Let's Play Fire Emblem - The Lonely Mirror

TheRomHackist

Hey everyone! First time making a thread on this site. I recently started a youtube channel and when I noticed that this site had a section for streams and let's plays, I figured I post one of mine here! I'm gonna be starting by playing The Lonely Mirror made by caladrius. It was recommended to me by Lorneus and Saint Rubenio so I figured I'd give it a try! Let me know what you think and if there's anything I can improve upon as I progress through the game. I'm trying to be pretty active here so I'll update the thread regularly as well as reply to any questions/comments you guys have (if there are any lol.) And with that, here's the first video

enjoy!!!

"As I run back to the carpet" "and she runs behind the wall" Truly, the cat and mouse are in their favored habitat.

Love the sneaky "damn" at the end too XP

If you want my recommendations on units, I'll post them in a spoiler box below in case you don't want to know the characters' names yet, but that's pretty much all I'll be going about and why I think you might like them. I'll separate them with units already encountered and those you've yet to see, so you can choose if you wish to see details on the current units.

Spoiler

Grant and Vergil are truly nothing to scoff at. They were god units early on to me, and kept being in my best at the end, though I've heard not everyone had that sort of experience (RNG and all that). Leah (I think it's just pronounced Lee, but I'm a native French speaker so eh, debatable) can get pretty interesting later on, but if you don't like using her, you should be fine still. I haven't used Kathryn much so I can't say a lot on her, but @Saint Rubenio said she was great if I recall correctly.

Spoiler

If you like speedy units, you're gonna love Myles, Joseph and Eamon. They do need a bit of help to become their best selves though, but they way more than make up for it. Also Joseph is amazing. Use Joseph. Roxie is one that's usually more of a one shot nuke and can fall off pretty hard with the wrong conditions. I'd say if she's not your type of unit, it's better to bench her. Also, use Joseph. Also, if you're interested in the gimmick, deploy Parvati whenever you can. If not, bench her forever. Finally, did I say use Joseph? Use Joseph.

I can't say I've watched a whole lot of LPs so I'm not the best to give recommendations on how to improve honestly.  So far so good I'd say. You make your playstyle known, you add in some quips here and there, you let the watcher experience the game with you and look at things in enough detail for most types of watchers to enjoy I'd say. Then again, I'm only one person who plays FE very, very casually, so I might be terribly mistaken in my conceptions XD And I'm kinda biased on this hack anyway, so...

Anyways, keep it up! I'm interested in seeing where you take this 😃 I'll follow the thread, but considering the immense flow of teehee, I might lose track of some updates here and there XD

Edited by Lorneus

12 hours ago, Lorneus said:

"As I run back to the carpet" "and she runs behind the wall" Truly, the cat and mouse are in their favored habitat.

Love the sneaky "damn" at the end too XP

If you want my recommendations on units, I'll post them in a spoiler box below in case you don't want to know the characters' names yet, but that's pretty much all I'll be going about and why I think you might like them. I'll separate them with units already encountered and those you've yet to see, so you can choose if you wish to see details on the current units.

Reveal hidden contents

Grant and Vergil are truly nothing to scoff at. They were god units early on to me, and kept being in my best at the end, though I've heard not everyone had that sort of experience (RNG and all that). Leah (I think it's just pronounced Lee, but I'm a native French speaker so eh, debatable) can get pretty interesting later on, but if you don't like using her, you should be fine still. I haven't used Kathryn much so I can't say a lot on her, but @Saint Rubenio said she was great if I recall correctly.

Reveal hidden contents

If you like speedy units, you're gonna love Myles, Joseph and Eamon. They do need a bit of help to become their best selves though, but they way more than make up for it. Also Joseph is amazing. Use Joseph. Roxie is one that's usually more of a one shot nuke and can fall off pretty hard with the wrong conditions. I'd say if she's not your type of unit, it's better to bench her. Also, use Joseph. Also, if you're interested in the gimmick, deploy Parvati whenever you can. If not, bench her forever. Finally, did I say use Joseph? Use Joseph.

I can't say I've watched a whole lot of LPs so I'm not the best to give recommendations on how to improve honestly.  So far so good I'd say. You make your playstyle known, you add in some quips here and there, you let the watcher experience the game with you and look at things in enough detail for most types of watchers to enjoy I'd say. Then again, I'm only one person who plays FE very, very casually, so I might be terribly mistaken in my conceptions XD And I'm kinda biased on this hack anyway, so...

Anyways, keep it up! I'm interested in seeing where you take this 😃 I'll follow the thread, but considering the immense flow of teehee, I might lose track of some updates here and there XD

Hi Lorneus! Thank you so much for commenting and watching the video, I really appreciate it! 🙂 Thank you as well for the unit recommendations and being considerate enough to post them in a spoiler box. I'll let you know right now that I don't mind knowing character names ahead of time, so feel free to post whatever you want! The only thing that I'd want to see for myself is obviously the story. I really already like Vergil!!! And although I have never really been a fan of armor knights, I couldn't have done the first couple of chapters without Grant. Leah seems just too fragile for me to use, because as you'll see as the series goes on, I sorta play Fire Emblem by the seat of my pants, I've already gotten her killed once lmao. Duh that reminds me, let me post part two right here.

As for Kathryn, I never find myself using unmounted healers for very long. As soon as I come across a mounted healer odds are I'm going to bench her for them, regardless of stats. Though it does seem as if I am going to be using Joseph! 😆

Thank you so much for the encouragement, it's hard just starting out on youtube so I really appreciate you taking the time to watch my video as well as post here. Don't worry about keeping up with the playthrough, I totally understand that not only are people very busy these days, but it just may not be everyone's cup of tea. Regardless, thanks again for posting and I hope you'll have another recommendation ready for me when I'm done this game! 😄

My pleasure!

I shall again be your commentator for tonight, Lorneus coming in with the random rambling!

First thing I'd like to note, I've noticed you complimented the music in each video. I'm fairly sure they're enhanced or remixed versions of FE8 OST. Anyways, they don't sound exactly as their youtube version does, but maybe it's just the quality on those vids that's left to be desired.

Also, I like how Vergil "scaredy cat" becomes "fearless" like 5 mins later XD

And by the gods does "by the seat of your pants" feel like an understatement XD You're gonna give me a neurotic breakdown with these reckless plays at some point XP Also, I was wondering, are you doing Ironman apart from the game over flags? Otherwise, I imagine save states wouldn't be too bad to include since anyways you'd reset the chapter otherwise, it would simply save you time. I feel like they might become useful down the line XD You play however you want to, just a thought 😃 

For units (putting in spoilers in case other people might stumble upon the chat and not want to know about these things in advance)

Spoiler

Vergil and Grant are seriously your best bet early on, especially if you plan on benching Leah and Kathryn. They should be able to hold their own until endgame, but you'll also have plenty of other options if you prefer utilizing other units later on. Use this gift from the gods well!

