Legendary Hero - Byleth: The Fodlan Light

Fire Emblem Fan

Byleth: The Fódlan Light is not really game changing, but still a really decent nuke. I do not think she is necessary, but it is always good idea to have more tank busters for convenience, especially if she can be guaranteed summoned.

I think extra guaranteed summons for FEH Pass is fine. It is basically like the occasional Orb packs with bonus Heroes, but a shit ton cheaper. The Orb pack with Chrom: Crowned Exalt costs like $70 if I remember correctly. I think FEH Pass should be strictly about saving Orbs, so with extra guaranteed summons, I think quality of life features not related to summoning, free Heroes, and saving Orbs should be free for every player.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Medeus said:

It's definitely understandable people are upset here as they wanted this feature universally so that they can pull on those other banners and know that as long as they had the currency they could get them. Now for a large part of the fanbase that's not going to be the case.

But that wasn't the case to begin with, so it not being the case in the future is no different. No one has lost a privilege that they used to have.

If you didn't have the peace of mind that you had saved enough orbs before, you still don't have the peace of mind going forward.

18 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Also, it's easy to say 'well it's the price of three coffees, so it's not that big a deal', but not everyone has the free money to spend on that option or have other obligations that even that small amount of money could go to. Not everyone's situation is the same when it comes to this type of thing. 

When I compare the cost to three coffees, that's clearly targeted at people who have the luxury of being able to go to afford a coffee in the morning from their local coffee shop, which is my assumption for the average college-aged gamer (and the type of person most likely to make a spirited rant on the internet on why this should be free, excluding minors spending from a parent's credit card).

Yes, people who actually cannot spare 10 USD for a subscription will still have to do without this safety net, but that's still not an argument for why it should be free.

31 minutes ago, Medeus said:

That could be true, but it could also be argued to be predatory. Having a notification popping up after you spend all of your orbs saying 'you want to spark, buy FEH pass' is dangling the feature over their heads and pushing them to spend by playing on their desperation to get a character they want.

You're assuming it has to be implemented in a way that is intrusive.

If they can't find a way to make it unintrusive, then they're failures at UI design and deserve all of the derision for such.

What appalls me most is that IntSys actually thinks a single spark on a L/M banner is worth paying money for.

More seriously, while this does push Feh Pass further into adding enough features to be worth subscribing to, what I think is getting everyone's goats is that the Sparking feature in general was always free before now. I've been subscribed to Feh Pass since it launched, and even I understand the can of worms that's been opened; locking a Spark behind Feh Pass comes dangerously close to gating actual content behind money, which would be absolutely absurd in a game that already runs on a paid Gacha system. I'm not affected, but I can totally see why poor players and F2P purists will interpret this as a middle finger from the developers.

As for LF!Byleth... I'm not impressed. She feels like LM!Byleth except worse -- note how her "stop screwing with my cooldown" effect is not an active buff and requires allies to remain close to her, while LM!Byleth's NFU only needs allies to start the turn near him but can then go on to rampage however they please. I feel like the static NFU buff is far more valuable.

Edited by Some Jerk

As someone who is not subscribed to FEH pass and doesn't plan to ever be (I quit spending on the game ~2 1/2 years ago), sparking on seasonal and legendary/mythic banners would certainly be welcome...but after thinking about it, I don't think it's all that bad.

First point: for non-subscribers, the game hasn't changed at all. It hasn't gotten better, but it hasn't gotten worse. You could make an argument that paying players are going to jump further ahead with this, and while technically true, it's to such a small degree that it will never be noticeable. Compared to resplendents which give a concrete stat boost that can make playing against paying players harder, the gameplay effect this will have on non-payers is virtually non-existent.

Second point: if you're a non-payer but really determined to get that one unit you want, it's not a bad price. $10 (or your regional equivalent) for the unit you want, a celestial stone, and all the other FEH pass perks for a month is a good deal if you're not strapped for cash. Other packs in the game that are offered regularly cost a lot more and don't allow you to choose your unit. If you are strapped for cash...refer to first point. Considering the strong likelihood that you'll be able to reach 40 summons without FEH pass, buy it, and immediately get your spark, it's even better, because you won't have any period of "Should I buy FEH pass to guarantee I get [unit] or should I risk it?" You can just go and if you don't get them along the way, buy the pass.

