Choose Your Legends Round 6 Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Now that I've casted my last pre-midterm results vote, this is what my ballot looks like:

Day 1: Cordelia
Day 2: Severa
Day 3: Ingrid [War Phase]
Day 4: Mia [Radiant Dawn]
Day 5: Soleil

Yes, none of these girls are the ones within striking range of winning. I just want to help ensure they all remain within the top 100.

As for my last two votes, I'll probably give them to Azura and adult Tiki depending on what the midterm results look like.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adult Tiki is on the rebound, bitches!
Femleth though, get that predictable garbage out of here. I'm changing my votes to Bernie out of spite. (And because my choice didn't even make Top 20, as expected, so I choose to cause problems on purpose.)

Chrom is completely expected.
Seliph is completely unexpected, holy shit??? He kicked Manleth down really far!

Edited by Some Jerk

Hope the final results are the same. FByleth is one I particularly want to win, adult Tiki is a great surprise, and Chrom and Seliph are a-okay with me. The ones I didn't want to see win aren't winning.

6 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Adult Tiki is on the rebound, bitches!
Femleth though, get that predictable garbage out of here. I'm changing my votes to Bernie out of spite. (And because my choice didn't even make Top 20, as expected.)

Chrom is completely expected.
Seliph is completely unexpected, holy shit??? He kicked Manleth down really far!

I'm actually not surprised to see Seliph there. When I saw him in the top 10 last year I could sense the waves that was subtly making for Jugdral fans. What I am surprised by is Touma getting into the top 20. Guess I'm not the only one who feels he and Yashiro deserve to be in the game. Though Itsuki and Tsubaka also placed high so maybe TMS just has more fans than it would appear. Since it seems Chrom is going to win, I wonder if they'd consider giving him his TMS design for an alt, either as his CYL outfit or just as a new TMS character. Splitting up the TMS characters from mirage and...uh...the people who control the mirages, would give more potential for it.

Edited by Jotari

whoa, these are some unexpected results

i'm not a Tiki fan, but it's nice for me to see that the Top 2 female characters aren't Azura and FByleth or Bernadetta

the male division... alas, Chrom was to be expected, but Seliph!? i seriously hope he can stay where he is, or even get 1st place

as for me, i still want to support Soren

Edited by Yexin

Wow here I thought there wouldn't be any surprises, but I guess people had the incentive to push for certain characters from early on. I suppose Tiki is doing fine, I was planning on maybe throwing her a vote.

Nice to see Annette hit 20th spot.

Since people want to spite 3 Houses I wonder if there will be a push for F!Corrin. I feel like Byleth is probably too high, but anything can happen.

Cast my fifth vote today! Since Dorothea is in 8th place, I’ve decided to invest my votes for the last three days into her. Funny how I’ll end up going for 3H exclusively, but Alois is my favorite and Dorothea is my second favorite, so I would really want him to get in the game and her to get a Brave alt.

Just now, Florete said:

Cool, I'll move over to FByleth to cancel you out.

Curses, foiled again!

On a more serious note though, and bare in mind this is totally a matter of opinion: the Byleths really don't do it for me. I can't comprehend the fanbase's desire for avatar characters, especially the ones with the least personality. The blandest avatar is the most viable for self-inserting, but everyone's going to have a different idea about their own self-insert, so a Brave Byleth is only going to hit the right notes for a handful of people and leave the vast majority disappointed. It just feels like the fans are throwing their votes into a sinkhole.

Just now, Some Jerk said:

Curses, foiled again!

On a more serious note though, and bare in mind this is totally a matter of opinion: the Byleths really don't do it for me. I can't comprehend the fanbase's desire for avatar characters, especially the ones with the least personality. The blandest avatar is the most viable for self-inserting, but everyone's going to have a different idea about their own self-insert, so a Brave Byleth is only going to hit the right notes for a handful of people and leave the vast majority disappointed. It just feels like the fans are throwing their votes into a sinkhole.

First of all, I respect you not lashing out at me and instead just playing along. For the record, I'm not actually going to switch, I'm going to just keep voting Awakening Anna.

I don't play male so I don't care about MByleth, but (and this is despite my overall disappointment in Three Houses as a whole) FByleth is my favorite avatar in the series and my 2nd favorite character in her game. Yeah, that's weird to some, but isn't that the case for basically any character? Personally, I can't fathom how Alfonse is reaching #10 for males; he's more dull and personality-less than the avatars to me.

