Choose Your Legends Round 6 Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

On 1/24/2022 at 10:41 AM, Xenomata said:

but Corrin still has more personality than the paper bag with a smily face drawn on that Byleth is!

... Byleth with a smiley face? Pretty sure the expression on F!Byleth (I haven't played as M!Byleth yet) is usually something more like 😐

Anyway, 6/7 votes to Elena! I hope nothing keeps me from voting for her tomorrow, too! I can't wait to see where she places this year! (Though, I'm a little sad that she's not competing with the top contenders yet again.)

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

.. Byleth with a smiley face? Pretty sure the expression on F!Byleth (I haven't played as M!Byleth yet) is usually something more like 😐

...hm, now that I think about it, I think the three faces of Byleth, both male and female, are that face, ☚ī¸, and 😮
And no, there's really no difference in the two Byleths faces. Really all the differences you get with Byleth is, to put it PG, if Sylvain is attracted to you (and classes I guess)

The biggest thing that would bother me about Azura getting top two in CYL after getting the Hatari alt is that back in CYL2, when Eirika got a random alt out of nowhere it basically tanked her ranking and her shot at top two. And every time Eirika got a new alt close to CYL season it gave her fans mini heart attacks. Meanwhile, Camilla gets an alt the banner right before CYL started and she makes it into top 2 that year. Azura doing the same would bother me for similar reasons.

Granted, Eirika not winning until last year benefitted her a lot as a unit, since she wouldn't have been absurdly broken otherwise, but the hypocrisy of it is rather lolworthy.

Edited by Sunwoo

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Granted, Eirika not winning until last year benefitted her a lot as a unit, since she wouldn't have been absurdly broken otherwise, but the hypocrisy of it is rather lolworthy.

I mean, she maybe wouldn't have been busted anymore, but Veronica was an extremely common meta unit back then. And BEirika's not really "absurdly broken" now, anyway, but I digress. The point is, powercreep comes for everyone.

I think what hurt Eirika the most back then isn't necessarily getting an alt right before CYL, but that said alt was the first (non-Brave) New Heroes alt at all at a time when there was still a lot of the series' cast missing and seasonals were already becoming more common. Camilla somehow dodged all that (since this situation was still pretty bad by then), but by now a lot more of the series' cast is in, seasonals are the understood way of things, and people are starting to actively want New Heroes alts.

Well my votes have gone :

Elffin

Volug

Yashiro

Elffin 

Volug

Yashiro

last vote will go to Elffin since dang it I really want him in.  As to who will be the braves going by the midterms the boys and Tiki make me happy, but I was really hopping for no 3Hs characters this year because it has gotten old after 2 years.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Meanwhile, Camilla gets an alt the banner right before CYL started and she makes it into top 2 that year. 

Not only Camilla got the Hot Spring alt in the same month as the CYL 3 votes, but also got the Adrift alt 2 month prior (November 2018).

And lets remember that Camilla was in the 1st place in the midterm results of that CYL event. In the end, Micaiah was able to take that position though.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

I think what hurt Eirika the most back then isn't necessarily getting an alt right before CYL, but that said alt was the first (non-Brave) New Heroes alt at all at a time when there was still a lot of the series' cast missing and seasonals were already becoming more common. Camilla somehow dodged all that (since this situation was still pretty bad by then), but by now a lot more of the series' cast is in, seasonals are the understood way of things, and people are starting to actively want New Heroes alts.

This is possible, yeah, but genuine question: if it had been Camilla who had gotten a hypothetical pre-CYL 2 alt back then instead of Eirika, do you think It would've affected Camilla to that degree? At one point I may have believed it to be true, but ...

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Not only Camilla got the Hot Spring alt in the same month as the CYL 3 votes, but also got the Adrift alt 2 month prior (November 2018).

And lets remember that Camilla was in the 1st place in the midterm results of that CYL event. In the end, Micaiah was able to take that position though.

I forgot about that!

53 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

This is possible, yeah, but genuine question: if it had been Camilla who had gotten a hypothetical pre-CYL 2 alt back then instead of Eirika, do you think It would've affected Camilla to that degree? At one point I may have believed it to be true, but ...

Considering it didn't, as I pointed out, no. Her fanbase was always just too large.

53 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I forgot about that!

Personally I think it would have had some impact, probably less but I'm not sure how much less. Camilla's support seems to have been more consistent than the lords - there seems to have been a large number of voters open to backing multiple different lords depending on details, so they can more easily steal votes from each other.

3 hours ago, Florete said:

@Sunwoo

I feel like difference between CYL 2 and CYL 3 is that the tone of CYL 2 was "I want this character to get an alt" whereas the tone of CYL 3 was "I want this character to get a CYL alt".

We only had 37 alts total (35 of existing characters and 2 of characters with no normal version) at the start of CYL 2's voting phase so getting any alt at all was still a big deal then.

