Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 2: What Once Was is Once More

Nanami Touko

What in the hell was-? Nessraya didn't have much time to gather her thoughts, as the sudden influx of magical energy spilled out from the room Ember had emptied, accompanied by an impressive display of fire.

'Could that be? If that's Ragnarok, then-' No time to continue that train of thought. Whatever Ember had unleashed, it was dangerous. Stepping into the entryway, frost gathered at the tips of Nessraya's fingers, as she took in the scene. Ember was unscathed, but it didn't appear she would remain that way for long.

"Ember, get out of there! Whoever you are, stand down! Whoever this Hecate is, we aren't affiliated with her!" Nessraya barked, her voice booming. She could only hope her magic was potent enough to cancel out another cast, but if Ember was too close-by... the hellhound would be hard-pressed to come out alive, let alone unscathed.

As the construct fell, Nisha released the breath she had been holding. If she had missed, that could have gone poorly. No time to celebrate though, as a massive explosive sound and the ground beneath their feet shaking quickly upturned anything to be happy about.

"W-what was that? Earthquakes don't sound like that, I don't think?!"

Edited by Ether

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The yellow eyes peeled off of Ember and tore into Nessraya, the ice around the succubus' fingers pulling away from her and swirling towards the red woman, the element gathering above her now open palm. "If you're not affiliated, then I suggest you stay out of my way. Keep your pathetic magic to yourself. I can hardly even call this a spell..." With the flick of her wrist, the spell Nessraya had been preparing fired off to the woman's left, the fimbulvetr spell colliding and coating the side wall in a sheet of thick ice. "Couldn't even harm the stonework... Out of my way!"

Miz moves to 11,38

Lavinia felt the whole area shake slightly, worry settling into her anew. "Marina, if you think you can finish that creature, I'll trust you. If not, we should be able to weather it for one more moment... Such magic implements are far too dangerous to take lightly."

Edited by Mel the DM

There wasn't much Marina could do to deter the oncoming magic from this creature(?), machine(?), what ever it was. Her life felt drained... a runesword, she remembered something about it. But she wasn't sure, well, until Lavinia better explained it.

Luci and Gabi went in to attack it, and Marina was able to take note of it healing from draining Gabi. Then maybe...

Marina gave Lavinia a serious look. "I want to give it as little as possible if this goes wrong again." She hoped Lavinia would trust her as she went for the attack.

Marina to 42, 39, attacking the Construct.

Edited by Silver Gallade

Marina charges the construct, but it attacks her first!
Roll: 73,85
Miss!
Marina swings!
Roll1: 63,80
Greatshield: 16(fail!)
6 damage
The construct crumples!
Marina gains +30 exp, +2 sword wexp!

"Marina!

Lavinia moves to 43,39 and heals Marina for 17 hp
+15 exp, +2 staff wexp
Level up!
Level 14

80 9 88 28 86 56 35 63

+Str/Def

"There... Goodness, that was dangerous. You're alright, yes?"

"Tch..." Nessraya did as best she could to keep a composed face as the spell was taken out of her hands and thrown against the wall, accompanied by a rather blatant dismissal of her abilities. Whoever this woman was, she had never encountered anyone with magical aptitude anywhere near her level... she couldn't blame this Hecate person for sealing her away if she had been belligerent, not if she was this dangerous. 

At the very least, she seemed to no longer be intent on burning Ember to embers. And she was the only lead they had right now.

"You said you were imprisoned. Is that what this place is? A prison? Do you know where we are?" Nessraya asked. The sheer magnitude of this woman's magic was frankly terrifying, but she would get nowhere if she simply cowered.

A glance was spared in Nessraya's direction as the woman walked, but it was confused. "Why do I have to answer your questions? I am above this.'" Her fury from before had been composed, but it was clearly still going underneath; smouldering, like the spell still being held in her right hand. "This is not the place I was stuffed into that infernal ring... Where did you bother to take me, Hecate...?" In fact, this place has no resemblance to Hecate's abode, nor her home of Ishtaria... A small fear began to creep into her mind. "What year is it?" Something was off. Dreadfully off. The mana in the air felt thinner; she didn't recognize the species of Changed this woman was; her magic had been a far cry from the magic of her people... Something is wrong. Something is terribly wrong.

