Comparing the (pseudo) Lords' stats across all games.

Vicious Sal

So a while ago this post about a Lords Battle got me thinking. How would all lords compare to one another from a stat perspective? This of course is not easily glanced since most FE games use different stat scaling. So here we have a table that converts stats from one game to Three Houses metrics:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRRt-p2B208an7BaQfMgKYu3eUTSdhc80Xcq9PwSSBVzg4kdsUVvUpq5pyEt7mh_An0tqbQThUmlVkl/pubhtml

On the first page you can see four tables:
- Table 1(Top Left) contains all highest caps from every game, so we're all working with the highest metrics for every game. A few things to note; Three houses max stats are taken from characters and do not take class additions into account. Radiant Dawn does not use Laguz caps as there are no laguz lords.
- Table 2(Bottom Left) lists the conversion rate. This shows how many points a stat is worth if transferred to Three Houses. As we can see, for example, Yuri has 1's across the board. However, every point of Str Roy gains is almost 3 points of Str when converted to Three Houses.

In short: Caps are noted for each game, the highest value I could find for playable units, not just a specific class. (With some exceptions such as laguz)
Then I noted a conversion rate for those stats. How much do I need to multiply the caps of the otrher games with to get the same value as the 3h cap. So for the GBA games the Hp cap is 60, for 3H the Hp cap is 114. So the conversion rate for that is 1,9. 1,9 * 60 =114

Next I noted down all the average stats for each unit (which is where some muddled stuff is found for Robin etc).

Lastly you can just convert averages to 3h versions of those averages by multiplying an average with its matching conversion rate.
So Micaiah's 44/70 Hp average vs cap is the same as saying her stats are  71/114 (3H)

- Table 3 (Top right) shows average stats for every unit plus some things I'll go into detail about. First off, I am not entirely happy with the Corrins and all three Awakening units. If I use OifeyBot correctly the Awakening units should have gone from lord>great Lord and Tactician>GrandMaster for 20/20 averages. But the stats seem low. I went for Maiden!Lucina and no boons or banes for Robin. Corrin should also be boon-/baneless. The Three Houses leaders are levelled from base to 99 in their unique classes/Trickster for Yuri. this is for simplicity's sake though I may change this to an actual progression with intermediate classes later.
Lastly, I thought about stat bonuses. in the end, I added these as fairly as I could. This means Ike and Micaiah gain +5 to all stats from Yune's blessing. this seemed overpowered compared to the other units, but Seliph and Sigurd also wield the Tyrfing which grants +40 stat total, which is even more than the bonus Yune gives. I may have missed some bonuses so please do let me know. All noteworthy stuff is listed next to each unit.
- Table 4 is the end result, but I advise going to the next page for some more detail and a clearer layout.

Results:

Ok, so the results are in! To preface, this still doesn't paint the whole picture of who would win a Battle Royale. Combat arts, crit rate, matchups and skills all play a role and as such these stats are not an end all be all.

- Coming in at a shared 1st place for the Hp category are M!Kris and Alm! ike barely misses due to him capping at 65 Hp but the max for Tellius Beorc is 70. Cool to see Celica clocking in at 104 Hp, F!Kris also matching her in her swordmaster class. Even Roy broke into triple digits! Yuri scores lowest with a measly 64 HP.

- Attack has our first set of Cap exceeding units. Dimitri, Ike and Ephraim make the top three, all exceeding the cap. Dimitri due to Class bonuses, Ike is blessed by Yune and Ephraim has his Siegmund granting him additional Strength. To no one's surprise, Micaiah ranks lowest, but with 51 Str she is still able to wield any Light tome without a speed penalty.

- From last place all the way to first, Micaiah shows that she is truly the queen of Magic! Almost breaking into triple digits, Micaiah is way ahead of everyone that matters. Here we see our first weird cases. Hector clocks in at an incredible 85 Magic, almost capping out. But that's merely because his Mag was copied from his Str, due to no split existing. Anyone on a horse or in heavy armour will have to watch out. We also see our absolute lowest stat here, 2 magic for Sigurd. Don't think he's going to miss it.

