Grand Hero Battle: Riev - Blood Beryl

System Error

Didn't see one yet, so decided to make it myself after spending an hour and a half or so trying to meme on the guy. Which I successfully did in the end.

Wolf was the only character I didn't get last Archanea focus, my draws there went atrocious. But on the New Years' 2 rerun I was intending to pull red even though I had everyone, may as well for max fodder chances. There were none so I settled on colorless. And BOO. So I decided I'd do a theme clear with him and his cohorts on whatever showed up next. Of course it would be a reinforcements map, though...

I did a bunch of specialized inheritance to pull this off: Vyland got Escape Route 3 and a regular ol' Brave Axe, and I +1'd him because SP grinding is suffering. Wolf and Roshea both got Ward Cavalry, and the latter also got Pass (!!). Wolf's Vantage/Glimmer are from an earlier attempt that I didn't need to change out (he originally took a hit from the lance armor and needed those to dissuade the bow cav from killing him). Sedgar didn't need any changes from what I gave him.

Vyland had the lowest Spd (even though I am trying to give him a speed meme build). Brave Axe let him kill the red flier - the trick was making sure the bow cav couldn't get him, which is the reason for Escape Route. The Ward Cavalry stacking was so that the bow cav wouldn't kill Roshea, either. Once Riev was down, it was that cav and the armors. Vyland's Escape Route got rid of him, then it was just a turkey shoot on the armors with my ranged units.

Edited by System Error

I almost had PTSD noticing that this was obviously chapter 19 from Sacred Stones complete with reinforcements and everything. But Heroes has Save tanks and Sacred Stones doesn't.

Riev almost killed Henriette in one hit with his pre-charged Glacies. Almost.

I can't wait until the Special Training maps rotates back around to the ranged training maps to level up this raisin. He looks fun, even if I probably won't use him for anything afterwards.

Took me a bit of time to do this because I was so insistent on using bad characters this team. I have ninja Shamir built, but I wasn't sure how to use her in a map full of ranged units and crowded spaces.

I'm glad I gave a Unity skill to Catria a few months ago!

Finally, a GHB with reinforcements. And the one time I actually notice a Save Skill

@GuiltyLove - Nice clear with a quirky team~ I always appreciate seeing H!Nowi. Your Nino and Shamir also did a lot of work here, too. Of course, Catria's performance was expected as usual.

I am not sure how to build my Sedgar and this GHB is a good testing ground. This would probably go a lot faster if I had just give Silas different A skill to boost his Atk to kill that Blue Far Save Armor.

@System Error Nice to see a fellow Wolfguard enjoyer

@GuiltyLove Always like to see your SoV Catria. Wanted one myself for a long time, and got pitybroken by her twice last month, both -atk. 

Yeah Riev. Humans will never conquer darkness. So why go up against 4 dark mages? Bringing 4 red mages to blue mage and fridge land was not my best idea, but I managed to beat it anyway.

@Landmaster Blue fridges don't mean much to 3 out of 4 of your Elise's. Far save did't save them. Also cool to see the christmas weapon on Selise. I was considering pulling for Lugh, but my pulls weren't blessed that Banner.

@Diovani Bressan @BoaFerox @SatsumaFSoysoy

@System Error Very nice Wolfguard clear! Always satisfying when the theme clear works out after a bunch of tests and adjustments.

@GuiltyLove Nice clear with nice units! Unity skill to counter Riev's debuffs really came in handy. That Forma Nowi got to show off her power too, I picked her up as well from the last HoF, she's a ton of fun.

@Landmaster Noooo Artuuuuur! His sacrifice was not in vain though, Summer Elise got great use out of that tome, especially on this map where debuffs are around every corner. Very nice work by them all as always!

@MagicCanonBalls Nice clear and nice Sedgar, this build looks like it should serve him well. Nice work!

