Legendary Hero Battle: The Fódlan Light - Byleth

Xenomata

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FHWt5_mWQAAOqAL?format=png&name=orig

With her Professorial Guide to change her method of attack with every blow, and the Goddess Bearer skill to bless her in several deadly ways, Female Byleth has arrived and is ready for battle!

Maps (with Reinforcement spawns):

Spoiler

---Lunatic and lower---                                                                                            ---Abyssal---

KvyzBQJl.jpg?1          DHJGMv2l.jpg?1

---Turn 2 Reinforcements---                                                                                                             ---Turn 3 Reinforcements---

2Pavokzl.jpg?1          kN2mc4Fl.jpg?1

---Turn 4 Reinforcements---

1FyJ3fPl.jpg?1

Units (Abyssal stats)

Spoiler

Initial. All units and reinforcements begin moving from Enemy Phase 1. If no units are within her range, Byleth will begin moving on Enemy Phase 3.
Lance Flier is exclusive to Infernal and Abyssal difficulties.

WiulUrZl.jpg?1
yTxuf3Jl.jpg?1
CtnRXTJl.jpg?1
5Hr84zyl.jpg?1
VltTzBul.jpg?1
wq8Emzgl.jpg?1

Turn 2

MthgD9Ll.jpg?1
nJHbrvgl.jpg?1
Zf4Up6Gl.jpg?1

Turn 3

9Bubwtul.jpg?1
PSL3zksl.jpg?1

Turn 4

UWkCMabl.jpg?1
ISNPDPSl.jpg?1
vxJeLFYl.jpg?1

Edited by Xenomata

It may have taken me over a dozen tries to get the right team composition and positioning, but I did finally manage to clear Abyssal with a Save team.

+1+10 Valentine Gustav [+Def] (Loyalist Axe, Reposition, Ignis, Svalinn Shield, Crafty Fighter 3, D/R Near Save 3, Close Def 3)
+10+0 Winter Eirika [+Atk] (Joyous Lantern+ [Wrathful Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Close Counter, Dazzling Staff 3, Armor March 3, Close Guard 3)
+10+5 Ascended Fjorm [+Spd] (Nifl's Bite, Reposition, Ice Mirror, Steady Posture 3, Hardy Fighter 3, A/R Far Save 3, Fortress Def/Res 2) [Summoner Support]
+0+0 Winter Sephiran [+Atk, -Spd] (Tannenbaton+ [Wrathful Staff], Restore+, Earthwater Balm+, Atk/Res Push 4, Odd Recovery 3, Armor March 3)

Basically hiding in the top-right corner using the cliffs and walls to funnel enemies through a small number at a time. Eirika and Sephiran occasionally need to take pot shots at troublesome enemies, like the Sword Dragon with the Armorsmasher and the Bow Flier with the Firesweep Bow to keep them from overwhelming Gustav and Fjorm.

Fortress Def/Res is on Fjorm so that she has the same Atk stat as Gustav for Joyous Lantern's effect, though both of the units that actually gave Gustav trouble (the Red Mamkute and Red Dragon) nullify Bonuses, so I'm not sure how much it actually mattered in the end.

Looks like IS forgot that Male Byleth's LHB exists, because they forgot to add it into the data.

This map was pretty easy. Not having NFU at turn 1 makes Byleth an easy target, and once she is out I was able to use Heavy Blade to charge Galeforce.

@BoaFerox @Landmaster @Maaka @Sasori @Some Jerk @SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove

@Diovani Bressan Interesting lineup. Was wondering if Byleth's Guard would stop a lot of one-turn strats, but I guess only if you're not creative enough.

@Landmaster @Alexmender @Sasori @Some Jerk @BoaFerox

This was a bit annoying to deal with normally because of the Guard and Fatal Smoke for me, so I just rushed it instead.

@Diovani Bressan That was a really cool clear, it makes me wonder how L!Lucina will work after her remix.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice 2 turn clear. I'm kinda jealous of your Harmonic Caeda, I tried to get her during the double special banner and only got Inigo after Inigo, it was a pain. Celica showing that she's still in the top 5 swords even after Alm got that monstrous refine. 