- In the skill category we see something kinda horrific. Ike has a 100 Skl stat, meaning every other attack will proc Aether. Seliph also goes beyond the cap with a staggering 93 skill! As for our tactician... He actually has the lowest skill amongst the (pseudo)lords. Of course, this may change depending on whether or not I handle the 3DS averages correctly. So we'll see.

- three houses takes first and last place, with Yuri capping speed and gaining a bit more due to trickster class. Edelgard, as an Emperor from start to finish, lags behind with a measly 43 speed. Thank goodness stride and raging storm exists.

- The luckiest man alive here is Leif, with the highest value we'll see today. 116 Luck! that's well and truly past the cap of 77. Marth and Micaiah are also poised to buy lottery tickets, whereas Sigurd doesn't seem to be that lucky. Fitting, all about that story immersion right?

- To almost no one's surprise, Hector is one beefy boi. Going well past the cap with Ike close behind. Ike has two bonuses, however, so Hector is way more homegrown on the defence side. Edelgard also impresses with a great 64. Celica is made of paper with the lowest score of 28.

- Lastly, we have Resistance, and everyone knows who wins here. Micaiah is the first lord to claim two titles, with highest Magic and Resistance. Going almost 30 above the cap! She can take a hit on the magical side, and even 51 defence is quite sturdy. The person who does not want to face Micaiah's magic stat is Marth, with 8 Resistance. That's after being bolstered by the Binding Shield! Res is generally low, with only a few breaking 50 or more. Lyn and Roy benefit from their weapons, as do Sigurd and Seliph who come close -breaking the cap even!- due to their insane +20 Res in their base game from Tyrfing.

- And to close it out we have stat totals! Here we can see who is a dud and who is a big ball of stats! Robin scores lowest, with Chrom almost matching him. Not even breaking 400 Stat total. this of course may change when 3DS units are recalculated.
Surprisingly Micaiah actually beats out everyone for first place. Mostly this seems to be a case of having so much more Res than most other characters. it wasn't what I expected at all, Ike took second even, who I thought was going to win. But in the end, Micaiah was the only one who broke 600 stat total.

Of course, Yune's blessing helps, but as said before, I decided to count these as the Yune bonus isn't even the largest one in the list, and everyone else also has their final weapons etc. So when assuming the peak performance of each unit, this seemed fair to include.

Feel free to discuss these units in the comments, let me know if I messed up something that I haven't addressed in the post. Please help me fix the Awakening and Fates units because I think I didn't do them right. Were there any statistics that stood out to you? I personally really liked the FE5 stat conversion rate!

I may compare the final bosses of each game as well at some point seems fun.

Edited by Vicious Sal

Well obviously this is something I'm interested in since I do the same sort of pointless databasing myself, but before I can actually say any comment about the results, I have to point out that you don't seem to actually have the stats listed on each column. Like, I assume the first row is HP and the second is strength etc, but the fact that they're unlabeled makes it quite hard to digest.

Also Yune's blessing gives +5 to all stats? That's not something I remember.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Well obviously this is something I'm interested in since I do the same sort of pointless databasing myself, but before I can actually say any comment about the results, I have to point out that you don't seem to actually have the stats listed on each column. Like, I assume the first row is HP and the second is strength etc, but the fact that they're unlabeled makes it quite hard to digest.

Only on easy mode.

12 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Only on easy mode.

Ah, that explains it. Never played Radiant Dawn easy mode. Is it a straight upgrade to the stats, or do the blessed weapons get a +5 on each stat?

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Seems like in formatting all Stat value indicators (Hp etc) were shifted to the bottom at some point. I can see all of them though.
And yes, when making this I was thinking of how to factor in bonus stats. The idea was to look at hight of average power. SO all available tools at 20/20 with average stats. It's listed in the doc as well.

Edited by Vicious Sal

29 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Ah, that explains it. Never played Radiant Dawn easy mode. Is it a straight upgrade to the stats, or do the blessed weapons get a +5 on each stat?

I'm not sure, it's been more than a decade since I last played on easy mode. But I think it's independent of the blessed weapon.