Third point: well, not really a 'point,' but I just don't care enough about this game to get upset about this lol. There are gacha games that I play that I would be genuinely disappointed if they shut down - and one of them already has - but this isn't one of them.

4 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

As for LF!Byleth... I'm not impressed. She feels like LM!Byleth except worse -- note how her "stop screwing with my cooldown" effect is not an active buff and requires allies to remain close to her, while LM!Byleth's NFU only needs allies to start the turn near him but can then go on to rampage however they please. I feel like the static NFU buff is far more valuable.

LMByleth's Professorial Text only grants NFU to allies if he's within 2 spaces of them during their combat. It's not a start of turn effect.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

LMByleth's Professorial Text only grants NFU to allies if he's within 2 spaces of them during their combat. It's not a start of turn effect.

...Whoops, so it is. I could've sworn there was a way to apply it as an active buff. I must be thinking of a Duo/Harmonic Skill...

2 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

...Whoops, so it is. I could've sworn there was a way to apply it as an active buff. I must be thinking of a Duo/Harmonic Skill...

You're thinking of Sothis: Bound-Spirit Duo. To be fair, M Byleth is part of that unit.

1 minute ago, Some Jerk said:

What appalls me most is that IntSys actually thinks a single spark on a L/M banner is worth paying money for.

I think it is at least 2 guaranteed summons, since every month has a Legendary/Mythic Foci, along with at least one of the following Special Heroes, Double Special Heroes, and/or Remix Foci. And if they sell more Forma Souls in the shop, having more Celestial Stones could get you even more Heroes. I think it is a pretty good deal for the price. The Black Knight Orb pack was about $5, while FEH Pass costs about $10 for one guaranteed monthly Hero and two or three 5* exclusive Heroes if you spend Orbs.

17 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Both Byleths' weapon effects are active all the time on player phase, require an ally within 2 spaces to activate on enemy phase, and apply the effect as a Drive buff to allies. Female Byleth's weapon effect is "Null Special Fighter", whereas male Byleth's weapon effect is Null Follow-Up (with a Spd check).

Female Byleth gets the Null Follow-Up (with a Spd check) effect as a field buff from her C skill and requires an ally within 2 spaces at the start of the turn to activate it.

Male Byleth doesn't get "Null Special Fighter", but gets Time's Pulse in the C slot, which has a similar functional effect.

On top of the effects that correspond to each other, female Byleth gets +7 Atk/Spd and "Warp Powder" as field buffs, both requiring an ally within 2 spaces at the start of the turn to activate.

Male Byleth gets nothing extra in exchange for a stronger Special that ignores percentage damage reduction.

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But that wasn't the case to begin with, so it not being the case in the future is no different. No one has lost a privilege that they used to have.

If you didn't have the peace of mind that you had saved enough orbs before, you still don't have the peace of mind going forward.

Except the option now exists via the FEH Pass. The privilege that they wanted for so long is now only available to a certain subset and that does negatively affect the mindset of the players since they can't get it for one reason or another. 

So instead of not having that peace of mind because it doesn't exist, you don't have that peace of mind because it's out of reach. 

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're assuming it has to be implemented in a way that is intrusive.

If they can't find a way to make it unintrusive, then they're failures at UI design and deserve all of the derision for such.

While I doubt it's going to be something akin to a billboard with the subtlety of a sledgehammer, it's probably going to be noticeable. One of the current ways they advertise to non-FEH Pass players is to have a tab below the quest icons before you start a mission saying "Auto Start Settings require FEH Pass subscription". I wouldn't put it above them to have something similar for when you summon after a certain point. 

Edited by Medeus

Just now, Medeus said:

Except the option now exists via the FEH Pass. The privilege that they wanted for so long is now only available to a certain subset and that does negatively affect the mindset of the players since they can't get it for one reason or another. 

And getting a PS5 or a new graphics card at a gigantic mark-up is also an option that exists, but is out of the reach of most people.

Why is the luxury of having sparks on more banners any different than the luxury of getting a PS5 or a new graphics card such that sparks on more banners should be free whereas a PS5 or new graphics card should not be free (assuming you agree that they shouldn't because they obviously shouldn't)?

