this rate. Sheesh, and you complained about Yubello...

0gCwpZZ.png?1

Matthis continues to be an extreme example of what it's like to lack the least desired stats.

Jesus fucking Christ, Matthis. Don't slow down. Keep going. Prove your worth to all... once more.

22 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

aDEAGp9.png?1

Bantu has gotten speed more than Yubertram has gotten strength, Bantu has a 20% speed growth with crack.

I like how you're grasping at straws at this point to avoid acknowleding that Yubello has capped speed as a level 16 fighter.

4Kdihhp.png?1

This way, Matthis can reach lvl 20 by the end of the chapter. If this doesn't satisfy Ruben, I will get IS to make the next Fire Emblem game be another 3 Houses title.

Do you need to, though? Do you? As far as I recall, nothing was announced in the direct, which leads me to believe that they've finally cancelled the series. So that's too bad.

I would joke about not being bitter, but I would not be joking, because as we all know, a legend came alive and saved the direct from the gutter that IntSys left it in.

27 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Darros: "Oh nah, I met Satan. He was here to pick up somebody. Said this wasn't it."

Cord: "Oh...was he chill?"

Darros: "Eh, more or less. I tried asking him why I'm here, but then they laughed and left, so they're kind of an ***hole."

Cord: "Err...what did he look like?"

Hide contents

0ySCOj3.png?1

Okay, that was actually brilliant. I should've seen it coming, and yet I didn't. Thanks for the shit-eating grin, I needed that.

27 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

iy3Fig0.png?1

As fun as I find it to deal with them, it is probably not fun for anyone who isn't familiar with their spawn, as 12 moves and 20 speed is ridiculous when not prepared.

Yeeeah no. I'll defend FE12 to the full extent of my ranting abilities, but this is pushing it. They just needed to put three fire dragons there, and it would've been okay. But wyverns? Those guys cover so much range that chances are someone will get erased if you don't know they're coming. Never did like this part of this map, no.

28 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

GoQx4VN.png?1

Every point of speed is appreciated, as he will lose 2 points of speed upon reclassing to a General.

Woo! Let's see you cap that strength, my man Matthis. All it takes is one point...

29 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

rDurBCp.png?1

I set up a joke to trash on Ruben's pick when he fails to get a critical hit, but the power of his birthday being nearby made him actually do something.

Who would've thought. Kaga is giving me a birthday gift.

30 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

IsKkrfA.png?1

Although Samto could be using forged steel bows, I can't stop using his iconic M1911A1.

Give him an equally iconic M1911A2.

Cord begins to ponder whether his army might actually be the bad guys.

We can't be the bad guys! We've got Wrys!

rYKLqqw.png?1

Norne smiles as she knows her strength growth will absolve her of all crimes.

Oh, finally! That's more like it, girl.

You can reclass him to archer to increase his speed growth if you don't need too much strength and want to get him to be faster.

And then you get to watch him lag behind with his newfound armor knight move.

kxXnymW.png?1

Yubaka might've had some strange growths and silly banter, but I think we can both agree that Matthis is just a solid unit in the PMU.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Capped strength! I knew you could do it! Matthis never fails me.

It occurs to me that even with only 10 strength, Norne would likely reach Tomas's strength if she promoted now, and would be much faster too.

But there's one thing she'd never have.

Style, grace, and a lust for the death of Jeigan even though Jeigan isn't relevant in this PMU

Her hairdo is also a lot less funny. For shame!

YnhdwcY.png?1

You gotta be f**king kidding me.

I keep calling you spiteful, but I think the spiteful one here is Yubi. He heard your constant mockery and decided "okay then, now I won't get strength ever, see how you like it."

37 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Meanwhile, Yubackstab dangerously approaches my "I don't like you very much" list as he disappoints me with every level up. The next one has to work. It just has to.

I believe. I will never stop believing.

PbY8dyV.png?1

The joy I experienced cannot be described, as it would get me in trouble.

See? All you need is a little faith. Positive reinforcement, Shaky. It tends to work better with kids than so called tough love.

40 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Samto: "Well that could've gone better"

Words to live by.

40 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

udBo7Pu.png?1

W34kyS7.png?1

Here's your birthday present in advanced Ruben. Happy Telegraphist Day.

This is the best Telegraphist Day gift I've ever gotten.

Especially the boots I spy in Matthis's inventory. Oh, that's gonna be fun.

8 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

I don't know who that is, but I think it's better that way. I'm playing a freaking FE game with silly units for laughs. What have I done?

Norm Macdonald is a comedian, tragically and recently deceased. I'd be careful about him though. One of his closest friends, Adam Eget, was a virulent holocaust denier. He also used to jerk guys off under the Queensboro Bridge.

8 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Warren: "I- I can't believe it...Catria...I need answers"

Oh right, I forgot these two had a subplot or something. Eventually we'll need to address the undead as well.

On 2/13/2022 at 5:15 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

War is like soup: we must salt it.

POV: You´re Scipio on your way to Carthage.

19 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Rebel against Garon they said. There wouldn´t be warcrimes they said.

Spoiler

1321224296_Screenshot(50).png.a378fc8477bb419e791a5acba07783ca.png

A bad day to be rebel scum. 

I wonder if I can get him to cap speed. I do want to use at least one speedwing on Matthis

According to SF Manaketes max at 20 SPD and you have what, 15 lvls to go?

I want to say you´re good, but I ain´t jinxing it.

Now a shining Luck stat on the other hand... :P

Cord deals some chip damage and is close to 60 HP. I don't really have anything to say.

Does attacking with 26 STR constitute as chip damage? I feel chonk damage would be a much more appropriate term at that point. 

On 2/14/2022 at 2:03 PM, Shaky Jones said:

ZqWNtU0.png?1

Bord is my most accurate fighter. He can also use the hauteclere now. Given that I have 3 axe users, I can only imagine where my hammerne uses will go.

You love to see it

Replies:

Spoiler
On 2/14/2022 at 1:57 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Rebellions are like seeds tier: The funny gray man

I would trust this over a tier list based off optimal play.

You know, with all the Yubello bickering, it's easy to forget Matthis was also my pick and has also grown into an absolutely insane unit. You know, skill aside. Man's kinda incredible. Again.

Aye. Matthis has a 2-0 in being a cool unit, which isn't something I thought I'd experience. I have no idea if I'm using that phrase right.

Your life ends the day that happens!

You fool! I'm already dead! I would just come back to keep talking about 3 Houses!

17 speed and strength, 16 defense though. This guy's a monster. Again. Actually, yet again. I've seen it happen so many times now that I don't think I can trust the claim that Matthis bad anymore. Every time someone gives him a chance, he delivers.

Why would you ever have trusted them to begin with? Those people would say Cord is bad and Tomas is unusable!

You know, you said Astram or Bantu, but I think this girl might need the drop more at this rate. Sheesh, and you complained about Yubello...

It's funny to complain about Yubello. It's just depressing to see Norne's strength.

I like how you're grasping at straws at this point to avoid acknowledging that Yubello has capped speed as a level 16 fighter.

That's usually how my Cords turn out (the actual cord, not the AU), but with actual damn strength!

Fine. It's your birthday. I'll give you this. He has been an amazing set up for kills.

Do you need to, though? Do you? As far as I recall, nothing was announced in the direct, which leads me to believe that they've finally cancelled the series. So that's too bad.

Hey, I was ecstatic to know that we didn't get a Genealogy remake! Gives more chances for...literally any other FE game.

Yeeeah no. I'll defend FE12 to the full extent of my ranting abilities, but this is pushing it. They just needed to put three fire dragons there, and it would've been okay. But wyverns? Those guys cover so much range that chances are someone will get erased if you don't know they're coming. Never did like this part of this map, no.

I dunno. I find them fun to deal with. I mainly think they should've been there from the start. The wyverns would start off on that spot and would attack you either when you get in range or on a certain turn like 6 to punish players for playing turtle emblem. Am I being too much of an elitist here?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Capped strength! I knew you could do it! Matthis never fails me.

Fun Fact: Matthis actually has unholy blood unaccounted for in most FE sites that boost how powerful he is.

I keep calling you spiteful, but I think the spiteful one here is Yubi. He heard your constant mockery and decided "okay then, now I won't get strength ever, see how you like it."

See? All you need is a little faith. Positive reinforcement, Shaky. It tends to work better with kids than so called tough love.

I will punch him.

This is the best Telegraphist Day gift I've ever gotten.

I never got a telegraphist day gift.....

On 2/14/2022 at 9:57 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Norm Macdonald is a comedian, tragically and recently deceased. I'd be careful about him though. One of his closest friends, Adam Eget, was a virulent holocaust denier. He also used to jerk guys off under the Queensboro Bridge.

Used to? Oh well,

On 2/14/2022 at 9:57 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Oh right, I forgot these two had a subplot or something. Eventually we'll need to address the undead as well.

I really wish I didn't have to, but of f**king course the first pick on the post was Catria! 

On 2/15/2022 at 8:45 AM, Imuabicus said:

1321224296_Screenshot(50).png.a378fc8477bb419e791a5acba07783ca.png

This brings me great joy.

According to SF Manaketes max at 20 SPD and you have what, 15 lvls to go?

I want to say you´re good, but I ain´t jinxing it.

Now a shining Luck stat on the other hand... 😛

Manaketes cap at 20 to everything. Perhaps it's different for luck or something, but that doesn't matter for Bantu. However, dragons are unique in that rainbow potions stack with the dragon stone bonuses. Specifically, a normal unit with capped speed will not get any stat boosts for speed, but a dragon will. The +4 from a firestone or a divinestone will change to +6, making his highest potential speed be 26, enough to not get doubled by anyone in endgame (maniac).

I was hoping he'd cap strength too, but that seems unlikely. Sure there's stat boosters, but I have Astram and Sheema to deal with.

Does attacking with 26 STR constitute as chip damage? I feel chonk damage would be a much more appropriate term at that point.

If it's not a kill, it's but a scratch. You know how FE works. If they don't kill, they're bad. If they kill, they're bad for stealing kills.

On 2/15/2022 at 8:52 AM, Imuabicus said:

Noooo. don't empower him!

Chapter 13: It's Already Been 6 Days Since a Post?

Spoiler

Catria: "Yeah, okay. Yeah, okay! YEAH, OKAY! Cord, what the hell is going on anymore!?"

Cord: "Don't ask me! I don't even know what's happening anymore! We're literally just trying to get home."

Matthis: "What does it matter. We're here, so we fight."

Cord: "I'm tired of all these dra-"

pTfxvei.png?1

Bord: "God...damn!"

Samto: "Dude's got the timbs and everything."

Cord: "Sooo, where's your horse?"

Matthis: "Horses can't climb ladders."

Cord: "Ah, I'm sorry to hea-"

Matthis: "Dumbass."

Cord: "....."

uDpacSc.png?1

In Old mystery, ice dragons are just fire dragons, but are weak to fire tomes. In New Mystery, they have good crit, but low speed and drop more xp than killing a Paladin with Setsuna.

tX8uT36.png?1

A shame that heroes have a cap speed of 26. It would be funny to have a Bord with 28 to 30 speed.

SraxZu9.png?1

A few of you might be wondering why I didn't attack them with a javelin or just go for the thief. This was sadly not my first attempt, and on my winning try, the RNG loaded a world where the thief didn't skip leg day, making him impossible to double even with the scorpio shard. I wasn't prepared for that, and Catria was 1 damage off of killing with a javelin.

TACqhrZ.png?1

mzASGpK.png?1

Bantu and Yubeyond have a father-adopted child bonding moment. He was getting sick of Wrys bleeding black fluids every night, and he saw Bord more as a crazy but funny uncle.

Their time together was so heartwarming, that the nearby ice dragon realized that running away from their family was a mistake, and they went back home.

JpWBSa2.png?1

Not too far behind from Cord's army was a well dressed swordsman. attempted to approach Cord, but was halted by a brigand, who presumed he was British.

Belf: "How can you stand this freezing weather with such cheap cloth?"

Brigand: "We can't! I'm suffering from hypothermia!"

Tjse8YR.png?1

dKHtUeK.png?1

With the extremely strategic plan of trading an item, Marth shanks a hobo.

Rabe9gr.png?1

Belf: "Why do you seek us out?"

Mage: "Ahahaha! Look at this dude's dress!"

Brigand: "Mans getting ready to head to the ball!"

Thief: "Dude thinks he livin in 1600!"

Belf: "......"

4cOHF0N.png?1

It's a good day when a steel axe has 100 hit.