As for my video, sadly I'm on a forced Feh hiatus so no video from me. Yep, my phone is too old for the game and it's already falling apart, lol. I ordered a new one, but it probably won't arrive until the Legendary banner's over (and same for the LHB). 

Yes... YES!!! The PERFECT PLACE to show the might of Wolf Berg!

I may have forgotten about the fact that Walhart and Nina both have Solo skills, so their stats were not quite as high as they could have been, but they both operated beautifully.

Wolf Berg is seriously good. Atk/Def -7 is a pretty big debuff for how simple it is to inflict, and that enabled so many kills. Byleth wasn't even able to do as much damage as I thought she would have otherwise. Walhart is back in the game!

Nina is a Ninja Yumi user, and that worked beautifully with the Wolf Berg debuff.

I had a feeling Alfonse would be needed for this one, even if just to absorb blows rather than get kills. Fortunately it was relatively easy to minimize the number of melee enemies once the battle entered the upper right corner.

LegAzura is and will always be a powerful dancer.

Well that was a pain. A teleporting teacher with a one shot kill move makes for a very tricky map. So it was Gatekeeper who kept the Araphen Orphans safe from Fembeth's warping wrath. It got a bit tricky after Byleth was out, but I eventually figured out how to make it work.

Infantry hexblade worked well in ensuring that Chad could both damage and tank wave one. Lugh did some nice damage and Raigh came in handy for the anti cav/res tanking job.

@Diovani Bressan Nice clear with a nice seteth I haven't pulled one in months🤬 . Leavatain is doing pretty nicely as well. She's almost too strong for galeforce with her nearly one shotting her foe.

@SatsumaFSoysoy: Oh Xenoblade music. Nice. Having Belica just carve through Byleth is certainly one way to deal with her...and the rest of the map fell just as easily to her. Nice to see the dancer getting the kill too.

@Xenomata Neat clear with a interesting team. I haven't seen a lot of Nina time, but she hit like a truck. Walhart's new refine does look crazy with him hitting half the map with his prf. +10 Alfonse is also cool to see.

@Landmaster @BoaFerox @Unknown Gamer11

Edited by Sasori

Not my favorite clear, way too much overuse of the cheating unit. Though, looking at some of my older clears, I also overuse certain non-Elises. This is one I will definitely try to redo when it comes back.

Hardest thing was really just getting rid of F!Byelth herself, so F to a couple Combat Manuals that needed to sacrifice themselves.

@Diovani Bressan - Nice one turn! Eitri is a great choice to start this off with her damage reduction while the rest of the team had no problems following up.

@GuiltyLove - Nice first clear! B!Micaiah's one of the better choices when it comes to needing to take a hit from F!Byleth.

Looks like the Whitewings were able to get it done. Having as much Galeforce as you can get is actually a great thing on maps like this. How are you feeling about Resplendent Est coming up soon? I think I'll be +10ing her, I only used her for Rokkr Sieges up until now and I think she deserves a full build.

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Good work, B!Celica is still a menace and so are her busted teammates with their broken weapons and warping shenanigans. It was nice to see NY! Plumeria get a kill in there.

@Sasori - Gatekeeper is a great babysitter keeping the boys safe from F!Byleth. It must have hurt him to have to get the kill on his Professor buddy, though. I think Chad was super impressive here with how well he was able to tank. Lugh's Ruse support is often overlooked and handy to have. I was thinking I'd need a Ruse myself but ended up not having to worry about it in the end.

@Landmaster  It certainly doesn't feel like a great victory when we have to rely on the duo units, but at least you cleared it with your team! Regular Elise is still the MVP of these maps with her Gravity effect and power. It was a smart move to have Savage Blow to spread damage. 

The problem with Galeforce builds is that you don't get to hear the special quotes! :( Resplendent Est would be fun to use, but I still don't see myself buying FEH Pass. I am hoping an anniversary gift would be a free resplendent ticket, like how we got a free Forma soul last year 😛 I need to update my Est build soon... 