Why should the negative mindset of players unable to afford Feh Pass entitle them to get sparks on more banners for free when the negative mindset of players unable to afford a PS5 should not entitle them to get a PS5 for free (with the same assumption as above)?

And if you think giving out free sparks on more banners doesn't cost anything for the developers and that's the difference, you would be wrong. They're already losing 200 USD per dolphin or whale per month from lost orb revenue alone just by making it part of Feh Pass (as I assume almost all dolphins and whales are already subscribed, so there's no increase in revenue, and even then, it's only 10 USD per player per month), so just implementing the feature for Feh Pass only is already costing them money.

And that's not an insignificant amount of money, either. If you very conservatively assume that the number of dolphins and whales is roughly equal to half the number of players in Tier 21 Arena (so half of about 2,000), that's already 2.4 million USD in losses per year, requiring 20,000 new full-year subscriptions to Feh Pass from otherwise non-paying players just to break even.

If you don't want to estimate the number of dolphins and whales in the player base, it still comes out to needing 20 new subscriptions to Feh Pass from otherwise non-paying players per dolphin or whale that is already subscribed to break even, and I'm not at all confident that that's actually a feasible number of new subscriptions to reach, so this new feature as it is is already a net loss to revenue.

I may be wrong, but it looks like the legendary Byleths would synergize well. It was kind of surprising to see F!Byleth get a legendary when we already had M!Byleth, but I guess it makes sense that if we were going to get another version of an avatar character as a legendary that it would be the fem version we get. As such, I'm not so sure we'll ever see M!Robin or M!Corrin get legendary versions. I'm not invested enough in either character to care either way, though, I guess.

As for the new FEH Pass perk, my first reaction was a negative one. As a dedicated F2P player who's already struggling with things like AR and the arena, I feel like this is going to only make life harder, especially since I don't like just mindlessly copying other people's builds for units or teams. But then I wound up dismissing this. It's not really beneficial to me personally, but it's not like being beneficial to me personally was ever a requirement on IS. It takes money to hire artists and voice actors, and to keep servers running, and if this game is going to continue, it needs to prove to be a viable moneymaker to IS. I understand that. I may just dislike it because I was never going to spend money on this game, so when you're in that position, it feels like someone's teasing you with something nice but saying you can't have it, and that doesn't feel good. It also kind of feels like it's becoming "pay to win," which is just bad and isn't going to help your public image as a company. IS has been pushing the FEH Pass since it was first announced, and the player base very clearly didn't like it always being in their faces. There was some fixing for that, but, for example, when viewing one's quests, it'll always first jump to the FEH Pass rewards you can't claim. And then this happens... I understand trying to make FEH Pass appealing, but this feels kind of pushy. Like, telling someone you're not interested but the person keeps on pushing you. It gets irritating fast, which is why people respond so adversely. In addition, I don't know how well it suits the fanbase.

See, you have two major groups of people who are drawn to FEH, from what I can tell. There are those who play free games because they're free, and are thus either frugal in general, or don't want to get heavily invested. Then, there are fans of Fire Emblem itself. You, of course, also get players who are a blend of the two. Now, Fire Emblem may be tried by various kinds of players, but given how it's constructed, it makes fans of certain kinds of people: people who are meticulous, invest a lot into a single project, think things through before acting, go deep in their knowledge, and often who have a loyalty streak. This is because Fire Emblem games are turn-based strategy games that require a lot of organizing, and can take a lot of time to complete. They are rich in story, and focus on more serious topics most of the time. So, naturally analytical people are the kinds who will enjoy it the most on the whole (as opposed to only specific games.) There is, of course, also the story and relationship aspects, which appeal to those who enjoy developing relationships that last, and so wind up being loyal to a task or series, especially if said person is being "rewarded" by extending the relationship. These are good players to have as a base, as they are likely to invest in the series again and again. So, returning customers. However, these people have at least exercised brain pathways for organizing resources (weapons, items, exp, in-game currency, support opportunities, etc.) and aren't afraid of taking more time on something in order to guarantee success. That means these are the sort of people who will be looking strategically at how to best achieve their aims. As such, they're going to prefer to pay once and be done rather than purchase a subscription. Further, they're going to be more careful with their money than more impulsive fanbases. "Wait and see" is a common approach for people who have exercised such mental pathways. So, they're more likely to save up a lot of orbs until the right opportunity comes around, and then strike with everything they have to achieve that goal. Then, back to saving mode. Now, as for those who like free games for the sake of the game being free, these people are either look for a new hobby (and won't feel as much like they HAVE to keep playing) or have money issues and don't want to spend anyway. The former is the most likely to be impulsive, or at least not think through every move as heavily as the generic Fire Emblem fan, or the penny-pincher. However, they're much less likely to stay invested in the game, and probably don't want to spend a bunch of time learning and understanding the lore, and may move on to another game relatively soon. The one who's looking for free games would probably stick around so long as free play is viable, and move on to the next free game when they start getting bored. Or, just keep it on as a casual player who enjoys the stuff they get from time to time.