9sd72JB.png?1

This was not how I wanted to use my first hauteclere, but I need the accuracy. Pretend this didn't happen.

pTj7CYL.png?1

Come to think of it, Yubrusho's skill is rather low. There's no way my Yuboarllo is capping nearly as many stats as Ruben's. He'll say it's my fault.

mtegena.png?1

The wyverns swoop from the skies to attack Yubrat-o, but Matthis sprints right to them, punching them with a lethal blow to face. 

Even when Matthis gets doubled, he takes less than half of his health. It was at this moment that I realized that Matthis is un-killable.

XI8V4AC.png?1

I don't see who could use the experience more.

3QSTFUn.png?1

I am heavily considering giving Bantu the energy drop so he can have more double digit stats.

3nNXpRB.png?1

Oux2iMu.png?1

I really should be nicer to Yubraces. 23 speed and 19 defense is solid regardless of difficulty. 

But where is my damn strength!

It's not even a good level up...

NvcDLLA.png?1

The thief desperately tries to flee. Matthis gives him a 10 second head start, then chuckles as he practically teleports in front of him, shoving the man inside the chest and repeatedly impales him with a lance to fill the chest with his blood.

ARynnaY.png?1

Matthis is the new Arran. He will be busted now, but will fall off in the final arc, where fire dragons have 25 speed, and Matthis's max speed would still get him doubled. With 45 might in endgame, Matthis would still die in 2 hits even with 30 defense and 60 HP. I say this because I don't want Matthis's tankiness to distract you from Bantu's potential.

PA7Hp3n.png?1

cez7w3e.png?1

Even when Samto can start wielding silver bows, I will probably never use it.

xhXjh7a.png?1

His stats will carry him and his glock all the way to victory town

which is located in hell.

xvxhr0M.png?1

TpENEub.png?1

Training Belf isn't the hard part. It's getting him to lvl 20 by the end of ch 14 while doing the same for Norne and Warren. Distributing xp in this game can be quite challenging when you don't have a dancer.

nz6ox2W.png?1

It's bizarre seeing how much hp Belf has.

VRjCHbL.png?1

Bord continues to pave the way for his friends by indulging in his power high, provoking dragons left and right.

JtMNB1l.png?1

"I've never used Norne before. I'm not dropping her. I need to see her get through the end. I'm not dropping her" is exactly what I kept telling my therapist for each dragon kill that came her way.

LPsKsdJ.png?1

By turn 6, Marth got ready to kill the horseman, but was very disappointed to see the talk command as an option.

C3n2jfI.png?1

Beck: "Yeah..."

Marth: "Ah.....okay then. Do you know what this place is?"

Beck: "No..."

Marth: "Okay..."

lwVzNl2.png?1

1 turn later, Matthis runs into ice deniers attempting to covering up evidence. Low res means nothing if you just don't let them hit back.

tYzuCxj.png?1

Tsn7TLy.png?1

Considering that the average might of enemies in the Altea arc is roughly 33 to 35, Catria needs to get 1 defense and a bit more health to be safe.

SHNXn3O.png?1

There are only so many ways I can say that Bord is really good. I only continue making this point to make Yubeorc look bad.

wNEjvdw.png?1

0fGsZuD.png?1

Hey, ya did a good! Now you only need to get that 5 times in a row to catch up to Samto/Warren.

zUwDJdb.png?1

I considered using an arms scroll so Belf could use a wyvernslayer, but I felt like it wasn't necessary. I'd prefer waiting for him to reach higher ranks with swords, given that Marth is my only other sword guy. Belf is most likely going to be the Mercurius wielder, unless Astram is stubborn to give it away.

HAln5zb.png?1

I wish Cord wasn't a berserker. These crit rates scare me.

qq65Iy2.png?1

8DAtzGX.png?1

Marth's extreme prejudice against dragons shines once more, as it fueled his desire to become stronger.

8CSTELW.png?1

jzU6I0Q.png?1

My absolute genius tactic of holding a shard allowed me to give Matthis a kill he has no need for whatsoever.

mtL9HWI.png?1

Bad news. Matthis is getting doubled for most of the late game. Good news. He'll take roughly 8 to 10 damage per fight anyways.

2qmPCt4.png?1

I just realize now that I may have to save a speedwing for Frost if I want him surviving any fights. Simply having him heal would be a crime to the best Archanean character.

3DhoxgG.png?1

9GQ2kCt.png?1

Matthis killed the dragon on turn 9. This is turn 20. 11 turns were just spent having the rest of my team catch up here. And then 11 more turns pass setting up my team to approach the center island of dragons to wipe them out without being swarmed by them or the reinforcements that appear if you don't kill the boss. 2/3 of the map was just me walking, giving me memories of playing Genealogy. 

N41NIQD.png?1

Using the scorpio shard, Marth makes the first move by making a sculpture out of the ice dragon.

pfJLMTo.png?1

Defense is practically worthless, since Marth's frail body makes him a prime target for being bullied regardless of growths.

elfRolG.png?1

nrjh6F2.png?1

There we go! Look at his guy! 

Ya really do love to see it.

7o1OK8O.png?1

8Wzdn89.png?1

Hey, don't say I'm giving your units the shaft, Rubber. Matthis is a beast. Then again, that term might be an insult to you since it sounds like I'm calling him laguz.

X0t1rLj.png?1

His axe is about to break. What will that say about him being basedo?

6LjLO75.png?1

Cord: "Seeing this baby in action reminds me of the good ol days of Cordcoin! Got Minerva to pay her axe for one! Good times."

Bord: "Yeah, cuz I straight up killed her servants. We kinda forced her, remember? Thank gods she seemed to have forgotten..."

Cord: "Shush! Don't ruin the moment!"

Marth: "If only they all went down..."

1ckOsro.png?1

Cord: "Dammit...Bord, that was your fault!"

0GKUidu.png?1

Cord: "Finally, hopefully it's less chilly in there."

Belf: "Excuse me Sir. Would you happen to know of these whereabouts?"

Cord: "What the- who are you? You tryna stalk us?"

Belf: "Sincerest apologies. I simply wished to ask for directions, but these ruffians sought to interrupt the possibility of a proper meeting. My name is Belf. I have come here in search of my father."

Cord: "And you think they're in a frozen wasteland?"

Belf: "Of course not, but I heard that somewhere around this area is a palace in which a wise sage resides. He will answer any 3 questions and grant you 1 wish."

Cord: "That so? Looks like my luck has turned around! We gotta get in that palace fast!"

Belf: "You're certain this building is the location?"

Cord: "No, it's probably just a random house in the middle of Antartica surrounded by dragons. OF COURSE IT'S THE PLACE!"

Belf: "My. How rude. In any case, would you allow me to accompany you? I've been taught how to fight. I know my way with a blade."

Cord: "I dunno...you sound kinda British."

Belf: "It's untrue. I have unfortunately have taken an unhealthy habit of drinking too much tea."

Cord: "Oh, well, sure then. Why not?"

Belf: "Excellent."

This chapter was pretty broing to write on ngl. It was fun feeding kills, but there's not much to say when you repeat the same thing 5 times then walk for 22 turns. Not the best content...

Next time: 

Spoiler

iqWlJz4.png?1

Wow! What a fun and fair looking map! I sure hope I don't die endlessly to hidden ballistae users and other unknown enemies! 

Edited by Shaky Jones

Spoiler
 33 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I would trust this over a tier list based off optimal play.

Definitely.

Aye. Matthis has a 2-0 in being a cool unit, which isn't something I thought I'd experience. I have no idea if I'm using that phrase right.

He turns out well in every one of my runs where I use him, he turns out well any time other people use him... Sheesh. He really just needs for someone to trust him.

Why would you ever have trusted them to begin with? Those people would say Cord is bad and Tomas is unusable!

Too true. They're not based. Like us.

35 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

That's usually how my Cords turn out (the actual cord, not the AU), but with actual damn strength!

Fine. It's your birthday. I'll give you this. He has been an amazing set up for kills.

Apparently it's been my birthday for four days now.

Still, thanks.

Fun Fact: Matthis actually has unholy blood unaccounted for in most FE sites that boost how powerful he is.

I believe it.

I will punch him.

You sure? He may have lesser strength, but with that speed he's going to run a circle around you and punch you instead before you have time to say "omae wa."

I never got a telegraphist day gift.....

Matthis capping strength is your telegraphist day gift.

Too late. I have already turned the entire world into Garon.

36 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Bord: "God...damn!"

Samto: "Dude's got the timbs and everything."

Cord: "Sooo, where's your horse?"

Matthis: "Horses can't climb ladders."

Cord: "Ah, I'm sorry to hea-"

Matthis: "Dumbass."

Fs in chat for Matthis's horse.

mzASGpK.png?1

Bantu and Yubeyond have a father-adopted child bonding moment. He was getting sick of Wrys bleeding black fluids every night, and he saw Bord more as a crazy but funny uncle.

Their time together was so heartwarming, that the nearby ice dragon realized that running away from their family was a mistake, and they went back home.

Awww. So wholesome.

...Wait, Wrys does what? Gawron? Is that what you're trying to imply here, Shaky...?

38 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

JpWBSa2.png?1

Not too far behind from Cord's army was a well dressed swordsman. attempted to approach Cord, but was halted by a brigand, who presumed he was British.

Belf: "How can you stand this freezing weather with such cheap cloth?"

Brigand: "We can't! I'm suffering from hypothermia!"

Oooh right, I forgot Belf was drafted. By Anonymous, right? Well, either way, glad to see some Sable Knights representation here.

42 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Rabe9gr.png?1

Belf: "Why do you seek us out?"

Mage: "Ahahaha! Look at this dude's dress!"

Brigand: "Mans getting ready to head to the ball!"

Thief: "Dude thinks he livin in 1600!"

Belf: "......"

I mean, yes.

But that's why he's cool.

43 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

9sd72JB.png?1

This was not how I wanted to use my first hauteclere, but I need the accuracy. Pretend this didn't happen.

Terrible. Don't you know you're supposed to hoard everything good for the final chapter?

44 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

pTj7CYL.png?1

Come to think of it, Yubrusho's skill is rather low. There's no way my Yuboarllo is capping nearly as many stats as Ruben's.

It's your--

He'll say it's my fault.

Yeah. It's your fault. Entirely.

Even when Matthis gets doubled, he takes less than half of his health. It was at this moment that I realized that Matthis is un-killable.

I remember when I had that moment in my FE12 LP. It was a great moment.

...Then I got him killed in the penultimate chapter by being a complete asshat moron. But we don't talk about that.

45 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

3QSTFUn.png?1

I am heavily considering giving Bantu the energy drop so he can have more double digit stats.

But... he'd just reach 9 strength.

I really should be nicer to Yubraces. 23 speed and 19 defense is solid regardless of difficulty. 

But where is my damn strength!

It's not even a good level up...

What did I say? Positive reinforcement! This is getting you nowhere!

ARynnaY.png?1

Matthis is the new Arran. He will be busted now, but will fall off in the final arc, where fire dragons have 25 speed, and Matthis's max speed would still get him doubled. With 45 might in endgame, Matthis would still die in 2 hits even with 30 defense and 60 HP. I say this because I don't want Matthis's tankiness to distract you from Bantu's potential.

Bahahahaha... Ahh, there's still time for him to cap res too.

52 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

nz6ox2W.png?1

He's supposed to be the tanky Sable, after all.

53 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

0fGsZuD.png?1

Hey, ya did a good! Now you only need to get that 5 times in a row to catch up to Samto/Warren.

I believe in her. She'll pull it off.

53 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

mtL9HWI.png?1

Bad news. Matthis is getting doubled for most of the late game. Good news. He'll take roughly 8 to 10 damage per fight anyways.

And deliver a mighty punch back!

54 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Simply having him heal would be a crime to the best Archanean character.

Preach.

nrjh6F2.png?1

There we go! Look at his guy! 

Ya really do love to see it.

I won't lie, I kinda do.

8Wzdn89.png?1

Hey, don't say I'm giving your units the shaft, Rubber. Matthis is a beast. Then again, that term might be an insult to you since it sounds like I'm calling him laguz.

I can't believe Shaky is from Begnion.

Still, love the way Matthis is turning out. He only needs 5 points to cap speed, too. Hope he can find the time to pull it off.

56 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Belf: "It's untrue. I have unfortunately have taken an unhealthy habit of drinking too much tea."

I love your version of this guy already.

