Tips & Trick to clear Silver Snow ?

Some of my friends have are stuck in Silver Snow route. One of my friends tell me "I cannot clear Chapter 13 (Reunion at Dawn)" and other friends tell me "I cannot defeat the Final Boss (Immaculate One)". I want to know what pro and cons on this route. What recruit character is HIGHLY recommended for Silver Snow route ? I have finished Silver Snow in Normal (1st time) and Hard (2nd time) but my friend are played Normal/Hard, i do my best to advise my friend but it's won't because they are stuck in Chapter 13 or Final Boss.

Edited by drattakbowser

There's this post that talks about ch 13, the op posted this link that shows the triggers for enemy movement. Your friends can try to approach the map based on how the enemies will start to move. It's really unfortunate what that map does to people's runs.

For the Silver Snow final boss, it's just gambit to break the shields and nuke with combat arts or quad brave weapons. If they didn't set themselves up with that stuff, it's kind of rough. Hopefully in either case your friends have save files that they can go back to to optimize things better. Things like equipping gambits, because I've seen newer players ignore them, and the game ends up being harder than it is.

Edited by LoneStar

Seconding LoneStar's comments. In addition:

For Chapter 13:

-train (or choose as the dancer) Petra, Dorothea, and Caspar. There's a variety of good options, but in addition to dancer, flying classes (super good at navigating the terrain and avoiding being trapped by the enemies) and assassin (stealth; Dorothea's version should be able to one-shot the enemies with hexblade) are particularly effective. Sniper (make sure to get Hunter's Volley before this fight) and Grappler (ditto with Fierce Iron Fist) are also options.

-Byleth being a wyvern rider is ridiculously helpful, since it lets you avoid aggroing the south group of enemies until you're ready. If both Byleth and Petra are fliers, you'll probably win almost regardless of your Dorothea/Caspar builds.

-Make sure any key equipment/battalions are available to this group when you deploy for Chapter 12, since you won't be able to change before Chapter 13.

For endgame:

-the white beasts are the crucial enemies. They're fast and fly, so strong archers with brave or Hunter's Volley are incredibly effective and reliable at defeating them.

-when you seize the point at the bottom, every enemy on the map aggros AND the boss immediately uses its big AOE attack. Don't do this until you're ready (if at all).

-Keep Miracle in mind! For enemies that have it, have a plan for what will happen if it activates. Attacks that avoid counters (again, like bows) are even more useful than normal as a result.

Training Byleth to get Lancebreaker and equipping them with a lance can make surviving the first handful of turns of Chapter 13 a bit easier, as the most dangerous enemies are assassins.  But be forewarned it needs to be equipped prior to Chapter 12.  Also, make sure that Byleth is equipped with a battalion that can freeze the movement of a large number of units on use.  On SIlver Snow you don't get access to a lord with one of the OP lord battalions, so that does make things a bit more challenging.

Edited by SumG

On 12/15/2021 at 5:38 PM, drattakbowser said:

What recruit character is HIGHLY recommended for Silver Snow route ?

You've brought this up many times before (e.g. this post here), that recruiting the best characters is important so which ones are the best... but philosophically, this isn't the right way to think about the game's strategy, at least if the sole goal is winning.   Especially for Chapter 13, where who you recruited is essentially irrelevant!  You can beat Silver Snow on Maddening with just the Black Eagles + Church of Seiros.  You will have an easier time of the game using all the "worst" characters with powerful classes & skill selection & good strategy than you will with the "best" characters but 4fun skills, weak classes, and eschewing some of the more broken strategies the game has to offer.  This is especially true by lategame, as character differences probably matter the most in the first ~7 chapters or so (beating the C6 Death Knight requires some special sauce, like an early recruited Catherine, Sylvain getting the Lance of Ruin, Lysithea with Dark Spikes, etc.).  In lategame, any ol' fool with a Brave Bow can put in work, if they were trained properly.  So that's the real advice - don't worry about which characters you use, but do develop the busted strategies - one-shots with Brave Combat Arts (Hunter's Volley, Swift Strikes, Fierce Iron Fist, etc.) + Deathblow / Str +2, unhittable dodgetanks with Alert Stance+ or Weapon Avoid +20, Caduceus / Thrysus / Black Range +1 wielding mages that uncounterably chip from afar, Quick Riposte War Masters, and so on.

19 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

For endgame:

-the white beasts are the crucial enemies. They're fast and fly, so strong archers with brave or Hunter's Volley are incredibly effective and reliable at defeating them.

Also of note, the final boss heals to full if a White Beast gets close to them (at least, until their armor is broken). You do not want that, needless to say.

On 12/15/2021 at 2:38 PM, drattakbowser said:

I want to know what pro and cons on this route. What recruit character is HIGHLY recommended for Silver Snow route ? 

I don't think there's any pros for SS, it is obviously the hardest route since you lost a very OP unit and have - 1 team size on every time-skip maps compared to the other 3 routes, SS maps are also very tough especially with Endgame being a serious contender for the hardest map in the game, BE is also the weakest starting house so their early game performance isn't that spectacular. That being said you can still make anyone work and recruitments aren't necessary, even absolute stinkers like Caspar can still get carried by strong classes (Grappler/War Master) and builds (Wrath + Vantage) mid-late game.

Edited by Ari Chan