Hmm... if you dislike fragile units, you might be among those people like me who appreciate Benji. He's more of a defensive archer type, but can have access to horses and swords later on. He can become a powerhouse with mobility if trained enough, while surviving to almost anything. Also, some extra ranged bows are accessible to the mounted bow units, though not all of them. Wise is also probably going to benefit from your fiery antics. Or die viciously. We shall see. And for the healer thing, I'm the same, so you're probably going to love Ariel and Kathryn will say goodbye forever XD

Oh right. Since you like speedy units, you just have to use Atticus once he joins. He's on the frailer and weaker side at first, but he becomes a freaking monster later on. But then gain, if you're not the defensive type of player, I don't know what his odds of survival are XD

Lastly, perfect. Joseph is life. Though he seems very underwhelming at first, he is a must.

Also, if @Saint Rubenio ever gets to this thread, he'll probably threaten gently convince you to use a certain character he holds dearly in his heart. The character's pretty decent honestly, and we both recognize it even though we both dislike their class usually, so it might be worth a shot.

I'm happy to be helping if only a bit ^^ I haven't played a lot of hacks honestly, but wrath of the sun god seems pretty great honestly. It's the next one I'm planning on looking into, so I guess it's not much of a recommendation since I never played it, but I've heard good about it!

Lonely Mirror is pretty awesome. Hope you have fun with it!

If you want a unit suggestion... Well, Lorneus already hinted at it, but my favorite unit in this game is Kurtis. He's a pegasus knight with a big puffy beard. That's so amazing, I still can hardly believe he exists. Do give him a shot when he arrives!

Otherwise, I agree with him that you should give Atticus a chance. He looks like your average thief at a first glance, but you give him some levels and he quickly becomes a menace. I've a soft spot for Kathryn, since she grew super well in my first run. And while he's never grown well for me, Joseph is also a solid unit.

Still, don't take these as orders. This game's entire cast is fun and viable. There's plenty of great characters to explore, so go for whoever strikes your fancy!

6 hours ago, Lorneus said:

Also, if @Saint Rubenio ever gets to this thread, he'll probably threaten gently convince you to use a certain character he holds dearly in his heart.

Hey now, I'm as gentle as it gets.

6 hours ago, Lorneus said:

I'm happy to be helping if only a bit ^^ I haven't played a lot of hacks honestly, but wrath of the sun god seems pretty great honestly. It's the next one I'm planning on looking into, so I guess it's not much of a recommendation since I never played it, but I've heard good about it!

I've done three runs of Sun God's Wrath. I can say with some confidence that it is my favorite hack out of all I have played. I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, don't take these as orders. This game's entire cast is fun and viable. There's plenty of great characters to explore, so go for whoever strikes your fancy!

^

Can't stress this enough. There are units that will fall behind very hard if you don't use them, but they all feel very useable and unique. That's one of the points I prefer about this hack. 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When did I say anything different? *whistles innocuously*

22 hours ago, Lorneus said:

My pleasure!

I shall again be your commentator for tonight, Lorneus coming in with the random rambling!

First thing I'd like to note, I've noticed you complimented the music in each video. I'm fairly sure they're enhanced or remixed versions of FE8 OST. Anyways, they don't sound exactly as their youtube version does, but maybe it's just the quality on those vids that's left to be desired.

Also, I like how Vergil "scaredy cat" becomes "fearless" like 5 mins later XD

And by the gods does "by the seat of your pants" feel like an understatement XD You're gonna give me a neurotic breakdown with these reckless plays at some point XP Also, I was wondering, are you doing Ironman apart from the game over flags? Otherwise, I imagine save states wouldn't be too bad to include since anyways you'd reset the chapter otherwise, it would simply save you time. I feel like they might become useful down the line XD You play however you want to, just a thought 😃 

For units (putting in spoilers in case other people might stumble upon the chat and not want to know about these things in advance)

Reveal hidden contents

Vergil and Grant are seriously your best bet early on, especially if you plan on benching Leah and Kathryn. They should be able to hold their own until endgame, but you'll also have plenty of other options if you prefer utilizing other units later on. Use this gift from the gods well!

Hmm... if you dislike fragile units, you might be among those people like me who appreciate Benji. He's more of a defensive archer type, but can have access to horses and swords later on. He can become a powerhouse with mobility if trained enough, while surviving to almost anything. Also, some extra ranged bows are accessible to the mounted bow units, though not all of them. Wise is also probably going to benefit from your fiery antics. Or die viciously. We shall see. And for the healer thing, I'm the same, so you're probably going to love Ariel and Kathryn will say goodbye forever XD

Oh right. Since you like speedy units, you just have to use Atticus once he joins. He's on the frailer and weaker side at first, but he becomes a freaking monster later on. But then gain, if you're not the defensive type of player, I don't know what his odds of survival are XD

Lastly, perfect. Joseph is life. Though he seems very underwhelming at first, he is a must.

Also, if @Saint Rubenio ever gets to this thread, he'll probably threaten gently convince you to use a certain character he holds dearly in his heart. The character's pretty decent honestly, and we both recognize it even though we both dislike their class usually, so it might be worth a shot.

There he is! Your rambling is always welcome here! Especially when you figure out stuff that intrigues me, like thanks for letting me know that the songs that were playing are fe8 songs remixed 🙂 Sorry! I don't want to give you a neurotic breakdown haha, that's just how I've always played. Though to be fair I was unnecessarily safe for a moment in the most recent episode, speaking of here ya go!

Basically I didn't realize that the boss couldn't get to Vergil for few turns but for some reason I was playing like he could. I am not doing an Ironman run at the moment if I did I would've already failed, as you'll see with this video lmao. Though would ironman runs be something you'd be interested in seeing? I could give it a go after I finish my initial playthrough and learn all the nooks and crannies of the game before starting a proper challenge run. Save states are an interesting concept. When I first got into emulators and Fire Emblem a few years ago I didn't even realize save states were a thing! As such I never bothered to use them, though I can see the allure they have to some people. Maybe down the line like you said if I'm seriously getting my ass kicked and need them to progress or something 😆 And seriously, thank you. You say that you're happy to be helping "a bit" but it's honestly way more than just a bit. I talked about it in the video (or rather I tried to lol) but it's been a lot of fun playing through such a great hack while being able to talk with someone that is equally enthusiastic about it! Not trying to stroke your ego or anything haha, just trying to say that I'm having a lot more fun than I would've been if I was alone, so thanks again 🙂

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lonely Mirror is pretty awesome. Hope you have fun with it!

If you want a unit suggestion... Well, Lorneus already hinted at it, but my favorite unit in this game is Kurtis. He's a pegasus knight with a big puffy beard. That's so amazing, I still can hardly believe he exists. Do give him a shot when he arrives!

Otherwise, I agree with him that you should give Atticus a chance. He looks like your average thief at a first glance, but you give him some levels and he quickly becomes a menace. I've a soft spot for Kathryn, since she grew super well in my first run. And while he's never grown well for me, Joseph is also a solid unit.

I've done three runs of Sun God's Wrath. I can say with some confidence that it is my favorite hack out of all I have played. I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.

