Choose Your Legends Round 6 Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Because it's not an easy mode to properly get to/finish, so it's better to be more cautious about spoilers. Personally, I appreciate the spoiler tags for things like that.

I reckon the vast majority of people who want to get or care about getting it already have long since dones so. If you have Three Houses and the money to make yourself interested enough in Cindered Shadows, then you've probably played it. It's not actually that difficult to get, provided you want it. For difficulty of access Tellius is by far the hardest games to play at the moment in time, provided you don't want to emulate in which case New Mystery is the hardest to play for an English speaker. We're also not talking about just a spoiler tag here, it's also saying *spoiler* about something that's not obvious, which just obfuscates the actual meaning of the post.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

I reckon the vast majority of people who want to get or care about getting it already have long since dones so. If you have Three Houses and the money to make yourself interested enough in Cindered Shadows, then you've probably played it. It's not actually that difficult to get, provided you want it. For difficulty of access Tellius is by far the hardest games to play at the moment in time, provided you don't want to emulate in which case New Mystery is the hardest to play for an English speaker. We're also not talking about just a spoiler tag here, it's also saying *spoiler* about something that's not obvious, which just obfuscates the actual meaning of the post.

I have the expansion but haven't had the chance to get through it yet, and I'm sure I'm not alone, but you're missing the point: it's not a bad thing for people to be cautious with spoilersy information. It's not required, but it is considerate. If you want to know what the person meant, just ask.

19 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I have the expansion but haven't had the chance to get through it yet, and I'm sure I'm not alone, but you're missing the point: it's not a bad thing for people to be cautious with spoilersy information. It's not required, but it is considerate. If you want to know what the person meant, just ask.

I just don't see something that's two years old in a community dedicated to that very series as spoilery information. It's not like it's something that just came out last week. The Ashen Wolves and Aelfric (who is more of a spoiler and openly talks about spoiler stuff in his CYL) have been in Heroes for half a year already.

Edited by Jotari

On 2/2/2022 at 3:15 AM, XRay said:

I guess for me, I find her lack of personality appealing, since it makes her mysterious and alien in a way. She is kind of like Rei Ayanami as a kuudere, but she is actually warm and socialable, so F!Byleth is likable to me whereas I find Rei to be too detached for me to care about.

In contrast, I find Bernadetta's personality to be super offputting, even though I can somewhat relate to her. I know that her shyness is attractive to a lot of people, and a lot of people can relate to her social anxiety, but I just find how extreme she exhibits it to be offputting for me. Like if game makers dialed it back to the level of Sakura for example, I would probably find her adorable rather than feeling repulsed.

Different strokes for different folks, and I guess the dosage matters too. For me, I think F!Byleth got just the right amount of emptiness for me to find it attractive, while I do not hate Rei, I do not find her personality particularly appealing since Rei's is a bit too extreme for me.

I have the exact opposite opinion. Part of why Bernadetta is one of my favorite 3H characters, and one of the few I really like, is because of her extreme anxiety/fear of others. She’s entertaining, endearing and highly moe, hence the “must protecc” meme. On the other hand, I’m neutral about Sakura. I found 95% of her supports and dialogue bland and wish her shyness and uneasiness around people had been emphasized/exaggerated more. It doesn’t help that Sakura is in the same game as Elise and Mozu, who are much more moe and have better supports and dialogue. Ironically, I think this is the first and only time I’ve defended a 3H character over a Fates character. 😐 As a whole I love the Fates cast and I’m indifferent about the 3H cast. 

I was glad to see my prediction based on midterm results was entirely correct! I had a feeling many more people would rally around Chrom and Adult Tiki to ensure they won. I like them both, I’m neutral on Seliph and dislike Byleth, so I’m pleased by the first place winners.

The CYL results this year definitely shifted towards characters who aren’t in Heroes yet. There are several characters I want who are now in the top 200 (Scarlet, Reina,  Vaike, Gregor, Heather, Kiragi, Meg, Ricken, Shura) and some of them are very close to being in the top 100. Technically I got my wish about Shura getting in the top 200, although just barely. He placed at 200, and I somewhat regret voting for Rickard and Female Corrin, because Shura would be at 199th if I’d voted entirely for him.

Sadly, Rickard has even LESS votes than last year. I noticed many more people voted for Matthis (he skyrocketed up to 115th!) and Castor (another very unpopular Archanea character who I like, but I like Rickard far more than Castor.)

If Byleth gets a new outfit in Three hopes I could totally see them using that as the brave outfit for her.  Her base outfits are covered already with other versions of her. They could also go with dancer ensemble but I think they will probably go with with the new game outfit  or a unique new one over it.

