Faith in the Spirits Arc 1: To Align the Stars

Mercenary on the Winds

"After Tio had done a bit of prodding, yes. I don't think the whole hand thing was necessary, but I trust his judgment that the fight was unavoidable enough, and it was experience you all needed going forward. We'll more than likely be ambushed in Islexia at least once, after all. It's what we suspect happened to the previous envoy," Elisa answered, not really having much of a strong opinion one way or another. "Safe passage would be nice, but they won't even dream of it for a Glacian mercenary group along with VIPs like us. We're number two on the list of things they hate after Lufiria and all." She shrugged again, not knowing what she or Tio could do to help that along, if anything.

"Hmm. Well, if you want to talk or anything I suggested, we can do that after I've had my go, yeah? You just wait outside until then." Natalya had even less of an idea how to interpret this one; maybe it was less of anything concrete and moreso just Aly being afraid of what might happen to her, and the fortune teller picked up on that? Either way, she wanted to get her own fortune first. Perhaps she'd be rattled enough by it that she wouldn't be able to comfort Aly, but that in itself was exciting, because the tiger really didn't know what could be shown to her to get her that upset.

A quick nod toward the teller's stand, and she'd be leading the two over. Though, since they didn't have eyes on it while they spoke, there was a familiar tall man now in front. "Hi, Cinaed. If you're here for your fortune too, I'll just wait for my turn." Still, even if he'd already been with them for over a week now, Tasha wasn't used to people that much taller than her. More than anything else, she felt annoyed that trying to pat him if he ever needed it would look ridiculous. He'd also likely think me ridiculous for having a thought like that in the first place.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tio took hold of the dress that Renais had picked, before placing a finger on her chin, "So that's how it's going to be, hmm?" She quickly looked Renais over; she was very similar in build to herself, just a bit smaller in most regards. She wanted something that was going keep her legs free, but judging by her disposition, she wasn't going to want something too loud. Not that she really needed the help or anything. Her impressive figure was going to show unless she was wearing that cloak. 

Tio had a look over her shoulder as the shop livened up as Laniva, of all people, walked out of a changing room in a striking dress. She didn't have to say anything, Aegean, a small mouse, and another feline all expressed their delight at Lani's appearance. Though, judging by Lani's face, she hadn't been the one to pick the dress. But whoever did had an eye for drawing out Laniva's features. She didn't have much to offer in compliments that weren't already said, so she turned back to Renais. "Well, I guess I have my work cut out for me." 

Tio looked around quickly; if the store had dresses like that, they'd definitely have one that matched the image that was forming in her head. Aim for something simple, light, let her charms shine through, but not particular emphasized. She took a deep breath as she looked through a couple dresses. At the very least this was taking her mind off of what had occurred with Alvira. That was supposed to be an enjoyable moment, not one that saw her lose her temp-- Stop that! Focus on finding-- Tio's hand stopped on a white dress. No heavy designs, but gentle embroidery over the chest. The shoulders were left bare, but the rest of her would be covered, save for legs. "Aha..." She pulled the dress out, and showed it to Renais, "This seems to fit what I could envision you picking for yourself. What do you think?" 

The fortune teller looked up, and then looked up again to see Cinead standing there. She paused a moment. There was the dragon from last night, who'd nearly broken her table. Sleeping wasn't easy that night. Her eyes narrowed just a bit, "Are you with that mercenary group? The one that--" As she began to speak, a tall tigress approached the stand, and behind her was the lizard from earlier. "I... suppose that answers my question. In that, case, it's free of charge. But." She put her hands up, "I have a single request. This is Divination, what you see in the crystal ball is not finality; it is but a possibility on the wind. To that end, please, contain yourself. Is that alright with you?" 

She looked at Tasha, "That goes for you too. I've had enough frights in the past day or so." 

She prayed that whatever her crystal ball saw was either nothing at all, or some rosy future where she didn't have to fear for her own wellbeing. 

"Hahhh... I guess I can... I probably shouldn't be walking around town in my armor anyways. It should be safe here now..." She sighed, not finding any real reasons not to go along with Alvira's suggestion. "No other plans, besides... get dragged along by Alvira now, I guess."