Hey Saint Rubenio, welcome to the thread! Thank you very much, I've been having a blast with it so far so I'm grateful that both you and Lorneus recommended it to me 🙂 I think I just saw Kurtis for the first time last night! I don't remember if he was a pegasus knight but I definitely saw someone with a big puffy beard lmao. A thief as a combat unit? Interesting! I don't think I've ever used a thief like that except for jaffar in fe7. Like I told Lorneus I usually always replace my grounded healer for one with a mount, Kathryn will be saving my ass until then though! As for Joseph, I hear he's a must so I don't think I have a choice in the matter 😆 Thank you both so much for the unit recommendations, like you said I'm gonna go with who strikes my fancy but it's interesting to see who peoples favorites are. And who knows, maybe I'll give someone a chance I otherwise wouldn't have because of your recommendations. Looks like I'm playing Sun God's Wrath after this one! ☀️

Haha, no worries, I was one of those grammar elitists when I was younger so I had a habit to correct people and tried to channel it differently as I grew up XP

Also, I might've been unnecessarily confusing with the "remixed" part. Basically, I think they're exactly the same songs, but the sound is clearer and cleaned from the youtube versions or something? I'm really bad with music terms and all so I'm not certain what would be best to explain it XD They probably are just used from the game files as it's a rom hack, though.

Hmmm... For the ironman run, I mean, it's as interesting as other types of runs I'd say. Don't go out of your way to do it, but if you're interested in doing one I could certainly follow it aand see which choices will have been done differently 😃 

Hahaha, I've been on emulators since I was a wee kid so save states are like part of my blood at this point XD But it's always interesting to have the true experience as well, like the game was intended to be played ^^

Well I'm having fun as well so it goes both ways 😉 I may be overly biased towards this hack however, since it's my first hack I played throughout and there's a bunch of stuff I personally like in it XP

14 hours ago, TheRomHackist said:

As for Joseph, I hear he's a must so I don't think I have a choice in the matter 😆 

Hahaha, to be honest, even the creator of the hack puts him in the top units, and it's been mentioned by multiple people who played the hack, but he also starts out fragile and not very strong, so if I didn't just like him as much as I did, he might've been shafted early on. Just see how much you appreciate him when you get to him and decide there, but just know you'll be missing out on my favorite class from this hack, as no other character can promote into that, afaik XP Though I haven't tried out every class yet and may yet be surprised by another one I'd prefer.

And now, to the episode XP

Both pronunciations are probably correct, but I think the second sounds better (the one that sounds more like lornius than lornehus I guess)

"Apparently I have to avoid Joseph at all costs. He's the worst character"

Do you feel this? These are the flames of war waking from the coals of destruction.

Your Grant is clearly a pacifist XD He don't wanna hurt nobody.

I was honestly surprised you didn't talk to poor Parvati for that long, but it was all worth it for the amazing "ThEre'S a WaR?!" moment XD

For supports, I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. Let's say you'll get the battle preparations menu eventually, and the support section in there will be abundantly clear of when they're available XD

It's interesting that you didn't kill Lahey. I'm an EXP mongering maniac, so I never left him alive and always wondered what that would do XD Actually, I took the advice from the house the other way around and thought "killing him will have bad repercussions in the future" which I never saw and always wondered what that was all about XD

Now I'm thinking of doing some swole Parvati fanart just for the heck of it. I liked that CON quip quite a bit XD

And yeah, I think by this point Leah has either become a baby unit or a total hindrance honestly XD Well, she may still be able to hold her own eventually and not be an absolute liability, but she kinda needs the first few chapters to be a decent combat unit that can survive reliably enough to not care too much about. Though FE7 does give you Nino extremely late into the game, so it's never too late to make a unit work if you really need it XP

For reinforcements, I do think this hack has quite a few of them in certain chapters, and I remember one in particular that had a huge backdoor opportunity. Usually, they can be telegraphed visually, but I don't remember too many cues about when they appear. I do think quite a few of them are checkpoint triggered however. And I think he tweaked the infinite reinforcements chapter to not be infinite, but I'm not sure anymore. Maybe it's just the exp that was tweaked or something.

Anyways, I'm excited to see next chapter and see what has changed with your decision XP Good luck!

Oh my goodness you might want to skip this next one if you were serious about the neurotic breakdown thing 😆 jk but it sure is a hectic episode, you have been warned!!!

As for an ironman run, I've never done one myself but I've been meaning to try it out! There's actually a hack I downloaded recently that seems specifically designed to play ironman style, maybe I'll give it a try after I wrap up Lonely Mirror. Ah, thanks for letting me know how to pronounce your name! I think for the majority of the time I've been pronouncing it wrong but I'll be sure to say it right from now on whenever I remember one of your comments while playing. Hahaha I'm glad you liked that Parvati moment as much as I did, she can take a sword to the head like a champ! I'm also glad you brought up Lahey because ... Well I don't want to spoil you but lets just say he does indeed make the episode interesting! I will say this though, I'm glad I didn't kill him now because like you said, you'll get to see what happens when he doesn't die. LOL SWOLE PARVATI, ARE YOU AN ARTIST? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT! You're so right about Leah because for me she has definitely fallen off, I got that one bad level up with her at the very start and she's still trying to recover from it. Oof reinforcements, sometimes those guys can be the bane of my existence, though in the most recent chapter I find they were appropriate for the context of the map. As long as they are telegraphed like you said at least a little bit then hopefully they won't throw a wrench in my plans too often. What exactly do you mean by backdoor opportunity btw? Thanks for your continued support Lorneus! Looks like your good luck got to me from the future because man that chapter was a doozy!!!

Hahaha, don't worry, I'm just exaggerating things XP More like when you see a clutch moment in a movie but you can see the solution and go "just do eeeeeet!!!"

Oh, interesting! What's the name of that hack?

haha, don't worry, I don't expect people to get it right necessarily, it's just a random name I invented for one of my Awakening avatars. And then saw in SoV that there's a backstory character named Forneus. Oof. Thought it would be fitting to use it here XP Well, I actually tend to use it everywhere since, but still XD

Ooh, I'm as excited as ever. I'll give you my thoughts once I see it.

Hahaha, I'm not much of an artist. I do draw here and there at times. I had one project at some point to draw a lot of the funny stuff that happened in my FE7 randomized playthrough. I only ended up doing one however, with some tips from an actual artist XD Let's see if I can find it back...

general florina 2.jpg

No idea how I uploaded it back then, but at least I still have the image I posted on another thread which was miraculously light enough to fit. God this attachment size limit is ridiculously small. So yeah, for context, I got to the Karel/Harken chapter, and when Karel came, he was replaced by Florina... as a General. The stark contrast with the original character was so fierce that I just had to draw it XD Princess (Priscilla) Oswin and Fair Lady (Ninian) Bartre were also favorites of mine XP Oh, and foul-mouthed (Dart) Louise was also a treat!

Yeah, some maps are particularly fierce with reinforcements, but I feel they're not really the most dangerous things in this hack. By backdoor opportunities, I meant a giant entrance at the very back of the map sided by walls which makes you go "HMMMM, I wonder if reinforcements will come through here eventually...". Overall, I think reinforcements are used effectively overall, save from maybe one or two chapters in which it makes the chapter a stark contrast in difficulty with the others.

Haha, happy to hear that. I'm about to see it now 😃

Ooooh, yeah, I forgot this chapter was the survive one. Oof. 

