FE4 Gen 1 leveling (Arden, Alec, Noish)

JoeShmoe102

Does anyone else have trouble leveling Arden, Alec, or Noish in the first generation of FE4? Are there any good tips for training them? I've had success with the other units, save for maybe Taillte, but even with the pursuit ring on Arden and arena abusing with Alec and Noish, they seem to get nowhere once Ch 3 hits. Even the paragon ring could only get me so far with them.

Edit: Any tips for Dew as well?

Just trying to plan ahead for my next FE4 run, so I can try to promote everyone.

Edited by JoeShmoe102
typo

A certain clueless player wanted to keep the bandits who chase Aideen away from her.  I used Deu as bait, and accidentally ran him into a dead end on the beach (uh, don't ask how the tiles ended up like that, they just did).  Because Deu couldn't escape, he had to fight a whole bunch of axe guys.  And because Deu's a dodgy guy with some sustain in the form of Sol, he managed to hold out until I was able to get someone more competent to break up the mob.  It's not the ideal way of leveling him up, but it's one way!

19 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Brave/Hero Sword and Elite/Paragon ring are the best tools for that. Look for opportunities to steal cash with Deu, specially from village raiders as those usually hold 5k gold.

Building off of this, Dew really likes getting a magical sword. He'll do more damage with it, but more to the point, he'll be able to attack at 2-range. Not only increasing the number of targets he cam go far, but also letting him rob most enemies without fearing a counter-attack. Thus widening his pool of viable, safe targets, to include many Commanders with 3K gold.

Also, remember that the "Give" command provides EXP regardless of how much Gold you're giving. The more often Dew is giving Gold, the more experience he's getting. That said, there can be a motive for him to finish a chapter with at least 20K gold, so that he can buy the Paragon band (and try it out in the Arena) next chapter.

Speaking of Arena - Dew can equip the Miracle Sword. It's tricky to pull off (female unit breaks the sword, Dew buys and equips the broken sword, then pays to repair it while equipped), but it can provide him an extra avenue to cheese the Arena. Just know that equipping another Sword will render it un-equippable until it's broken again, so he should probably sell it once he's cracked the Arena.

All this applies to Patty/Daisy as well, excepting the Miracle Sword genderlock.