She walked over to the counter briskly, trying to regain some of her usual composure, and promptly nearly tripped over her heels, still not used to the feeling of walking in them. Her blush was showing no signs of subsiding, but regardless she finished awkwardly making her way there, sighing heavily at the end. "Okay... how much for, um... the dress, and the heels?" She still felt... some kind of way about the whole thing, but it was a good way to spend time with some of the rest of the Tigers, which was something she could do with more of. After all, it'd been Alvira's idea in the first place, so might as well humor her thoroughly...

Even if it was just humouring her, or some sense of needing to do so because she'd been asked, seeing Laniva go along with this dress really brightened Alvira's spirits. "My plan, is to walk around town next to this pretty kitty, and make sure no one harasses her. Not that I think she needs protection, but honestly, who wouldn't wanna hit on her, looking like that?" Even I'm tempted, but, I have Tasha, and she was pretty against the idea earlier, so I'll let sleeping cats lie. She gave Gean a small wave and followed Lani to the counter, all smiles, nudging her with her elbow a little. "Where should I drag you to next, then~? Food? You need a new sword? More clothes~?" Despite the humans showing up and Tio's revelation, Lani's little dress reveal and everything associated had managed to get her perked up. Enough to manage to enjoy the rest of her day... She could focus on what this light magic meant later, when she had time to be alone and think.

"Ah, Commander Natalya. I. Didn't expect to run into you here. Oh, right, I promised I would pass on the message, if anyone in our group is looking for magic items, the magic store has a good selection and the people running it are quite nice. Worth a visit for sure if anyone needs more tomes." He didn't explain why he'd been at the shop. He used magic, even if it wasn't tome magic, so hopefully the commander wouldn't make that connection and question more. It wasn't really a problem if she found out, but the fewer people who knew, the less likely it was that Renais would find out before he gave her the tome.

His attention was pulled back to the fortune teller who offered a free fortune, but with the warning that he might not like what he saw. He gave a small shrug in response to her warning, adding, "Well, from what I know about my future, I don't expect much in the way of an easy life, so danger and the like is to be expected. I promise I will not hold anything you see against you though. Thank you for the warning and for it being free."

"Well if it's the two of you I'm more worried someone's gonna faint from how pretty you guys are." Gean gave a laugh and waved back to Vira as she joined Lani. Turning back to Miria her smile remained. "Well, I think we've spent a large amount of time here. Why don't we gather the group together, pay and get on with the rest of the day?"

Renais' eyes were firmly on Tio as she browsed through the dresses, she was eager to see her pick. But at the same time she was nervous too. 'I don't think she'd pick anything too flashy...right?' Her eyes turned to the floor as she let her thoughts wander. 'Mm...if it shows too much skin then...oh my. That might not be a good idea. Maybe I should-' But it was too late to change her mind now. Tio had made her choice, and it was presented before the pinkette. "Ah?" She viewed the dress in her hands, and her eyes widened a little bit. "Oh...it looks cute." She looked back at Tio with a smile and took it off her hands. "I'll go put it on right now!" With the white garment in her arms she ran off to the changing room with an eager look on her face.

Nyx muttered something under her breath, but before she could snark back at her sassy lost child, her eyes fell upon… something interesting. It was a black, two-piece suit, which, surprisingly, seemed to be sized for a woman - even one as well built as Nyx was. She thought about it, long and hard, and shrugged, grabbing it from its’ place and strutting into the changing room.

Honestly, Nyx was never big on dresses anyways. Hell, she wasn’t even much for dressing up in any facet. But maybe getting this suit would feel a little better, even as she found it a little snug in the chest. Ah, she can leave a button or two undone, it’s fine.

”Well, shit, if yer all grabbin’ fancy clothes, might as well grab somethin’ fer me ‘fore we go.” Nyx said as she came back out of the changing room, clad in the suit with her usual dark shirt underneath - gotta keep something a little comfier on, after all!

So the plan was to leave. Well, they were there for a bit. Actually... "Oh, then wait! One second! I gotta get a thing!" Miria fled the scene back to were they were at, looking at dresses.

She return after about a minute or so, holding the dress she found, it's color and decoration looking like the night sky. "I wanted this one. It's really pretty. And... you never know when I need to look... p-pretty for something important."