Haha, yeah, I'm fairly certain the queen is a recolored Selena with some added wavyness to her hair and tweaks to the outfit. There aren't that many characters you can see the Fire Emblem equivalent in design, but when you see it, it's hard to miss XD

I haven't used Brett that much tbh. I did use him more in the half support run I did, and he's pretty handy, but I just wasn't interested enough in his character at first to really use him. And he's got other issues that you'll probably get to understand as you play. I also have so many units that I loved to hell and back that my roster was always struggling for space, and the role of magic check (and amazing unit) was already taken by Joseph, soooo... Ya know XD

Hmmmmm... Are you using a non-updated version? Did you have the choice between classic and friendly? If not, I think it's not too late to switch. Some problems could however appear later. I'd suggest taking classic to ensure less bugs as it should be fairly the same thing, but there are some added features and chapters that can be quite interesting. I'm not certain if it's just a feature of the friendly version, but there were some items added in the shop I don't see in your version, so it got me curious.

Hah, I get you. Half my playtime is probably spent in those preparation menus XD

I think the elemental weapon triangle was only in the Tellius games. Maybe even only in Radiant Dawn, I've only barely played Path of Radiance. As far as I know, the rest either opts for a GBA style Light/Dark/Element triangle or nothing at all. 

Ah, checking on some info, it seems the Jugdral titles also had the anima triangle (Fire > Wind >Thunder >). They also seem to always include the trinity of magic (Light > Dark > Anima >) apart from Path of Radiance which only has the Anima Triangle. And thus the titles from 5 to 10 have magic triangles, but the others don't, and the GBA titles only employ the trinity of magic.

"I might just play the castle" says he, while his horse character has its movement extended like a worm at the end of a fishing pole. Tbf, it's Vergil, so it's not like danger is part of his name.

Book it like Parvati. You went to her teacher twice, you should have the moves, KATHRYN.

Having Leah this terribly underlevelled does make the chapter harder as well. I don't exactly remember how many units there were in the original version, but yeah, the odds are stacked against you here XD

Lol, I think it's Saint Rroob - Eh - Ni - Oh. Comes from his Spanish name I believe (Ruben) so double r for some roll action. If I'm going in over my head, Ruben can bonk me XP

"Do I wanna heal like a little bitch"... ya know, I know I said Vergil doesn't have danger as part of his name but... he ain't in his sweetest spot right now.

"Put her majesty down now" *Leah proceeds to stab her mother*

Eh, to be fair, that Vergil positioning is pretty much optimal in your situation. The AI just prefers using their axemen first it seems, which was against his favor since he could massacre them like minced meat while still taking heavy damage. You could've healed up Grant and parked him there instead too, but I feel like both options were pretty good.

Poor Brett that gets completely forgotten in the background when he could do so much work on the side XD

Yeah, the classic mode is semi notorious for the bulky enemies. The friendly version dampens down their bulkiness in general. I feel like it's kind of in your favor here though XD

"You fought Bravely, Leah" *Leah peeking out her dark corner in her mother's room*

Haha, talking about immobile, one of the units I used a lot got a bug when I transferred from classic to friendly. His growths were modified for his Res to be almost inexistent, but for some reason it was changed to his movement instead, so he became wholly immobile and I just finished up his support and teary-eyedly waved him goodbye afterwards XD

But yeah... Tarin won't be aiding you for a while.

Nah, my nerves are chilling atm. It was a clutch chapter, but it was a hard one too with the extra enemies and boss. You didn't do too many crazy plays. Brett was kinda underutilized for the assets you had, but you still managed out of it quite fine in the end. I feel like the desert and the horn chapters are going to be quite brutal though XD 

Hey sorry for the absence. I've been a little busy these last few days, but here's the next chapter for ya!

The name of the hack I mentioned is Iron Emblem, here's the thread for it! https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/94758-completed-iron-emblem-original-hack/ I love that drawing, feel free to draw swole parvati if that's still something you want to do 😆 I'm already feeling the reinforcements in this hack, but so far it hasn't been so bad. However in this new episode you will see that there is a moment having to do with reinforcements that I was not a fan of. Yeah I can already tell Brett is not a unit for me, that's why I've barely done anything with him so far. Ooooooooooooooh I've finally encountered the legendary Joseph, can't wait to see him in action! Thank you so much for bringing up the topic of the version that I was using, I brought this up in the video but even though you told me before I even started playing to make sure I had the newest version, I still somehow ended up playing an older version lmao. So I switched to the newer version as per your suggestion and transferred my save file over. It seems that there are no major issues since the transfer so lets hope it stays that way. Let me know if you would rather I skip the preparation menus, so far I feel like I've been relatively quick with them but I feel like when I get to later chapters I'll be taking a painful amount of time on them like I usually do 😆 Yeah that moment with the axe guys and Virgil was pretty crazy, I know I could've just unequipped either Virgil or Grant and blocked them all off, but I've never been a fan of playing cheesy like that. I just don't like Brett, and hey someone needed to keep the Leah company! I'm actually really liking the enemies so far, normally by now I'd have my main unit blowing past all the enemies otking them. So it's nice to see a hack that's giving me a fair challenge for a change, and on normal mode at that! Aww, that sucks that you lost a unit to transferring data, I really hope that doesn't happen to me now 😬 Looking forward to those desert and horn chapters, I hope they're a good challenge! 😄

No worries 😛 It's not like you're bound to create a video every day XD

Oooh. Yeah, looking at this hack, it's definitely not my cup of tea. Unique characters is like the most appealing aspect of Fire Emblem to me, so take them out and I'll probably be quite miffed honestly XD I did start on Sun God's wrath though and while some aspects are lackluster to me, the spritework and gameplay are top-notch. It's really interesting to see all those FE4/5 mechanics incorporated in a GBA-style game, and the classes and units so far are pretty dope!

Hmm... to be fair, it might be way worse than I make it seem. I'm not one that's usually all that bothered by reinforcements so I tend not to make high note of it. Actually, I tend to like it because I see it as extra EXP XD I mean, in my support run for LM, I depleted the entirety of one boss' weapons and grinded everyone up to lvl 20 (or until they had no possibility to use weapons anymore), using two previously known details that made it very profitable. Boosting characters is my jam!

Haha, yeah, for Brett, I was more thinking "you can have him by Vergil's side and soften up some enemies to prevent damage on Vergil" type of deal.

Most issues as far as I know are in supports and character IDs. If you get a character with 0 mov, he should enter your party as such, and not suddenly drop it mid-way through. I had issues only with like 2 characters, one which changed identity and one which had 0 mov because their res was changed in the new version. I think you should probably be completely fine with how early you were.  You didn't even have access to supports yet, so those don't really have the opportunity to be janky.

Hmm... I'm not bothered by them usually. It lets you know the planning and all. Though, if you want to curate your videos for all audiences, you could use the chapter function of youtube and design that part as the "base prep" so that people who want to watch it can and those who don't can skip it easily. I have never uploaded a video however, so I'm not sure how that works truly.