On 2/20/2022 at 2:11 PM, Shaky Jones said:

Used to? Oh well

Oh well? Where you looking to pay a visit to the bridge?

Oh wow, he has capped skill right off the bat, too.

Having made a daily habit of drinking 48+ ounces of tea, I can safely say this does not actually happen in real life, for all I feel towards the British is contempt.

On 2/20/2022 at 3:17 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Cult of the Based T-Posers (CBT)

On 2/20/2022 at 3:17 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I believe it.

Aren't most growth rates determined by data-mining? So there might be hidden mechanics at play affecting growth rates, ones which would go unnoticed if hidden well enough, but would affect empirical observations. FE12 has some weirdness about its growth rates anyway, with levels coming from "sets" of possible levels if I remember right.

On 2/20/2022 at 11:11 AM, Shaky Jones said:

Marth's extreme prejudice against dragons shines once more, as it fueled his desire to become stronger.

yrermxwr6fq61.jpg?width=569&auto=webp&s=596c62f53dba1b8cfe4cebf8ca38d5ad346b04b4

My meme is relevant once again.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:11 PM, Shaky Jones said:

Manaketes cap at 20 to everything. Perhaps it's different for luck or something,

Yeah, 30 LCK acc. to SF main page

If they don't kill, they're bad. If they kill, they're bad for stealing kills.

And then there´s Ests. Doing neither and still being bad. 

I am Garon, you are Garon, he/she/it is Garon, they are Garon, WE ALL ARE GARON!

0GKUidu.png?1

The Miklan experience - before all the ice was used for tea time.

C3n2jfI.png?1

I know I brought this up before already, but look at his frickin eyelids compared to his normal face - it´s like they only had four points left in the budget and somebody had to put in OT on Friday evening to draw lines. 

Matthis gives him a 10 second head start, then chuckles as he practically teleports in front of him, shoving the man inside the chest and repeatedly impales him with a lance to fill the chest with his blood.

Matthis Dimitrescu, the reverse mimic.

iqWlJz4.png?1

Wow! What a fun and fair looking map! I sure hope I don't die endlessly to hidden ballistae users and other unknown enemies! 

Hear me out - Ambush Spawns. Player moves to the east? Ambush Spawns. Player moves to the north? Ambush Spawns! Player dies to Ballista Bolts? Believe it or not *slams desk* AMBUSH SPAWNS!!! 

qq65Iy2.png?1

Marth's extreme prejudice against dragons shines once more, as it fueled his desire to become stronger

Caeda about to call PETA - Marth is stabbing the Lizards again.

Terrible. Don't you know you're supposed to hoard everything good for the final chapter?

Using good stuff = weakness, final chapter or not. 

Edited by Imuabicus

Replies:

Spoiler
On 2/20/2022 at 12:17 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

On 2/21/2022 at 4:46 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Cult of the Based T-Posers (CBT)

I'm all for this. We could even use Garon's T-pose as a symbol. 

Apparently it's been my birthday for four days now.

Still, thanks.

Your birthday ends after a week has passed.

Matthis capping strength is your telegraphist day gift.

Thanks for the gift. Maybe I can get a capped Yubello next year.

...Wait, Wrys does what? Gawron? Is that what you're trying to imply here, Shaky...?

Please tell me what Gawron is

The only time I have ever avoided hoarding was in my reverse lunatic run. I actually used most staves and plenty of regalia weapons. Sure I still had 15k extra gold and a free hammerne use, but...it's close enough!

What did I say? Positive reinforcement! This is getting you nowhere!

Grrr. I hate positivity! Did I ask Matthis to be good? No! He knows what's up!

I can't believe Shaky is from Begnion.

They call me Lekain.

Still, love the way Matthis is turning out. He only needs 5 points to cap speed, too. Hope he can find the time to pull it off.

That's the plan. The lvl 20 paladins in chapter 20 have 24 speed and capped strength. Since I don't have a nostank, and I'd really like to route the enemy, Matthis will be my best bet for making a chokepoint in the beginning so I don't get swarmed by 15 paladins.

Oh well? Where you looking to pay a visit to the bridge?

Is there a problem?

Having made a daily habit of drinking 48+ ounces of tea, I can safely say this does not actually happen in real life, for all I feel towards the British is contempt.

Thank God.

Aren't most growth rates determined by data-mining? So there might be hidden mechanics at play affecting growth rates, ones which would go unnoticed if hidden well enough, but would affect empirical observations. FE12 has some weirdness about its growth rates anyway, with levels coming from "sets" of possible levels if I remember right.

I'm not too sure about growth rates in FE12, but I do know there's an odd influence to growths at least in the drill grounds.

On 2/21/2022 at 6:47 PM, FlyingKitsune said:

yrermxwr6fq61.jpg?width=569&auto=webp&s=596c62f53dba1b8cfe4cebf8ca38d5ad346b04b4

My meme is relevant once again.

What is Fire Emblem without some good ol dragon racism?

On 2/23/2022 at 6:26 AM, Imuabicus said:

Matthis Dimitrescu

I never wanted to picture this. Why?

Hear me out - Ambush Spawns. Player moves to the east? Ambush Spawns. Player moves to the north? Ambush Spawns! Player dies to Ballista Bolts? Believe it or not *slams desk* AMBUSH SPAWNS!!! 

Guys I swear New Mystery is fun and strategic, no don't go!

And then there´s Ests. Doing neither and still being bad. 

I used Est in reverse lunatic, so haha! Est good! What do you feeding all the kills doesn't make her good? Shut up shut up shut up shu-

The Miklan experience

I'm not sure if I should be offended by this comparison, but I am.

Chapter 13x: Klein's Krazy Katastrophe

Spoiler

Having undergone countless trials of dragon slaying, Cord places his hopes of surviving this hellscape through the words of Belf, hoping to encounter this wise sage that may assist them in returning to Cord Castle and possibly putting a stop to Hardin's silly shenanigans. (This one is 95% text, 5% gameplay)

Cord: "You sure you didn't hear this tale off of some crazy person?"

Belf: "I assure you, this tale is not a lie. My father told me himself, and he was never one to lie, especially to his own son."

Cord: "You said you were looking for the guy? What, you want to just ask the the sage where he is? That's a waste of a wish."

Belf: "I've already informed you Sir. He answers 3 questions and grants 1 wish. Asking of my father is but one of 3 questions. The wish of for something else entirely. By the way, are you certain we are within the correct facility?"

Cord: "OF COURSE WE'RE IN THE CORRECT FACI- WHOOOOOAAAGHHH!!!"

Out of nowhere, some of Cord's army seemingly teleported randomly away from the building. There didn't seem to be any indication of what caused it, but about half of the army seemed to dissapear when walking through this rather dark area.

YuDrakeBello: "Careful everyone! This place is filled with warp tiles!"

Bord: "Warp tiles!? What kind of lunatic designed this place!?"

Meanwhile, the others find themselves in Greenland. The snowstorm breezing through the night was severely limiting their vision, blocking their ability to see the green in the land. After only a few steps, they encounter a blonde sniper who is not Jeorge.

???: "Fufufu, welcome...to your deathbed!"

Cord: "Who the hell are you! Show yourself! And who laughs like that!? It sounds stupid!"

???: "Well f**k you too! It's cool! Shut up!"

Cord: "Just tell me how cool you think you are so we can get this over with already! I'm busy."

???: "Ugh, Fine! I am the assassin who silences anyone our organization does not want roaming around this world. They call me Krazy Krucifier Kleine!"

Cord: "If you're with her, then the only thing your leader will get from this is your head on a stick!"

Kleine: "Good luck finding me. No one outside of the organization has ever seen my face! I am the darkness you fear!"

Cord: "You're the ***** that's annoying..."

Kleine: "You will pay for what you did to Racist Roro! He was so funny! He was like family to me!

Cord: "Fatherless."

Kleine: "Okay, now you're just being a d**k. Forget this. I'm just going to summon the ballistae boiz!"

2nBqnaa.png?2

Fun fact: I work at Inteligent Systems and remember the exact moment they implemented FoW mechanics into New Mystery.

Lucifer: "You know what Shadow Dragon lacked? Fog of war maps! It's why it tanked in sales! We need to bring it back. It's practically a staple!"

Your Mom: Obviously, we need to implement them in our gaiden chapters. Ballistae men in a small enclosed map is too boring!"

Maeda: "Athena is cute."

Your Mom: "Units only see 2 spaces away."

Lucifer: "Damn..."

CYMn3od.png?1

Oh thank Bartre! Please, keep getting those levels. I will retract most bad things I said about you!

94oQ3a3.png?1

I've played this game enough times to essentially memorize every enemy placement even with the fog. Clearly, they encourage replay-ability with this thought provoking system. 

6bVuBuC.png?1

After going back to Binding Blade and having my steel bow shots average to 70 hit, this feels relieving.

40x5IAl.png?1

Fun Fact: Warren is a good unit

qVxxIcQ.png?1

IhYlX3D.png?1

Belf: "Well goodness gracious! I'll be the jolly relative of an ape!"

Matthis: "You sound like a ******"

Belf: "That's rather a bit crude, Mr Matthis. By the way, where did you obtain that armor?"

Matthis: "Forged it from the scales of the dragons we gorshed."

Belf: "Ah, well, it suits you rather well, although you could certainly do with cleaning it every now and then, lest you wish to become the crimson reaper. On second thought, that's most likely what you're going for. I don't approve, but do not let me dictate your actions. I simply wanted to tell you that even if we don't seem to get along, I can sympathize with the loss of your dear horse. I know she was precious to you. All cavaliers value them like family. I lost a horse myself once. It still pains to remember the day I lost them."

Matthis: "Oh, that wasn't my horse."

Belf: "Wait, what?"

Matthis: "Yeah no, I just took it. Dude wasn't looking. I'm chilling right now, but you go work on that disease of yours, yeah? See ya."

Belf: ".....This is how I sound like...***hole."

p3ZNIFU.png?2

As Cord headed east to scout for enemies, he was ambushed almost immediately by Krazy Krucifier Kleine.

Kleine: "I'm gonna shoot your nu-"

Cord: "What the!? A loud annoying noise!". He says this as he instinctively throws his hand axe in the general direction of Kleine's yelling.

Kleine: "AAARGHH, F**K!! MY EYE!" An axe is lodged into the left half of her skull, but her desire to not look like a loser keeps her alive.

Ym225X2.png?1

YRgVZDP.png?1

oapx7jA.png?1

After seemingly routing the enemy, Cord returns to his allies, but Krazy Krucifier Kleine followed behind in a state of rage.

Kleine: "I'll stab through every bone in your body with this arrow!!"

pyMJPHN.png?1

DDB0qLC.png?1

Looking for chicks to entertain himself with, he sees Kleine and shot her in the other eye.

9Wntg5X.png?1

Damn. He's good too. This is great, but who will I drop for the new units? I already have 12 units, and I still have 3 more units to field later. Warren? I've already used him before. Ruben will say Catria. I guess I'll just swap between units with the last character. I'm not benching anyone else. Bord's awesome. I've never used Norne before. I refuse to give up on Bantu. Belf provides sable knight representation, and I'm still sad about Leiden. I will burn in hell if I bench Matthis. 

Obviously we can all agree that Yubencho should be gone.

SWHzvRA.png?1

Marth discovers a shield that can block the effectiveness of an arrow, but not the arrow itself. 

QpqUkoR.png?1

How can a ballistae be an assassin? They can't move. Do they live in this freezing forest? Do they get warped? Bad game.

isIzdjd.png?1

Cord: 'Urgh, how far even are we from the rest of the ga- HOLY CRAP!"

Samto: "Oh yeah, there was some blond tryna stab ya. Got her though."

Cord: "Wait, was that the lass who tried to threaten us?"

Samto: "Probably."

Cord: "Oh...that was underwhelming."

Samto: "Just like Greenland."

Cord: "Ya know, ya coulda kept her alive. We coulda interrogated her!"

Samto: "Every time I help out, I get yelled at. You guys are mean."

Cord: "I didn't mean tha-"

Samto: "And you're gay!"

Cord: ".....this conversation isn't going anywhere. Yuboy! Got any plan here?"

Yubelfo: "Well surely we'll find a town if we head west of he-"

Suddenly, the rest of the C Crew arrived, mostly by teleporting here.

Bord: "Argh! Damn these warp tiles! Oh, Cord! Guess we're both lost now."

Cord: "You know, maybe when we get teleported, you all should've gone with us! What, was your initial plan just to abandon us?"

Bord: "Oh yeah, let's blindly jump in the unknown warp tile and just fall into a pit of spikes."