The fortune teller relaxed a little with Cinead's understanding. She waved her hands over the ball, "Then come... come gaze with me." She really hoped that this would be a simple fortune, but if this group's luck held... 

An image appeared in the crystal, and it was... another dragon. Similar in stature to Cinead himself, but his scales were more pronounced. He had both a tail, and wings; the man was a full dragon as compared to Cin's half. But he also had a warm smile as he offered a hand. Then he moved aside to show other dragons, all with the similar distinguishing colors. If not a family, they were all very close. And glad to see Cinead.

"A reunion... how touching. They seem to have been waiting for you. And perhaps, you for them?"

Then there was a shift. A second image began to play. A door swings open and the room where the reunion had played out was in flames. Charred remains littered the room, but there was no mistaking their draconic features. Towards the back of the room amidst the flames was a long, red haired man, dressed in white and pink. He turned and looked back, confusion appearing on his face as his eyes met Cinead's. For a moment, his lips moved. Unlike the Lizard's before it, what he said was unmistakable. 'Who are... you?' Before the flames circled about him, and the image disappeared.

It looked like the group's clothing shopping was coming to a close. More than a few of them seemed to be preparing to get ready to pay, with others still trying things on. The older gentlemen smiled at them fawning over the flustered cat, "It looks like someone has quite the eye. For the dress, and the heels..." The man paused for a moment, and then waved his hand. "Your friend has paid me more than enough. You can pay her back some, but as far as I'm concerned; you've paid. Least I can do for a Kanseian knight, and her friend." 

Celes walked over, "Oh? She's Kanseian? Haha, a small world. Ah... it reminds me of past times." She covered her mouth and then chuckled. "I'll talk your ear off if I get started, and it seems like you have things to do." She looked at the older man, "Alastor, you should probably get ready for the rest of them; they seem about the ready."

"That I should. The two of you enjoy your time in Eibar." 

Renais's face lit up upon seeing the dress, and quickly hurried off to go try it on. Tio's smile slowly melted off of her face. She was enjoying spending time with Renais, and the other Tigers. But, Alvira had just completely thrown her off balance. At least Alvira seemed to have gotten back in the swing of things. She could be glad for the others, and play her part.

But Alvira brought her right back to the matter of Solara, and Alvira's family. That matter was going to be two letters; one carefully crafted, and one where she could be much, much more annoyed. Solara might have been the most prestigious magic school in the alliance, but precisely because of that, it was also rife with elitism. Many of the faculty lived when Glacies was like the rest of the alliance, and old habits died hard.

People were entitled to their thoughts, but to not even test Alvira properly... Solara hadn't much improved since she was there as a student. The strides that Glacies had made always had a blemish somewhere. It was both heartbreaking and infuriating, and doubly so because of the worry about Alvira's family. It was always that. Always a bunch of a know-it-all-- Tio paused, she felt herself getting riled again. She already lost it once, this would be worse if she let it. Oh that letter is going to be long... She sighed, this day felt like it was so much longer than it actually was. And it wasn't going to be over just yet; she still had to find Cinead, and then explain things regarding their travel. 

"I need ice cream... and Elisa." 

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

Glancing to make sure neither Aly or Commander Natalya were watching, Cinaed edged a little bit closer to the crystal ball to block off the vision from the two. He watched as a figure slowly resolved, one he instantly recognized. The gold and black scales alone would have been enough,  but everything else matched the description he had heard over and over again. "Grandfather..." The word slipped out before he could stop it, hand reaching out to vision before he caught himself. More dragons came into view, all different colors, but all sharing those same sparkling golden scales scattered throughout. A sad smile crept onto his face as he watched his family beckon him in, want to wrap him up in a hug, be together.

And then it changed. Dead bodies, his ancestors, it had to be. The flames scorched their bodies, but he knew. He knew. And then he saw the red headed man. They locked eyes, and for a brief second, Cinaed could have sworn that the man could really see him. Knew his face. My name is Cinaed. He mouthed the words, not sure why. Was that man an Islexian? One of those who had killed his family? And then the vision ended. He looked up at the fortune teller, trying to find the words to reassure her that he wouldn't get upset, but he couldn't find them, as they got stuck in his throat. He swallowed once, twice, then finally was able to calmly say, "I think you've gained a new skill possibly. It seems that you've shown me my family's past instead of my future. Well, that or the afterlife. A reunion with them, well. It's impossible, I'm afraid. Thank you for it though. I'd never. I appreciate what you've shown me." I'll need to remember that man's face. Perhaps he is where I can find vengeance, or at least peace for my family.