Lol, I'll never tell you to do something like that. Think about all the EXP you'll miss! I am a dirty healer/dancer trainer 15 million turns in a chapter though XD And on emu, an arena abuser as well. I like being able to use most units XP

Haha, that could definitely happen for me (and kinda did later on with MVP Joseph) but I tend to want to level up most of my units steadily, with some preference for one or two units and lords to not lose levels upon promotion.

The worst was the final desert chapter (yes, there are multiple desert chapters) which had a ton of clutch moments and extremely annoying and powerful enemies. There are a couple chapters that are a good challenge honestly.

So, on to the video now!

Haha, Yeah! Who knew the mere pronunciation of my fake name would spawn a video!

Lol, I never even noticed the headband thingy. Tbf, I kinda didn't use Leah much in my old savefile so she was kinda out the equation XD

There are definitely some animations that are worth it, and it does make a playthrough more enjoyable to watch since you can see in detail what happens, but it's up to you. I tend to fastforward animations a lot, so I can definitely not blame you for skipping them if you wish to XP

Yeah, the bubble was added. It can help quite a bit at times! 😃

Haha, seems a popular opinion on peg knights. Faith can be quite the force of nature, but you kinda need to favor her for her to do any good, tbh. A bit like Florina, in that regard, I'd say.

Don't be too concerned about taking too long. Play at your own pace.

Grant is the child of a monster and a god. Respect the Grant.

Yeah. Runeseeker is a hit/miss kinda class. You get runes, which all have abysmal uses. Their power is debatable, but a lot have up to 3 range, and can hit both Def and Res relatively reliably, so they definitely have their uses, and all have varying utility. Parvati is the only runeseeker, and she does gain new types of weaponry upon promotion, but is stuck with only runes til then. When you enter certain areas of a map with a runeseeker (probably their promotions too, not sure about that, but most likely), you will gain a rune. These are at the number of like 1-3 per map, more or less. The reason why I knew you weren't playing the updated version was because the strike rune isn't in the shop. That was an addition to help make the class more generally viable without a guide. Though they cost a LOT. She's the kind of unit you either invest a lot in or wait for her benchmark. It's a very interesting class concept though, but not the most reliable one. You'll also have other units that can promote to both her promotions, so it's not a total loss if you don't use her. I hope this'll help you decide whether you want to use her or not.

What gave it away? The ominous music? The color scheme? The fact he was on the opposing side of Joseph? The dialogue? XD

Lol, I literally paused the second before you gave the answer to this mystery XP Before, his sprite was a direct recolor of Narcian, so if you even had a shred of doubt, it was gone straight away XD The sprite here is still based on his original sprite, but it was tweaked by another artist if I recall correctly, to embellish it and make it a little farther away from Narcian 2.0

Nah, Caden is a decent archer but I haven't used him much, tbh.

So far so good! Seems it's setting up to be a Vergil/Grant solo but I'm all for it XD As long as Joseph is part of the equation.

Take care and see you next time!

Edit: Just realized I left off one of your comments in my response. I am currently working on Nomad dancer Bartre's design (based on Ninian and Nomad trooper's clothing mixed together). It's... eh, so far. I'll either drop it and go towards Parvati or try to finish it and see how I can salvage it XD

Edited by Lorneus

You are too kind thanks! Here's the new episode!

Hopefully the length of this one holds you over until the next episode. I also love unique characters in Fire Emblem, though something about the screenshots in the Iron Emblem thread just scream quality to me. Glad you're playing a new hack! I hope you have fun with it, and we'll see if you still recommend it to me when you're done! Oh... So THAT'S how you play Fire Emblem? Yeah I don't know if this is gonna work out... jk 🙂 Brett doesn't even deserve to help the mighty Virgil, as you can see in the current video I benched him even though I have plenty of character slots lmao. Ah thanks for the explanation, I don't really know how any of that save data stuff works but with you telling me this and seeing that I'm not having any problems with any glitches so far I'm pretty happy thinking I'm not going to run into anything game breaking down the line. Again with your chillness, thanks! From now on I'll take my sweet time in battle preps! Though you have a good idea there with giving people an easy way to skip it, maybe I'll consider doing that in the future if anyone has a request for it. Again just kidding about that comment I made earlier, I can respect wanting to be able to use any unit you want. Still looking forward to my first desert chapter! Yeah as I mentioned I like her headband way better than whatever the hell she's wearing in the newest version. I agree with you on animations, in fact the newest video is on the longer side because although I thought I was gonna play with animations off, my love for them must've shone through because I pretty much played with them on through most of the chapter. The bubble is definitely a good quality of life thing, if I had it earlier then maybe Parvati wouldn't have a concussion 😆 Thanks again for all your advice so far, from now on I'll try not to be as worried about the video length and just try to enjoy the experience 🙂

On 1/10/2022 at 11:09 PM, Lorneus said:

Grant is the child of a monster and a god. Respect the Grant.

Lmfao, where do you come up with this stuff? 😆 Virgil definitely pulled his weight this chapter, as did Grant. Oh god that concept sounds hilarious. And whatever you decide to draw, feel free to post either here when you're done, I hope you enjoy the new episode 🙂

Edited by TheRomHackist

Yeah, so far SGW is pretty solid! I'm already bleeding out of space for characters to add in cause I wanna add them all. The story seems to be improving on the parts I was meh about earlier on too. So far I'd still say I prefer LM personally, but it's certainly a unique hack with a lot of nice details and extremely solid gameplay. I'm still abusing savefiles like crazy though. It's also the only Fire emblem that got me really manage inventory among characters like crazy.

Hahaha, I don't tend to boss abuse very often, but I felt it was the best decision for a support run. I do arena abuse when possible like crazy though. As I said, boosting characters is my jam XD Also, LM has a total of 0 arenas, so I couldn't do that in this one XP

Hah, an early bench, huh? Well, you should be fine without him too. Especially with how stonked your Vergil and Grant are getting.

Yeah, I'm not that experienced on that front either. It's just from what I've read from the creator, it seems like the one thing that creates most issues is unit identity changes. If you haven't met those units yet, it shouldn't get bamboozled later on, afaik. It doesn't have the previous tag to change from.

Hmmm... I think the first desert chapter is still a ways ahead, but I don't really remember the chapters by heart all that much. They are rather memorable by themselves though XP

Yeah, I guess it gives her a slightly tougher look, though I imagine the portrait would also show she's a royal with the tiara. I'm kinda okay with both.

OOOH! That's why she was so confused about there being a war! She was amnesiac from being bonked on the head too hard!

Grant me some slack here, I can be both the grand or awful comedian, granted the opportunity! 

Yeah, if I get it done someday I'll post it (I tend to be really awfully slow at finishing art I start).

Alright, on to the video now!

Sadly, since I know the full story, I don't remember exactly what are spoilers or not at this point, so I'll let you read the legend back XD I do think it comes back once or twice though.

A necessity! I keep forgetting about important stuff I've done in battle preps if I don't save XD Though I systematically forget to place my units.