Matthis: "I fell into a pit of spikes. Got out of it, but then I teleported again to an underground facility surrounded by weird golems. Tried approaching an edgy cavalier, but then I warped again, now here I am. Oh yeah, the castle you're looking for is right behind us."

Cord: ".....dammit, it is behind us. Why does life always wanna make me feel stupid?"

Bord: "Because you are, now let's go already!"

meanwhile, as the others catch up with Cord and Bord

Belf: "I am a bit offended that Cord hasn't apologized for not believing me. I knew that previous building could not have been the place."

Warren: "Things happen. You get used to it. Say, about the sage, is it true? Will he answer all of our questions?"

Belf: "Unfortunately, I am not certain if his 3 wishes apply to each individual or if it is a collective goal. For all we know, this only happens once, and he may have already granted this to someone else."

Warren: "All we can do is hope. There's...a lot...I need answers on. I cannot die peacefully until then."

Belf: "You seem to holding a lot of struggling memories within yourself. Pardon me if this sounds selfish, but it is relieving to see someone...normal here. I feel that no one can relate to me. My drive. You care for Catria, yes? I've only seen you for a short while, but I notice you're oddly close to her at all times as we walked through the frozen land of dragons."

Warren: "Well, it's nice to have someone like you around too. At this rate, the only thing it takes to make friends here is to have someone who isn't a lunatic. So, I feel like I can trust you, Or maybe I'm just too desperate to hold it in any longer. Catria...she was my wife."

Belf: "I'm sorry to hear that. But we must all learn to overcome the pain of losing a beloved relationship, even if the marriage was the happiest art of your life."

Warren: No, it wasn't a divorce. She...she died."

Belf: "Died? I mean, I heard occasional jokes about Bord being some powerful zombie, but is it really true that there are members among us who have fallen?"

Warren: "It's true. I...saw the moment she was murdered. She was soaring across the skies through the mountain tops with her whitewings, then she was slain...by Bord."

Belf: "Dear Gods..."

Warren: "She wasn't even fighting back. He just stuck her down with a hand axe, and she tumbled down through the sharp mountains...Gods...I can still see it...every time I close my eyes...what was left of her...when she fell to the bottom...near the village...

Belf: "Warren...I am so terribly sorry. I don't think anyone could truly be able to mentally survive such a tragedy. And to think the killer is the 2nd in command..."

Warren: "I was too saddened to do anything. Too weak...I couldn't avenge her. I...don't wan't to talk about the following week. But...about a month later, I hear that Bord had died in battle. This...only frustrated me. I wanted to be happy that perhaps divine judgement struck him down, but it wasn't enough..."

Belf: "I like to believe that justice comes to everyone eventually."

Warren: "I wanted to kill him so badly...I want him to die by my hands!"

Belf: "Vengeance is a natural emotion when a loved one is murdered, but it is not an acceptable one to allow to swallow you whole. It only damages you more. Nothing will be fixed."

Warren clenches his fists, holding back the urge to scream. Tears flow from his eyes. Blood seeps from his hands as his own nails dig into his skin.

Warren: "Justice is an illusion."

Belf: "This is much worse than I thought."

Warren: "Necromancy."

Belf: "I'm sorry?"

Warren: "Necromancy...this is how...you still see Catria today. I haven't answered your question yet."

Belf: "So it is real. I shouldn't be too surprised, given the sheer presence of magic in this world, but the idea of defying the laws of life by prolonging death...it's hard to imagine."

Warren: "Not too long after the IRS was destroyed by Cord, I was visited by someone. They never told me their name, but they seemed to know that I was very distraught. I...wasn't planning to keep going on. They offered a way to save her. I didn't care how suspicious this sounded. Nothing mattered to me anymore. I just wanted her back...so I agreed. I was warped to an odd looking place. It was very dark. I was asked a lot of questions about her. They also wanted my permission to take her body from the grave to revive her. I still don't get why they wanted that, but I wasn't going to complain then. This was obviously a part of something satanic, but I was ready to make any sacrifice. I knew it was coming..."

Belf: "What happened? Are you cursed? Was it a favor? If it is anything I can assist in, I will gladly do so."

Warren: "20 dollars."

Belf: "...what?"

Warren: "They asked me to pay 20 dollars, and that was it. They brought her to me from another room, then we were both sent off home. They didn't even give us time for a proper reunion. We were immediately warped home. At first I was confused, but happy. But then...she couldn't recognize me."

Belf: "Oh dear. I would say you've been scammed, but they did defy nature for... 20 dollars."

Warren: "I was still happy to see her alive and well of course, but it pained me to see her get freaked out when I broke down in tears. I wanted to hug her so badly...but to her, I was some creep. She tried leaving, but since we lived together, she quickly realized that she couldn't just fly away. So, we had a rather uncomfortable time together. I was still content just to see her again, but I felt bad knowing that she had lost all of the memories we had cherished together."

Belf: "At least you two were still together in some sense. I do believe you'll be able to create new memories together! Sure, she has a crush on Marth, but I honestly don't think he's...into girls...or anything really."

Warren: "I can only hope so...but now Bord's back too..."

Belf: Please, do not attempt to attack him. It will not help. You would be killed in an instant!"

Warren: "I'm aware. But it's not fair...Not only is Bord alive...but he seems to retain everything! Why does Catria forget me, but he gets to relive his days as some glorified hero!?"

Belf: "I...I don't know...it seems we really do require the sage. There is much more to this than meets the eye. But we will get through this."

Warren: "Yeah. Thanks for hearing me out. I feel like you're already my closest friend. We should catch up with the others, yeah? Maybe we can talk about your father next time if it helps get anything off of your chest."

Belf: "You are kind to offer that. Thank you."

Samto: Ohh my Gods, finally! Get over here already! You guys tryna speedrun going from C to S in one talk!?"

Warren: "Relax ya clown."

Belf: "Were you listening to our entire conversation?"

Samto: "I was, but I stopped paying attention when you said among us. Ah, I hate my humor."

Next time:

Spoiler

0JIJgMU.png?1

Dude started as a myrmidon, so he can use the wyvernslayer now that he has access to swords. That'll come in handy. 

Edited by Shaky Jones

Spoiler

The Wrys version of Garon.

Grrr. I hate positivity! Did I ask Matthis to be good? No! He knows what's up!

But Matthis is an adult. Yubello is a traumatized little boy. You have to treat him differently.

30 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

YuDrakeBello: "Careful everyone! This place is filled with warp tiles!"

Bord: "Warp tiles!? What kind of lunatic designed this place!?"

Insert smiling Japanese old man here

???: "Fufufu, welcome...to your deathbed!"

I wasn't expecting to see that laugh here--

Cord: "Who the hell are you! Show yourself! And who laughs like that!? It sounds stupid!"

Ahh I see, you included it to criticize it.

Too true, that's such a dumb spelling for laughter.

Krazy Krucifier Kleine

Uh... Maybe you should consider switching that first K for a C.

Kleine: "You will pay for what you did to Racist Roro! He was so funny!

Well, you've somehow made these guys more unlikeable than the base game. Congratulations.

2nBqnaa.png?2

Fun fact: I work at Inteligent Systems and remember the exact moment they implemented FoW mechanics into New Mystery.

Lucifer: "You know what Shadow Dragon lacked? Fog of war maps! It's why it tanked in sales! We need to bring it back. It's practically a staple!"

Your Mom: Obviously, we need to implement them in our gaiden chapters. Ballistae men in a small enclosed map is too boring!"

Maeda: "Athena is cute."

Your Mom: "Units only see 2 spaces away."

Lucifer: "Damn..."

I can believe that.

CYMn3od.png?1

Oh thank Bartre! Please, keep getting those levels. I will retract most bad things I said about you!

Ayyyyyy.

36 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Matthis: "Yeah no, I just took it. Dude wasn't looking. I'm chilling right now, but you go work on that disease of yours, yeah? See ya."

Belf: ".....This is how I sound like...***hole."

Your team is so dysfunctional that they got Belf to break character in only two updates.

Kleine: "AAARGHH, F**K!! MY EYE!" An axe is lodged into the left half of her skull, but her desire to not look like a loser keeps her alive.

Oh wow, we're already at Kleine. You weren't kidding, this update really is mostly text.

pyMJPHN.png?1

DDB0qLC.png?1

Looking for chicks to entertain himself with, he sees Kleine and shot her in the other eye.

...Wait, what in the world is the context for that line?

39 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

9Wntg5X.png?1

Damn. He's good too. This is great, but who will I drop for the new units? I already have 12 units, and I still have 3 more units to field later. Warren? I've already used him before. Ruben will say Catria. I guess I'll just swap between units with the last character. I'm not benching anyone else. Bord's awesome. I've never used Norne before. I refuse to give up on Bantu. Belf provides sable knight representation, and I'm still sad about Leiden. I will burn in hell if I bench Matthis. 

Catria is the obvious choice. She's the most regular, standard, bland character in your army of completely bizarre combinations of mid-and-low-tier characters and oddball class choices. She doesn't fit in.

...So yeah, Ruben will say Catria.

39 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Obviously we can all agree that Yubencho should be gone.

No.

43 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Got out of it, but then I teleported again to an underground facility surrounded by weird golems. Tried approaching an edgy cavalier, but then I warped again, now here I am.

I didn't know it was already "Ruben misses the reference" time.

47 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Warren: "Well, it's nice to have someone like you around too. At this rate, the only thing it takes to make friends here is to have someone who isn't a lunatic. So, I feel like I can trust you, Or maybe I'm just too desperate to hold it in any longer. Catria...she was my wife."

Belf: "I'm sorry to hear that. But we must all learn to overcome the pain of losing a beloved relationship, even if the marriage was the happiest art of your life."

Warren: No, it wasn't a divorce. She...she died."

Belf: "Died? I mean, I heard occasional jokes about Bord being some powerful zombie, but is it really true that there are members among us who have fallen?"

Warren: "It's true. I...saw the moment she was murdered. She was soaring across the skies through the mountain tops with her whitewings, then she was slain...by Bord."

Belf: "Dear Gods..."

Warren: "She wasn't even fighting back. He just stuck her down with a hand axe, and she tumbled down through the sharp mountains...Gods...I can still see it...every time I close my eyes...what was left of her...when she fell to the bottom...near the village...

Belf: "Warren...I am so terribly sorry. I don't think anyone could truly be able to mentally survive such a tragedy. And to think the killer is the 2nd in command..."

Warren: "I was too saddened to do anything. Too weak...I couldn't avenge her. I...don't wan't to talk about the following week. But...about a month later, I hear that Bord had died in battle. This...only frustrated me. I wanted to be happy that perhaps divine judgement struck him down, but it wasn't enough..."

Belf: "I like to believe that justice comes to everyone eventually."

Warren: "I wanted to kill him so badly...I want him to die by my hands!"

Belf: "Vengeance is a natural emotion when a loved one is murdered, but it is not an acceptable one to allow to swallow you whole. It only damages you more. Nothing will be fixed."

Oh wow. This is such an oddly serious and even somewhat deep exchange in this LP--

47 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Warren: "Justice is an illusion."

Aaaaand then you had to drop the Xander line and now I'm grinning at Elise's Siegfried scene again.

Damnit, Shaky.

50 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Warren: "I'm aware. But it's not fair...Not only is Bord alive...but he seems to retain everything! Why does Catria forget me, but he gets to relive his days as some glorified hero!?"

Belf: "I...I don't know...it seems we really do require the sage. There is much more to this than meets the eye. But we will get through this."

Warren: "Yeah. Thanks for hearing me out. I feel like you're already my closest friend. We should catch up with the others, yeah? Maybe we can talk about your father next time if it helps get anything off of your chest."

The thick plottens, and Warren and Belf become unlikely friends. Will they move against Bord next? Find out in the next episode of FE12 Maniac PMU: The Funky Sequel!

Spoiler
5 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

unknown.png

Is there a problem?

I mean, it's your constitutional right, I just wouldn't bring it up at Seder.

YuDrakeBello

Oh dear.

Cord: "Fatherless."

It's a shockingly consistent through-line.

pyMJPHN.png?1

Belf: "What happened? Are you cursed? Was it a favor? If it is anything I can assist in, I will gladly do so."

Warren: "20 dollars."

Belf: "...what?"

Warren: "They asked me to pay 20 dollars, and that was it. They brought her to me from another room, then we were both sent off home. They didn't even give us time for a proper reunion. We were immediately warped home. At first I was confused, but happy. But then...she couldn't recognize me."