So, no matter which kind one is, the subscription model isn't a great one for those most likely to be drawn to a Fire Emblem gacha game. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems to me like IS sometimes undervalues its strengths. (For example, writing rich and complex characters within an equally rich a complex world...and then trying to go generic with avatar characters and not really being able to achieve that anyway, as the avatar characters wind up being unique characters anyway, just more watered-down in order to try to "fit" as many players as possible.) Fire Emblem works as a gacha game, but the FEH Pass is poorly suited to its player base. I don't know exactly what IS can do to get FEH to earn more money, but they'd be best off falling back on the basics, and analyzing the psyche of its most major types of players, as well as their own natural strengths and playing to those. Maybe the system they had before was fine, but just needed some fine-tuning. For example, offer more rewards (like, 100 orbs instead of 50 or whatever) at a higher price, perhaps. I don't know if that will make any difference or whatever, but I think IS may be trying to copy what works for other games instead of thinking about what they have that makes them unique and focusing on that.

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And getting a PS5 or a new graphics card at a gigantic mark-up is also an option that exists, but is out of the reach of most people.

Why is the luxury of having sparks on more banners any different than the luxury of getting a PS5 or a new graphics card such that sparks on more banners should be free whereas a PS5 or new graphics card should not be free (assuming you agree that they shouldn't because they obviously shouldn't)?

Why should the negative mindset of players unable to afford Feh Pass entitle them to get sparks on more banners for free when the negative mindset of players unable to afford a PS5 should not entitle them to get a PS5 for free (with the same assumption as above)?

You don't have a third of a PS5 that's available for everyone and then 2/3's of it locked behind a paywall.

Remember that before we had this we had New Heroes Banners where you could spark regardless of your spending status in the game, and that was a feature that was appreciated. However, it was also agreed to be limited in scope and was critiqued as such so that hopefully IS would expand it to allow players to spark every banner in a similar manner. We got the expansion, but with a caveat that didn't exist with the previous system. 

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And if you think giving out free sparks on more banners doesn't cost anything for the developers and that's the difference, you would be wrong. 

I never said it didn't cost any money, so I'm not sure where you're getting that. 

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They're already losing 200 USD per dolphin or whale per month from lost orb revenue alone just by making it part of Feh Pass (as I assume almost all dolphins and whales are already subscribed, so there's no increase in revenue, and even then, it's only 10 USD per player per month), so just implementing the feature for Feh Pass only is already costing them money.

And that's not an insignificant amount of money, either. If you very conservatively assume that the number of dolphins and whales is roughly equal to half the number of players in Tier 21 Arena (so half of about 2,000), that's already 2.4 million USD in losses per year, requiring 20,000 new full-year subscriptions to Feh Pass from otherwise non-paying players just to break even.

If you don't want to estimate the number of dolphins and whales in the player base, it still comes out to needing 20 new subscriptions to Feh Pass from otherwise non-paying players per dolphin or whale that is already subscribed to break even, and I'm not at all confident that that's actually a feasible number of new subscriptions to reach, so this new feature as it is is already a net loss to revenue.

And I'm sure this is an issue for other gachas as well, but those can have universal spark systems with not nearly as harsh of a caveat as FEH is posing with this pass. 