Hmm... for Majestra, I'm not certain. It's very possibly a Light tome animation, but I tend to overuse base weapons so powerful item animations don't always make it to my eyes XD

Seeing Leah injured right next to a Kathryn not moving that turn is something that deeply triggers me. Lol, jk. Though I must say as a heal abuser, it just seemed all sorts of wrong in my eyes XD

"swordsmaster" Dang, prepromotes coming in early there XD

Verjeigan and the pom-pom squad.

Poor Caution. Throwing them in the wind means choking on fog in this map.

9:20 (I'll try to timestamp now, so as to be less mysterious) No. You were, in fact, NOT seeing things. Because of the fog XP

16:50 You do know Vergil ain't a hindu god, as godly as he is, right? He can only use two hands, no matter how many hand-axes you provide him.

24:42 Aww, lost your chance to safely farm the chests here. An archer locked with an armor knight to whom he can do no damage is a very good thing to stall a chapter XD

25:00 and now Biscuit by Ivy Levan is in my head for the remainder of the chapter

26:50 Yup, music change means one enemy left. Can't wait to see how you deal with chests + tiny angry mage

30:29 Haha, I don't think I've ever used pure water in any FE I've done so far XD Granted, I never go out of my way to increase the difficulty, so that can explain why

32:02 Oh man, I was sure you were going to miss that recruitment. Old recruitment requirements were to go on the ruins where she spawns with anyone. If you push through, it can easily be done rather randomly, but it's a good thing he changed it to opening the chest.

32:15 Yeah, she's the glass cannon of glass cannons. If you didn't like Brett, you probably won't like her.

Nice going on this chapter! No resets despite fog of war, all recruitments and side objectives. Though I must say the discrepancy between your units' strength might make it hard to start off certain units, like Atticus. There's a lot of peeps who aren't very remarkable early on but get amazing pretty fast if you give them the chance. I'm excited to see what your roster will look like later on 😃 Have a good one!

Hey Lorneus, hope you're doing well! Here's the new one 🙂

I'm glad you're enjoying SGW, I'll definitely give it a try now that you seem to like it. Interesting how you mentioned there are 0 arenas, I just started to notice that as well as the fact that there has only been one stat boosting item, and no promotional items so far. I kind of like this scarcity of resources as Virgil is already pretty op so if he had knight's crest he wouldn't even need the pom-pom squad to cheer him on anymore 😆 BY THE WAY CAN I JUST MENTION HOW FUNNY THAT IS, LIKE I WOULD CHANGE THE TITLE OF THE THREAD TO VERJEIGAN AND THE POM-POM SQUAD IF IT WASN'T SO RIDICULOUS LMAO, BUT I AM TEMPTED TO BECAUSE IT'S SO TRUE. Grr, I still have to wait awhile before I see a desert? Oh well I hope I at least get to see Joseph in action soon! Haha you do your art at your own pace, I just thought both concepts were funny. Ah, I was thinking the Majestra animation was from some sort of light tome, thanks. Ooooooh did I forget to heal Leah? The things you miss while recording a let's play lmao. I do remember that moment though, calling a myrmidon a swordmaster just because it's easier to pronounce 😆 Oh boy timestamps! You're making me rewatch my own video haha. Ah right, I guess in that moment I had somehow forgotten that it was a fog of war map. LMAO THAT HINDU GOD COMMENT MADE ME LAUGH JUST AS MUCH AS THE POM-POM SQUAD ONE. Just you wait and see how many hand axes I'm gonna use in this playthrough, they are one of my favorite weapons after all 🙂 Yeah, that was certainly an interesting recruitment I must say, I think that's the first time I've ever gotten a unit by opening a chest. Thinking about it makes me want to make my own hack where you can recruit a unit that surprises you by popping out of a chest lol. Anyway, thanks for the nice going and for keeping up with the playthrough, enjoy the new episode and have a nice day! 🙂

The stat boosting items do come later on. I tend to hoard them like a crazy cat lady until my inventory bursts and forces me to use them, so I've seen them a lot XD

I'm pretty sure this version isn't a bitch about class items and just provides master seals, but there's still a little while before they pop in I believe.

Haha, glad you appreciate it XD Just seeing everyone in the storehouse while Vergil destroyed every enemy made that image pop in my head XP

I think Joseph comes in still a few chapters. I think something like 5 maybe?

Haha, I bet the myrmidon would've liked to be a swordsmaster when he saw the monster units in front of him.

Yeah, I tried making the scene visualizable in the comment first, but at some point my imagination just ran out so I used timestamps instead XD

Hehehe. I certainly do like hand axes as well. Though I wonder how much you'll like your decision later on. We shall see, won't we? 😏

Oh my god. If you do that in a hack one day, you have GOT to name him Jack and dress him as a jester. Jack-in-a-box would be too good!

Thanks! I'll get right to it! 😃

5:13 Yeah, that "I'll only use Vergil" quote might bite back with the mages here XD

5:22 I've seen it in SGW, but here, it's provided as a file instead. In your docs, you should have one called GrowthRates. It does show a portrait of each character too, so if you wanna go blind, you may skip it, but if you want specific growths, I can provide them to you too. Vergil has a magnificent 10% Res growth

5:58 IN THE NAME OF THE REJECTED HEADBAND, I WILL PUNISH YOU! COMBAAAAAAT TIARAAAAAA!

7:29 I never think about swapping weapons with trades, honestly. I don't know, that mechanic just doesn't want to get into my brain XD

8:30 Grant at his pacifist antics again.

9:17 I'm not sure if taking the bases prevents reinforcements in this one. I know certain titles have them just spawn next to it instead, but I never took care of checking. That said, moving units can also help to not have stragglers die behind XP

10:18 I guess at least it makes sense thinking the whole goal of the batch is to capture Leah. Dunno if it was programmed for a preference to her, but it would be cool if so.

19:07 Vergil ain't afraid of the dark anymore

24:02 Hahaha, alright then HP:80 POW:55 SKL:30 SPD:45 LCK:50 DEF:35 RES:10

24:37 She's a hidden ally of justice, captured by the vile dark mage and posing as a heinous mistress, but in truth has a heart of gold and restrains from healing her factitious allies! Or she was just distracted by Vergil's godliness and didn't want to anger him.

I'm more and more scared for Verjeigan as he zooms past everything and the echoes of his pom pom squad become quite faint at that distance, but we'll see how it develops. I doubt his resistance will get any better naturally, but he seems superstitious enough to ward himself with a dozen talismans, so you could always go that route XD

See you next time!

New episode my boi!