Belf: "Oh dear. I would say you've been scammed, but they did defy nature for... 20 dollars."

This reminds me that I need to spend 20 dollars for the Aave Azura Revelations DLC route for Fire Emblem Fates on my Nintendo 3DS.

Replies:

Spoiler
On 2/24/2022 at 12:35 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, you've somehow made these guys more unlikeable than the base game. Congratulations.

They call me Intelligent Systems.

Oh wow, we're already at Kleine. You weren't kidding, this update really is mostly text.

Despite the fog garbage, I don't hate this map at all, because it's so short that death means nothing. Not counting time taking screenshot, this map took like 2 minutes.

...Wait, what in the world is the context for that line?

It's Samto's C support. 

No I won't clarify.

...So yeah, Ruben will say Catria

Well that's one, but I have 15 total units with 12 being the average limit. I need more space.

I might start to feel bad for the person who drafted Catria if we keep this up...

I didn't know it was already "Ruben misses the reference" time.

We need more of that.

Oh wow. This is such an oddly serious and even somewhat deep exchange in this LP--

Aaaaand then you had to drop the Xander line and now I'm grinning at Elise's Siegfried scene again.

Damnit, Shaky.

Gottem.

On 2/24/2022 at 7:17 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:
On 2/24/2022 at 11:44 AM, Shaky Jones said:

pyMJPHN.png?1

There it is.

The fact that you used it twice in a row gave me a good chuckle. Thanks.

On 2/24/2022 at 7:17 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

This reminds me that I need to spend 20 dollars for the Aave Azura Revelations DLC route for Fire Emblem Fates on my Nintendo 3DS.

But you need money for 3 Hopes' eventual DLC!

Chapter 14: Gotoh's Grand Gazeebo

Spoiler

Finally inside the true palace of the wise sage, Cord prepares to confront whomever may be waiting for them inside. If what Belf has said was true, he will finally have the answers to all of his questions, and they will finally be able to return to Altea. The army had nothing to say to each other. They simply marched on in, and embrace themselves for a hard battle.

qx1EkxN.png?1

Bantu stumbles across a Kaga's Drop, made from the tear of a Fire Emblem fan who couldn't believe that people enjoy Fates.

gHETMbo.png?1

I didn't need to train Belf

6dMAOW3.png?1

Of all the people that could've used a rainbow potion, Catria used it because she needed 2 more to speed and defense. The defense was to survive the thief's pets. The speed was to fuel her drug addiction.

4IUrD22.png?1

In front of this hall is approximately an amount of dragons and mages I don't remember.

Wrys blesses Matthis with the barrier staff, so he could become the ultimate tank.

Unfortunately, Matthis's reputation had already reached everyone's ears, and the dragons didn't even attempt to fight him.

66Rw1dU.png?1

Turn 1 was essentially nothing but Catria Emblem.

Catria continues to get Catria level ups to show why benching Catria would give me a bad time.

LkIvuVf.png?1

Matthis decided to take matter into his own hands. He called the dragons ******** *******.

ZGW3e1w.png?1

I am going to restart the map.

b3OsiB4.png?1

I am not going to restart the map.

rThe5n8.png?1

Samto lands a critical hit on the dragon. By that, I mean that the bullet went through Matthis and into the dragon. Both Samto and Matthis laughed.

hHmU5IL.png?1

If Intelligent Systems was intelligent, they would've kept the super effective damage that fire deals to ice dragons, giving Bantu much more utility, and making the game more fun to exploit the living hell out of. 

gLyHkDd.png?1

Where was Matthis when I played lunatic reverse? His stats surpass most units I have by now even when I actually use boring units.

GTFZYMs.png?1

Once the ping bow breaks, order will be restored, and new excuses for your awful skills will arise.

GYT17Nv.png?1

Before the events of FE11 occurred, Warren played TF2. He usually won most games, but purposely lowered his skill when Catria arrived so she can assume she was the gamer around town. 

kGqbh6o.png?1

Without feeding kills to struggling units, there is no fun in Fire Emblem.

r5UxQlr.png?1

On enemy phase, there was possible trouble, but a thief accidentally protected Samto from further harm from others. There was another thief and a dragon in the range of my wall if anyone was curious. Many other mages and thieves are close, but were out of range at this turn. I won't worry about them yet.

uDW5oyv.png?1

I should have worried about them.

jPmqsxp.png?1

Wrys uses physic from a distance, and I only just realized that he only has 9 more levels in him.  A bit of a shame, but I suppose he's not the star mage.

mKnlDlA.png?1

I perform an action that some would call a tactical retreat. Others would say it's running away like a child. I say I'm following in France's footsteps.

Smy5sPd.png?1

As much as I wanted to have Matthis solo the map and reach lvl 20, my efforts were halted by Gangrel, who brought his iconic levin sword to slay the mighty Matthis.

No, I am not dumping my future talismans on Matthis. They're going to Bantu.

s82RHux.png?1

Turn 5 was really, really hard

Od8WvQQ.png?1

but speed motivated me to look for any possible way to clear them all out this turn.

That and Matthis's level up.

zOLlkNE.png?1

While the map is almost infuriating with the sheer amount of enemies centered in one hall, they all drop incredible xp, so it almost feels like one last chance to dump xp into your units before you reach the late game.

0UqcvQf.png?1

It pains me to see people clown the sable knights as nobodies even today. Maybe you'd know if you actually tried the person you're clowning on, rather than use Palla for the 7th time.

BvHMYAE.png?1

My biggest regret was not giving Bord the devil axe. Just imagine the rage and anxiety I would cause by risking everything to a devil axe hit.

Dq9EDIJ.png?1

M7BiQ0n.png?1

I hope this unit is doing you justice SpeedsterUnkown.

8J8LWFi.png?1

This move might seem pointlessly risky. Trust me, I've thought of what to do for about 7 minutes. This was the safest possible strategy. There simply aren't enough units of mine to wipe out every enemy. I thought my life would get easier if I could get the crit. I didn't, but at least they didn't game end me.

ak2sBfY.png?1

PqJtNd8.png?1

The ability to double thieves is really helpful. Of course, Yuballin doesn't technically need to hit twice, but that hit rate is not trustworthy

8m7WlTi.png?1

OkiLamp.png?1

which is why I placed Marth and Catria the way they were. The reason Catria didn't attack Gangrel despite having more res is because that thief has 1 less defense, which Yubaccalaureate can take advantage of using the proper spheres. The scorpio sphere is to ensure that he doubles, reducing the odds of failing to kill by missing. Both of these spheres were initially held by Samto, who has the ability to 1RKO dragons with a wyvernslayer while holding them but Yubreakingbad decided to not be a good unit and required both of them

YKOQraT.png?1

qitO86l.png?2

evtniRN.png?1

The archers gain some decent experience and Wrys is left to take out the last enemy within the hall. Even after all that planning, there was still one enemy left alive.

H2ZpFfv.png?1

It was the infamous Jaclose. He had snuck in while everyone was clearing out the enemy. He was paid in advanced to assassinate Warren. Warren, while tanky enough to survive 2 hits, is an unlucky man. If either attack lands a crit, it's game over.

V2yIh7z.png?1

But I was prepared for this, as I had given Warren the fortune skill.

PEdl1Mj.png?1

rXl2N5h.png?1

Norne begins to catch up from mediocrity to somewhat higher than mediocrity.

N0mLYPi.png?1

I continue dedicating kills to Norne as she uses spheres to 1RKO ice deniers.

GfcFGs9.png?1

mzc2G7w.png?1

By turn 12, I set up my teams to take out each side of ice dragons, preferably in a way to set up kills for the units of my choice.

jsJOlO2.png?1

At least Yubadgrowth's lack of strength makes him really good at setting up kills.

rsGFyUX.png?1

WYhk3pv.png?1

While I could've attempted rigging levels to get speed given that there was a save point nearby, I was satisfied with finally having double digits to all of my main stats. If I go too crazy with level rigging, some might start saying my good Bantu holds no value.

SsPywqs.png?1

Norne chooses to be Warren's opposite, allowing us to decide whether too much strength or too much speed is more valuable on a bow user.

HSFIW74.png?1

twsythb.png?1

Considering the amount of level ups you can get from this turn, I like to think that the game wants you to reload your save for good levels, rather than assume I'm a scummy piece of garbage for my desperate desire to see my units cap their stats.

Don't worry, I only actually reset twice.

1qAM24t.png?1

sBtLTuS.png?1

Do you remember when I talked about Norne being the fast one. I am referring to the Warren of several chapters ago. Now he's just flawless.

fXKerfE.png?1

New Mystery continues to provide me with serotonin

QfBBoEX.png?1

I wasn't aware that matthis could get +2 hp. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Regardless, he's capped defense, is 1 point away from capping strength, and HP is a guarantee at this point. The only question now is, when the f**k is this guy going to get more speed and luck!

47G7e2o.png?1

Despising the amount of players that rely on critical hits in Fire Emblem, the devs decided to only give killer weapons 20 crit, making YubellebuY rely on his class boost. Compared to other FE games, 36 isn't much for a berserker wielding a killer weapon, but there are indeed people out there who manage to land several criticals below 5% in this game, for better or worse.

With everyone inside the palace finally dealt with, everyone is able to take a breather, and Wrys is able to heal most of his allies.

5b9CMM0.png?1

His speed could've been much better by now, but it's enough to not get doubled by the paladins of the next chapter, but he's screwed in chapter 16 and onwards.

Marth continues walking his way through the long hall. It becomes increasingly thinner as he proceeds. By the end, there was only a wall at the end of the hall, but Marth knew from the 4 games he's played in his life that this hints to an invisible wall. He charges into the wall

and gets a concussion.

Marth did not know from the 4 games he's played in his life that this hints to a fragile wall that can be destroyed.

Warning. There is a lot of incoming dialogue. Most of it doesn't even involve jokes. Hope you like lore.

Spoiler

Bord smashes the wall with his iconic hammer, revealing a bearded man in a suit that hasn't been washed in what can only be described as League of Legends time.

Gotoh: "WHAT THE- WHY DID YOU DO THAAAT!?"

Bord: "Knock knock ya sonofa****h!"

Gotoh: "Gods dammit, you were supposed to knock like a gentleman! You know, do the secret password!"

Cord: "Who cares about how to get in? There's so many guys dying trying to get in here, just being here should be rewar- wait a minute...you look familiar."

Gotoh: "Hm? Ahh, I do believe we've met. When was it again? Hmmm."

Bord: "Since this boomer here clearly can't remember s**t, I'll remind the 2 of yas. This was the man that gave ol Cain the Starlight tome. Say, whatever happened to that boy?"

Cord: "...He..."

Gotoh: "With the power that is given by Starlight comes the burden of carrying the weight of its sins, the destruction it causes."

Cord: "So you gave him a tome you knew would send him into a spiraling downfall of agony!?"

Gotoh: "I mean, yeah, pretty much."

Cord: ".....You're lucky we need your help. It's taking a lot to hold me back from ripping that head from your shoulders."

Bord: "Cord, relax! This man probably isn't that evil! I mean, we literally have Samto and Matthis as companions. Cut him some slack!"

Samto: "Hey man, f**k you too."

Cord: "Ergh, fine. I suppose we needed it to defeat that grey lookin bastard. You could've at least had the decency to tell him that it would've given him a brain tumor! My gods, his head looked like it was going to explode sometimes, and I couldn't do s**t!"

Gotoh: "We both know he would've went ahead with his plan regardless. And if I recall, you were the one who struck him down, correct? Of course, I am not placing the blame on you. I simply wish to remind you that no one is truly to blame, or else both of us are his murderers."

Cord: "How the hell did you know that?"

Gotoh: "I hold an orb that allows me to see all, never needing to leave this temple to witness the tragedies of mankind with these frail eyes."

Cord: "Okay I get it. You don't wanna touch grass. Let's just get to the point. Legends say you supposedly grant us wishes like a genie. Well, we've been through far too much, and I want my damn wishes!"

Gotoh: "You are correct."

Bord: "Then why haven't you done anything to help humanity?"

Gotoh: 'What? Why would I do that? You guys f**ked up. I'm just chilling in my room. I only give people wishes to leave me alone! Did it one time, then they decided to tell the whole world that I'm some fabled genie! I hate humans!"

Cord: "Humans? You know what? I don't actually care. I have plenty of questions."

Belf: "Wait! Are these limited to us all as a group or as individuals?"