"The year? 784." Nessraya responded... best not provoke her further any further by offering retort to her comments. That she was willing to converse even the smallest bit was a blessing. And while the question was tad off to begin with... if a mage of this caliber had been around the continent, surely she would have known about it. How long had she been imprisoned? 

"..." Her mouth was left agape for a moment before her entire hand became coated in that flame, crackling and growing along her arm. "If I find you're lying to me, I will kill you." It couldn't be a lie, though... The whole world felt different, and she had quite the grasp on how the world was meant to feel... Hecate, what did you DO!? You should've at least taken over if you were going to get me out of the picture, how did you keep me in there for so long!? Surely you'd have grown stronger and then released me to attempt ending me... No one as smart as you would let me be, ready to strike you down, for so many years. No... No, something must have happened. I'm going to get to the bottom of it, then finish taking your life. What a mess...!

That reaction as good as confirmed Nessraya's suspicions. While she didn't have a number of years, clearly this mage had been imprisoned for a long time. But how long? With her level of power, and how dismissive she was of Nessraya's own ability... was it possible that she had been sealed away since the Golden Age?

"What benefit could I possibly derive from lying to you about the year of all things? Regardless, that settles what I thought. There's no feasible way a mage of your acumen could have been wandering the continent without it being noticed. You've clearly been down here for a very long time."

The good lady seemed to be conversing with someone else besides Suki, so accompanying Ayane to see what was going on felt like the best course of action. "Powerful as the spell was, I am reasonably resilient against magic. I should be quite fine no--" Suddenly, a distant rumbling occurred, and Ilvira sensed a wave of magic far exceeding anything she'd ever felt before, greatly surpassing what she'd just been hit with a moment ago, having her blink mouth agape in a rare moment of shock. "...Goodness, what sort of being is capable of magic like that? I must say, I hope our allies have not provoked something beyond all of our means. We could not even see it, but my entire being shook from its force!"

Though the elf's words implied fear, she had quickly picked her jaw up and simply stared in the direction of that sensation with a smile, seeming excited more than anything else. Maybe it had been worth coming to this accursed place after all! Though, her easily shifted curiosity now went and ignored the person on the chair, even with them right in the middle of her view...

Ilvira moves to 27-18.

The machine went down with a slice. Her body was worn, but she was able to avoid the attack from the runesword. She was still kicking. Her breathing was heavy from the fear, but it started to wane and even out one Lavinia gave her a heal.

"I'm... I'm okay. Just gotta, j-just gotta get out of here." Her voice had a clear tremble.

That was a lot of questions at once, leaving the construct in distress. "...This place should not have been hidden away. I am guessing it was done later." Parts of its fragmented memory were being grasped, but there were too many gaps. "...I made this place. I was locked here." These came quickly, even if the reasons were locked behind a draining mental fog. "...I don't remember why I made this place anymore." The construct grew anxious, a tic seemed to surface, it hugged its own right arm, finger rubbing at its joints. "That's not good. It was importan--"

It quickly stopped, turning its head towards the direction to their west. "Something happened." It had sensed a powerful magical aura with the rumbling, one that felt familiar... in a specifically annoying way. "Mnnn... not good." Whatever it was, it brought unease, slowly creeping up those broken memory banks. "Not something. Someone." It closed its eyes, "The prison is collapsing after all..." At least, in some solace, it had outlasted its own prison... but why did that feel important?

Edited by Xinnidy

Thesephine could feel that. It was horrifying. The sudden burst of magic, the rumbling in the walls. Something-- or someone, as this doll was saying, had awoken and was not happy. She could feel herself shaking, swallowing hard. "I, ahh... Wh-What, what have you been keeping down here? What could possibly...? S-Suki, Suki get over here."