Oh really? Glad I won't be getting a master seal for a bit then, I'm quite enjoying destroying the game with a cavalier instead of full fledged paladin lmao. YES I DO APPRECIATE IT, IT MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD AND NOW I THINK ABOUT IT EVERY TIME I PLAY 😆 Haha no problem, I don't mind the time stamps they help me to find the moment you are talking about in case I forget. Oh boy, are there gonna be many sword users in my future? 😧 That is such a good freaking idea! Jack that jester that was crammed into a chest by the enemy king, probably got tired of all his jester jokes lol. Yeah it was in that video I noticed Virgil has been growing everything besides resistance. Leah wants to feel royal as she watches Virgil destroy the battlefield! Ooooooooh you should definitely try to get into swapping weapons the more you play! It basically makes your best units even more efficient, especially if you factor in enemy movement ranges like I try to 🙂 Lmao ikr, that whole part with the monks dodging in the forests was crazy, that's why I mentioned that if I knew they spawned there I would've moved my own units there instead so they wouldn't get that avoid advantage. That part where they went for Leah was reasonable I think, I only thought it wasn't at the time because for some reason I thought Grant was in danger of dying when he wasn't. I MENTIONED THIS IN THE VIDEO BUT YOU'RE GIVING VERGIL A CHARACTER ARC LMAO, I'M EXCITED TO SEE WHERE HE GOES FROM HERE! Thanks for getting those growth rates for me, though after what happened in the newest chapter it's hard for me to believe them 😆 Haha that troubadour did indeed not want to be there. Do not fear for the mighty Verjeigan! If the recent chapter taught me anything it's that I don't think he's going to be seriously threatened at all anytime soon, unless it's another chapter filled to the brim with magic users. But that's not gonna happen... right? 😬 See you next time too, thanks for hanging out as always! As you'll probably be able to tell from the video I am very excited for the next chapter, time to work with a new crew for awhile!

Edited by TheRomHackist

Yeah, the switch to when you should start expecting them is kinda obvious.

Hmmm... maybe there's gonna be sword users a lot? Or maybe not... I guess you'll have to discover XP

Well, Leah needs to have some symbol of command!

Yeah, I'm sorta kinda doing it in SGW, but mostly because there's so much inventory management in this game (It incorporates the Thracia mechanic of capturing enemies and trading their items). More often than not, I still forget to switch weapons though. Then again, I don't have a lot of them on me cause I need space for the capturable items (you can't send them to convoy, unless you're next to MC) and there are also scrolls in this game (items that boost your growth rates). I'm also the kind of guuy that will always stick to the lowest tier weapons unless necessary XD

Oooh, I see. Yeah, that makes sense for the forest advantage.

Hahaha, I don't remember if there are other chapters where there's this much discrepancy between magic and physical enemies, but you'll certainly encounter soome strong mages as you go on.

Alrighty then, I'll get on to the video XP

4:15 MAGIC IS EVERYTHING!

6:52 eh, I think it's quite fair. I mean, I use savestates, why would I judge for something like that? XD Anyways, if you're not using savestates, you probably just reset and thus do pretty much the exact same thing as you decided to do, but with a longer runtime beforehand.

8:20 HOW DARE YOU, CRIMINAL SCUM!? YOU SHALL NOT ESCAPE VERJEIGAN'S WRATH!!!

10:32 Unfortunately, I don't think you can see the ammo for the ballistae. Usually, it's only up to 5. Not that it mattered that much in the end XP

12:04 "now" in the next few centuries, with that EXP gain XP

14:34 An army of Vergils... now that's a scary thought.

21:28 Lol. Myrrh-me-don, as in "I don the myrrh". Either they're englued in tree sap or they stroll around with a baby dragon on their back. Or both. They also have some grammar difficulties. Unable to take the books, they took the sword to prove their point. Maybe this'll be memorable enough XP Cause as busted as he is, I don't think Vergil would want to meet swordsmasters right now XD

21:49 Yeah, seems about right

22:17 pffft. Fell off, more like benched in the snow. Your loss for not using one of the greatest armor knights in existence.

24:03 Well, I'll grab some water, sure, but it's like 5 cm next to me so that's not the longest intermission I've seen XP

24:44 "Pick a god and pray"  - Verdrick the faithless, 2022

25:08 Lord of the Dance, Vergil edition

25:35 A lance user against a sword user? What a calamity!

26:42 Vergil regained his Faith

28:28 Too late, the pyramid has already fallen. It had Vergil lose confidence and get hit by a longsword. Thankfully, as he regained Faith, Kathryn was able to heal him with the power of prayer after a while

29:34 Lol. I downloaded the editor, though it's riddled with errors I have no clue on how to fix. I migth get to it someday, but I didn,t have any clear idea of what I wanted to do so far, so I'm leaving it behind for now.

32:39 I don't think so. I'm not sure if the personal growths are alone or if they're paired with class growths though. That maybe could be a thing. I do find levels tend to give way more stats than they should in general.

Yeah, the preludes are interesting chapters! They recontextualize some stuff and allow you to boost different units to have a more balanced team later on.The white lions have pretty good units too! Caspian and Boone are more like jack of all trades. They'll not necessarily max out anything, but they'll get generally good stats everywhere, except maybe res. Winifred is miss critical for me. I think it's only due to the sniper class though. She had like 30% crit rate on an iron bow. Travis has a very interesting promotion path, but I have yet to use him enough to give a good impression on him. Though through the run I've used him, I always feel he's a bit on the weaker side. Definitely not a Vergil. You'll also get two of the best units in the game in those preludes, and a pretty intense chapter. I'm excited to see how you'll tackle the one I'm thinking about XP

Heyooooooooooo here it is!

I hope you've been well Lorneus 🙂 I've never played Thracia before so that concept of capturing enemies sounds very interesting to me! Actually in a roundabout sort of way you can see ballista ammo, I can't give you an exact timestamp atm because I'm at work (which is also why I have to make this a quick reply, sorry!) but if you click on an archer to check their movement range while they're on a ballista, it will show their damage range with that ballista, thus showing if there is any ammo remaining. I'm looking forward to playing more of the prelude! Thanks so much for the reply and for keeping up with my playthrough as always, I should have some more free time soon so next time I promise to give you a longer reply! Until then see ya next time!

Oh, yeah, I know you can see when they actually deplete their ammo, but it doesn't help much with preparations XD You kinda just have to sit there waiting for it to be depleted, not knowing if you'll spend all day of like 2 minutes XD I'm not certain of that information, but I think Thracia Ballistae had like 20 ammo. Hicks spent so much time depleting these absurd amounts of ballistae XD

You might enjoy Thracia, but it is known for its higher difficulty and unfair moves if you're not prepared in advance. It does have very interesting mechanics though, which does make it a kinda polemizing game. It is the only actual FE to have the in-map capture mechanic, which drops your stats to try and capture a weakened enemy, hobbling them around like a rescued friend, until you deplete them of their items and drop them away (which is taken into account for shops and the like), the fatigue mechanic which has units that battle a lot be too tired to fight in the next one unless you provide them a specific item, and then can come back once rested and the scroll mechanic, to boost growth rates to your pleasing. It's also the only one to have the "lol you abandoned your army like an entitled brat" mechanic, which was not welcome in my run and had me redo a big part of a chapter because of save forgetfulness, but apparently, a better translation makes that possibility less egregious.

On to the video then!

1:18 Yeah, all the white lions are pretty good units in general, and Boone is a preeeeetty good bet indeed 😃

3:40 It's fine. I never calculate. That's how I get in terrible situations usually XP

4:40 Caspian the friendly ghost

5:06 Seeing these unique weapons getting used so much early on breaks my over-item-saver heart. Seriously, I constantly manage too break inventory limit in FE XD

7:25 Yeah, Winifred rules

13:41 Yeah, Boone is a tanky boi. But at least in my run, he could handle waves of enemies by himself pretty fine, so it's not a bad thing, especially since he does get powerful.

