I used to think Sephiroth was gay for Cloud

♠Soul♠

Not the oddest ship on the ocean, I'm sure. Hero x Main Villain is often quite popular, I think.

That said, Cloud x Aeris x Zach.

Edited by pong

On 12/14/2021 at 8:46 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I have never played Final Fantasy 7. I've only ever seen two scenes of Final Fantasy 7. I know nothing about these characters other than what they look like.

That being said, yes. I agree.

And you think I have? v:

18 hours ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

What if cloud is called cloud to represent the cloud that god appears as, since sephiroth is one of the attributes of god or something like that in jewish mysticism and jenova is almost jehovah.

WHAT IF

https://whatisanything.com/what-does-keter-mean-in-hebrew/#What_does_the_name_Sephiroth_mean

"The Sephiroth are described in the Kabbalah as the manifestations of God that allow him to manifest in the physical and metaphysical universes. Sephiroth also means “counting” (of numbers)." That...that's quite appropriate, actually.

This whole page is a gold mine, by the way.

I don't know enough about Final Fantasy 7 to keep making connections to Rabbinic Judaism but by all means keep it coming.

On 12/20/2021 at 11:46 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

https://whatisanything.com/what-does-keter-mean-in-hebrew/#What_does_the_name_Sephiroth_mean

"The Sephiroth are described in the Kabbalah as the manifestations of God that allow him to manifest in the physical and metaphysical universes. Sephiroth also means “counting” (of numbers)." That...that's quite appropriate, actually.

This whole page is a gold mine, by the way.

I don't know enough about Final Fantasy 7 to keep making connections to Rabbinic Judaism but by all means keep it coming.

I am sincerely sure that Sephiroth was an intentional reference, same w/ Jenova being some kind of reference. I just find my idea that Cloud has some connection to the smoky/cloudy/fiery pillar refers to god somewhat questionable. Then again, that would make Cloud Strife = God of War and that's Mars but Aries isn't an Aries despite her name (born 2/7). I don't remember much about FF7 so I'm not sure if there are other references.

• 4 weeks later...