With a large amount of confusion, Suki scampered over to Thesephine, having felt the shaking, but not being able to completely understand what they were all scared of. "Something happen...?"

Suki moves to 24,19

Thesephine nodded, gripping Stholia tightly. "Yeah... Listen, doll, we need out. Before whatever that is gets in here--"

"Hmph. At least you recognize your place." The woman took several steps further, finally staring at the wall. "There you are... You're different, but that's still you, Hecate. Prepare yourself!"

Her arms raised, a glorious plume of fire began to wrap around them and grow in front of her. "Die, Hecate! DIE!"

"Warning: Subject 00-M escaped. Extreme discretion advised!"

One of the constructs had pulled itself together and jumped at the woman, weapon at the ready--

Her left arm had folded under her right, aimed at the construct. Without even looking, a glorious blast of fiery magic enveloped the creation, its defense systems attempting to save itself from the blast, but that magic was swiftly overwritten, the entire thing crumbling to dust and ash. Unfortunately for the red woman, it has distracted her enough for the blast to be off. It tore through the walls and threw the throne room, into the far adjoining wall. It barely missed the doll, almost crisped Ayane, and was about to hit Taiyou--

Taiyou would find herself suddenly grabbed and rolled with, a certain bundle of pink hair rolling with her until they stopped, only seconds before a massive blast of fire magic tore through the area, ending in a black stain against the wall behind where Taiyou had been standing. The oni picked herself up and helped up Taiyou, her breathing heavy, her clothes, hair and face stained black with what could only have been oil, or some other sort of mechanical fluid.

"Hey... Mistress~ Almost, couldn't s-save you... Almost~"

Mae spawns at 35,8 with 1 HP!

"Before whatever that is gets in here and--" A blast tore through the room, eviscerating the tile, walls, the space Suki had been standing mere moments ago. It almost turned both Ayane and Ilvira into dust, not stopping at the rear wall, continuing through. Thesephine was frozen stiff, only her head moving towards where the wall had been blown open. Whoever, whatever had done this was so far away, she couldn't make them out... Just a gleaming pair of eyes, golden, piercing through the dust and smoke.

"HECATE!" the voice boomed, echoing through the new opening. "You should have killed me when you had the CHANCE!" Frustrated by the distraction having made her magic miss, another blast of magic was charging up... But it began to fizzle.

"Wh-What?" She glanced down at her hands as the fire faded, the magic disappearing completely. The glow of her eyes faded, her pupils turning black, the golden centers fading. Then a convulsion. She grasped at her stomach, falling to her knees. "What's... What, is... Ha-Haaapp, pening...!?" Her wings curved around her as she crumpled onto the ground, gasping and heaving, clawed fingers scraping at the tile--

A burst of red mist once more, like when she'd been released, clouded the area around her. As it began to fade, her shape came into view once more, but smaller, shorter. Her upper curves had disappeared; her clothes had shrunk with her... As her tail swishes and she coughed, trying to regain her consciousness, she began to push herself up to her knees, arms almost buckling under her own weight.

"What... Wh, what, happened, to me...?" Her voice was the same, sultry but shaking, though that horrifying magic power had completely faded. She could feel it herself. A look of fear encapsulated her entire face, staring at her hands as she sat on her knees. "Wh... why? Why did... All of m-my magic...?"

Miz spawns on 11,36 at level 1

The north door opens, the magic circuits holding the labyrinth together beginning to fail
The west door opens as well.
Everyone's move is doubled for the remainder of the map, including enemies.

o8xasXG.png

Edited by Mel the DM

Lucille rushed the construct, magic flaring. As long as she kept a close eye on the sword she, and Villkiss would be fine. Villkiss's flying was feeling up to par again, but that was likely because of Marina's seeming peril. All of Lucille's frustration and anxiety were placed into her first spell, "Just back off!" She aimed for the automaton's sword arm in hopes that she could damage it, and from the shock it seemed like she had... Until it rose the sword above its head anyway. Lucille pulled the reins to her right, and Villkiss dove as the blast narrowly missed the pair. She tossed another spell at the machine, hoping that one of the others would come in and finish the job. Gabriela moved in, and the machine inexplicably started to move faster, and Lucille could feel more magic emanating from the thing. It struck Gabriela first, before she could get her spells off. Was it holding back against me?! Was I... Not even considered enough of a threa--

