Winter Banner got leaked!

Diovani Bressan

I was fully expecting

Spoiler

Lysithea to show up because we need a Three Houses girl to run Twitter this year, though I never mentioned it before so I can't claim credit for predicting it. Seeing Lute again is nice, but it's a strange happening that the character I like more in a duo is always the cheerleader.

Since Mirabilis has an alt now, I'm pretty sure the only pre-Book V Heroes character to not have one is Hel. And Thrasir and Triandra, if you don't count duos.

On the other hand, the right silhouette wasn't leaked so we can get some milage out of predicting that. The silhouette is usually assumed to be Ignatz, so will we finally get our last student in this focus?

Edited by Lightchao42

About the leaks:

Spoiler

Artur and Manuela have inheritable weapons (green tome and sword).

I don't know chinese, but it looks like Unity to me? Mostly because of the 7 + 14 + 5, which would be the 7 debuff + 14 (debuff x 2) + 5 from the base effect. Unity can be a good effect for inheritable weapons.

And if Ignatz is our TT unit, we have a Unity Bow?

I have a mixed reaction on this, but oh poor IS...

Spoiler

On the one hand, yay, Artur is finally in! (Though I did mistake him for Conrad for a sec there. His hair's a bit too short, I think.) The snow globe is adorable. I was happy to see Manuela, too, except then I saw her outfit and it made me uncomfortable... On the other hand, Lute and Lysithia's outfits look awesome.

Now onto...the rest.

I don't like Lute and Lysithia being a duo because I was hoping for a Lute + Cherche Halloween duo since both of them think zombies are cute. I also am feeling Lysithia fatigue, and think that she would have done better as a Fjorm duo. And then there's Mirabilis... She feels pretty out of place. Also, would have preferred her on a sleepy heroes banner (such as a pajama party.)

All in all, with 1 being "I hate this" and 10 being "this couldn't get any better," I'd rate this a 4. That's just based on my personal preferences, though.

It'd be great if Ignatz was the TT+ unit, though! Finally, all the students would be in! And he's such a sweet guy. ^_^

Spoiler

A Lute and Lysithea Duo happening at some point makes a lot sense. And since they're sparkable, I can't wait to see them on every AR team! Speaking of sparks, man the bait... I'll definately reach my goal of saving 1000 orbs st some point.

I wonder if Manuela will take over Twitter this year lol.

I'm curious about the TT unit. I would like to actually invest into one of these Christmas armors.

well, looks like i won't be able to save orbs for another month

first Rhea, then Thorr and Moo Ash, and lastly this
why must my spirit be this weak...?

inb4 New Year Loki

Edited by Yexin

Spoiler

Ahem YES!!! They did’t put Roy into one of those interchangeable red santa suits…..but do give him a alt. Its been years.

Not the biggest fan of Manuela’s art, but she’s Manuela and the 4 star so i’ll pull on her. Dont’t care about the rest of the banner.

Mostly just satisfied Roy gets to skip this one.

Ya know, deep down I knew I'd be disappointed for the fifth year in a row with no Christmas Brom. But there's still always been at least one character on the banner I'm interested in getting (Chrom, Lissa, Ephraim, Eirika, Fae, Cecilia, Marth, Nino, Jaffar, Felix). But not this time. This is, without a doubt, the worst selection of Christmas units they've given us. Don't get me wrong...

like Artur, Lysithea, and Manuela, but holy crap I'm so tired of Three Houses. And even though I like those three, there's still at least ten other characters from their games I like even more...they're really middle-of-the-road characters.

I am so safe. I'm not putting any orbs into this banner, I can continue to save for characters I care more about.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

About the leaks:

Hide contents

Artur and Manuela have inheritable weapons (green tome and sword).

I don't know chinese, but it looks like Unity to me? Mostly because of the 7 + 14 + 5, which would be the 7 debuff + 14 (debuff x 2) + 5 from the base effect. Unity can be a good effect for inheritable weapons.

And if Ignatz is our TT unit, we have a Unity Bow?

Weapon translations (yes, I also know Chinese):

Spoiler

Artur's weapon:

Snow Globe+: Has Atk/Res Unity.

Weapon's name is 雪景球 (xuějǐngqiú), "snow globe", literally "snow-scenery ball".

Manuela's weapon:

Winter Festival Rapier+: Has Atk/Def Unity.

Weapon's name is 冬祭刺劍 (dōngjì cìjiàn), "winter festival rapier", literally "winter festival thorn-sword".

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Weapon translations (yes, I also know Chinese):

Hide contents

Artur's weapon:

Snow Globe+: Has Atk/Res Unity.

Weapon's name is 雪景球 (xuějǐngqiú), "snow globe", literally "snow-scenery ball".

Manuela's weapon:

Winter Festival Rapier+: Has Atk/Def Unity.

Weapon's name is 冬祭刺劍 (dōngjì cìjiàn), "winter festival rapier", literally "winter festival thorn-sword".

Thanks Ice Dragon!

Spoiler

Yeah, I don't know chinese... but visually, it looked like a unity description. It's good to have it confirmed as that.

I will guess that, if Ignatz is indeed the TT unit his bow will also have Atk/Def Unity.

8 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh intern kun!

I guess this gives some credence to the idea of the silhouette being.......