Gotoh: "Alas, I only possess the power to use my magical abilities once every year."

Belf: "I see...."

Belf looks at Cord solemnly, knowing that it won't be possible for them both to get exactly what they want. Unsure of what to do, he remains silent for the moment, as Cord continues to disguise his rant as some interrogation.

Cord: "Whatever, here's my first question. What the hell is this organization crap that keeps chasing me about? Like, what's their deal?"

Gotoh: "Surely, you've figured their connection to you. You were even wedded to one of the members."

Cord: "Yes...I know that. But there's no way she's the leader. I can tell this isn't all for some revenge for any wrong I did to her! Hell, I'm the one who want to avenge my fallen comrades! I want to get revenge for her betrayal!"

Gotoh: "That is true. You are not the focus of their plan, but rather, a thorn on their side. Initially, you were going to be manipulated by your wife into ruling Altea in ways that their organization would see fitting. Such was the plan for most rulers. Not necessarily all through spouses, but by having spies within every kingdom of this continent. They have eyes everywhere. Eventually however, you were meant to be discarded. You would be murdered, then Katarina, being the 2nd in command as a Queen, would take charge, as you have no heirs, no known family. You were too reckless for them to rely on. You were seen as a threat to everyone. You already had many enemies, and your death would reset the balance of conflict to its natural state, allowing for easier maintenance of control and order."

Cord: "And they screwed up. But that doesn't make much sense. I saw my men die. One of my retainers, Darros. He was...brutally murdered. Katarina...she just abandoned me and left his corpse as some twisted message!"

Gotoh: "Such was not the organization's intention. You were meant to have died as well that day. Instead they merely poisoned your best men, and Darros, who had caught her in the act, was swiftly murdered."

Cord: "Don't you dare tell me that she hesitated to kill me...it would've been an act of mercy to end me right then and there!"

Gotoh: "Then all I'll tell you is that she was very well aware of the suffering she would cause you by leaving you alive. But to finish answering your question of their goal, you are now being hunted down by them to prevent you from returning to your castle to rule over the land that has been left in disarray for far too long. They are struggling to survive on their own even as we speak. If word got out that you have died, it would not be difficult for them to have a king of their own take control of your land. Altea would be very easy to overtake."

Cord: "...so is that it? They just want to rule the world? Control everything? Sounds like some conspiracy bull****, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. That's honestly a pretty underwhelming answer"

Gotoh: "There is one more aspect to them. One that drastically determine their power. Necromancy."

Cord: "...what?"

Gotoh: "Using the power of necromancy, they can bring back anyone they wish from the dead. They assassinate powerful or influential individuals, only to revive them with their dark magic, created in a way that allows them to easily become manipulated. Such is done by wiping their memory and inputting new ones. Memories are often removed in ways that cause people to forget that they died, and any inconsistencies with new memories are removed, while most new memories are placed in ways that would benefit the organization."

Bord: "That's...damn."

Warren: "....."

Gotoh: "Occasionally, their memory is wiped and almost nothing is given to them to replace said memories. They simply become fallen warriors who fight for them like puppets. Such is done on mighty warriors, and it was their plan for you, Cord."

Cord had a lot to think through, now that the ridiculousness of necromancy has been forced into the plot.

Gotoh: "This is the extent of my knowledge that I can bestow upon you for your first question. I have answered more than enough for you to know what you must do."

Cord: "There's certainly more that could be answered, but knowing you, it would cost more questions. If only you coulda thrown in where they are."

Gotoh: "Do not worry. You will find out soon enough."

Cord: "Okay, what's up with Hardin how the hell do we stop him from his shenanigans!?"

Gotoh: "Aw, come on. That's basically 2 questions!"

Cord: "You basically answered like 5 questions last time. Just let me have this!"

Gotoh: "*sigh*. Very well. The man you once knew as Hardin, he has changed."

Bord: "Is he involved with that organization?"

Cord: "Does it involve darkness, or the government?"

Gotoh: "No. He is mad that his wife had cheated on him, and is taking out his aggression on society."

Bord: "Oh, so he got...yeah, that sucks."

Cord: "What do I have to do with this?"

Gotoh: "He was notable for being the least notable soldier in your army when defeating the IRS."

Cord: "Hardin was an ally?"

Matthis: "Oh yes. I remember taking the piss on that guy. He was such a bad fighter. It was hilarious. Dude would try to stab me, but he dealt no damage!"

Cord: "So you're saying he was salty about being cringe, then his wife did the woohoo with some other dude, and now he's just baby-raging?"

Gotoh: "Yes."

Bord: "It would explain why the dude looks like he's on some damn steroids. Lookin like a gymcel with how he just went from scrawny to pro armor lord, but he sure don't seem happy."

Gotoh: "He does have possession of an item called a darksphere."

Cord: "Well that sounds blatantly evil. That's gotta be what's feeding his anger."

Gotoh: "No, it just makes you racist."

Cord: "...why is that something you would make?"

Gotoh: "That is besides the point. Hardin will now stop at nothing to see Altea, or Cord Castle as you call it, crumble to pieces."

Cord: "I'm not Nyna! Why just me!?"

Cord: "Well, it's not really you who he despises in particular. It is Marth."

Marth: "Yeah, I kinda figured."

Gotoh: "Most of his jealously stems from Marth's performance throughout the previous war. Marth was also one who specialized in swords, and Hardin had often dreamed of becoming a retainer to a royal he thought deserved to rule a nation. He thought of Cord as a great man, and he often imagined himself in Marth's position."

Marth: "Then why wasn't he jealous of Darros? He was the one who got added in the group of retainers outta nowhere."

Gotoh: "He wanted your clothes."

Marth: Of course he did...why didn't I see that coming?"

Gotoh: "However, the sword that slashed the horse's back was when Nyna fell in love with Marth."

Bord: "Damn Marth, how many chicks ya got?"

Marth: "I never should've let Caeda go..."

Cord: "Wait, Marth. You did it with princess Nyna!? What's wrong with you!? You knew she was with Hardin!"

Marth: "I don't even remember anything like that happening."

Gotoh: "During a party celebration from defeating the IRS, Marth got heavily drunk from trying to drown his memories of the war away, and then Caeda decided to show up with her beloved Roger. Out of jealously, he decided not to object when Nyna, who was also severely drunk, invited him to the bedroom. To quote her: "Hey Mars, hows about we go upstairs and show me that Falchion I've heard so much about?"."

Cord: "I did not need to hear that."

Gotoh: "Later she said: "YOWZA! Man, I wish we could spar every day like this. Hardin's a great guy, but his iron sword just doesn't cut it. Always needs repairs..."."

Cord: "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU QUOTING THINGS NOW!?"

Marth: "...I should've just killed Roger."

Gotoh: "It is a rather sad tale, to have your sparring partner enjoy training with the man you were the most jealous of, and to hide this information from them. It is truly saddening."

Cord: "Wait. Are we- are we not talking about...you know."

Gotoh: "What? Oh, OH. WHAT!? NOOO! What's wrong with you!? They just had a duel upstairs! She wanted to see the falchion in action! Marth was a much more experienced fighter! Euuugh, you're gross."

Cord: "Wha- anyone coulda mistook that without context! I-.....Hardin doesn't know the context, does he?"

Gotoh: "No."

Cord: "Gods dammit. But, how is that enough to piss off Caeda?"

Marth: "She liked to stab me. I guess she doesn't like the idea of someone else causing me pain."

Cord: "I'm starting to see why you hate everything so much."

Marth: "What I don't get is why Hardin brought up Camus instead of directly being angry at me."

Gotoh: "You gave her the Gradivus as a parting gift, something you were originally going to give Caeda before she left you. You really wanted to spite her that night."

Bord: "Marth, you're quite a piece of ****, ya know that?"

Marth: "Yeah...I know."

Gotoh: "Since Hardin often saw that that as his weapon, he presumed that she then ran off with Camus after you destroyed her innocence."

Marth: "This is so dumb...literally all of this is just a misunderstanding. That's the worst plot we could've gotten."

Gotoh: "It's your fault my guy."

Cord: "Yeah, you really went too far."

Marth: "But I was drunk!"

Samto: "Remember everyone. Drinking is bad. Don't drink!" He says this staring directly at you.

Cord: "Well...how do we stop him?"

Gotoh: "Uhh, kill him?"

Cord: "Yeah, I figured."

Bord: "Honestly, that was such a bad question."

Belf: "Well, if we're done with all of that silliness, allow me to ask the 3rd question. Wha-

Samto: "Anyone know where da ***s at?"

Gotoh: "Oh there's some right below the 3rd hall, underneath the 4th leftmost tile. Just stand on it for 2 seconds and you'll be led right to them."

Samto: Nice. You a real one G."

Cord: "I am actually going to kill you."

Belf clenches his fist as he struggles to hold back his desire to beat the crap out of Samto. He drinks some tea to relax.

Gotoh: "I have answered all the questions I have the patience to answer. Now, what is your one wish you desire most of all. I will make it so."

Cord: "Rrgh, fine! I guess I got most of what I needed to know. Look, it's pretty obvious what we need to do. We gotta go back home, deal with any major issues Cord Castle is probably facing, then kick Hardin's ***. So, I wish for us to be sent ba-GAAGH!"

Before Cord could finish his sentence, he felt a sharp pain in his lower body. He looked down as he coughed up blood, only to see a steel blade piercing through lower quadrant of his left stomach. 

Bord: "CORD! WHAT TH- BEEELF!!!"

Belf: ".....Nothing personal, mate."

Bord: "I"LL KILL YOU!"

Belf: "You should soothe your anger. He still breathes. You can simply heal them with Wrys, after I've concluded my business."

Bord looks at Wrys, only to see Warren holding him at a chokepoint.

Bord: "You- You used us! You've played us like a damn fiddle!"

Belf: "Do not mistake this for betrayal. I merely wish to obtain my fair share of the bargain. I came all the way here for one goal, and I will not let anything stop that. Surely, you've had an experience similar to that, no? I don't need to be with you guys for long to know that you would've used up everything for yourselves. I simply need a guarantee to ensure that I got the main wish at the end."

Bord: "And you think that justifies what you just did!?"

Belf: "Again, you can simply heal wounds. Cord's been through a lot. A little shank surely isn't a big deal to him."

Bord: "I know he ain't gonna die, but you sure as hell will!"

Belf: "Would you prefer I end Cord's suffering right now? Perhaps Warren could kill Wrys too. I suggest you simply give me 2 minutes to get what I want. You can always just head back home by cavalier, or even a wyvern."

Bord: Damn you! Gotoh! Do something!"

Gotoh: "Nah."

Bord: "Why is everyone such an *** in this world!?"

Marth: "You've only noticed now?"

Cord: "Screw you Marth! Help me out he- *coughs blood*- here!"

Marth: "I have a band aid. Do you need it?"

Cord: "...maybe I should let Belf just kill me..."

Belf: "Gotoh, I beg of you. Please, cure my father!"

Arran: "That won't be necessary."

Belf: "Who said tha- WHAA!?"

Cord: "Arran! You actually came all the way he- *cough* here!"

Standing before every was Arran in the flesh. His armor was broken. Scars were everywhere. His skin seemed to be almost blue from the frozen temperatures of this land. The rest of his body looked pale, with a few veins being visible, as the illness within him grows ever stronger. Warren was unconscious. Arran had knocked him out.

Bord: "How the hell did you even get here!? I thought we lost you back at the desert!"

Arran: "It's true. My armor didn't let me catch up in time. By the time I arrived in that odd building where you fought those wyverns, nobody was around. Then I was surrounded by agents of some kind. Of course, I kicked their ***es and interrogated them. They told me where you had been taken. You were sent to some dungeon they throw unwanted people in. Usually journalists. I made them give me wyvern to ride. I eventually made it to some snowy land. I explored the place, then I suddenly warped nearby, and I've finally manage to arrive."

As he was saying this, Belf couldn't stop shaking.

Belf: "F-father! Is it really you!?"

Arran: "Belf...what were you thinking!?"

Belf: "I-I had to! This was the only way. You know exactly why I'm here! This was all for you! Please, let me save you!"

Arran: "I understand that I've left you when you were far too young. I know...that you've been through a lot, and I'm deeply sorry I couldn't raise you. You deserved a better life. But how could you let yourself do something like this! Such an act can only be atoned through execution! How can I rest knowing my own son would attack a king!? My king!? "

Belf: "You don't need to rest! We can cure you right now! And how could I even know your status as a knight!? I can only hear of you through news and rumors! I had to sneak into Altea's palace to gain any sort of knowledge of your whereabouts! To hear that you were suffering from such a severe illness, but choosing to continue fighting!? Why didn't you just come back home?"

