Choose Your Legends Round 6 Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Now that an avatar has won though, I wonder if male Byleth will be on the poll next year.

my inevitably, constantly pessimistic mind is thinking "yes, of course he will"

mmh, about what this year's CYL winners might be... i have no idea
i wouldn't take Tiki being a dragon once again for granted, although it would be cool to see what they could make with a Brave breath unit... ok this such a juicy opportunity, she'll most likely be a dragon
Chrom... either a lance cavalry if they want to go for the boring route which would be hilariously in-character, or it'd be cool to see him as a staff intantry unit with Emmeryn's dress
FByleth will most likely be an overly predictable sword unit (flier, if they feel daring) with Snow Mercurius
Seliph... again, no idea. i don't want him to be a green tome unit (a tome unit in general), but Leif's already been a bow unit twice, and one of them includes Seliph wielding a dagger... you know what? make him a beast unit. let the horse be the one who actually attacks foes

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Yexin said:

mmh, about what this year's CYL winners might be... i have no idea
i wouldn't take Tiki being a dragon once again for granted, although it would be cool to see what they could make with a Brave breath unit... ok this such a juicy opportunity, she'll most likely be a dragon
Chrom... either a lance cavalry if they want to go for the boring route which would be hilariously in-character, or it'd be cool to see him as a staff intantry unit with Emmeryn's dress
FByleth will most likely be an overly predictable sword unit (flier, if they feel daring) with Snow Mercurius
Seliph... again, no idea. i don't want him to be a green tome unit (a tome unit in general), but Leif's already been a bow unit twice, and one of them includes Seliph wielding a dagger... you know what? make him a beast unit. let the horse be the one who actually attacks foes

If IS follow the same pattern, the character from oldest title will be the sword unit, so Seliph has a really high chance to be swordie. Only CYL4 doesn't do this and it's because they are all from 3H. 

And Tiki is probably colorless Dragon since it's rare. 

As for Chrom (this is my personal desire not prediction), I've been saying this a thousands times everywhere when it comes to theorycrafting Awakening unit, but I still wanna say it: Griffon Rider. He has been armor, cavalry, and infantry, so flying would complete the movement circle.

Let's not give Seliph a sword. His only other alt is literally a red sword. He needs the color variety more than any other winner. Let him take after Deirdre for once and wield a tome or a staff.

Weapon guesses

Chrom gets an axe with Falchion style buffs, allowing the family death ball access to all colors.

Seliph gets a blue dagger magic blade type weapon

Tiki gets red dragon breath, she already dabbled in all the colors, her red versions are the most dated.

Byleth gets staff because I’m biased.

First year I've sat out the event entirely so I have no right to complain about the result, but there's nothing to complain about so that's great. I wouldn't swap out any of the winners for anyone else in the top 10.

I suppose I'll log in just to get a free Tiki. Y'all pick a nice Hero Rises unit for me too and I'll even log in twice a year. 😛

Brom managed to get rank 303rd with 253 votes, an increase from last year. Hooray! Anyway, weapon predictions for the CYL 6 winners:

-Seliph will be a lance unit, probably cavalry.
-Chrom will be an axe unit. Dare I say he's a flier?
-Byleth will be the boring sword unit.
-Tiki will be a colorless armored dragon unit.

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Let's not give Seliph a sword. His only other alt is literally a red sword. He needs the color variety more than any other winner. Let him take after Deirdre for once and wield a tome or a staff.

I could see Lance Cav. Lances are a part of Knight Lord. And not just a random unimportant one like Hector's swords. Sigurd's associated weapn in Awakening was even a lance.

After reading a little bit of what people say here, introducing a griffon model to the game would be cool, but I also like the idea of staff/tome Chrom wearing something inspired by Emmeryn (especially since Em is missing from the Valentine's lineup.) I'd like Seliph to wield a tome, too, but modeled after his siblings rather than his mom (and CERTAINLY not his dad/promoted outfit because it's too samey.) I kind of want Tiki to not be a dragon unit this time just to laugh at IS pulling another melon Crusher thing. Conversely, Byleth being a dragon unit would be interesting.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

After reading a little bit of what people say here, introducing a griffon model to the game would be cool, but I also like the idea of staff/tome Chrom wearing something inspired by Emmeryn (especially since Em is missing from the Valentine's lineup.) I'd like Seliph to wield a tome, too, but modeled after his siblings rather than his mom (and CERTAINLY not his dad/promoted outfit because it's too samey.) I kind of want Tiki to not be a dragon unit this time just to laugh at IS pulling another melon Crusher thing. Conversely, Byleth being a dragon unit would be interesting.