5 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Curses, foiled again!

I think part of it is that since the Lords (Claude, Dimitri, Edelgard) already won, people move on to the self insert.

I mentioned Corrin being there to upset Byleth, but it's Fates, so pick another poison lol.

Yep, never doubt the power of a strong fanbase and incentive. As soon as I saw A!Tiki was Top 8 I knew she'd get a big push to get into the Top 2 if not close  to it, though I have to admit I didn't think she'd blow past even F!Byleth for the Top spot. Considering she's made it this far I have no doubt she's keeping first place, and while second place is a bit more contentious, I wouldn't be surprised if F!Byleth keeps her spot as well. As for males, Chrom is expected, but Seliph was a surprise. I figured he'd get a rally as well as he's a character many wanted a better alt for, but his overlap with Sigurd made me feel he'd just miss the Top 2 in the midterms. It seems like both groups pooled their votes together earlier then I thought, and like A!Tiki I'm pretty sure he's got his slot locked down.

In terms of the rest of the Top 20, I'm really happy to see Elincia made it. She's one of my favorite characters from the Radiance saga and I always wanted her to get higher on these pools, so I'm glad she's finally getting that push.

3 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I mentioned Corrin being there to upset Byleth, but it's Fates, so pick another poison lol.

Personally, I’m not a fan of any of the Avatars, but I would have expected people to vote for Robin more so than Corrin if they wanted to upset Byleth? I mean, Corrin gets almost universal criticism when talking about Fates’ story, whereas opinions on Robin are at least mixed (I think). I might just be biased but whatever, I won’t be upset if an Avatar wins (after all, we’ve gone five years without any of them getting Brave alts).

Hooo, these are really interesting results. Outside of Chrom being 1st I was very off with what I thought would be the top 2 males and females. I was expecting F!Byleth to be at 1st, Bernie at 2nd and M!Byleth at 2nd for the guys. I'm kinda happy about being wrong, as these results are pretty unexpected in a good way. 

Guess I'll stop going for random votes and throw the rest for A!Tiki. It'll be fun to see what kind of crazy skills she'll get as the first CYL dragon. 

As for outside of the top 2, it's surprising to see that Awakening Anna is still in the top 10. I'd have thought she'd fall off after all the Heroes Anna alts and Apotheosis Anna, but I guess people still want the Trickster outfit for her. On the guys side the only surprise is seeing Soren in the top 5, he usually tends to be around the 15~20th place, guess people really want to rally behind him as the Tellius representative for this year.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

All 1?

Wasn't there another one after the New Years? Hmm...I just checked and there isn't. It's that alt and then there's Apotheosis Anna who isn't an alt because she's from Awakening. I blame it on me being awake at 4 AM waiting for the midterm results.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Wasn't there another one after the New Years? Hmm...I just checked and there isn't. It's that alt and then there's Apotheosis Anna who isn't an alt because she's from Awakening. I blame it on me being awake at 4 AM waiting for the midterm results.

Yep, there's only been three Annas since that one New Year's -- Heroes, Heroes NY alt, and Awakening. IIRC this is been a bone of contention for Florete for ages because they don't have a 4th for gimmick clears and have to begrudgingly(?) throw Phina in as the closest thing they've got.

1 Ranulf

2 Felicia

3 Lute

4 Hilda

5 Felix

Not excited about any option at the top, might give Soren a vote and Byleth might get a vote as a potential staff unit, otherwise I might give my votes away to others.

8 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

IIRC this is been a bone of contention for Florete for ages because they don't have a 4th for gimmick clears and have to begrudgingly(?) throw Phina in as the closest thing they've got.

I'm not Fehdison.

Ryoma being the only Fate Male Royal not in Top 20 is hilarious and sad. 

Alfonse placing always confuse me.  

Oh Seliph, curse my tongue for saying I wish him and Soren wouldn't be top 2. I don't wanna switch to Felix just to push him out but also very tempting. Nonetheless Chrom is looking really dangerous with Sigurd fans possibly rallying behind Seliph even more. 

The TMS push might just get IS to release a banner finally.

So happy to see A!Tiki in 1st and Soren in 4th, way to mix things up. My 4 votes so far this year have been for Nolan, Edward, Leonardo and Jarod, but I might give those two a vote each to help them keep their placements