Posted on the general thread, but I'll post this here too.

I don't think what they're doing is that big of a deal. Oh no, a company wants money? How shocking lol. But seriously it's one copy of them. I didn't even get them. I don't think this is going to break the meta or anything. I could be wrong. But also paying 10 dollars a month for my favorite mobile game from my favorite game company is the least I can do. I've only bought a ton of orbs twice (for Catherine and Vika). And at worst people can get a +1 added to one of the pull able heroes.

I know that people need to save up orbs to get enough to spark, but that's what most people do, I save up orbs all the time. I also don't spark in every sparkable banner. I only spark on the ones I really want or need. Lets me save up orbs easier haha

But I an sorry to those who this upset or to those that can afford 10 dollars a month. I get that. During the summer I cancel my subscription cause I only work during the school year. I also canceled for a few months during the lock down. I know what it's like. But I really can't hate on a company trying to make money to keep the game going.

As far as the banner goes, it will most likely be a pass from me. I'll use the tickets and stuff. Maybe I'll try for someone, but I'd rather save up my orbs. 

Edited by Dylan Corona

20 minutes ago, Medeus said:

You don't have a third of a PS5 that's available for everyone and then 2/3's of it locked behind a paywall.

Remember that before we had this we had New Heroes Banners where you could spark regardless of your spending status in the game, and that was a feature that was appreciated. However, it was also agreed to be limited in scope and was critiqued as such so that hopefully IS would expand it to allow players to spark every banner in a similar manner. We got the expansion, but with a caveat that didn't exist with the previous system. 

Runescape is free with 90% of the content locked behind a subscription pay wall, and they have eventually also incorporated microtransaction AND a gacha system as additional revenue streams. While some players are vocally against the two new revenue models, many others also do not mind it. I think it is a good idea for companies to expand their revenue model as different players have different financial ability and preferences, so you have to meet them where they are at. I am very hesitant to subscribe to subscriptions in general, and I did not spend a single penny on Runescape until they released microtransaction into the game. And then once I felt comfortable spending money on Runescape did I felt more comfortable getting subscription and being a member. I generally do not spend money on the gacha system, but when I do, it is usually because there is something guaranteed after you play a certain amount.

While Fire Emblem Heroes is a gacha game with subscription tacked on, so it is the opposite direction in that regard, I think the overall idea is the same. Maybe some players are not willing to spend money on the gacha system at all, but they might feel comfortable dabbling in it a little after they spend some money on Special Orb Packs and having Feh Pass. They might not go for the $40 or $75 Orb Pack on a regular basis, but because they are already spending money on Special Orb Packs and Feh Pass, they might be comfortable enough to spend an additional $13 or $20 once in a while to get a guaranteed summon.

As for locking some guaranteed summons behind Feh Pass, I do not think this is as big of an issue as locking quality of life features behind Feh Pass. In my opinion, Feh Pass should be strictly, or at least primarily, about getting extra resources, whether it is in the form of extra Orbs, free Heroes, or more guaranteed summons. On the other hand, quality of life features like stat increases, Summoner Support, Re-Act, Auto-Start, etc. should be free, and this not being so is more distasteful in my opinion.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I think it is at least 2 guaranteed summons, since every month has a Legendary/Mythic Foci, along with at least one of the following Special Heroes, Double Special Heroes, and/or Remix Foci. And if they sell more Forma Souls in the shop, having more Celestial Stones could get you even more Heroes. I think it is a pretty good deal for the price. The Black Knight Orb pack was about $5, while FEH Pass costs about $10 for one guaranteed monthly Hero and two or three 5* exclusive Heroes if you spend Orbs.

Depending on the timing, it could get you even more. If you wait for the start of January and then subscribe for one month, without renewing, you'll be able to spark on the Byleth F and New Year's banners before they end while still having enough time to spark on January's seasonal and mythic banners, as well as any Double Special banner that might show up. So like how a non-renewed month of Feh Pass can get you three Resplendents and three sets of quest rewards, it should also allow 4-5 sparks if you have enough orbs.