"Past times...?" She cocked her head a little, quizzically. She was almost inclined to ask more, but the two of them seemed intent to focus on the rest of the group. "...I see. Well, um, thank you very much then... Maybe we can talk about that another time."

Alvira had already paid for her clothes, apparently. Well, that made agreeing to go along with her that much easier... it was the least she could do, though after their shopping if she had left over perhaps she'd pay her back properly some as well. "Um... thanks, Gean... we can do some more shopping, if that's what you want, Alvira. I could use a new sword, the one I have now is already starting to wear out..." 

She'd left out responding to Alvira's comments about defending her... she didn't really even know where to start with that.

"Sure! I wanna stop by the magic shop... I don't think I'll need to buy any tomes of anything, but if they have anything interesting, I could use the browsing." Alvira was all ready to go... Almost. She'd noticed how downtrodden Tio seemed now and felt rather responsible for it. Doing a quick double take between Lani and the Evoker, Alvira quickly rushed over to her, glad that she was free of Renais for the moment.

"Hey... I... Mnhnn. You're not... Like the rest of, Glacies. It's... It's really clear to me that you do, care, s-so... So I'm really, sorry. Sorry for taking those feelings, out on you. I should've given you the chance... And... A-And I'll try to be, nicer, going forward." She gave the woman a tiny bow with her words, running back over to Lani and grabbing her hand. "Okay, bye! Have fun with your shopping!" Out the door she went, cat in tow, blush forming on her face. She was growing very attached to this group, warts and all.

It didn't take long-- Eibar wasn't large --for her to find the only real magic shop in town, slowly pushing into it, having let go of Lani's hand once they'd exited the clothing shop. "Hello...? You're open, right?" It seemed open. Hopefully they had some knickknack she could purchase that wouldn't cost her too much. She'd made a rather large sum of gold from Eibar and she wanted to save it for her siblings as best as she could.

"If that's what you want, then let's buy it. I'm done anyways, so all we need is Rene and then we're off." Miria seemed to like the outfit, even if she wasn't confident about it. Cue Nyx returning with... "Woah look at you tall dark and ready to take on the town~. I think you work this better than the outfit from earlier." The sleek black suit and open top definitely exuded an aura she hadn't seen in the older woman before. Almost like she was a mob boss, not to say Nyx was. Or had been. Gean chose not to pry into her past. Only take in what Nyx chose to tell her, and take any drunken ramblings as half truths. "If you get anything I definitely recommend getting this. All you're missing is a fine brandy to complete the look." There was no teasing in Gean's words. Just honest truth.

Well, that was certainly… a reaction from Gean. Honestly, Nyx hadn’t expected it to be such a big hit, but taking it in at the large mirror she had access to, she could definitely see the appeal. Maybe the suit was an even better idea than she thought!

”Well, shit, if yer givin’ me that kinda endorsement, who’m I t’shoot it down?” Nyx grinned as she strutted over, ruffling Gean’s hair. It was a nice feeling, really - maybe she’d have to make this a more permanent fit. Nothing like kicking ass in a sharp suit. “Aight, s’pose I gotta pay fer our shit, then we can get outta here, aye?”

Speaking of, Nyx then turned her attention to the counter, putting the shorts and long boots she’d grabbed earlier on the counter. “So, these, th’ suit, an’ the fit Gean over there’s got on.” She said to the man at the counter, sticking a thumb back in Gean’s direction as she mentioned the seafolk. Turning back to the others -mostly Rennie & Moonie - Nyx shouted, “Oi, if ye wanna get goin’ soon, ye best come n’ join me up ‘ere. M’only payin fer me n’ Gean, the rest of ye gotta shell fer yeselves!”

