What does Ignore User do?

Zapp Branniglenn

I've always assumed that this feature blocked somebody in such a way that you don't get notifications from them. Maybe it even hides their posts or topics. But from what I can tell it does none of these things? And nothing on this site explains it either.

It works just fine for me. You can choose any or all of a user's posts, messages, signature, and mentions to block from your view and notifications. Do you have checkmarks in any of the boxes?

It doesn't hide topics they make, but it does hide their opening post in the topic.

18 minutes ago, Florete said:

It works just fine for me. You can choose any or all of a user's posts, messages, signature, and mentions to block from your view and notifications. Do you have checkmarks in any of the boxes?

It doesn't hide topics they make, but it does hide their opening post in the topic.

Thanks for letting me know what to look out for. I tried it over again and noticed the check boxes this time. Not sure why there's an option to put somebody on the list but not ignore anything, or how I ended up on that by default but it's fixed now.