5 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

If Byleth gets a new outfit in Three hopes I could totally see them using that as the brave outfit for her.  Her base outfits are covered already with other versions of her. They could also go with dancer ensemble but I think they will probably go with with the new game outfit  or a unique new one over it.

I'd say it's more likely they'd hold off for a future alt of Byleth based on three hopes along with the new characters from it on a banner. Although I an very curious to see how theyll handle three hopes and its OCs in cyl next year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 5:43 PM, Magenta Fantasies said:

Sadly, Rickard has even LESS votes than last year. I noticed many more people voted for Matthis (he skyrocketed up to 115th!) and Castor (another very unpopular Archanea character who I like, but I like Rickard far more than Castor.)

I think people feel motivated to vote for Matthis after seeing the rest of the early-game cavs join the game, the only ones we're missing are the pre-promotes and Matthis.

6 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I think people feel motivated to vote for Matthis after seeing the rest of the early-game cavs join the game, the only ones we're missing are the pre-promotes and Matthis.

Throwing some major shade on cavalier Hardin right there T.T

Edited by Jotari

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Throwing some major shade on cavalier Hardin right there T.T

Well, he's kinda here, as far as I'm aware, Hardin's votes (vote Cav and Emperor) are combined since CYL4. So it's a bit awkward to count him xD

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

Well, he's kinda here, as far as I'm aware, Hardin's votes (vote Cav and Emperor) are combined since CYL4. So it's a bit awkward to count him xD

Which is weird as they do have a provision for not combining votes if "The character has undergone a significant personality change to the extent that they are not the same character," which sounds like a provision tailor made for Hardin. No other character fits that criteria that doesn't also fit the "Significant amount of time has passed' or "Is using a disguise" criteria too. Yet they do combine Hardin's votes.

23 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Which is weird as they do have a provision for not combining votes if "The character has undergone a significant personality change to the extent that they are not the same character," which sounds like a provision tailor made for Hardin. No other character fits that criteria that doesn't also fit the "Significant amount of time has passed' or "Is using a disguise" criteria too. Yet they do combine Hardin's votes.

I imagine that clausule mostly exists for the cases of Robin/Grima, Tiki and Camus, which are very iconic characters in the franchises that well, they're most clear examples of the respective provisions.

Funny enough, it seems IS originally intented to count Hardin like Grima too, considering it was in CYL3 when the consolidation of votes happened; nowadays the only cases where the provision is in effect is with FE6/FE7's shared cast, Camus, Robin/Grima and Tiki. And cases of characters sharing the same name but not being the same character like Anna and Anna.

Edited by Troykv

16 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I imagine that clausule mostly exists for the cases of Robin/Grima, Tiki and Camus, which are very iconic characters in the franchises that well, they're most clear examples of the respective provisions.

But my point is that Robin/Grima and Camus use different names, meaning they're already exempt from being counted together. And Tiki definitely fits the clause of time passing given she has two thousand years of time difference. So a clause about personality isn't needed as it already covers them. I guess you could say different personalities are in effect for the other Tiki, that being TMS Tiki and the Mirages which are all counted separately, but they're also all kind of different characters with the same name to begin with.

16 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Funny enough, it seems IS originally intented to count Hardin like Grima too, considering it was in CYL3 when the consolidation of votes happened; nowadays the only cases where the provision is in effect is with FE6/FE7's shared cast, Camus, Robin/Grima and Tiki. And cases of characters sharing the same name but not being the same character like Anna and Anna.

Well Eyvel and Briggid are counted separately too, though, again, different personality clause doesn't affect her as she already fits the different name clause. I also haven't checked for them in the results, but as far as the voting goes, they don't actually say Devdan and Danved's votes are counted. Every single other Tellius character that appears in both games says their votes will be combined, but not Devdan and Danved. They actually had to go to effort to not paste the banner onto him. Renning and Zelgius are also not combined.

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

But my point is that Robin/Grima and Camus use different names, meaning they're already exempt from being counted together. And Tiki definitely fits the clause of time passing given she has two thousand years of time difference. So a clause about personality isn't needed as it already covers them. I guess you could say different personalities are in effect for the other Tiki, that being TMS Tiki and the Mirages which are all counted separately, but they're also all kind of different characters with the same name to begin with.

Well Eyvel and Briggid are counted separately too, though, again, different personality clause doesn't affect her as she already fits the different name clause. I also haven't checked for them in the results, but as far as the voting goes, they don't actually say Devdan and Danved's votes are counted. Every single other Tellius character that appears in both games says their votes will be combined, but not Devdan and Danved. They actually had to go to effort to not paste the banner onto him. Renning and Zelgius are also not combined.

I guess they decide to just ignore their alternative personalities thing, and it just reminds there as a leftover text. 

About Devdan/Danved, they're indeed separated, probably the same clause that applies with Eyvel, Renning and Zelgius is going into effect