Arran: "My life is in the battlefield. I have committed many unforgivable sins. I would never be able to rest comfortably in a bed. Death whispers into my ear every day. Those I've killed to fufill the orders of my previous king...I can never undo those actions. Your mother...she couldn't forgive me either. She despised me. And rightly so...I...was ordered to burn down a village. It had children. Those who tried to leave had to be killed. I can still see the fear in their eye...as I held my lance in the air. I was not the man you or your mother thought I was. Even before then, the amount of innocent lives that fall from warfare, I cannot justify any of it. She wanted to take you to a different coountry and stat a new life, but she was kidnapped before she could ever make it home. Because of their demands involving the surrender of a vital battle that would determine the outcome of a war, I had no choice but to not give in. She...was killed...because of me."

Belf: ".....Mother..."

Arran: "How could I come back to you, knowing what I've done. What if you were targeted next? Just by seeing your face, I am reminded by how I failed, both as a father and as an honorable knight. The only reason I still breathe today is because of Cord. He...he is a king I know I can fight for. If I can die in battle for his cause, I can at least rest knowing that I've managed to contribute what little value my life provided for humanity. I fought for a just cause. Not just for someone else, but for what I believe in too. Knighthood is not about blind obedience. It's about loyalty to a lord who you know who bring the world to become a better place. It's to protect your nation that you swore to protect."

Belf: "Father...this...this is all...so much to take in. I-"

Unable to maintain himself, Belf begins to cry.

Arran: "Belf, my son..." He approaches Belf, and hugs him.

Arran: "Please, watch over Cord for me. I know...that I have no right to be asking you of anything. But that is all I wish for. It would mean the world to me, if you would succeed where I had failed."

Belf: "I-I.....Yes. I'll do it. If they will allow me to, I will do everything I can to atone for my own act of betrayal."

Arran: "Cord, Bord. I understand you must be mad at my son, but I beg of you. Give him one more chance. I know, that he has what it takes, to be the greatest retainer you'll ever have."

Cord: "...if that's what you want, then I'll be willing to forgive him. After all...I suppose this was all for his father. I can respect that much, and this sure ain't the first time I was bleeding severely. I've had more than my fair share of these experiences. I...I know what it's like to feel undeserving of forgiveness. If someone like me deserves a 2nd chance, so does Belf."

Bord: "Damn it...all this emotional crap. I still don't forgive you Belf. But...since everyone else seems to forgive you, I guess I'll just have to learn to tolerate you. But if you even think of making one wrong move, I'll cut you down, got it!?"

Belf: "I understand...I thank all of you, from the bottom of my heart. I will not let any of you down, especially you, father."

Arran: "Thank you Belf...Now, I think...I'd like...to rest now..."

Belf: "Wait, no! Father please! You can't go now! Gotoh, you have to-"

Arran: "Belf, no. I...I have to die now. I-*cough cough* I've been prolonging death for far too long. Even a I tried getting here, I saw many things. There was always a light urging me to walk towards it. I am no longer needed. Cord, he has moe than enough people fighting for his side, and now I have you to fight in my stead. This wish, it needs to be used to go back to Altea. There is no time. Even by wyvern *cough*...it would take at least 4 days to make it to Altea. You are quite far from home. Every second *cough*...you are not in Altea, people are dying. Archanea has already overtaken Cord Castle. Civilians who resist are being executed. We can't let them wait any longer. They need Cord. I wouldn't be any good anymore..."

Belf: "But I...it's not fair! We've only just reunited! Can't we stay just a little longer!?"

Arran: "I will always be with you, in spirit. Just as your mother has always been with you...I...I can see her...right now...besides your shoulder....we will always be with you, my son."

Belf: "Father...I...I understand. This is exactly how you would want to go. Perhaps it's not in a battlefield, but at least we finally got to reunite, even if just for a moment. Thank you, for everything. Both to me, and to Altea. You've done everyone proud. Goodbye, father. Rest in piece."

Arran tries to speak, but is only able to raise his hand to hold Belf for a brief moment, before it sinks back to the ground. He lays on the frozen floor of the palace, lifeless, but his face appears to be content.

Cord, completely healed by Wrys by now, stands up and pats Belf on the back.

Cord: "He was a good man. Even if he had done unforgivable things, I couldn't have been more honored to have him him by my side. Were it not for him, I wouldn't be here. I hope we can count on you from here on out. It's alright if you want to rest for a little while. This must be a lot for you."

Belf: "It's fine. I...I'm glad I got to see him, and I'm glad that he finally seemed to have gotten his happy ending. There...there was a lot more I wanted to say...but...I'm happy. Besides, I need to do a lot of fighting for you to make up for hat i just did."

Cord: "Yeah, things might feel rough at first, but I think it won't take long for us all to warm up to each other. Now, hows about we get outta here?"

Belf: "Yes, we should get going. We'll take back Altea together, my lord."

LvbINgt.png?1

Taking Arran's shield, Belf makes a vow to Cord, promising to use it to protect him and Cord Castle for the rest of his life.

Cord approaches Gotoh one last time, ready to head back to his home kingdom.

Unfortunately, the amount of time that has passed has allowed more enemies to show up, and now they must fight one more time in this palace.

My God, I hope I never have to write ever again. 

5cXYLH3.png?1

Usually I tend to split my army in 3 as to kill the enemy before they surround me, but I wanted to try something different this time. I tried talking things out with the enemies. It didn't work, and my faith in peace has shattered.

Hfr3e3y.png?1

For those wanting to see Norne promote soon, don't get your hopes up. I don't have enough master seals for everyone, and there won't be more until chapter 16. I can't remember if I simply missed a master seal, or I have actually taken too many drafted units, in which I will place all the blame on you people, as I have been doing any time I die.

JG2nSEB.png?1

While Matthis can't double anyone, all he needs is a racist weapon to become an amazing combat unit, as his offense and defense carry through the times he skipped leg day.

njk8zn1.png?1

Similar to Samto, Marth can 1RKO dragons with the scorpio and leo shard.

jMCSAhX.png?1

Since I have recently been playing Binding Blade again, seeing Marth with these stats relieves me. My roy has 7 strength at level 16. 

t2RE8EH.png?1

I keep sending Intelligent Systems the idea to have the bow attack everyone that is in the way of its arrow, but all I get in response is a pipe bomb.

dP7Zf8B.png?1

Either Samto has received enough stats to take out a dragon without shard assistance, or I imagined the effectiveness of shards, and I already played this chapter in a dream.

qk4Yya7.png?1

Bord and Belf share a slight moment together by slaughtering other people.

If that sounds dark, remember that this is exactly how characters actually bond in many real Fire Emblem games.

b4cXlGG.png?1

On turn 23, Bantu probably landed a critical hit on an ice dragon. 

I don't remember what I did to take out the remaining enemies of turn 22, but it was most likely too boring to show. As such, do not expect a Path of Radiance let's play from me, ever.

vH4fMNy.png?1

I would question how Samto is suddenly gaining very good growths, but this was drafted by the same guy who gave me SpeeDarros, so there is presumably another force in play whenever they're involved. 

2Sz0xzL.png?1

With the scorpio shard, Warren is able to double a fire mage. Now I would like someone to remind me whether enemy mages tend to be the faster or slower enemies of their games in other FE's. In this game, their class slows you down quite a bit, but they have the speed of a Rutger in 3 Houses, while your mages break their spine wielding any tome that isn't fire and are drastically slowed down.

7QlOfFs.png?1

I am almost upset by Warren's speed, as it makes Norne's one trait become obselete.

Bord: "So what, is Warren's betrayal ALSO just forgiven?"

Cord: "Well, he seemed to have done it for Belf, and Belf seems to be on our side for good now. I at least want to give him another chance."

Bord: "Who's to say Warren won't try anything funny!"

Cord: "Well, Samto did tell me that they were having a talk of some kind. Sounds like they became friends. I assume that's why he went on with his plan. Dude looks depressed as hell. Maybe he just helped the only friend he has. Either that, or he hates old people. Both of which is kinda respectable."

Bord: "I'm keeping my eyes on him."

havdqWQ.png?1

I really wanted to give this to Bantu, but there are no nearby save points, and I'd rather use the drill grounds to satisfy my need to see Bantu cap something.

OIgwf8l.png?1

Out of the times I've used Barst, none of them have been as good as this Bord. I consider drawing posters to advertise using Cord and Bord over blindly seeing Barst as the good axe unit, but then I remember that I can't draw, or legally leave the house.

LBVkfpr.png?1

After healing most of my allies, Wrys brings me hope for the future. By looking through his shining bald head, I see visions of 4 units doing really, really well.

None of them are from this game, but I was happy nonetheless.

x1SqPJO.png?1

I have good news and bad news, for myself. The bad news is that you can only buy 1 of each stone. The good news is that Bantu actually can use all of these stones. I was almost certain that he was stuck with the firestone. However, only Tiki and Nagi can use the divinestone. Since my firestone is about to break, this means I have 90 uses remaining for the game. 120 if I include the magicstone, but Bantu can't use it effectively, as he has hardly any magic, and it reduces your speed by 4. Honestly, I'm excited to see where this all goes, as the variety of limited stones will cause his utility to vary, and I will have to strategize when to use which stone. 

o0qQ5yh.png?1

If it wasn't obvious, the focus on turn counts has been abandoned entirely, unlike the previous PMU. I would rather focus on literally anything else.

Cord: "Okay...they're all gone. Finally. I was hoping we woulda left after that final talk with Arran, but now we can finally head back to Cord Castle."

Belf: "I do feel a little bad for those we have fought. After all, many have tried to make it here to fufill their wishes. Some of them may have also come here with good intentions. However, what's done is done, and now we must focus on more present matters."

Cord: "I can see why all the people, but why are there so many dragons. Oh wait, I WAS going to ask about them, but then SOMEONE wasted our last question!"

Samto: "Yeah, screw that guy!"

Cord: ".....if you weren't such a valuable asset, you would be dead."

Samto: "It's because I'm funny."

Cord: "It's because you're funny."

Bord: "Alright, let's just get outta here already. I'm sick of this place!"

Gotoh: "If there are no more interruptions, you may tell me your wish."

Cord: "Finally. Gotoh, send us back to Cord Castle!"

Gotoh: "Step into the the room past the right hallway, and you will be teleported back home."

Cord: "Alright everyone. Get ready. Who knows what we'll see when we arrive. We might have to fight immediately. Be prepared for anything!"

Gotoh: "Wait, one more thing."

pDR5oqy.png?1

Gotoh tells Marth of the importance of the plot orbs, and why it is necessary to save the world of the incoming evil that will eventually engulf the world in chaos. That's right. Without the Binding Shield, Archanea will become Fodlan. 

Cord: "So you're saying you want us to find 5 orbs? Well, if we find them, we'll let ya know, but don't expect us to go out of our way to do your chores."

Gotoh: "Most of them shouldn't be diificult to locate. They are in the hands of enemies you will naturally confront. However, there is one orb that is nearly impossible to obtain."

Cord: "Why, is it buried?"

Gotoh: "No, it has been shattered. But when people has discovered these pieces of an orb, they noticed its power and decided it came from space, giving them "quirky" names based on astrology, assuming star signs determined the powe you gained. I fear the odds of obtaining them all are too low. It might be truly impossible."

Cord: "Oh, those? We actually found 11 of them."

Gotoh: "11? That is splendid news! That's nearly all of them! You would only need 1 more. However, only I would be able to repair the orb, so you would be unable to restore it until you came back here. By then, it might be too late."

Belf: "A shard..."

He says nothing else, but walks up to Arran. He takes a pendant Arran had around his neck that was mostly hidden within his armor. He opens a locket inside of it, and he pulls out a shiny object.

Belf: "Is this what you were looking for?"

Gotoh: "By the Gods! It is. You have all 12 shards! I can now create the starsphere! Give me just a moment."

Cord: "What the- how long did he have that?"

Belf: "He had it for the longest time. Ever since I was a child. I believe it was given to him by my mother, when they exchanged wedding rings. I believe she found it on a beach when relaxing with Arran. She decided to keep it until she could place it on a ring. It...wasn't very successful. It frequently came off of the ring, so my father settled for placing it in a locket and keeping that with him."

Cord: "Huh..."

Belf: "He never let go of this. Not for one minute of his life. To think it was so much more than just an item of sentimental value."

