Choose Your Legends Round 6 Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Awakening Tiki is a legit surprise. I thought people just forgot Tiki was an adult now with how many TinyTiki alts we have compared to BigTiki alts, especially since her one alt isn't even a dragonstone user. 

Seliph, if he wins a slot, will be an interesting alt to see. To this day I don't know a lot about Jugdral, so I have no idea where they could possibly pull an alt outfit from.

Chrom exists. I know he's pretty popular overall, and that's okay.

...oh... so does Byleth... um yep she certainly indeed does exist... um... yep. They wouldn't try to pull that dancer crap with us again, would they...?

So... yeah about the only issue I have here is Byleth. Hey, I know she's a wet blanket of an Avatar, but Corrin still has more personality than the paper bag with a smily face drawn on that Byleth is! Plus we still only have one version of the Yato...

They could use the strangely Samurai looking design that Awakening gave him.

Seliph (Character) - Giant Bomb

Hell even without Bravw Heroes they could just use that for one of those Hoshidon festival seasonals. Seliph Ryoma Harmonic?

31 minutes ago, Jotari said:

They could use the strangely Samurai looking design that Awakening gave him.

It looks strangely samurai because that’s just the design Swordmasters had in Awakening and DLC Seliph was specifically a Swordmaster.

Remember, Awakening had Chon’sin which was basically proto-Hoshido.

another day, another vote for Soren

one thing got me wondering, though... why is Azura's placement so high if she literally just got an alt?
including her OG version, we now have 6 different Azuras: isn't that already enough?

oh, yeah, i forgot about Camilla, my bad

Edited by Yexin

Penultimate vote cast! It’s Dorothea for the second time now. At this point, I doubt she’ll surpass the six girls above her (not counting Tiki, whom I would very much love to see winning), but I’m content with investing three votes into her.

4 minutes ago, Yexin said:

another day, another vote for Soren

one thing got me wondering, though... why is Azura's placement so high if she literally just got an alt?
including her OG version, we now have 6 different Azuras: isn't that already enough?

People probably don't consider her recent presence to be overexposure. She got five versions in the first two years but then a full three years before the sixth.

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

People probably don't consider her recent presence to be overexposure. She got five versions in the first two years but then a full three years before the sixth.

assuming this is the actual reason, i can't agree with it at all, but that's probably because i don't particularly like alts in general
even i would get really pissed if they released a bunch of alts of my favorite units in a short period of time, because i probably wouldn't be able to keep up, but that's just me

i guess my brain simply works differently

Edited by Yexin

55 minutes ago, Yexin said:

At this point I don't think having a lot of alts will hurt anyone, but lacking alts will help.

I've been in a good mood and decided to take pity on two good boys doing their best. 

Ignatz always needed the help more than the other students, and I don't like the idea of him losing all his pity votes now he's already in the game. So I thought I should boost him a bit.

Also Boey. He and Mae are very lovable, have poor art and still don't have an alt. Unlike Mae Boey lacks two particular reasons to help give him votes and lets face it, he makes less of an impression than Mae. 

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

It looks strangely samurai because that’s just the design Swordmasters had in Awakening and DLC Seliph was specifically a Swordmaster.

Remember, Awakening had Chon’sin which was basically proto-Hoshido.

I suppose, they probably gave Roy a shield for the same reason. But then you also get stuff like Leif whom they didn't feel the need to make look distinctly tirckerish in his new art. Though Seliph doesn't look nearly as different to his original content as the 8 year old looking Celica they gave us (whom I'd actually still kind of want to see in Heroes to make use of Celica's Gale).

Coming to think of why did they even make Seliph a swordmaster in Awakening? Cavalry seems like the more obvious option. Because one way or the other, Samurai Seliph does look kind of weird compared to the OG Seliph. Not that I think it's particularly bad they went in that direction.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

assuming this is the actual reason, i can't agree with it at all, but that's probably because i don't particularly like alts in general
even i would get really pissed if they released a bunch of alts of my favorite units in a short period of time, because i probably wouldn't be able to keep up, but that's just me

i guess my brain simply works differently

Even if Azura were to win CYL6, it wouldn't be her getting a bunch of alts in a short period of time, it would still be only her second alt since 2018.

That said, if Heroes releasing units you want feels like a bad thing to you because it'd feel like an obligation causing more trouble than it's worth, it sounds like there's something wrong with how you're approaching the game. Not necessarily something unusual - games like this are designed to set off compulsions. But if you know that's going on, it's worth trying to find ways to let go of those obligations.

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Coming to think of why did they even make Seliph a swordmaster in Awakening? Cavalry seems like the more obvious option. Because one way or the other, Samurai Seliph does look kind of weird compared to the OG Seliph. Not that I think it's particularly bad they went in that direction.

I always assumed it was there to reflect his Isaanian upbringing. Shanan seems to have been his mentor and he was a swordmaster. Isaac in general also have a slight eastern vibe to it. And I guess the stats of a swordmaster does fit Seliph since he seems pretty petite and speedy as far as looks go. 