@Sasori Riev, the Light Mage of the Dark, against four Dark Mages of the Light. Very nice work by them all despite the annoying presence of Far Save and other things, great clear!

I brought the newly refined and remixed Legendary Eirika for my one turn clear, and as expected she is an absolute beast for clears like this with her improved damage output, special charge on every attack and Canto. Young Tana also got to do some warping tricks, I bet Riev wasn't expecting to get hit from that spot. In Sacred Stones this map would have ended as soon as Riev got taken out, but I guess here we also had to deal with a few extras lol

I also made a theme clear with L'Arachel and her merry band, seeing as they are all in the game now (though Dozla is still celebrating Halloween lol). Eirika joined them in the last slot for the Lord role. I had wanted to have L'Arachel fight Riev, but I couldn't find any way to make her or any of the others here survive an attack from him so I had to leave it to the magic counter Rennac. At least the three of them got to team up on the last armor at the end.

I am kinda late to the party, but here I am.

@GuiltyLove That clear was pretty nice! You had some close moments there, like at the beginning with Nino and later one when the Bow Knight attacked Catria. But you did a great job!

@Landmaster Nice clear, Landy! Gravity is a pretty nice effect, and it's always useful in these clears you make. Miracle in the end was pretty nice as well!

@Sasori The use of AoE special in the end was very cool! It was a clever way to deal damage to Riev, when the entire team has WTD against him. Nice Pelleas too! I see you are waiting for his rerun to finish him.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

@BoaFerox Cool and fitting theme clear with L'arachel. Nice to see her at +10. I gotta remember that watersweep/weapon combo for my Chad. It looked pretty nice against mages.

@Diovani Bressan: Yeah i'm bidding my time so I can have my third +10 red mage without wasting too much grails. They're still annoyingly hard to come by.

But also cool clear. I see Lucina has her refine even if she was mostly getting people in position. Bridal Marth isn't seen too often and Petrine is always cool.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:05 PM, GuiltyLove said:

I had no idea your YouTube channel was so popular! People must love seeing Smash Bros. characters collide into each other 😛

Haha, that all stems from one random video I uploaded just to test the YouTube feature in the game back in the day. It got picked up by the algorithm somehow and now sits at millions of views... So people started requesting more videos like that and I provided since they were easy to make lol. Now my channel has a ton of subscribers who are probably just there for Smash Bros. videos though, which is why I keep all my FEH clears unlisted since I don't want to annoy 10k people with a bunch of FEH videos...

@Diovani Bressan Nice clear! I get really thrown off by Duo Alm with a Slaying Axe and no Celica by his side, and then Celica just suddenly speaks when he's tapped. I'm like what unit is thi- oh yeah lol

@MagicCanonBalls - Nice clear and that's a cool Sedgar. I totally forgot we had a Forma Shannan. I must not have gotten anything good on mine if I didn't pick him up.

@Sasori - Well you can't lose with best son on your side. And obviously not with your Ultra Raigh. Pelleas has such good art, I'd build him if I knew more about him, but I never played Tellius.

@GuiltyLove - I really try not to use Ninjorrin as much as I can, especially for simple GHBs/BHBs, but it was just quicker dealing with a Save Armor to throw her in and then just get her out afterwards so the Elises didn't get too cluttered with enemies.

@Diovani Bressan - Very cool to see V!Alm warp halfway across the map not once, but twice. I see L!Lucina will be the new unit you abuse for these, which I can't fault with how nice her Prf is for her allies.

@BoaFerox - I've got 2 more better boon Arturs, no need to worry~ 

L!Eirika will probably see some more spotlight in your one turns, I imagine, with how good her PRF is for it. You've got a good squad of Canto abusers for these.

Oooh, Rennac, I feel like he'll be a rare sight so pretty cool that he got to join the gang to destroy Riev. Watersweep in itself is also pretty rare. Nicely orchestrated clear but I will have to remove points for Eirika forgetting her Fairy outfit at home.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...