I do have one that I think of in my mind:

1. Unique Base Newcomer: Mike Jones from StarTropics
  2. Base Echo: Ms. Pac-Man for Pac-Man
  3. Fighter Pass: 2nd SNK Franchise Rep
Edited by King Marth 64

I'm not 100% sure about the echo, but I've chosen:

1. Base newcomer: Jibanyan

2. Echo: Paper Mario? I don't know.

3. Fighter's pass: Landsknecht from Etrian Odyssey.

1: I've many options here to choose from in my personal list, including such amazing intellectual choices as two of the Toa Nuva from BIONICLE, three of the seven heroines from Conception 2, and the Nesquik Bunny, but I think I would have to go with Weavel from Metroid Prime Hunters. Hunters and Corruption could at least triple Metroid's representation in Smash, and out of all the Hunters I think Weavel has the most unique concept behind him thanks to his Alt Form, the Autoturret, and the fact that he can spawn an energy blade off his hand, which means he doesn't have to be built around spamming projectiles.

2: SA-X from Metroid Fusion. I find it criminal that this thing has a single reference in all of Ultimate, namely one of Dark Samus' win posesTHE X PARASITE SPIRIT DOESN'T EVOLVE INTO A SA-X SPIRIT AND THIS WILL NEVER BE OK WITH ME.

3: Honestly I wasn't feeling like either Fighter Pass was really missing anything so I'm gonna skip this one.

1. For this is it assumed additional changes are done to accommodate the choice? Since as it is my choice would be Isaac. Thus there'd be no AT of him. Though for fun, the AT itself can still mechanically appear... if it's either of Felix or Matthew. Or it can be someone else.

2. Impa as a Sheik echo, so we can finally have someone who isn't Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf for LoZ reps.

3. Normally, I'd say Crash Bandicoot on such a choice, BUT, if it is something I'd have final word on... I wouldn't waste this opportunity and add: Gilliam Yeager from "Hero Chronicles - Project Olympus", from the SNES. The Compati Heroes series has mostly appeared in Nintendo consoles, with a couple on the Playstation ones, so I feel it can qualify for representation. Gilliam is one of the few in-house assets of the brand, and him wielding a power-armor version of the Gespenst (which is the original, as it were), he can fit in as a fighter. Can't say about movesets, but I could totally see his Final Smash being turning the Gespenst into the XN-Geist, hahaha...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Unique Base Newcomer: Kiryu from the Yakuza Series

Base Echo: Paper Mario (Echo of Mario) or Tails (Echo of Sonic)

Volume 1 Fighter's Pass addition: (Featuring) Dante from the Devil May Cry series