The engagement ended with Marina jamming her sword into the machine after dodging one another of the dark blasts. Lucille would have been more concerned with Marina, if her attention hadn't been focused on the rumbling from somewhere else in this labyrinth. Lucille felt herself shivering, but not from the chill in the air. She couldn't know what was the epicenter, but whatever had caused that rumbling was magical in origin, at a level that Lucille couldn't even comprehend. Furthermore, the type of spell that had been cast was unmistakable to her. Lucille slowly wrapped her arms around herself trying desperately not to lose her composure. No... No, no... Lucille's frustration was replaced with fear and panic as her thoughts started to run wild. Then... there was a second, even larger pulse of magic. It felt similar to the first causing Lucille to squeeze herself, but it seemed more pure, less attuned to a single element. Raw energy would have been the way Lucille would have described it if not struggling to hide her panic. After all of that, the magic vanished, completely. Lucille remained quiet aside from her uncomfortably quickened breathing. Lucille could only manage a glance at Lavinia, before making herself as small as possible hoping the other two wouldn't notice. 

Why does this always happen to me? W-Why?

Something was going on, that much was clear. The original flare of magic had been one thing but this... He glanced behind at the rapidly repairing doll and turned and began to sprint down the hallway. He had wasted enough time here. He needed to get going and find the rest of his group before whoever had released that magic did.

30-48

What an impressive display of force. The prisoner's magic tore through the walls of the labyrinth with ease... at least that would make navigation easier. After a few more casts of ragnarok, she was about to assail whoever this Hecate was, when-

Everything stopped. It was immediately obvious that she had exhausted her magic, to such a degree that her body shifted into a smaller form.

'How curious... she clearly isn't a succubus in the sense we know them today, but her physiology shifted when she exhausted her magic reserves... an ancestor? I should probably kill her, but this opportunity... as a scholar I can't pass this up.' Nessraya pondered. Would this decision have negative consequences? Perhaps. She would simply need to put her down before she regained her full strength, if she remained belligerent.

"You exhausted your internal magic reserves. I don't know if you are truly from the Golden Age of magic, but if you are... the world can't support that level of consumption anymore. Our physiology seems similar, and if that's the case, you expended enough magic to draw directly from your life force, putting you in this state. Just a theory, of course." Nessraya surmised, watching her like a hawk as she lay on the ground.

"Your magic has me intrigued, of course. You won't be able to get any revenge, let alone escape this place as you are now. That said, you're still clearly dangerous, as you've just shown. Will you cooperate, or do I need to restrain you?" Nessraya questioned, awaiting her response.

Whatever was being said to her wasn't registering. Nessraya was a fly and the only information her buzzing got across was the lack of magic in this world. Whatever this world had become... "You took everything from me," she mumbled, slumped onto the floor, still staring at her hands, "and now even this. When will it be enough, you monster...!?" She felt tears beginning to well, biting her lip and scrunching her face to stop them. 

"Ragnarok," she mumbled. No spell appeared. "F-Forblaze. Bolting... Tornado, E-Elfire, Seraphim, Excalibur...! Anything, p-please! F, Fire--"

A tiny, simple little fireball appeared in her hands. No weaker than any mundane fire spell, it danced along her fingers before resting in her palm. She bit her lip harder and hugged the flame to herself. "Okay. Okay, it's still here..."