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Even if Azura were to win CYL6, it wouldn't be her getting a bunch of alts in a short period of time, it would still be only her second alt since 2018.

i mean it's not like i expect them to release like 3 more Azura alts in a single year, were she to manage to get a Brave version, but... i don't know, it just doesn't feel "necessary" for her to get it
if i were an Azura fan i would most likely think otherwise, but that's not the case and this is my honest opinion on the matter; still, i get why her fans want to see her getting the Brave treatment, regardless of how many alts she already got

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

That said, if Heroes releasing units you want feels like a bad thing to you because it'd feel like an obligation causing more trouble than it's worth, it sounds like there's something wrong with how you're approaching the game. Not necessarily something unusual - games like this are designed to set off compulsions. But if you know that's going on, it's worth trying to find ways to let go of those obligations.

i appreciate your concern about how i enjoy (or not enjoy) FEH, but i think i'm mature enough (some would say otherwise) to know when to let go
anyway, i think it's quite convenient that some of my favorite units are not even comparable to the likes of Azura, Lyn, Lucina, Camilla and the likes, in terms of popularity: the only alts i actively wanted were Scion Levin and Christmas Manuela, and i managed to +10 them without spending a single cent

Edited by Yexin

52 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i mean it's not like i expect them to release like 3 more Azura alts in a single year, were she to manage to get a Brave version, but... i don't know, it just doesn't feel "necessary" for her to get it
if i were an Azura fan i would most likely think otherwise, but that's not the case and this is my honest opinion on the matter; still, i get why her fans want to see her getting the Brave treatment, regardless of how many alts she already got

i appreciate your concern about how i enjoy (or not enjoy) FEH, but i think i'm mature enough (some would say otherwise) to know when to let go
anyway, i think it's quite convenient that some of my favorite units are not even comparable to the likes of Azura, Lyn, Lucina, Camilla and the likes, in terms of popularity: the only alts i actively wanted were Scion Levin and Christmas Manuela, and i managed to +10 them without spending a single cent

That makes sense. I do agree that increased saturation can make additional versions feel less necessary, but I also think there can be fun in revisiting some of the characters who got a lot of early attention after giving them enough of a break.

Also I guess Azura's newest version still doesn't feel completely real to me since I haven't been able to play Heroes since shortly before she released.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I always assumed it was there to reflect his Isaanian upbringing. Shanan seems to have been his mentor and he was a swordmaster. Isaac in general also have a slight eastern vibe to it. And I guess the stats of a swordmaster does fit Seliph since he seems pretty petite and speedy as far as looks go. 

Would be a nice theme for a seasonal of some sort. Shannan is actually a pretty dissapointingly underdeveloped character in Genealogy. Despite being one of Seliph's foster parents, I can't even remember a single scene between the two of them. They probably have some incidental talk convo, but nothing that stands out as meaningful or shows a particularly strong connection between them.

5 hours ago, Rinco said:

3 votes for Chrom, 3 votes for A!Tiki. Now I have to choose one of them for the last vote.

Who do you guys think has more of a chance of losing the 1st spot, Chrom or Tiki?

I think Chrom is in more danger than Tiki. I have seen people rallying hard for Tiki the past few days since they don't want two Three Houses characters taking the top 2 female spots so I think she is in a better position. Meanwhile the men's side has Chrom going up against Seliph, Felix and Soren so I feel he needs more support to keep his placement.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Would be a nice theme for a seasonal of some sort. Shannan is actually a pretty dissapointingly underdeveloped character in Genealogy. Despite being one of Seliph's foster parents, I can't even remember a single scene between the two of them. They probably have some incidental talk convo, but nothing that stands out as meaningful or shows a particularly strong connection between them.

Same deal with Oifaye. Its the reason why I don't really like gen 2 Lewyn all that much. Him being the sole advisor means Seliph is usually stuck having conversations with a very imporsonal character. It works for wordlbuilding, but character-wise it felt a little boring. His two dad figures around could have added a bit in that area. Especially when Julia leaves for a bit and it really is just Lewyn.

But anyway my vote today went to Siegbert. His previous rankings where low. Very very low.....like near Luke and Roderick low. So its a character that needs all the help he can get. And I only need one more till he's +10 so i'll just pretend that this vote helps bringing that copy home.

17 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Same deal with Oifaye. Its the reason why I don't really like gen 2 Lewyn all that much. Him being the sole advisor means Seliph is usually stuck having conversations with a very imporsonal character. It works for wordlbuilding, but character-wise it felt a little boring. His two dad figures around could have added a bit in that area. Especially when Julia leaves for a bit and it really is just Lewyn.

But anyway my vote today went to Siegbert. His previous rankings where low. Very very low.....like near Luke and Roderick low. So its a character that needs all the help he can get. And I only need one more till he's +10 so i'll just pretend that this vote helps bringing that copy home.

I don't even recall Julia having many scenes outside of her introduction when she is around.

It's good to see Chrom and Seliph are in the leads for the Male Division this time. I'm really surprised to see that Tiki is growing in CYL6 towards 1st Place since I don't think she gained that much attention in the previous CYL Rounds. It's so close to see that Bernadetta is on 3rd Place in the Female Division.

Edited by King Marth 64

22 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't even recall Julia having many scenes outside of her introduction when she is around.

Genealogy tended to stick to the early FE thing of keeping storyline-advancing conversations to the main lord and non-playable advisor. Which is something a remake could address!

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Genealogy tended to stick to the early FE thing of keeping storyline-advancing conversations to the main lord and non-playable advisor. Which is something a remake could address!

It didn't really. Gen II was like old school Fire Emblem, but Gen 1 actually did manage to make it's ancillary cast somewhat important to the plot. Lewyn, Claude and Quan all are significant characters. Even Deirdre feels like she's playing a large role than Julia does in Gen II. Of course even Gen 1 could stand to do it more, Quan never speaking to Eldigan is a bit weird in particular. And Gen II at least does have some Leif stuff, so it's not devoid of non lord characters, but overall Gen 1 seems like it's telling a story with more roles to play when compared to Gen II.