I've been on Serenes for ten years

Jotari

Actually the anniversary was two days ago, but I forgot. But yeah, I've been here 10 years. Normally that's meant to be like an eternity in internet years, but I don't really feel like I'm part of the elderly alumni. I think there's still a lot people around here who have a few years on me. I guess that says something good about the site that people stick around for so long.

Edited by Jotari

Eh, it's fine. As someone who joined in 2009 (though lurked since 2008), I feel the same of not really feeling like I got some sense of seniority, heh.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say it's not how long you're here but the sort of mark you leave.

"I'd like to think I am a pillar of this community," said the twenty-year old man, swaying back and forth on his front porch rocking chair, reminiscing about the days gone by with people who are in their thirties, tops.

Huh. I've "only" been here for a little over five years, since May 2016. That said, while I have a decent handful of posts in 2016, I noticed a gap from November 2016 through July 2019 - over two-and-a-half years where I only had a single comment. I don't think it was so much that I'd "abandoned Fire Emblem", as it was that I was more involved on the FE Reddit community, rather than SF. So I've only been "consistently active" here since August 2019 - less than two-and-a-half years. Clearly, I can thank Three Houses for my current presence here, even if it's not my main focus anymore.

Congrats on hitting a decade, @Jotari!

My account will hit Ten next month. Though that's just the time I've been posting in the Forums. It was 2008 ish when I was first looking up the map of desert treasures in Fire Emblem GBA. And sometime inbetween I remember lurking through the Rate a Unit threads, wondering what people see in these 'weaksauce' fliers. Every time I threw florina at somebody with a steel lance, it was she getting doubled, not the other way around, and I thought the Rescue command was for literally rescuing units from a lethal Enemy Phase, not being their taxi. 

For how little I post on here (just under 400 posts), it's almost surprising I've been here for 7½ years barring a year or two of lurking prior.

Almost a decade since Awakening came out in Japan, right? Seriously who even needs Outrealms when time flies as quick as it does?

Surprisingly you only predate me by a month. I thought you've been around longer. Either way, happy 10th on SF. (Although, are any of us really happy on SF???)

If you want to know what's good about me, look at the forum guidelines. I didn't violate them very often.

(Although, are any of us really happy on SF???)

If the mods aren't, they should restrict us all to fftf.

Edited by Original Johan Liebert

I've only been commenting here since, what, late last year?  I've been lurking for years (2013?  Or was it 2014?), so I remember a fair few of you guys.  Hope that I'll still be here for a good long while.

Congratulations to you, Jotari, for surviving a decade in the Forest!

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Genuinely, yes, I am. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

Edited by Jotari

17 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

SF contributes naught to my IRL depression, it alleviates it.

I don't get caught up in nonsense debates of rage over matters of Fire Emblem. Nowadays, I spend most of my time in a FFtF topic, wherein much happiness is had. Presently I've been posting a load of screenshots from a newly released (machine) fan translation of a 2009 SRPG called Luminous Arc 3. Mostly those pertaining to a playable character implied to be possibly gay, but who definitely isn't embodying any gay stereotypes. B/c I'm sincerely curious, and thirsty.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 1/2/2022 at 4:29 AM, Jotari said:

Genuinely, yes, I am. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

Liar. This is a Fire Emblem forum, happiness is against our ethos.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:49 PM, Jotari said:

Is that English?

I understood it so it couldn't possibly be. My body rejects all things English.

It's funny how I couldn't make my 10th anniversary because they banned me like 1-2 months prior. :awesome: That means I can't say I've been here for 13 years. ) :

Edited by ♠Soul♠