Edited by Mel the DM

The blasts shook the labyrinth, enough so that Seilan's blade clattered to the ground from his cloak, and he quickly swiped it up before it could roll away. The ceiling groaned at its sudden lack of support, and the dust and rubble was beginning to fill the air; but more importantly, around that corner was the source of that... raw, unmatched intensity of magical power. Far more than anything he'd sensed before, even from the general. Still, the fact that it hadn't continued could have meant a number of things, all of which he couldn't quite ascertain from where he was. not least while his ears were still ringing.

"What just...? We need to find a way out of here, quickly!"

"...Ah." Everything kind of came tumbling down with the blast of magic, dust swallowing up the construct's frame. It didn't need to breathe, though it covered its eyes in a bout of instinct. "This magic... mmmr..." One feeling kept resurfacing in its consciousness. "Annoying... loud... I kept, that brat locked up."

"Hng..." It clutched its head, feeling some kind of disturbance --either from that magic, or its struggling memories. "You should go. If she comes, I'll hold her back."

That was... easier said than done, with the ceiling height, but the mounting rubble could prove helpful.

"How did I fight that..." The construct mumbled, grasping at the air, "So long... how much time... time..." Its mumblings continued, something faint forming between its hands. A spherical distortion, void of color, came to form for but a moment, before silently fading. Whatever it was, it was completely different to the magic Thesephine was familiar with. "Time... time..."

Hecate relearns Slow.

"Hwaaah?!" Distracted from inspecting the stairs, Taiyou wasn't at all ready for the rumbling that came for her, she couldn't react at all, feeling a push at her, collapsing on the floor, feeling an unbearable heat next to her. "What... was that...?" Gasping for air, Taiyou looked up, to see Mae, tensing a bit on the spot. "Ah... th-thanks. I don't know, what that was about."

"Hess, what kind of magic..." Fyl was shook on the core, his sensitivity to magic was getting the better of him. "I-I've never seen a spell like that..."

"...I don't see any exits here." Taiyou held her breath, grabbing her lance again. "We need to find what that is, or we'll keep running blindly into corners."

"T-that's suicide! Ugh... Mae, be ready to jump again..." Fyl couldn't believe that girl's guts, chasing after her cautiously. "And let me get to your wounds before you do!"

Taiyou to (34,14), Fyl to (35,14), cast heal on her.

Edited by Xinnidy

Jade had been focused on the approaching enemy from around the corner, and was on the way to back up Seilan as the human mage moved in to give assault. An unexpected event gave her pause for a moment though, as unfamiliar sensations resonated throughout her body. It was as if her bones were a tuning fork, and someone was hammering on them. Confused, she turned to look past the rear of the wagon, searching for any sign or clue to the cause, but saw nothing save for one of the downed constructs from before, now reanimated and on the chase.

"Fiddlesticks," the merchant swore lightly. Drawing close enough to the axe-wielding golem to discharge her firearm, she wheeled her cart in an arc, turning around to try and cut off the new (old?) threat from catching them in a pincer. It pained Jade to leave Seilan behind, especially with him standing right next to the foe, but if her shot didn't finish the monster off she would simply have to hope the shotgun succubus could seal the deal while she tried to contain aggression from the other source.

Jade moves to 6,41, fires Glacial Gun at Construct 12, Cantos to 6,34

Susan visibly winced at the discharge of magical energies coming from the direction the crew she'd found herself caught up in had been heading.

"Oh. That's bad. She didn't lose her powers, but I'm down most of mine? Yeah, no... sorry, I'm finding a different route." Apologizing to her current companions, she made her position on the matter clear.

Then with almost comically choreographed precision, Susan turned on her heel and swiftly moved past the door she'd just left with Nisha, the crumbled remains of her egglike entombment still staining the floor within. Deliberately striding along the wall until passing the bend and finding the labyrinth open up a bit to a room with no real promising leads. Just a dragonkin, a human, and a collapsed construct.

"Well fuck me." She stopped to think, trying to place just where in the maze this could be, if she'd even made it to this part of it before she'd been sealed away.