By CYL 3, we had not only seasonal alts, but also Legendary Hero alts and non-CYL standard-pool alts (Eirika, Chrom, Olwen, Reinhardt, Hinoka, Nino, Olivia, and the Fallen Heroes and Adrift banners). I think the "this character has already had so-and-so number of alts" argument had stopped holding sway over players by then, especially when CYL alts are pretty much guaranteed to be good units.

Edited by Ice Dragon

My final ballot:

Brom (PoR) four times, Brom (RD) three times.

Hopefully he has enough votes to actually get noticed and be added to a future banner.

Final day prediction is that Chrom, Seliph, and Tiki all keep their winning positions, but Byleth gets usurped by either Bernadetta, Hilda, or Corrin. Most likely Bernadetta. Soren will jump to third place and Felix will fall to fourth.

On 1/24/2022 at 7:55 PM, GrandeRampel said:

Silly Bernie. Always. Byleth can get her chance another day.

Yeah, you’re legit. I’m supporting Silly Bernie. Byleth is far more likely to get her spot next year than Bernie

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Sunwoo

I feel like difference between CYL 2 and CYL 3 is that the tone of CYL 2 was "I want this character to get an alt" whereas the tone of CYL 3 was "I want this character to get a CYL alt".

We only had 37 alts total (35 of existing characters and 2 of characters with no normal version) at the start of CYL 2's voting phase so getting any alt at all was still a big deal then.

By CYL 3, we had not only seasonal alts, but also Legendary Hero alts and non-CYL standard-pool alts (Eirika, Chrom, Olwen, Reinhardt, Hinoka, Nino, Olivia, and the Fallen Heroes and Adrift banners). I think the "this character has already had so-and-so number of alts" argument had stopped holding sway over players by then, especially when CYL alts are pretty much guaranteed to be good units.

I think all of this is definitely true. Although I also think it's a factor that going from "zero alts in FEH" to "one alt in FEH" is probably seen as significantly more notable than going from four alts to five (or whatever Azura's at now). How many Azura fans would be bothered by that? If I was a big Azura fan, I wouldn't be. They're voting for her because they want her to (a) get a busted CYL form, (b) the pride in seeing their favourite win a high-profile annual popularity contest. Both are perfectly fine reasons, and neither is particularly impacted by her getting a form now.

As a big Dorothea fan who has most of their other favourites already as CYL winners, I threw all my votes behind Dorothea this year, even though she already has two alts (though no normal form...). Being only #8 probably makes this hopeless for this year, but oh well. I do really like Chrom and Soren too, and I might have switched to one of them except I have a hard time doing that while knowing that I might knock the other one out as a result. I do hope at least one of them gets top two on the male side.

Votes on the left are from my main account and votes on the right were from an alt account I had. I really hope we get two Awakening winners this year with Tiki and Chrom since they haven't had a CYL winner since the first one.

Spoiler

RaZ3E7g.png

My final results predictions:

Males: Chrom and Seliph will remain the winners, though they might switch spots. Chrom has a lot of support after his loss last year to boost him. After interim results, a lot of Sigurd voters jumped to Seliph to help him secure the win because one of them is better than neither and this would help Sigurd win next year, and Sigurd was already ranked 8. As a result of this, Sigurd will probably fall a few places. Felix has TH fatigue working against him and neither Seliph nor Chrom are controversial like Byleth to get people to vote him out of spite for the two on top. I actually won't be surprised if Soren jumps past Felix.

Females: Tiki and Byleth will remain the winners, and will stay in their current spots. Seeing Tiki so high only seems to have strengthened her support. Byleth and Bernadetta have both seen boosted support since day 1 and interims, but given Byleth more than doubled Bernie's votes last year, I don't see the latter overtaking the former. Both have seen spite voters trying to keep the other down and Bernadetta doesn't have the advantage Marianne did (and Lysithea somewhat) of not being in the game at all yet.

I’ll give away my last vote, first person who replies to this with a staff user/potential staff user will pick my last vote. I’m not rigid; Henry, Iago, Dedue, or Laevatein would all count, but I draw the line at friendship seals.

2 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

I’ll give away my last vote, first person who replies to this with a staff user/potential staff user will pick my last vote. I’m not rigid; Henry, Iago, Dedue, or Laevatein would all count, but I draw the line at friendship seals.

Moulder!

I was gonna say Kellam, but I fear he may not even be on the ballot (THIS IS A JOKE)

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Moulder!

I was gonna say Kellam, but I fear he may not even be on the ballot (THIS IS A JOKE)

I was one second away from replying with Kellam.

Well all the voting is over. My votes were:

• Cherche
  • Python
  • Altena
  • Annette
  • Eir
  • Leif
  • Ophelia

It was nice seeing Annette make it to the top 20 for the Women's. I already decided I was going to drop votes for Leif and Altena since I built them and like them as units.