Gotoh: "I have the orb ready."

Belf: "Gotoh, you came quick."

Gotoh: "It was no trouble at all to set up. Here you go. But, I must warn you. Do not hold on this for too long. If one is too close to an orb this powerful, you will suffer from numerous side effects. The human body isn't used to the energy that is radiated from this orb. You have been using shards for a while, but the effect of them is much weaker that way. It would take years for a shard to seriously harm you, but the orb could damage a man within a mere 24 hours."

Belf: ".....I will be careful. Thank you, Sir Gotoh."

Gotoh: "Your welcome. Now go, with many blessings!"

Everyone heads to a small room, waiting to be sent to Altea.

iXKjXGo.png?1

Waiting for them was Tiki, Marth's 4th worst nightmare."

Marth: ".....Gotoh, you son of a b-"

Bantu: "Ah, Tiki! How have you been?"

Tiki: "Very bored. But now you're all here!"

Bantu: "Things will be very dangerous for us. Please stay behind me. I will protect you unitl this is over. Then, I will find you a new home. You won't have to be alone anymore."

Bord: "Ya know, I've never been sure why Bantu even hangs with us, but I've had more than enough talk to even bother asking. But at least we seem to getting his plot over with."

And then they left. I am sick of words. I just want to play the game already. Chapter's over.

Next time:

Spoiler

MX9mVUY.png?1

Bantu Gaming

Spoiler

It's Samto's C support. 

No I won't clarify.

Guess I gotta use Sammy, now.

Well that's one, but I have 15 total units with 12 being the average limit. I need more space.

I might start to feel bad for the person who drafted Catria if we keep this up...

They drafted Catria, they don't deserve anything

Nah just joking. Honestly, this is kind of a mess. You might have to designate a slot or two for people to get rotated in and out each map.

6 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

The army had nothing to say to each other.

No wonder, most of them just hate each other.

qx1EkxN.png?1

Bantu stumbles across a Kaga's Drop, made from the tear of a Fire Emblem fan who couldn't believe that people enjoy Fates.

Yeah, right. I can't believe people enjoy Fates. I mean, what are they, weaboos? Utter filth.

gHETMbo.png?1

I didn't need to train Belf

Belf and Leiden are so good. People really don't talk enough about them.

66Rw1dU.png?1

Turn 1 was essentially nothing but Catria Emblem.

Catria continues to get Catria level ups to show why benching Catria would give me a bad time.

She's so boring. It hurts to see everyone use her. Why can't people be based like me and bench her every time? I have played this game for years, and not once have I used her. Not once!

ZGW3e1w.png?1

I am going to restart the map.

Please--

b3OsiB4.png?1

I am not going to restart the map.

--don't.

gLyHkDd.png?1

Where was Matthis when I played lunatic reverse? His stats surpass most units I have by now even when I actually use boring units.

What did I tell ya? All you have to do is have some faith in the man.

GYT17Nv.png?1

Before the events of FE11 occurred, Warren played TF2. He usually won most games, but purposely lowered his skill when Catria arrived so she can assume she was the gamer around town. 

Warren strikes me as the kind of guy who would main Medic. He's awesome like that.

jPmqsxp.png?1

Wrys uses physic from a distance, and I only just realized that he only has 9 more levels in him.  A bit of a shame, but I suppose he's not the star mage.

Stuck with two old men for mages.

I would say I'm sorry. But I would be lying.

s82RHux.png?1

Turn 5 was really, really hard

This mask always goes to hell on a handbasket. The sheer amount of crap you have to wade through is insane.

Od8WvQQ.png?1

but speed motivated me to look for any possible way to clear them all out this turn.

That and Matthis's level up.

Ayy, my boy!

0UqcvQf.png?1

It pains me to see people clown the sable knights as nobodies even today. Maybe you'd know if you actually tried the person you're clowning on, rather than use Palla for the 7th time.

Yes. All of the yes. It's not even like they're bad characters, Belf's support with Sirius is among the best in the game. But people don't care if you appear in less than three games, it seems.

8J8LWFi.png?1

This move might seem pointlessly risky. Trust me, I've thought of what to do for about 7 minutes. This was the safest possible strategy. There simply aren't enough units of mine to wipe out every enemy. I thought my life would get easier if I could get the crit. I didn't, but at least they didn't game end me.

Ah, FE12. How lovable you are.

H2ZpFfv.png?1

It was the infamous Jaclose. He had snuck in while everyone was clearing out the enemy. He was paid in advanced to assassinate Warren. Warren, while tanky enough to survive 2 hits, is an unlucky man. If either attack lands a crit, it's game over.

V2yIh7z.png?1

But I was prepared for this, as I had given Warren the fortune skill.

The fortune skill from Berwick, which outright cancels out all critical hits.

...Oh wait, that's how it works in RD too. Kaga did it first!

PEdl1Mj.png?1

rXl2N5h.png?1

Norne begins to catch up from mediocrity to somewhat higher than mediocrity.

F for Jaclose. He died to give Norne an uncharacteristic good level.

jsJOlO2.png?1

At least Yubadgrowth's lack of strength makes him really good at setting up kills.

Yubello is a kind soul like that. It was all part of the plan. Totally.

WYhk3pv.png?1

While I could've attempted rigging levels to get speed given that there was a save point nearby, I was satisfied with finally having double digits to all of my main stats. If I go too crazy with level rigging, some might start saying my good Bantu holds no value

To be honest, I'm just amazed that he's being legit decent. This run is being a truly fascinating experience.

QfBBoEX.png?1

I wasn't aware that matthis could get +2 hp. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Regardless, he's capped defense, is 1 point away from capping strength, and HP is a guarantee at this point. The only question now is, when the f**k is this guy going to get more speed and luck!

Speed, I expect.

Luck... uhh, yeah.

Gotoh: "With the power that is given by Starlight comes the burden of carrying the weight of its sins, the destruction it causes."

Cord: "So you gave him a tome you knew would send him into a spiraling downfall of agony!?"

Gotoh: "I mean, yeah, pretty much."

You know, this isn't too far off from FE12's regular Gotoh. The same man who locked Tiki in a dark room and, if Caeda dies, tells Marth to his face that he will die alone and sad.

Gotoh: "During a party celebration from defeating the IRS, Marth got heavily drunk from trying to drown his memories of the war away, and then Caeda decided to show up with her beloved Roger. Out of jealously, he decided not to object when Nyna, who was also severely drunk, invited him to the bedroom. To quote her: "Hey Mars, hows about we go upstairs and show me that Falchion I've heard so much about?"."

Cord: "I did not need to hear that."

Gotoh: "Later she said: "YOWZA! Man, I wish we could spar every day like this. Hardin's a great guy, but his iron sword just doesn't cut it. Always needs repairs..."."

Cord: "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU QUOTING THINGS NOW!?"

Marth: "...I should've just killed Roger."

Gotoh: "It is a rather sad tale, to have your sparring partner enjoy training with the man you were the most jealous of, and to hide this information from them. It is truly saddening."

Cord: "Wait. Are we- are we not talking about...you know."

Gotoh: "What? Oh, OH. WHAT!? NOOO! What's wrong with you!? They just had a duel upstairs! She wanted to see the falchion in action! Marth was a much more experienced fighter! Euuugh, you're gross."

Cord: "Wha- anyone coulda mistook that without context! I-.....Hardin doesn't know the context, does he?"

Gotoh: "No."

Cord: "Gods dammit.

That was an emotional rollercoaster. 10/10

Samto: "Remember everyone. Drinking is bad. Don't drink!" He says this staring directly at you.

I agree. I say, as I stare directly at you alongside Samto.

Belf clenches his fist as he struggles to hold back his desire to beat the crap out of Samto. He drinks some tea to relax.

Belf's superpower is the ability to produce tea from thin air. He shares this power with the entire population of Great Britain.

Belf: "Gotoh, I beg of you. Please, cure my father!"

Arran: "That won't be necessary."

Belf: "Who said tha- WHAA!?"

Cord: "Arran! You actually came all the way he- *cough* here!"

Standing before every was Arran in the flesh. His armor was broken. Scars were everywhere. His skin seemed to be almost blue from the frozen temperatures of this land. The rest of his body looked pale, with a few veins being visible, as the illness within him grows ever stronger. Warren was unconscious. Arran had knocked him out.

Holy shit, this plot though. This is going places! Places I like.

Arran tries to speak, but is only able to raise his hand to hold Belf for a brief moment, before it sinks back to the ground. He lays on the frozen floor of the palace, lifeless, but his face appears to be content.

Well. Now it's raining indoors.

Godspeed, man.

LvbINgt.png?1

Taking Arran's shield, Belf makes a vow to Cord, promising to use it to protect him and Cord Castle for the rest of his life.

Cord approaches Gotoh one last time, ready to head back to his home kingdom.

Unfortunately, the amount of time that has passed has allowed more enemies to show up, and now they must fight one more time in this palace.

And that was all hype for his promotion?! He's gotten more of a lord promotion than Cord did!

My God, I hope I never have to write ever again. 

I hope you do.

jMCSAhX.png?1

Since I have recently been playing Binding Blade again, seeing Marth with these stats relieves me. My roy has 7 strength at level 16. 

Good ol' Roy. Still fascinates me that there was a time when people thought Roy vs Leif was a legitimate contest. Roy's shittiness is simply on another level.

t2RE8EH.png?1

I keep sending Intelligent Systems the idea to have the bow attack everyone that is in the way of its arrow, but all I get in response is a pipe bomb.

You know, that'd be a pretty interesting idea. To compensate, however, you can no longer shoot through walls, as they stop the arrow. Sounds like it could be a fun way to make bows no shitty magic.

OIgwf8l.png?1

Out of the times I've used Barst, none of them have been as good as this Bord. I consider drawing posters to advertise using Cord and Bord over blindly seeing Barst as the good axe unit, but then I remember that I can't draw, or legally leave the house.

Pretty sure I've never used Barst either. And he's not even that good, so I don't really have an axcuse.

x1SqPJO.png?1

I have good news and bad news, for myself. The bad news is that you can only buy 1 of each stone. The good news is that Bantu actually can use all of these stones. I was almost certain that he was stuck with the firestone. However, only Tiki and Nagi can use the divinestone. Since my firestone is about to break, this means I have 90 uses remaining for the game. 120 if I include the magicstone, but Bantu can't use it effectively, as he has hardly any magic, and it reduces your speed by 4. Honestly, I'm excited to see where this all goes, as the variety of limited stones will cause his utility to vary, and I will have to strategize when to use which stone. 

Again, just glad that Bantu is getting any use at all.

Without the Binding Shield, Archanea will become Fodlan. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gotoh: "11? That is splendid news! That's nearly all of them! You would only need 1 more. However, only I would be able to repair the orb, so you would be unable to restore it until you came back here. By then, it might be too late."

Belf: "A shard..."

He says nothing else, but walks up to Arran. He takes a pendant Arran had around his neck that was mostly hidden within his armor. He opens a locket inside of it, and he pulls out a shiny object.

Belf: "Is this what you were looking for?"

Gotoh: "By the Gods! It is. You have all 12 shards! I can now create the starsphere! Give me just a moment."

Cord: "What the- how long did he have that?"

Belf: "He had it for the longest time. Ever since I was a child. I believe it was given to him by my mother, when they exchanged wedding rings. I believe she found it on a beach when relaxing with Arran. She decided to keep it until she could place it on a ring. It...wasn't very successful. It frequently came off of the ring, so my father settled for placing it in a locket and keeping that with him."

Cord: "Huh..."

Belf: "He never let go of this. Not for one minute of his life. To think it was so much more than just an item of sentimental value."

Awww...

iXKjXGo.png?1

Waiting for them was Tiki, Marth's 4th worst nightmare."

Marth: ".....Gotoh, you son of a b-"

Bantu: "Ah, Tiki! How have you been?"

Tiki: "Very bored. But now you're all here!"

Bantu: "Things will be very dangerous for us. Please stay behind me. I will protect you unitl this is over. Then, I will find you a new home. You won't have to be alone anymore."

Bord: "Ya know, I've never been sure why Bantu even hangs with us, but I've had more than enough talk to even bother asking. But at least we seem to getting his plot over with."

Given that she has not been drafted and Bantu is the only person in the team who isn't miserable or possibly a smile monster, I sense a tragedy incoming.

MX9mVUY.png?1

Bantu Gaming

Epic. I have never seen anything greater in my life.

On 2/25/2022 at 4:17 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

unknown.png

Thanks.