Susan moves to 12,7

Ilvira's mirth was only momentary, as she realized that sensation was building again, this time much more pointedly toward them. "Get down!" she managed to yell, diving onto the floor right before the blast penetrated the room's walls, just barely managing to avoid being torn to even more shreds than their environs had been, a great big gash of charred stone stretching as far as she could see from the dust cloud. "Goodness gracious, a few steps to the right, and I would be less than a stain on the floor..." Still, it seemed as if even a brush with magic strong enough to vaporize her wouldn't be able to keep her mouth shut.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Sorry for being so damn rusty, it's been decades since I was in a real fight unarmored." Seilan was surely just trying to keep her focused, but Nashwa wanted to move on and not think about it any longer. Speaking of, there was the construct they'd heard before, and a quick glance backward saw the one they'd taken down before get back on their tail. Damn it, so we are on the clock. And there's no obvious way ou-- Her thought was left unfinished for the moment, a massive explosion from behind stopping the succubus in her tracks. As bad as she was at magic, there was no mistaking that for anything else, that was just a ludicrously powerful spell. "...What, the fuck?"

Dumbfounded and not sure what to think of what had just happened, she recalled Nessraya had just went back there. But short as the time they'd had together had been so far, Nashwa was able to recognize the other succubus's magic signature easily enough thanks to their training together, and this was not it. Before she could take more than one step back to go to her aid, though, a second even more powerful blast rocked the entire area, stopping her again... and then the whole overwhelming sensation just disappeared. "Grrrrh! What the FUCK is going on!? Why is any of this happening!?" Loud groans of frustration were starting to not be enough to vent how utterly and completely done she was getting with this situation, her wings beating and tail flailing briefly. But if the immediate catastrophic threat had just spontaneously ceased to be one, she could afford to turn back and deal with their original target, the golem from around the corner.

Just a gunshot as usual wasn't going to cut it now; she wanted a more visceral way of dealing with it. And if shooting a hole through its head wasn't that, there was only one other thing she knew how to do well enough to put it down with, following up Jade's mobile attack with a turbulent dark aura rising from her left hand. "Be a nice puppet and keel over!"

Nashwa moves to 6-41 and attacks Construct 12 with Nosferatu.

"Of course, Taiyou... I'm surprised you're not curious how I got here." Mae grinned as they walked away, flinching slightly, before rummaging her tongue around her mouth and spitting out a small gear. "Still some of you left... Hmhm. You were a formidable opponent~"

Mae follows to 34,13

Fyl heals her to full!
+15 exp

"None for me, little fairy?" Mae was holding herself well, but her right arm was broken, given how limp it was hanging, and there were several gashes along her body. "Spare some magic for miss Miko's savior, would you~?"

Bridgit chases after them to 36,14, giving the oni a wide berth.

Jade gives the construct a BANG
Roll: 57,84
20 damage
Jade gains +10 exp, +1 gun wexp

Tenna felt the magic and her legs gave out, crashing onto the tile below her. "Wh-What was, that...?" She couldn't recognize the source of either blast, just the wave and the rumbling, trembling in her boots. When Susan rounded the corner, Tenna's eyes shot to her... She was moderately relieved to see another human, taking a deep breath and trying to pick herself up. "H-Hello. Hi... Miss."

Nashwa lets out all her frustrations!
Roll: 8,68
15 damage
The magic is siphoned from Construct 12!
It crumples... And does not begin to repair.
Nashwa gains +34 exp!

Edited by Mel the DM

After the Helhound had regained her senses she was immediately met with a pair of golden eyes glaring at her through the mist. She had frozen in place, the magic coming off the woman, the magic she'd just tossed so effortlessly out of the room... Ember wasn't that magically proficient, but even she knew that she was a drop of rain compared to the ocean of this woman. Even as the unknown woman screamed at her, another fireball aimed at her, Ember remained static, mouth agape, fear plastered on her expression. "I, I...--" Thankfully Nessraya had been there to answer in her stead, drawing the red woman's attention from her and out of the room. She slumped against the backwall, still utterly terrified of the woman. As her magic swelled again and she blasted a hole through the walls Ember could only watch, legs still not cooperating enough to let her stand.