Well no video here mostly on account of being too lazy to upload. I'm not sure if I could've gotten the turn 1 dominance clear. But instead of my usual team when that doesn't work. I decided to try a minor meme team. Besides, this map seemed perfect for messing around with Ash warping nonsense.

bylethblowout.png.4aa8ada403f9ba8cb7c3fc8b3dd3aadd.png

All legendaries or mythics team. Turn 1 moved Ash down one space to the cliff, warped Eitri, and instantly killed Byleth. Canto got her most of the way away, and a Reginn repo got her the rest of the way. From there it was mostly hanging out in the top right and killing everything. Ash needed Deflect Magic seal to survive at one point, and I gave Eitri Mystic Boost to keep her topped up. All +0 with vanilla skillsets mostly, and I'm pretty sure I could've swapped Triandra for Peony if I was inclined - she used Atk Tactic seal, needed to kill the axe idiot on turn 2. Wasn't too hard, especially with Canto nonsense.

Edited by System Error

Had to delay doing this map because of Christmas things, so while I was visiting the family I plugged away at it during some downtime.

Infernal is down, but Abyssal is pushing the limits of what my base Dancer Cancer team is capable of -- LF!Byleth's warpstrikes are very rude. This might require me pulling the trigger on some new projects early, which means waiting for fodder units to be relieved of their flowers/feathers.

Season's Beatings!

@BoaFerox @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11 @Maaka @GuiltyLove @Wanda @Diovani Bressan @daisy jane

A new "dancer" joins the squad! Not terribly sure about this Merrybilis build, but I can't imagine I'm going to finish merging Gatekeeper anytime soon, so I gave her some Christmas gifts and subbed her for Balldigan. I hummed and hawwed for a while about using three ranged units, but this map definitely called for hyper-offense, so Larum replaces Leanne instead of Puddle this time (mostly because Puddle was absolutely necessary for Byleth).

Sticking with Balldigan just didn't work because Puddle really needed that Atk buff from Whimsical Dream, but once I integrated Merrybilis into the team, it didn't even take me a half-hour to find a strat where Puddle could charge Astra and secure a spot to engage Byleth from. This map was pain while Byleth was providing her buffs and warp-sniping my units, but once she sucked down that Astra counter, literally everything stopped being threatening.

Edited by Some Jerk

Ugh, I guess they realized the other Byleth map was too easy so they made this one much more difficult. I didn't like the starting position and there are just a ton of annoying enemies bunched up together (granted that's how I tend to play this game too but still) with F!Byleth being the biggest problem with her skills. I did manage to beat Abyssal by clearing the map in one turn but it involved using Duo Peony. I haven't decided if I will post a video clear of it later.

@GuiltyLove Nice clears. Your units didn't need to worry about the cliff tiles in the center of the map since they could just fly over it. I was kind of surprised Micaiah one shot the red bow unit since he seemed like he was made to tank at least one hit.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Great clear. Tana let Celica jump right in and start wrecking things.

@Landmaster Nice clear. I liked how OG Elise just slowly chipped away every other enemy's health after each attack. Gravity plus double savage blow seems like a good combo for this map.

Took quiet a bit of feh pass resetting but I finally got the thematic abyssal clear I was looking for with the legendary three houses lords + new legendary Byleth. I want to do it again and record it but it will take a bit to remember what I did lol and do it without feh pass resets

Edited by vikingsfan92

Now that I had time to watch the clears, I can comment about them:

@GuiltyLove That clear was pretty fun to watch. Micaiah did a nice job tanking Byleth, and good use of Galeforce with both Catrias. At first, I planned to use Micaiah on my clear, since she can do the same job as Eitri in killing Byleth and still ending the combat with less than half HP, but I went with Eitri instead because I like her.

The Galeforce Team did great as well!

@SatsumaFSoysoy I see... as well. And I listen as well, because that was a pretty good pick for music. About the clear, Tana allowing Celica to reach her foes was pretty nice, then Celica took more than half of them alone was very nice. She is a very fun unit to use, for sure.

@Sasori What a mean Red Archer, taking Chad's healing on turn one... You should never do that to  a kid that kills others with a candy cane! Nice clear, and I liked that you used Gatekeeper to deal with Byleth. That's something to report, for sure!