Personally I don't see a problem with this. It does mean universal sparks won't be a free thing, and that winter banner sparks will probably stop, but those were never things we could count on anyway and the implementation is reasonable. Like Ice Dragon said, I think this might actually be a net loss in revenue to keep players happier.

There's one thing that's kind of been nagging on the back of my mind since Male Legendary Byleth was released that I never vocalized. It's not like it's a big thing or that I particularly care about, but, does anyone feel like Byleth's animations are mixed up? Like for his default animation (which you'll likely never see after training him due to his set up encouraging special use) he uses the sword of the creator to whip people up instead of a tome. But for his special, Sublime Heaven, he uses his tome. Sublime Heaven is a sword skill, specifically of the Sword of the Creator. It feels like his special should be the one that has him unleashes the sword while his regular attacks have him using a tome as  tome. Just sort of weird is all. Course now they have Female Byleth using the sword for the normal attack too and has the special as more involved, so maybe they were playing the long game. *shrug*

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

There's one thing that's kind of been nagging on the back of my mind since Male Legendary Byleth was released that I never vocalized. It's not like it's a big thing or that I particularly care about, but, does anyone feel like Byleth's animations are mixed up? Like for his default animation (which you'll likely never see after training him due to his set up encouraging special use) he uses the sword of the creator to whip people up instead of a tome. But for his special, Sublime Heaven, he uses his tome. Sublime Heaven is a sword skill, specifically of the Sword of the Creator. It feels like his special should be the one that has him unleashes the sword while his regular attacks have him using a tome as  tome. Just sort of weird is all. Course now they have Female Byleth using the sword for the normal attack too and has the special as more involved, so maybe they were playing the long game. *shrug*

It's kinda like Legendary Roy to me. Roy's normal attack has that flame effect that is pretty cool... it is only used on his normal attack. Would be cool to have that on the special, like Bonfire.

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

...I'm sorry, but the entirely wrong person made this thread. I do not feel like you should let personal feelings be the first thing others see when opening a thread like this, especially blatantly negative ones. Leave them out, or at the very least put them BELOW the video.

"The entirely wrong person"? Do you know how many of these reveal threads I've started over the last five years? Many, and there's nothing wrong with how any of them were started. This is a forum. A public discussion forum. Many, many threads just like this start off exactly the same way. Post the video and some opinions on the content within, positive or negative. Exactly what you're supposed to do on a discussion forum.

This comes off as both petty and a personal attack, not to mention kind of publicly humiliating. If you have such a problem with how I started this specific thread, maybe bring it to me privately first instead of going the public humiliation route. It's such an easy thing to fix, clicking that "edit" button would take me all of two seconds.

There, it's edited to your standards. Happy? Merry Christmas to you, too.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

I like Byleth, so I'll try to pull a little for her. My only regret is that I can't pair her with my B!Dimitri, because he's paired with my B!Edelgard because I never got around to using B!Claude and pairing HIM with Edelgard. If I had more orbs, then I'd probably go after colorless as well, since making a +10 Marianne is something I think I'd like to do in the (FAR) far future. 

But overall, if I don't get anyone, I won't be too heartbroken. My priority is still CYL. Anything else is a fun but limited distraction right now. 

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, I didn't notice that with MByleth. But when I watched this one it was the first thing I noticed. I had to rewind to be sure she was a mage haha. It feels so strange. I mean I guess I get what they were going for. The sword is their main weapon, and magic is something special that you have to unlock in 3Houses. 

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Anyone care to explain their thought process to me, or is it nothing more than just a "Feh Pass bad" sentiment?

Sure, I will clarify my thought process.

While I am a F2P player, I understand the idea of FEH pass. I know it's a gacha game and they have to get money somehow. For this reason, I accepted it at first.

All the rewards for buying FEH pass were nice, but nothing game breaking:

•  Quality of life features? Sure it sucks to have them exclusive to those that have the pass, but it only affects the maps vs the AI of the buyer.
  • Resplendent units? The stats boost is nice, but unless you have +10 this specific unit and if this unit is even good, it won't matter too much compare to some of the newer units.
  • Extra Summoner Support slots? Again, it's a stats boost to a specific unit. It might matter, it might not. It also doesn't affect for things like a defense team or arena.
  • Extra resources? Most of them don't have any impacts. The only things I could think off is the extra orbs and perhaps the extra dragonflowers. Plus for the orbs, they don't guarantee you will anything out of them. You are still dependent on luck.