If they didn't already put Balthus in the game, I could dream of them giving us Byleth as the first gauntlet user. If only.

Edited by Jotari

Since we did have the results, I'm kind of wondered what outfits and colored weapon types would the four might go for before the announcement?

I did think of some:

1. Red: Chrom (Maybe still uses the Falchion) - Probably dresses up as a Exalt King Chrom from the TCG or (Red Tome) dresses up similar to like his elder sister Emmeryn, but it's a complete Male Atire similar to like Eirika dressed up looked like Ephriam.
  2. Blue: Seliph (Maybe a Lance Mount) - Probably dresses up like Sigurd
  3. Green: Tiki (I don't think she had a Green Breath in any of her Alts) - Maybe dresses up as Naga 
  4. Colorless: Byleth (Maybe a Staff Unit) - Probably dresses up like her [DLC spoiler].

47 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Since we did have the results, I'm kind of wondered what outfits and colored weapon types would the four might go for before the announcement?

I did think of some:

1. Red: Chrom (Maybe still uses the Falchion) - Probably dresses up as a Exalt King Chrom from the TCG or (Red Tome) dresses up similar to like his elder sister Emmeryn, but it's a complete Male Atire similar to like Eirika dressed up looked like Ephriam.
  2. Blue: Seliph (Maybe a Lance Mount) - Probably dresses up like Sigurd
  3. Green: Tiki (I don't think she had a Green Breath in any of her Alts) - Maybe dresses up as Naga 
  4. Colorless: Byleth (Maybe a Staff Unit) - Probably dresses up like her [DLC spoiler].

Adult Tiki's only alt is green. Though she never has had a green breath alt. I feel like they'll go colourless though, for some reason.

I don't know what DLC spoiler you're referring to. Her mother?

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

I assume so, since that's the only person I can think of who fits the bill. It would be nice to give her some representation actually, now that I think of it.

6 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I assume so, since that's the only person I can think of who fits the bill. It would be nice to give her some representation actually, now that I think of it.

Well it would be a good way of giving female Byleth something distinctly unique, so that male Byleth isn't forced off the poll for next year. Themain issue is that Sitri's designs just aren't that involved. We have a simple church outfit that looks vaguely like the Dark Mage design and a white dress which, while it would probably look good, is very basic. In other words, due to her limited appearances as a character, she doesn't have much that distinctly screams a reference. They could dress her up as Jearlt though. That would probably result in male Byleth being removed from CYL though. However, what I see as more likely would be for her to take on Rhea's design. That would give us an Archbishop Byleth which fits canonically and with the familial element, since Rhea is kind of like Byleth's grandmother...and their mother...and their daughter...and potentially even a wife. Anyway yeah, god king arch chancellor Byleth seems like the design that makes the most sense to me. Especially for female Byleth, meaning Jeralt can be left open for male Byleth

81d5nbiqbmo31.png?width=990&format=png&auto=webp&s=39173c253da80f8715648dbf55ac4bed36d2fd4e

Edited by Jotari

Man, why does 3H's in-game art have to be so hideous

I'd really like to see Seliph with a staff above all else, but I kind of doubt he will get it. We'll be lucky for him to not get fucking Tyrfing again.

I'm more interested in the lore than the weapons, so:

Infantry Great Knight Chrom using the Pedestal of Flames as a (Colorless?) Tome

Emperor of Granvalle Seliph with his dad's lance (it was just a Silver Lance but they can spruce it up)

Flying (I guess green) Dragon Tiki as Naga's Heir

Byleth as either a Swordmaster or in the Sothis Regalia with either the Snow Mercurius to complete the set, (or the Sword of Seiros since the version that won was the blue haired version it should probably be based on the Crimson Flower version.

Spoiler

In the CG if you S-Rank Jeritza, Byleth is seen wielding the Sword of Seiros)

43 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Man, why does 3H's in-game art have to be so hideous

I'd really like to see Seliph with a staff above all else, but I kind of doubt he will get it. We'll be lucky for him to not get fucking Tyrfing again.

Because they're based on Medieval European tapestries

I guess if I were to choose my designs and weapons I'd go

Chrom: Lance Cavalry using his great lord design, which we, somewhat surprisingly, don't have yet. This means more white breast plate and him carrying the Shield of Seals. Great Lord is infantry in Awakening, but they tend to like to fill out the movement options in CYL too, if I recall correctly. Though I guess thinking on it they have done two infantry units before and lance infantry is in more limited demand than lance cavalry, so I guess he could go either way.

