• Gordin: Altean Archer
    • Erk: Studious Mage
    • Asbel: Windswept Youth
    • Leonie: Relentless Rays
    • Ewan: Eager Student
    • Lilina: Firelight Leader
    • Gharnef: Dark Pontifex

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2022 at 02:59 AM

49 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Gharnef! Stop trying to hang out with the kids! You're about five times their age!

Insert the "hello, fellow kids" meme here.

Wait, never mind. Someone on the FEH sub-reddit already did it for me.

Spoiler

Oh and as a general note, Leonie was not in the summer VG earlier in the year (neither was Norne) so she isn't a repeat VG character (unlike Gharnef and Rolf). Speaking of them, this is the second VG that features both Gharnef and Rolf (the hoodie one last year was the first).

As usual, my choice of character here literally does not matter because they'll be doomed to lose Round 1 regardless of who it is.

I was already going to pick Asbel, and then he came on the free pull, so now I have to. (And, even better, whatever they sent with this banner fixed the problem I'd been having since this weekend, I couldn't access the summonning part of the menu.)

Sticking Gharnef with all the kids sure is a choice. Maybe it's just for grail unit reasons, but I wonder if it means that his master is on the table for a future banner.

Well, unless Ewan manages to sweep the right-hand bracket, one of my top three picks is guaranteed to get into the finals, so I guess that's a plus.

I'll start with Leonie, and if she loses, I'll go to whoever wins the bottom-right bracket. I kind of want to see Gharnef win just because of how badly he sticks out like a sore thumb among the other characters here.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Insert the "hello, fellow kids" meme here.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the roster.

Yeah, looks like everyone had the same impression to Gharnef being here. XD

Hmm of these, I like Leonie, Erk, Ewan, Gordin, and Rolf, but in order of whom I have the strongest connection to... Rolf, then Ewan or Leonie, then Erk, then Gordin, I think. So, Rolf first!

Edit: Though I did free-pull a 4* Erk, he had a "meh" nature, and so I manual'd him. I already had one of him anyway. Still, I felt it was worth noting.

Edited by Mercakete

Rather unusual it looks like to have shota and nearish-shota VG. 

As for Gharnef, let's not forget what he did to Tiki. Has anyone called the Starlight Police yet? 

As the characters, Rolf is one of the better-written child characters in all of FE (if not draw well for FEH). And Erk is likable enough. Ewan is fairly generic for his cliches IMO. Asbel I do like as a rare Thracian representative and not a bad, if underdeveloped b/c Thracia character. Gordin I don't think much positive of (nor anything negative), Lilina I'm fairly neutral on, Leonie is N/A for critique b/c 3H. And Gharnef is a neat and unexpected, but logical choice here. I'll offer a few prayers on the sidelines to the Seven Lucky Gods that the multis' and masses of uncontrollable humanity alike swing in my preferred characters' directions. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

But, meh, Leonie is gonna win anyway just because Three Houses bias, right?

That didn't work out for either Flayn, Bernadetta, or Mercedes in separate past VGs (all three were Round 1 losers), so Leonie winning is absolutely not a guarantee.

If anything, Ewan is much more likely to win because of how fucked VGs have tended to be this year with multiplier victories.

I only played in two battles so far, but I feel like Rolf's team may have some nice sentiment for him, just like I do! I'm especially pleased with my first battle. Ninja Shinon was there to help out his fellow mercenary! And then in the second battle, Rolf had the help of Valentine's Soren! Everyone's supporting each other! ^w^ I love this feeling!

On 12/23/2021 at 2:27 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rather unusual it looks like to have shota and nearish-shota VG. 

''The devs think I'm a nearish-shota?! But Maaaaars!''

On one hand Gordin's support with Kris says he's annoyed at being treated like a kid, but on the other hand his support with Ryan suggests that Gordin's actually pretty great at handling kids. So he'd either be really irritated or handling himself very well when stuck with all the kids and Garnef. 

The only thing surprising about the first round results is that Leonie didn't get cucked alongside L!Lilina. Not that that matters, since she'll just lose to Gharnef the filthy feather mercs too.

It's amazing how predictable these VGs are when the multiplier mechanic was supposed to make them less predictable by preventing the largest team from just curb stomping everyone. Now, you can safely bet that any team that spends the entire round in "Weaker" will end up winning.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

''The devs think I'm a nearish-shota?! But Maaaaars!''

On one hand Gordin's support with Kris says he's annoyed at being treated like a kid, but on the other hand his support with Ryan suggests that Gordin's actually pretty great at handling kids. So he'd either be really irritated or handling himself very well when stuck with all the kids and Garnef. 

He'd probably be trying to protect all the kids from Gharnef. Because Gharnef is creepy to the nth power, no matter what.

Unrelated note, but I'm surprised that Asbel had the higher first-hour score against both Erk and Rolf (I think ... I might be remembering wrong due to bad sleep patterns). Is it just due to being a powerful unit, because >Thracia characters who aren't Reinhardt (or Leif)

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

The only thing surprising about the first round results is that Leonie didn't get cucked alongside L!Lilina. Not that that matters, since she'll just lose to Gharnef the filthy feather mercs too.

It's amazing how predictable these VGs are when the multiplier mechanic was supposed to make them less predictable by preventing the largest team from just curb stomping everyone. Now, you can safely bet that any team that spends the entire round in "Weaker" will end up winning.

"These Voting Gauntlets are predictable" yet one of the two matches that matches your betting criteria was off. 50/50 is like the exact opposite of predictable.

59 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"These Voting Gauntlets are predictable" yet one of the two matches that matches your betting criteria was off. 50/50 is like the exact opposite of predictable.

Hmm, perhaps I did misspeak.

What I should've said is that this mode is very predictable in the sense that whatever team I pick (yes, I was on Lilina's team) is exponentially more likely to get fucked by feather mercenaries than not. It sure has happened more than enough times this year, and yet I still got plenty of salt to spare.

Edited by Tybrosion

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Oh my gosh it's actually down to Rolf and Gharnef again.

What? Gharnef lost in Round 1 in both of his previous Voting Gauntlet appearances (the villain one and the hoodie one, the latter of which Rolf was in and lost to Velouria in the final round).

19 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

What? Gharnef lost in Round 1 in both of his previous Voting Gauntlet appearances (the villain one and the hoodie one, the latter of which Rolf was in and lost to Velouria in the final round).

I didn't remember specifically how far he made it in previous VG's, but it's just interesting how these are the two in the finals when they've both appeared in previous VG's. Sorry I wasn't clearer. It's just odd. It feels like some sort of strange rivalry is forming, and that humors me. X3