@Landmaster You did a great job staying in the top right corner, and using Elise's Gravity to stop foes from reaching you team... expect for Byleth that cheats, but she was not strong enough to defeat Tropical Flower. Nice clear, and nice music choice too.

@Landmaster: NinCorin did put in some impressive kills, but the true stars where still the normal Elise's. I did't expect to see Selise to one shot Byleth like that. And OG gravitying people in their place and killing everything is as powerfull as ever.

@Diovani Bressan: Bullying Chad is always a bad idea. It was accidently very (un)fitting to bring gatekeeper along, but I thought it was funny as well.

@MagicCanonBalls: Thats probably the first Arthur i've seen in...anything Feh related. But not only did he tank Byleth, but also the entire magic half of the map. Nice clear.

On 12/25/2021 at 6:49 AM, Sasori said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy: Oh Xenoblade music. Nice. Having Belica just carve through Byleth is certainly one way to deal with her...and the rest of the map fell just as easily to her. Nice to see the dancer getting the kill too.

I quite like NYPlumeria. Her combat utility is limited but she is good at her job, which is good enough for a dancer.

Gatekeeper would make a good babysitter. Fine counterplay with him blocking off the teleporting, then slapped her with the Bignis.

On 12/26/2021 at 5:16 AM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Good work, B!Celica is still a menace and so are her busted teammates with their broken weapons and warping shenanigans. It was nice to see NY! Plumeria get a kill in there.

If the boss can warp, I can do it better.

The Elises still got to shine, what with Elise's Gravity keeping the map in check, and Summer Elise destroying Byleth with Glimmer.

@Some Jerk Wow, nice Mirabilis build. She can definitely tank and harm some reds coming her way. I guess it's fine to mix up who you use.

19 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy I see... as well. And I listen as well, because that was a pretty good pick for music. About the clear, Tana allowing Celica to reach her foes was pretty nice, then Celica took more than half of them alone was very nice. She is a very fun unit to use, for sure.

Xenoblade music is quite versatile.

I've been using STana a lot in summoner duels. Quite fun.

@Diovani Bressan Nice clear! Laevatein Galeforce is always fun to see. Also neat how the Brave Lance had a use here over the Ninja Naginata in weakening Seteth so he could charge Galeforce.

@GuiltyLove Nice clears! This map definitely looks a lot harder when you have to actually deal with the reinforcements and don't just finish it before they can appear lol. Always cool to see Valentian Catria outputting such large numbers. Very nice use of Galeforce in that second clear as well!

@SatsumaFSoysoy This clear has some of my favourite things, Tana and Xenoblade music, making it amazing! Summer Tana really shines on maps with lots of obstructions like this. Her advantage of being a flier unlike Ash is also apparent here, since she can cross the cliffs. NY Plumeria killing a dragon on enemy phase is also cool to see. A quick victory!

@Sasori Oh, nice application of Gatekeeper to stop the warps! Haven't seen him used too much in PvE clears, but he worked really well for this map. The orphans did great as usual too, very nice clear!

@Landmaster That looked pretty rough, but the Elises pulled through after all! Normal Elise stopping the enemies from advancing too fast was the mvp here I'd say, but they all played their parts perfectly.

@Some Jerk Watching clears here is making me realize how hard this map is to deal with normally compared to one turning it. The dancers pulled it off this time too though, that perfect Astra from Azura really changed the flow of the whole match. Seeing Winter Mirabilis for the first time is very cool too, she made great use of that Close Reversal. Nice work!

Female Byleth made the most fatal mistake of her life by needing a turn to activate her Null Follow-Up this time. The moment you do that is the moment Arden Galeforces on you, and that is pretty hard to live down when you're mostly known for having some form of Null Follow-Up in all your incarnations. Originally started off this clear using Bold Fighter Amelia, but then I thought it would be really funny if it was Arden, so... I might have wasted 20k feathers on a meme Galeforce build. But I figure it could potentially have use in a future Genealogy locked Limited Hero Battle, at least that's how I try to justify it lol

I took a pretty long time to get this clear done due to being busy with holiday stuff, so at first I just did a cheat clear with Valentian Palla. Figured I could leave the video here in case anyone that has these units want to replicate it for an easy clear when the map returns.

Edited by BoaFerox