Seliph: Sword infantry using his Awakening design. Play up his Isaachian ethnicity as we discussed earlier.

Tiki: Green Armoured Breath based off of her acent to Naga in Future Past. Which basically means just giving her a mix of her own and Naga's design.

Byleth: Colourless Flying Staff based on an Archchancellor design

5 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

since the version that won was the blue haired version it should probably be based on the Crimson Flower version.

That's actually a fair point that ruins my god king archchancellor idea for Byleth.

Edited by Jotari

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That's actually a fair point that ruins my god king archchancellor idea for Byleth.

Well, in the website it actually says both: "Byleth (female)" and "Byleth (female, enlightened)", so don't count it out yet.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, in the website it actually says both: "Byleth (female)" and "Byleth (female, enlightened)", so don't count it out yet.

Yeah, but it shows Part 1 Byleth's portrait and (as far as I remember) it says in the vote splitting explanation that which ever design has more votes is the one they'll run with.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

That would give us an Archbishop Byleth which fits canonically and with the familial element, since Rhea is kind of like Byleth's grandmother...and their mother...and their daughter...and potentially even a wife. 

Any chance we can find a way to throw sister in there, too?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like Jotari said, they display and base the unit on the one with more votes, which is blue hair here. This is why all the Three Houses winners before (sans Gatekeeper) were their War Arc versions. Notice how in CYL4 results, unlike everyone else, Bernadetta is actually shown with her Academy Arc portrait; that version got more votes that year, for some reason, and would have been the design basis the unit got had she won.

15 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Because they're based on Medieval European tapestries

And that's why I personally find them to be so cool and inspiring, honestly. It just gives me this feeling that sets off a whole other side of my creativity and enables me to find mystery in the ordinary. And, really, IS nailed that art style. It's actually really impressive, artistically speaking. (Just giving my opinion here, not directly aiming it at you so much as citing your accurate note.)

On 2/5/2022 at 10:53 PM, Jotari said:

Adult Tiki's only alt is green. Though she never has had a green breath alt. I feel like they'll go colourless though, for some reason.

I'm saying Brave Tiki probably needs Green Breath, not had any Green Weapons since the only Tiki alt that used a Green Weapon she used was an Axe in Adult Tiki's Summer Alt. We did had a Colorless Breath Tiki before, why not use Green Breath Tiki for her Brave Alt?

Also for the DLC Spoiler, it was used in the Ashen Wolves Route.

Edited by King Marth 64

37 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm saying Brave Tiki probably needs Green Breath, not had any Green Weapons since the only Tiki alt that used a Green Weapon she used was an Axe in Adult Tiki's Summer Alt. We did had a Colorless Breath Tiki before, why not use Green Breath Tiki for her Brave Alt?

Well yes, that's what I said.

37 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Also for the DLC Spoiler, it was used in the Ashen Wolves Route.

You know that still doesn't explain anything, Byleth didn't have any redesign for Ashen Wolves.

Edited by Jotari

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

You know that still doesn't explain anything, Byleth didn't have any redesign for Ashen Wolves.

That's not what I meant:

Spoiler

I was talking about her mother since she was majorly part used in the Ashen Wolves route, not redesign for the Ashen Wolves.

If they go with the Colorless Route for Legendary Byleth, she could go with the staff that her blood relative used. Also, I don't think Byleth might use the Dragon Stones since she's fully human without any Dragon Blood when she wears the clothes that resembles Sothis.

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

That's not what I meant:

Hide contents

I was talking about her mother since she was majorly part used in the Ashen Wolves route, not redesign for the Ashen Wolves.

If they go with the Colorless Route for Legendary Byleth, she could go with the staff that her blood relative used. Also, I don't think Byleth might use the Dragon Stones since she's fully human without any Dragon Blood when she wears the clothes that resembles Sothis.

Okay, well that was my first guess which I discussed on the previous page. I'm not sure why you're being so cagey with spoilers, Cindered Shadows has already been out for two years, almost as long as Three Houses itself. And it's not like acknowledging the mere existence of Sitri actually details what role she plays in it.

Edited by Jotari

21 hours ago, Jotari said:

Okay, well that was my first guess which I discussed on the previous page. I'm not sure why you're being so cagey with spoilers, Cindered Shadows has already been out for two years, almost as long as Three Houses itself. And it's not like acknowledging the mere existence of Sitri actually details what role she plays in it.

Because it's not an easy mode to properly get to/finish, so it's better to be more cautious about spoilers. Personally, I appreciate the spoiler tags for things like that.