Special Heroes silhouette - New Year 2021-2022

Fire Emblem Fan

My guesses are Lyre and Fáfnir as well, which makes sense. Lyre, so Lethe is not the only Tellius Beast with NY alt, and Fáfnir because Heroes are in NY banners since 2018's banner.

We could get Reginn as well, and maybe Ranulf too. One of them being the TT (Ranulf would be my guess).

I will guess Dagr & Nótt as Duo Hero this time.

Depending on how far back the voice lines for these units were recorded, Ranulf may not happen since his Japanese VA (who also does Alfonse, Berkut and Tibarn) went on hiatus in August following a scandal (unless they replace the actor).

Just something to keep in mind since the silhouettes are very cut and dry this time (especially when you remember the two things IS likes to include on the New Year's banner)

I'm not too convinced that the right is Fafnir, since I think his hair is just a tad different, but they also have been making at least one Heroes OC be in the new year banners, so that probably is just a different artists take on Fafnir's hair.

No comment on the left. Clearly a Laguz, but I don't know enough about Laguz characters to make any guesses.

Only other comment to make: is probably-Fafnir holding a rose? Is he being a romantic?

48 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

No comment on the left. Clearly a Laguz, but I don't know enough about Laguz characters to make any guesses.

Her name has already been mentioned several times, so here's her page on the wiki.

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Lyre?so=search

She's Lethe's younger sister, and a contender for worst unit in Radiant Dawn.

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Her name has already been mentioned several times, so here's her page on the wiki.

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Lyre?so=search

She's Lethe's younger sister, and a contender for worst unit in Radiant Dawn.

...so... Lyre is probably gonna be the demote unit, based solely on that fact.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

...so... Lyre is probably gonna be the demote unit, based solely on that fact.

Maybe, but Karla is widely considered the worst in Blazing Blade and she was one of the stars of her banner.

The one on the right definately looks like Fafnir to me, but I feel like there's someone else in the series with hair like that: close to the scalp and slicked back, but still in definitive strands. The little bits poking out of the left girl's head makes me think Ash, but it's too early for her (and the ears are missing.) I saw the Lyre guess and that could very well be it.

Blast it Christmas Tharja, if you didn't have R Tome Valor, I wouldn't have spent all my orbs on you. At least you actually showed up this year, so I am happy about that, but... This is looking like a banner I probably don't want to skip...

9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Depending on how far back the voice lines for these units were recorded, Ranulf may not happen since his Japanese VA (who also does Alfonse, Berkut and Tibarn) went on hiatus in August following a scandal (unless they replace the actor).

Just something to keep in mind since the silhouettes are very cut and dry this time (especially when you remember the two things IS likes to include on the New Year's banner)

It's hard to imagine Alfonse never getting another alt, I imagine they'd at least find a replacement for him.

I wonder if FEH isn't too stuck in tradition. This banner seems to follow the same trend of the other new year banners in that its two or three OC's of the current book, as well as two Laguz units. Lyre(if its really her) seems only there because they were hardly any Laguz remaining that didn't already get an alt recently. But if we have to scrape the bottom of the barrel just to keep tradition going then perhaps that's a sign that you shouldn't stick to it so hard?

So... yeah, thats Lyre. Look at her ears, look at her hair! Its a very distinct hairtyle to NOT be her.

Now the guy... I obviously don't deny the idea of him being Fafnir, but as @Acacia Sgt and @Mercakete said, it cooould be someone else, its not really rare to see guys with this slicked back hair in FE. First thing that came to my mind was Hardin but I think that the guy in the silhouette is slimmer so probably not, it could also be Reinhardt too (as Acacia Sgt said), and theres probably some others that fit this silhouette. Idk, I guess I'll stick with Fafnir for now though, because we will have characters from Heroes and Radiant Dawn and probably some random from Fates (likely from Hoshido) will be there too right? So if the guy was say, Reinhardt, we would have characters from 4 games in this NY banner? I don't think so. Or we won't have any character from Fates this year?