Hide contents

Ignatz since its a Three houses banner and it doesn't appear to be a Stones character. The bag and the hair are somewhat similar to Ignatz. Please be Ignatz

Spoiler

Gimmie. Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie! Gimmie my free 5* Verdant Wind boy!

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

I'm posting my thoughts in the spoilers:

Spoiler

I'm happy to see Artur is getting added in Heroes. He's one of my favorite playable characters in The Sacred Stones. And plus, it's nice to see Manuela added in as well.

I'm kind of surprised to see Lysithea and Lute being a Duo Hero Partners and Mirabilis being the only Heroes OC in this year's Christmas Banner so far.

Don't really get the point of spoilering everything in a topic that is very clearly about leaks/spoilers.

They look nice, hopefully duo Lysithea/Lute won't be too enticing because L Micaiah has drained me of over 1,000 orbs by now without appearing once, leaving me with sub 50.

22 minutes ago, Florete said:

Don't really get the point of spoilering everything in a topic that is very clearly about leaks/spoilers.

Wait, we don't need to use a Spoiler Tag on a Spoiler/Leak Topic? Wouldn't the readers that wants to avoid spoilers that accidently clicked on leak topics to make sure they don't want to get themselves spoiled or accidently looking at User's Posts in the Profiles that they might accidently see the spoilers that they didn't want to see?

I'm still might get some collecting orbs for the upcoming Christmas Banner so far.

7 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wouldn't the readers that wants to avoid spoilers that accidently clicked on leak topics to make sure they don't want to get themselves spoiled or accidently looking at User's Posts in the Profiles that they might accidently see the spoilers that they didn't want to see?

I don't know how someone would "accidentally" click on a leak topic but that second point is pretty logical.

Nah, forget all these normie units, the real winner is BIGNATZ BABY, LET'S GOOOOOO (hopefully)

Ahem...

Can't wait to see what their skills are. 

It also looks like that one leak from a couple months ago that successfully predicted the ninja banner and Eitri and whatnot got Lilina wrong, but they did say the details on that weren't concrete, so maybe that'll be for new years or next year. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Not sure if was a need for others comments to be in spoilers tab, but the first one is a must have.

In the previous page (the one with the thread list), if you place your mouse on a thread title for 2-3 seconds it shows its content. Someone could get spoiled by accident by doing that.

Much as I dislike the concept of Harmonics, I do like getting easy max rewards on Resonant Battles. Guess I can do one spark to guarantee that I'll get the Harmonic (which I'd be more thrilled about if Lute was in the lead, since I can't stand Lysithea). Mirabilis continues to be the best dressed of the fairies. I also have been waiting for Artur, but not as a seasonal (and he looks too much like Conrad). Manuela is hideous lol

Thoughts since I didn't have time to post them earlier:

Spoiler

Lysithea and Lute is pretty cute. I prefer the white coat with red and green accents look over the more typical red coat, so I'm all for this design. Probably won't bother pulling more than 1 or 2 copies, though, like with most Harmonic units, since I really only use them for Resonant Battle scoring. I'm also out of budget due to last month's banners.

Mirabilis is cute. If this version of her is actually good, I might try for a few more copies, but that'll depend on how many orbs I can scrounge up.

I've never really cared for Artur. He looks like the most likely candidate for D/R Far Save. Lysithea is unlikely to be an armor because they suck in Resonant Battles, and Mirabilis is more likely to remain a flier.

▼-shaped mouths made even taller and pointier with lipstick look stupid. Whether or not I care to get her to +10, assuming the information is accurate and she's the 4-star unit, depends on her stat spread (and what the Grail unit ends up being), as her weapon is very solid (and doesn't compete with a Bloom weapon).

The inheritable weapons are interesting because they mean you can now stack Unity skills. This is a bit less relevant for Artur's weapon since Bright Shrine is unlikely to hit most Save units due to their low Spd, so getting hit with an Atk debuff is less reliable, and you ideally want to run both Def and Res on a Far Save, so you probably aren't doubling up on Atk/Res Unity. Still worth considering, though, since -9 + 5 + 18 = +14 to both Def and Res after getting hit with a Dark Shrine debuff is pretty good.

However, with the only common dragons in Aether Raids being Duma and Seiros, I can see Manuela's weapon being pretty workable, though I would still have preferred it to have been an axe to get weapon triangle advantage against Seiros and Brave Eirika (it would be nice if we get an Atk/Def Unity axe from the Grail unit).

If you get hit with a maximum-level Dark Shrine debuff, you end up with a net total -9 + 5 + 18 + 5 + 18 = +37 Def, which is comically high for just two skill slots. (And if it were an axe instead of a sword, might even be high enough to tell Eirika to fuck off even without Svalinn Shield.)

Can someone explain better what the Harmonized Hero's Weapon is saying? I understand the Atk/Spd+6 and Brave effect, but what the heck is "before battle, unit immediately attack"? Is it Vantage, cause that is all I can think of?

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

Can someone explain better what the Harmonized Hero's Weapon is saying? I understand the Atk/Spd+6 and Brave effect, but what the heck is "before battle, unit immediately attack"? Is it Vantage, cause that is all I can think of?

"Unit immediately attack" would be Desperation effect.

If Unit's Spd minus foe's Spd is lower than 9, unit gets Desperation (like Lewyn or Brave Lysithea). If the math results on a number iqual or above 10, she gets Brave effect (attacks twice).