With that in mind, why is one "free" hero so bad? It's just one hero, right? Well yes, except this hero could be a powerful hero, exclusive to legendary and mythic banner. I know that it has been a few months, but I need to remind you all it took was just one copy of Fallen Edelgard for her to completely break the game for a few months. Oh sure, now we have many (5 stars only) counters to her. At least, anyone could have their own Fallen Edelgard if they just sparked to counter her with your own. So what would happen if not everyone could spark? Well, I could tell you it would be a big advantage for the non-F2P players who rely on luck or spend hundred of orbs, ruining months of saving for a single copy... IF they get it that is.

Also, it could be another supportive Legendary or Mythic Hero like Legendary Azura but worse, who you really only one copy to make it work.

The banner this mechanic is introduced is bad because the new hero is basically copy pasted from a previous one except in a different tome colour. Wait one month or two or three and you will see how bad this change is for the game. You've seen already how IS can ruin the game with the introduction of a Legendary Hero or Mythic Hero (Legendary Sigurd, Nott, etc) who don't need merges that badly or even seasonal units with powerful weapons like Bridal Catria who again, doesn't need merges because she's a support unit.

This was my thought process.

Edited by Nym

10 hours ago, Xenomata said:

...I'm sorry, but the entirely wrong person made this thread. I do not feel like you should let personal feelings be the first thing others see when opening a thread like this, especially blatantly negative ones. Leave them out, or at the very least put them BELOW the video.

Then maybe you should've been quicker on the draw.  Not everyone is going to be neutral towards this, and judging from the tone of your response, you're not neutral either.

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Wow that's almost impressively boring. Not just a character that's already been a legendary before, but in the same outfit too.

At least they managed to make M!Byleth's Enlightened One outfit look good, which is an accomplishment and his expressions also give off a better sense of authority which is appropriate for the his role.  F!Byleth's Enlightened One outfit still looks too ridiculous to be good (her exposed midriff doesn't compliment the outfit at all).

M!Robin has the best chance to be different from F!Robin (seriously, how hasn't either of them gotten a non Grima alt since the 1st year if we don't count Resplendent M!Robin as an alt?).  While with M!Corrin, it depends on if they give him a Sword instead of a Dragonstone.  They could even give him a Staff if they do go the Hoshido Noble route.

Edited by FailWood

3 minutes ago, FailWood said:

Then maybe you should've been quicker on the draw.  Not everyone is going to be neutral towards this, and judging from the tone of your response, you're not neutral either.

At least they managed to make M!Byleth's Enlightened One outfit look good, which is an accomplishment.  F!Byleth's Enlightened One outfit still looks too ridiculous to be good (her exposed midriff doesn't compliment the outfit at all).

M!Robin has the best chance to be different from F!Robin (seriously, how hasn't either of them gotten a non Grima alt since the 1st year if we don't count Resplendent M!Robin as an alt?).  While with M!Corrin, it depends on if they give him a Sword instead of a Dragonstone.  They could even give him a Staff if they do go the Hoshido Noble route.

I actually really like the notion of Staff Corrin. Especially since it'd be an opportunity to use all those festival staff whatchamacallits Fates has (wow, my spell checker can't detect British spellings, but it has no problem with whatchamacallits!?). Though given the track record, if they did give us a staff Corrin, they'd probably ignore all the Hoshidon stuff in the actual game and give them a made up staff. Bifrost if we're lucky, but have they even given us a single S ranked weapon from Fates? Probably someone somewhere, but the S ranked Fates weapons are getting bizarrely scorned, while the Fates cast have not, leaving very few people behind to actually use the Fates weapons.

10 minutes ago, FailWood said:

While with M!Corrin, it depends on if they give him a Sword instead of a Dragonstone.  They could even give him a Staff if they do go the Hoshido Noble route.

I’d prefer he get the Omega Yato (or at least the endgame Yato from Birthright) on the basis that there are still no Yato variants in Heroes despite it having seven variants across the three routes of Fates.

We’ve also gotten enough dragon Corrins.