"So wait, you're telling me that he didn't tell you what he was up to?" Syndra then proceeded to bury her head in her hands. "Great, I got pissed off at the two of you for nothing in the end. I figured he would've done that at least, the three of you work together don't you? Although my only interactions with Ingverd have been him showing off or slagging off the people I work with so perhaps he's just another arrogant twat who just cares about only himself. Of course, that's only me thinking that probably."

Syndra sighed, and then continued. "Most of my life I've been in the position of having to clean up the messes of people who should be able to know better, instead they get themselves into trouble and wave it all of with a smile and throwing money at it. My brother Jalen, he's an exceptional duelist, incredibly talented with sword and spear, but he's immensely arrogant and prideful, like he can do no wrong; but me and my other brother have spent more then our fair share of time and effort bailing him out because he's too lazy to do things he would consider... 'beneath him'. I just saw the worst aspects of him played out again and took it out on the other people I thought endorsed his decision, but it looks like I went off half-cocked again."

Syndra then paused to think about something. "So wait, if the two of you showing up during the fight late wasn't part of Ingverd's "game" why did you? I'd have bought the two of you just hiding in the inn as trying to stay safe, because it is our job to guard the two of you, but you showed up and exposed yourself to danger anyway."

Edited by Billy12510

"It's not exactly like that. Both Tio and myself as well as Ingverd are here on Iseria's command, but we're technically an independent party representing Glacies, while he's working directly on contract with Iseria. Hence why you should probably consider his reliability to extend only as far as it'll help in completing our mission," Elisa noted, answering Syndra's first concern as well as she could. With the explanation about her conceited troublemaker brother, Syndra's lashing out made a bit more sense, even if Ingverd definitely wasn't thinking about himself with his stunt. Or at least he could reasonably argue he wasn't.

But, that last part just made Elisa blink a couple times. Syndra had already acknowledged the Evokers' strength earlier, so the notion of them being in any sort of danger while wide awake was, if not outright humorous, a misjudgment. "I did say Tio's difficult to get up that early. She's just a very heavy sleeper, so it took a moment to get her dressed and ready to go. Besides, I think anything that points sharp objects at either me or Tio is in much more danger than we would be, aside from a surrounded ambush at night or something like that."

"We don't have that many tome casters, but it's appreciated. I'd guess Syndra wouldn't mind having a look." Cinaed's message over with, the tiger's attention was on the fortune teller, who seemed a bit wound up, but Natalya just nodded to her terms. It wasn't her place to pry into whatever the big man would see in his fortune, so she simply turned away, looking to Aly. "What do you think I might see? I feel like I've had a pretty stable life, so probably no closet skeletons. Worst I could think of is a presage of us failing our mission in a bloody heap." A bit grim to think about, but that was just a realistic possibility. Mercenary work wasn't a safe job to begin with, and this was by far the most difficult assignment they'd gotten, enough that a hostile army might be involved after they'd cross the next border.

Syndra tried to hide her chuckle at Elisa's response "I'll assume she's aware our foes won't care how late she sleeps in. Still, even with how strong you are it isn't wise to simply rest on that. I had it from several different sources the mercenary leader we took out today had connections with Hecatia's criminal underground, and it's likely they'll send some measure of force after us in retaliation against us. And they aren't the sort to play fair. In fact..." Syndra's thoughts trailed off again, this time towards home. "They're probably a better test for how we'd react to underhanded tactics then the Crows could've ever hoped to be. Because Islexia will be just as hostile and corrupt as they are, especially towards our group."

Anything beyond that I can't tell you, but I've kept Natalya in the dark for too long, I need to find her. "I need to go find my commander now, she needs to be informed of that as well." As she turned to leave, she left one last comment. "Don't tell Tiora I've apologized to her, I'll find her and do that myself. And so we're clear,  you've bought our services, not our respect, but I will always do the job that is asked of me, and I will always do what I have to protect myself and the Iron Tigers. My respect is easily earned, as long as you see me and the Tigers as people and not tools to be used and thrown away; Do that and I'll fall in line."

After a few moments, Renais had finished slipping into the new dress. She stared at the mirror for a moment with a small blush across her cheeks. 'Mm...well I can't avoid attention in this now. Maybe this was a bad idea...' She reached for a sleeve. '...but this WAS picked out by Tio and...well I can't be afraid to show myself anymore. I have to get out there.' She lowered her hand as soon as she resolved herself, and with a quiet sigh she turned to walk out of the changing stall.