"I can't just force myself to change at the drop of a hat," she complained at the princess before launching herself at the repaired being. She hit it, but she was unable to dodge the blast of magic. "Die already!" Tundyssa reeled from the magic slamming into her, thrusting Requiem into the construct's body as she fought to stay standing after the blast of magic nearly knocked her onto her ass. As she leaned on Requiem for support it's voice was suddenly back in her head after being dormant for so long. It demanded more of the magic of this place, of the beings that repaired themselves and grew stronger. It's rant of demands ended without her getting a chance to respond in kind, but just incase the sword could still hear her... My name's Tundyssa now, Requiem. If you want your meals, you'll address me as such.

"Hahh, hahhh... I, I think, it's dead now." She huffed out as she caught her breath. "I think Requiem can kill them, even if they're not alive... I'm gonna try it one the other one." However, as the dragon moved to coup de grace the repairing construct she felt a distant rumbling and an unreal amount of magic suddenly manifest to the north. Her arms shook but she wouldn't be-- "What!?" That second blast had actually shook the whole damn place! What was happening to the north!? Was Thesephine okay? There wasn't any time to sit around and try to find out,, it was time to move!

"I don't know what the Hel that was, but that means there isn't any time to lose! Get moving Tenna, I'll catch up after I make sure this thing won't be following us!"

Xalrei to 14,8 and try to kill the repairing construct.

"Shut up!" Xetketh snapped at the beastman, her fists shaking with rage as she was on the verge of grabbing Asami's less than modest coverings and hoisting her like she'd done to Agni. She finally realized what it was that had felt so off about this place: it was the utter lack of magic in the world. Or was it? A sudden burst of magic to the northwest... No, wait-- "Ahahahaha!~ So that's where she was! Who cares what's happened to me so long as she's still like this? Out of my way!" Though her worry about her own magic was still very much at the forefront of her mind, Miz being unsealed with this much magic at her disposal was enough to assuage her concerns for the time being. A solution to her own issues could be found later, she was confident that she'd be able to solve this mystery so long as Miz was still as powerful.

Xetketh to 34, 9.

Coming around the corner she saw the destruction Miz had wrought on their prison, only made more giddy as her many eyes took in the sight. 

"Huh, what--" Before Sollowy had much time to even process Nisha's request the woman had slipped her own bow from her hands and replaced it with the wraith's much heavier greatbow. She nearly dropped the heavy thing on the ground, barely able to get a proper grip on it in time. The construct crumbled from Nisha's shot, so at least it wasn't for nothing. "Well, it worked out at least." Sollowy moved to take her bow back when the wall to their north suddenly shook, a terrible sounding explosion assaulting her ears. Then another a few seconds later, worry sinking into the fairy. "Wh, What's happening up there?" The oppressive magic coming from there only heightened her concern. Please be okay Thessy, please...

"At this point I don't question it, with all the invisibility and stalking." Taiyou gave a glance at Mae in response. "You are worse for wear, though. What happened?"

"Ah... s-sorry, everything's happened fast, stay close, then. I'll fix you up next." Fyl mentioned, a bit embarrassed that he overlooked Mae's own wounds in the heat of things.

"Goodness, crazy and unhinged." Agni shook his head, walking out of the room in time to see Xetketh's outburst. "Still, that was one hell of a burst, hard to even believe it was magic. What do you have to say about that, Asami?"

Agni to (33,4). (33,5 if he can cross the obstacle construct though >.>)

Ilvira's warning reached Ayane in time to just evade what was coming. She was on the floor and in complete awe at the blast that nearly vaporized her. The oni's jaw opened wide, and her eyes followed suit. "...ah..." Ayane's rage was replaced by some slight fear.

------------------

Ren's head rose up a little, even from his position he heard something from a distance. "...Ayane..." His worst fears may have just come true, which was motivation enough to have him start sprinting toward the direction he hadn't checked yet.

Ren starts sprinting toward 3, 19