[FE8] BERSERK EMBLEM [Ver 1.0]

TomLeggosaurus

This has been a project LONG in the making. Working on and off for about 3 years. I set a hard goal to release it before the end of the year, so while it's a little rushed and incomplete in places, I was determined to hit my target!!

The gameplay/chapters are all complete and playable! Though there is a bunch of other work to do (events, portraits, probably bugs etc).

Updates may be a little slow, but I'd be disappointed if I didn't get around to polishing this up some more.

I have also never posted a ROM hack before so please let me know if I'm breaking any etiquette etc.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_rv5S7pVdU60mhLUDCcGddG10JhrXIx2?usp=sharing

Important note: I have never touched this outside NORMAL difficulty. I do not know what happens if you select the others.

I'm sure things are missing or maybe I already fixed them and forgot to cross off the list, regardless, here is the list of work I am aware of.

Spoiler

TO DO
Intro sequence
Replace bad guy portraits
Change healing magic to bandages etc
More cutscene dialogue
Music

Spoiler

BUGS/PROBLEMS
Guts appears as Eirika sprite
Ch2 camera problems on cutscene
Ch4 title appears as "Zaha Woods"
Ch4 doesn't complete until you end turn after routing
Ch6 healer doesn't move
Ch7 title appears as "Adlas Plains"
Ch7 selecting formation offers unusable placement tiles
Ch7 defeating boss bugs out chapter (bolded because it hard stops the game, avoidable by not defeating him)
Ch11 Start event doesn't play well
Ch12 Final wave camera bug
Ch14 Hero & Warrior strangely weak?
Ch14 Reyes doesn't attack if not adjacent?
Ch15 Game needs to end properly

If you would like to help me in making this ROM the best it can be, please provide feedback as best you can! Weather it's about a bug, or just your personal opinion on what you think about the difficulty/item distribution/anything else, drop it here or in a DM to me wherever I can be found!

If you have interest in playing this ROM on YouTube/Twitch/elsewhere, please let me know so I can come and check it out!

Thank you so much to anyone who takes a swing on my first attempt at a ROM hack, and I'd greatly appreciate it being shared around!

Edited by TomLeggosaurus

10 minutes ago, TomLeggosaurus said:

Up to the end of the Golden Age arc, like the original anime.

Is the

Spoiler

Eclipse

a playable map? 👀

6 hours ago, joevar said:

interesting, so it will cover the trilogy movie plot more less?

might try this, though not sure if i can give meaningful feedback

Afraid I haven't seen the movies so I can't confirm or deny.

No worries my dude! Just hope it's enjoyable for you, anything you can offer me in return is a bonus!

• 4 months later...