Best unit in the series?

Jotari

On 12/28/2021 at 2:09 PM, pong said:

I will say that BEXP also makes it easier, not just cheaper, to level up your Oscar, Kieran, or Marcia, compared to Franz, Vanessa, or Cormag. In SacSto, you do have to actively look for kills, especially for your flyers, while Kieran and Marcia can be heavy carries basically one or two maps after their respective joining map. And I'll say again that I find that Seth compares better to promoted growth units than Titania:

Do peole consider training Franz or Cormag to be a challenge? Vanessa I can understand, since she starts with such low Strength, but I've never had trouble getting kills with the other two. Hell, they're probably easier to get going than a non-BEXP'd Marcia.

On 12/28/2021 at 12:50 PM, Vicious Sal said:

Also, shoutout to M! and F! Kris. Not my vote, but big balls of stats they are.

I'd be curious from folks who know FE12 better than I do - are the Krises considered better than, say, Palla or Sirius? I know they're good, but I'm not sure how dominant they're assessed to be.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I'd be curious from folks who know FE12 better than I do - are the Krises considered better than, say, Palla or Sirius? I know they're good, but I'm not sure how dominant they're assessed to be.

The big thing with Kris is that their early join time on a bunch of tiny-as-shit maps gives them a bunch of levels it's obscenely easy to rig. Of course even without rigging level ups and even while being disappointed with my Dakota's early growths, he still wound up being a stat-capping monster.

Edited by Alastor15243

On 12/27/2021 at 8:21 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:
Falcoknight is just a really good class in that game (and it's even better in the original Gaiden). It gets effective damage against Terrors, which are the bulk of Celica's enemy load in Act IV onward. Plus, flying mobility is great when it comes to desert and swamp maps. Bows may be a problem, but few enemy types use them. And it's worth noting that enemies using the generic Bow aren't even dealing effective damage.

As for Palla in particular, her base stats don't especially stand out. But she has solid growths in Strength and Skill. Moreover, she's just 4 levels from promoting to Falcoknight, which can boost her Speed and physical bulk. She's not as broken here as she was in Mystery or its remake, but I'd still count Palla as at least a top 5 unit in Celica's army.

The thing is, I feel her speed compromises her in SoV; as a follow-up only requires 1 more speed, Palla tends to miss doubles that her sisters would get/get doubled by enemies that her sisters would be doubling instead. And unfortunately, those tend to include annoying enemies like Mogalls.

11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

The thing is, I feel her speed compromises her in SoV; as a follow-up only requires 1 more speed, Palla tends to miss doubles that her sisters would get/get doubled by enemies that her sisters would be doubling instead. And unfortunately, those tend to include annoying enemies like Mogalls.

I mean, sure - Catria is faster, and with training, Catria or even Est would surpass Palla. The thing is, Palla joins closer to promotion than Catria. If she can hit Falcoknight first, it's a huge boon to her utility. In any case, you should be using both of them.