14 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Seems like in formatting all Stat value indicators (Hp etc) were shifted to the bottom at some point. I can see all of them though.
And yes, when making this I was thinking of how to factor in bonus stats. The idea was to look at hight of average power. SO all available tools at 20/20 with average stats. It's listed in the doc as well.

Ah, that's weird. I can see them at the bottom now. It's better to put them at the top and then freeze the cells so they can be seen no matter how far down you scroll.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Ah, that's weird. I can see them at the bottom now. It's better to put them at the top and then freeze the cells so they can be seen no matter how far down you scroll.

Am planning on doing that. It was like that at some point even. Must've CTRL-Z'd a bit to far back somewhere.

And yes, EM bonuses are extra stat that aren't tied to weapons, and ignore caps. But as said, these aren't even the biggest bonuses that get counted, considering we have Tyrfing anyway.

17 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Am planning on doing that. It was like that at some point even. Must've CTRL-Z'd a bit to far back somewhere.

And yes, EM bonuses are extra stat that aren't tied to weapons, and ignore caps. But as said, these aren't even the biggest bonuses that get counted, considering we have Tyrfing anyway.

Well I wasn't really expressing disapproval, just surprise as I was unaware the existence of such a thing. The size of them wouldn't be what would have me objecting to their inclusion, more just that their existence is only in easy mode, which no one plays.

Holy moly Sanaki can get a +15 defense boost coupling Yune's blessing with the Rudol Gem. Throw Rex Aura on her and you have a unit with +18 defense, that's like Genealogy levels of additional stat boosts. Shame there's only like one physical attack in the game to tanks such a hit with XD

EDIT: I don't really see how you're converting stats into Three Houses numbers. Just looks like a list of values.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Well I wasn't really expressing disapproval, just surprise as I was unaware the existence of such a thing. The size of them wouldn't be what would have me objecting to their inclusion, more just that their existence is only in easy mode, which no one plays.

Holy moly Sanaki can get a +15 defense boost coupling Yune's blessing with the Rudol Gem. Throw Rex Aura on her and you have a unit with +18 defense, that's like Genealogy levels of additional stat boosts. Shame there's only like one physical attack in the game to tanks such a hit with XD

EDIT: I don't really see how you're converting stats into Three Houses numbers. Just looks like a list of values.

Sanaki can't wield Rexaura.

As for the stats, what is unclear to you, maybe I can try and elaborate further if i know where you're stuck.

EDIT: I just realised the publicized document does not show the option to show calculations.

In short: Caps are noted for each game, the highest value I could find for playable units, not just a specific class. (With some exceptions such as laguz)
Then I noted a conversion rate for those stats. How much do I need to multiply the caps of the otrher games with to get the same value as the 3h cap. So for the GBA games the Hp cap is 60, for 3H the Hp cap is 114. So the conversion rate for that is 1,9. 1,9 * 60 =114

Next I noted down all the average stats for each unit (which is where some muddled stuff is found for Robin etc).

Lastly you can just convert averages to 3h versions of those averages by multiplying an average with its matching conversion rate.
So Micaiah's 44/70 Hp average vs cap is the same as saying her stats are  71/114 (3H)

On the next page you can see it neatly noted.

Edited by Vicious Sal

12 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Sanaki can't wield Rexaura.

Yeah, I figured she probably couldn't get the SS Rank.

12 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

As for the stats, what is unclear to you, maybe I can try and elaborate further if i know where you're stuck.

Well the whole method. You have Three Houses characters listed as 1000, so I guess that's some sort of base line, even though none of them actually go lower than 1000. Why is Radiant Dawn 1629 and Shadows of Valentia 2192, I have no context for these values.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, I figured she probably couldn't get the SS Rank.

Well the whole method. You have Three Houses characters listed as 1000, so I guess that's some sort of base line, even though none of them actually go lower than 1000. Why is Radiant Dawn 1629 and Shadows of Valentia 2192, I have no context for these values.

I was writing an explanation already since I realised you can't see the calculations in a publicized document. It's in the post above.