Anyway, I think that almost everyone agrees that Reggin, Nótt and Dagr will be there so... thats it I guess: Reggin, Nótt, Dagr (probably Nótt+Dagr duo), Lyre, probably Fafnir and... I don't remember if it is 1 or 2 more units lol, but they will probably be from Fates (and if not, then other RD laguz)

Also, which scandal happened with Alfonse's and Ranulf's VA? And did he like just retreated (and probably will stay out until the scandal is forgotten) or he actually called it quits forever? If he quit then he will likely be replaced, I don't think that Alfonse will stop getting alts and voiced clips just because of this (also maybe thats why Book V's ending clip was just Eitri talking, maybe IS is waiting for the guy to come back soon so they didn't want to give Alfonse another VA yet?)

One more thing, Im so SO happy that we will finally have NY Nótt and Dagr, as I said in other threads, I've been waiting for them the whole year!!! (and I saved orbs for them this month!). I usually find the "sexy kimono" thing pretty obinoxious (like with NY!Camilla and NY!Plumeria) since the characters will look cool anyway (or rather, cooler) if they use them normally (and also cuz it looks like they're trying too hard to force fanservice where is less natural to put it than in say, a beach banner, I also usually dislike fanservice in stuff like christmas banners for the same reason, ITS WINTER, WHY WOULD THEY SHOW THAT MUCH SKIN? Do they want some part of their bodies to necrose or what????), but I have to admit that I'll be kinda disapointed if Nótt doesn't show her legs (at least one!), she is allowed (Idk how will Dagr show off her abs in a kimono though, maybe its too much to ask).

EDIT: @Etrurian emperor  Idk, I think that Beast Laguz might be the new "thing" of NY banners? Like, before it was Hoshido characters (since it was even said that the NY festival was a Hoshido tradition), but now they might be running out of popular options from Hoshido to put in the NY banner (idk how many more popular characters from hoshido are there, never played fates) or they just got tired of doing this every year (since everyone got that the festival is from Hoshido already), so last year they did Hoshido for the last time with Kaden and Selkie + other beast Laguz, as some kind of "transition", like, they might stop with Hoshido but the beast laguz will stay as the "New new year thing" until they run out of options/get tired again, then we will have something else (like, maybe just laguz in general, or whatever else they want to, besides the OCs). Of course, I might be wrong and we might have another character from Hoshido again this year, that was just a guess.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

4 hours ago, Othin said:

It's hard to imagine Alfonse never getting another alt, I imagine they'd at least find a replacement for him.

They'll likely replace the guy (if it has to come to that) eventually for the sake of a future Alfonse alt, but they'd also probably be fine with shelving Ranulf, Berkut and Tibarn for a while.

I can't wait for the above sentence to age like shit later today.

5 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Also, which scandal happened with Alfonse's and Ranulf's VA?

The short answer is that he cheated on his wife.

10 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I thought the scandal was that he had attempted suicide. Or perhaps I'm confusing him with another VA.

Yeah, I believe he did that too after having the extramarital affair. Poor health was one of the reasons cited for the hiatus.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I wonder if FEH isn't too stuck in tradition. This banner seems to follow the same trend of the other new year banners in that its two or three OC's of the current book, as well as two Laguz units. Lyre(if its really her) seems only there because they were hardly any Laguz remaining that didn't already get an alt recently. But if we have to scrape the bottom of the barrel just to keep tradition going then perhaps that's a sign that you shouldn't stick to it so hard?

Man I hope that's not the ongoing tradition. I mean I love my Laguz, but other characters need some new year's love.

Also like I said before, I'd like more nonalt Laguz. I mean we still need non wedding Rafael and non pirate Vika. Plus there are so many cool looking Laguz in normal attire.

Maybe they're holding off on normal attire till the Tellius Echoes? If the rumors end up being true.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

But she's also a young girl, so. There's also the Karla precedent that Florete mentioned.

And regardless if Lyre is a premium unit or not, she is pretty much guaranteed to outclass New Year's Lethe (and especially base Lethe) statwise when one of the most notable things about Lyre in Radiant Dawn is that she's a worse Lethe (and Lethe is already pretty bad in Radiant Dawn too because most of the non-royal Laguz are meme units).