13:49 His spd growth isn't amazing, but his def either actually. I'm thinking more and more there are some added growths on top of these. 

HP 80 POW 55 SKL 45 SPD 40 LCK 45 DEF 40 RES 20

19:23 A wise decision

21:59 Knocked out... with a shiv? =D

Cool vid ^^ Some of the coming chapters are pretty harsh, I must say, but you're doing quite good. It's mostly the lack of availability of certain units and the sorta need to use everyone that might be a hurdle here, but I'm excited to see how you handle these types of chapters! And don't worry for the short response, everyone has their own life, and I understand you don't always have time XP It's already appreciated you went out of your way to post it tonight. Don't push yourself too hard and have a good one!

Episode 10, here it is!

Oh my bad about the ballista thing, speed reading your message last time left me to misunderstand what you meant 🙃 Thracia sounds more interesting the more you describe it, I want to play it! FIRST VERJEIGAN NOW CASPIAN THE FRIENDLY GHOST HAHA, I LOVE IT! I used to play games like that too when I was a little kid, took me so long to realize that if a game gives you gives you good stuff you should use it! I don't want to spoil anything but I am very happy with the level ups Boone got in this play session, he's on his way to becoming Verjeigan 2! Haha thanks, yeah even if I didn't go to the houses I probably would've let him go anyway, I could tell that man was just all about the beer 😆 Ikr! That totally caught me off guard, I was sure that they were just going to kill those two right then and there. Yeah, even though there are only a few units to choose from it didn't stop me from already leaving a few of them in the dust lmao. I just can't help but pick out the strongest unit out of a bunch and build them up to be even stronger! Thanks for the support as always, enjoy the new episode! 😄

Haha, no worries. 

It's certainly a unique Fire Emblem experience! Thanks to the existence of emulators, I was able to enjoy it. There are a few characters I learned to like from it too! Oh, right, did I forget the dismount mechanic? Where if a unit is on a mount, they can become infantry (which is the only mode they can be used in indoors)? However, they are sword-locked as infantry as I recall. Maybe some have differences, but it can lead to very bad surprises.

Well, I do use it eventually, when I really need it, and they tend to be actually quite useful later on too XD

Boone's got superboons!

Lol. I tend to shun Jeigans like hell because I like levelling my units, and tend to like putting them at a similar level (until favoritism kicks in and one unit I really like gets half the kills of the map). I almost never pick because of strength of unit, mostly just on how much I like the character's personality/design.

Imma get to it 😃

0:30 I hear video-game noises

2:43 Dunno if you'll see it later in the video, but if you talk, you can still attack afterwards.

3:34 To be fair, a sword is better unbroken in the eyes of the refined XD

8:08 A pair for the ages. At least their supply of hand-axes should last them that long

9:19 Perfect timing XD

11:49 more like chillin their balls out

13:03 I always thought it was a frozen lake myself

13:47 30% is deceptively high for crits somehow. I always think they're calculated differently or the game doesn't understand it as a percentage or something cause it crits way too frequently. But of course, the crit must be at the second hit to be sure you use up all of your weapon earlier >>

14:41 I see you. He has 5 HP. The first sword guy did 5 to him and there's still skellyman. Don't risk it.

15:01 Oh, what hack is it? ^^

15:50 Except Winnifred 😛

16:32 Yeah, I think it's just shown when the character is selected in here. The talk thing can be useful, but more often than not it's paired with the map thing, and I tend to only use the second XD Though it can allow you to see suddenly someone can speak with someone else which you could've not realized in larger maps.

16:58 He's an anime character. He has 30 gallons of blood in his body. He'll get over it.

17:42 Yeah, the ambush in this chapter is pretty harsh, especially if you're not prepared and still have some of the more powerful units on the lower map alive.

18:55 right 😛

20:40 Oh... oh my.

21:41 Milarepa would soon enough become milaRIPa

23:42 Missed by miles

24:50 I THINK it is, but I'm not 100% certain. Could come from a special enemy you encounter once and I don't remember or something. But there are a few that are, afaik, so it would be logical, considering it's a new class and all.

30:43 I don't actually remember what's in those chests, tbh. Though... oh well, FEBuilder doesn't want to load it for whatever reason. Sad. Most likely some nice weapons or something like that. I don't think it was game changing or anything. Probably a light tome, since Lael can use those and I vaguely remember using her with those early on, but I'm not certain.

33:16 Hehe. Not yet, no.

Welp, sad for those chests, but eh, what can you do? Apart from moving all your units 😛  I might be less responsive for a while with some stuff going on around here, but I'll try to pop back in during the weekends ^^ A bit sad to see Winnie the Carebear and Caspian the friendly ghost shafted because of their starting position, but we'll see how they hold up later on. They're pretty good units honestly, and Winnifred saved my ass a couple of times (though she's extremely frail and needs good positioning. She'd have died so many times if it were not for savefiles on my end XD). Travis seems to be getting alright in your run, maybe he'll be a contestant. He seems to be a fine unit, just one that would often frustratingly leave enemies at very low HP in many cases. And guess who you'll meet next chapter? ;)

Greetings Lorneus, here's the new episode. It's a long one so grab some popcorn!

I looked for Thracia roms online so I could play it but all the sites that have it look sketchy as hell lol, no worries though as I'm sure I'll play it someday. I don't know why but that reading that video-game noises comment then going to the timestamp to see what you were talking about made me laugh harder than it should've 😆 Oh thanks for the tip! I didn't know you could attack after talking 😀 I'm almost positive I mentioned this in the new video but just in case I didn't the hack I'm replaying is Project Ember, I don't know why I said I never played it before since this is my second playthrough. Thank you for trying to find out what was in those chests for me I appreciate it. I think that was like the second thing I asked you to do and I'm pretty sure I asked another thing of you in the new video, though for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Anyway feel free to ignore me when I ask for things like that, I was just wondering if you happened to remember what was in those chests. You never have to go out of your way to look things up for me 🙂 No problem about being less responsive, at this point it seems I've pretty much slowed down to an episode a week anyway lol. WINNIFRED, CASPIAN, TRAVIS, THESE NAMES DO NOT MATTER IN COMPARISON TO THE ALMIGHTY GOD VERJEIGAN... We await his triumphant return... Thanks as always for watching and I'll see you next time! Oh and btw I know you mentioned before that you like battle animations on, as do I. But seeing as you're the only one commenting on the series so far, let me know if you'd prefer them off now that I'm getting deeper into the game with these longer chapters. (I think this is the longest video so far lol) Just a thought, see ya next time!

• 3 weeks later...

It's been awhile my friends and Lorneus is too busy out there owning life for our usual back and forth... But it's just like they say, the show must go on! Here is episode 12

I was so used to Lorneus writing a big message for me to respond to that it was a challenge getting myself motivated to actually sit down and record haha. So I guess since there's nothing to respond to I'll just write a little bit about the episode here. I really enjoyed this chapter, the map had a really interesting gimmick which made one of my favorites so far. That's all I'll say I think to avoid spoiling anything lol, enjoy the episode all you lurkers out there!