The pinkette stepped to her companions and showed off her new look. Tio knew how to pick dresses that complimented people alright! Renais looked very good in the outfit. She filled it out in all the right places but still looked conservative enough. The small blush from before only got bigger as she looked to the side. The confident girl defending Miria earlier was back in her shell again and replaced by her passive persona. "Well, it feels very nice...what do you all think?"

Gean's eyes grew wide and her voice caught in her throat. She new that Renais was soft of the eyes, but she was always in her cloak before, and even earlier today she just wore a regular uniform. This new dress however, something about it on her just highlighted everything. It was like a flower in the light of a window. It was similar to seeing Lani earlier, but maybe it was the fact that Renais talked to her earlier that things were different for Gean. "Uh yeah... You look wonderful." The last few words kinda fell out of Gean's slightly open mouth.

The teller looked at Cinead in confusion. Less at his remarkable calm response, and more at what he said. She opened her mouth to retort, and then stopped herself as she saw his eyes. There wasn't a hint of doubt in them. He absolutely believed that he'd never see the people in the vision. 

She shook her head, "...I would not be too sure. Our world is full of surprises. This may yet be one of them." She smiled at Cinead, "While I would be overjoyed at the prospect of seeing your past... I am incapable of such. It also appears that you've never met who you saw in the vision. My divination can only see through the eyes of the one before me. Divination is inexact, and fraught with possible contradictions, I should say. So whether you choose to believe or not is your own decision, as it is your own decisions that can change the course of what is seen." 

She waved him on, "I wish you luck." 

Tio flinched a little as she heard Alvira's voice. She must have spaced out to not noticed that the dragon had approached her. More surprising was that she apologized. She apologized for being hostile towards her. But by the time the surprise had worn off, Alvira, and Lani were out of the shop. Tio sighed, and then chuckled to herself, "...You didn't even let me say thank you." 

Around the same time, Renais walked out of the changing room, and got the reaction that Tio was hoping she'd get. There was never any doubt in Tio's mind, but the dress was perfect on Renais. Aegean seemed floored by it. An actual smile crept onto Tio's face, "Well. It looks about what I expected it would look like on a beautiful young woman. It suits you well, Renais."

Ah heck... those thoughts can wait for later. Thanks, you two. 

"Is that the one you'd like to go with, Renais?" 

Alastor looked over Nyx and Gean, "Certainly got a lot of people in today with an eye for fashion. Hmm... I believe all of that together will run you 80 gold." He quickly turned over to Miria standing behind them. He paused for a moment. Had he seen her somewhere before? She seemed familiar, but nothing was coming to him. "Ah, yes, that dress will be 30 gold, assuming there's nothing else."

Tonio spun around at Alvira's voice, "Yes, yes, wer--" He noticed Alvira's wings and tail, and his face lit up. "Wow! Another Dragon!" He had to stop himself from bouncing up and down in case it made her feel uncomfortable. That didn't stop him however from moving closer. First Cinead, and now her; both dragons were very pretty. Though this one had considerably more clothes on. Something not unlike Ri would have worn when she wasn't working at the shop, or at the arena, which wasn't often. "My name is Tonio! Oh, uh, are you looking for something in particular?" 

His Nana looked up, and saw the pair enter. Tonio was over to them in a flash. "Welcome." The greeting was slightly stilted, but there was clearly an attempt. "Feel free to ask Tonio about what you're looking for, more advanced things... you can speak with me about." 

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

Cinaed shook his head in response to the fortune teller's words. "I'm sorry, but this is truly impossible, unless there is some sort of magic... That is to say. Unless someone made clones of my entire family somehow, this future is impossible. Only my mother and I remain of my clan, the war saw to that. But I appreciate your time. Thank you for your words." With that he gave Commander Natalya and Aly a nod before heading off, hands stuffed deep into his pockets to hide their shaking. 

It was impossible, after all. If his family wasn't dead, they wouldn't have abandoned his mother like that. She would have gone home, married her first love that he and his dad weren't supposed to know about, and he would have never existed. Or at least not in the way he did now. Everything his mother had told him had reassured him that family was everything to their clan. They would not have simply abandoned her to Glacies if they were alive.

He stopped with a sigh, realizing that in all his thoughts, he had simply been aimlessly wandering through the town, fully distracted from his goal. Put it out of mind. She must have been wrong. Because if she wasn't and that other option comes true, well. Who could burn a fire dragon like that? It has to be wrong. He shook his head again, trying to clear out his thoughts before setting off again. A clothing store. That was where he needed to be, not wandering through town stuck in his own head.

Eighty, huh? Not an insignificant amount to be sure, but still nothing Nyx couldn’t stomach. She dropped the gold onto the counter and turned around, but not before ruffling Miria’s hair. She seemed so happy with that dress, and Nyx couldn’t help but share a bit of joy too.

”Awright, that’s us taken care of. Gean, yer good t’go.” Nyx called out to the seafolk, who seemed mesmerized by the sight of their little cleric in her own new clothes. Nyx couldn’t help the whistle that came from her lips at the sight, both of their cleric all gussied up and at Gean practically stunned by it.

”Maybe we shoulda gotcha somethin’ t’charm th’ lil’ cleric, aye Gean?” Nyx whispered teasingly to her erstwhile daughter, lightly nudging her as she did. “Gotta admit, Rennie, ye clean up nice. Yer gon’ make someone real happy later~”

Finally, after a few minutes, Tanya had found the sort of dress she was looking for - a long black one with a high neckline, that’d look great with a necklace. She’d wondered if Yuria would like the one she picked out for her, too - a predominantly purple-and-white number with a double layered back.

Twirling around as she strode from the change room, Tanya belatedly recalled that she’d left her coin purse back at the arena, and really hoped that the couple at the counter would be understanding if she asked them to hold onto the dresses until she could run back and retrieve her coin. It’d suck if she couldn’t get these dresses because of something like that!

Of course, it’d also suck if she couldn’t even make it back to the arena, which was looking like an increasingly risky prospect, given that all the people in the clothes store were dressed up, and evidently dressed to kill - kill her with cuteness, that is. Tanya coughed a couple times and simply stashed the dresses somewhere relatively hidden, but still readily accessible to her - she needed to slip back to the arena, and fast.

Miria was stunned. She was used to seeing Renais in her uniform, and... now she was extremely pretty. "Wow..." she spoke in her stunned trance, but shook her head to get back into focus, "You look great Renais!" Miria exclaimed with a laugh.

Going back to waiting on Nyx to finish paying, she wasn’t blind to the sudden eye she got from the clothier. Her head tilted when she saw him look her over. Then, 30 gold. "Oh! Too easy." She happily replied, trying to adjust her hold on the dress a bit, before deciding, "Give me 60 seconds," she addressed as she very carefully played her dress on top of Gean to keep it off the ground.

She busted out her gold pouch. Pulling out enough for 30 gold as she set it on the table, "Thank you sir~" then went over and took the dress back from Gean, "Thank you Gean~!"

Edited by Silver Gallade

The last thing Alvira had been expecting to have to deal with today was a child. She slowly tilted her head as the excitable boy talked about another dragon, realizing he could only, likely, mean Cinaed. Good to know he's up and about... Maybe I should see how he's doing later. With that information tucked away, Alvira's expression changed to something no other Tiger was likely to see. Laniva was getting a first hand view of Alvira's soft smile, her whole face softening, as she bent down and gently patted the boy's head.

"Yes, I'm a dragon. It's nice to meet you, Tonio. My name is Alvira... Was the other dragon you met, my friend Cinaed? How luck you are to meet two fire dragons in the same day~" She couldn't help herself from giggling a little, very much being reminded of her siblings in this moment. "I'm going to speak with her about something, but you're free to come and listen, okay? Do you know a lot about magic, Tonio?" She picked herself back up and walked past him, hoping he'd follow along and talk a little.

"And greetings to you too, ma'am... I don't need tomes to cast magic, so I'm looking for... Anything unique you might have for sale. I'm always curious about magic, so I make sure to check places when I stop in town." For once, she had the gold to make her window shopping more than just that.