Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 2: What Once Was is Once More

Nanami Touko

Marina was frozen for a moment. What happened? Why was Lucille screaming at her. The look of fear was completely apparent, not even just by her, but another look down reminded her of the dark. They'd go together, Together, that sounded a lot better... She gripped Lucille's hand, and swung herself onto the saddle, and started scrambling to pull herself up. She was on ground. The dark still down there, but...

Holding back sniffling, she gripped Lucille's shoulders and hid behind her back. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry--! I-I got... scared...! Together! Together's better, let's--" She took a moment, let go and composed herself, giving a confident smile.

"We'll head down together."

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marina quickly scrambled into the saddle behind her after she pulled herself aboard. There had been a look of terror in Marina's eyes, and that fear had come pouring out of her as she apologized. "...Yeah. We'll go together." The sniffling, and apologies did cool her temper a little bit.

Villkiss descended into the voided space. It was just, black. Nothing distinct to make out, nothing below them, and nothing around them. Well there was something, Villkiss's breathing did sound quite a bit more strained than usual. Lucille couldn't tell if it was because of the atmosphere, because Villkiss was panicking, or something else, but it was very concerning. Seemed like the king's earlier call to keep her out of the sky was-- "Huh?"

Suddenly, Lucille, Villkiss and their passenger felt like they were being pulled in by... something. If Villkiss wasn't panicking before, she was now. Scared cries, and hurried flaps of her wings, she was wasting energy as they were still being pulled along, "Villkiss! Villkiss, s-s-stay calm!" Lucille certainly wasn't anymore. But suddenly, the pull stopped, and Lucille mostly had control again. "...W-w-what the hell was that? And... where... the heck is this?" They were now flying above what looked like ruins, but done in this otherworldly blue stone. A small sudden loss of altitude, brought Lucille back into reality. "Villkiss, are you okay?" She needed to land and check on Villkiss, quickly. The first place she saw would do, but strangely she didn't see anyone else. Is it just us? What the-- no, don't worry about it, Villkiss and Marina come first, right now! 

What a terrible day...

Lucille tries to land with Marina in the Top Right Quadrant at 47, 47 

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

Marina held on tight to Lucille as they dropped below. The fact that things were going awry and the feeling of being dragged into the dark, Marina was almost now in full panic. Steel yourself, steel yourself... Marina, you've already seen some of the worst life has dealt you, this is nothing! And before she knew it, they were suddenly in this, eerily blue place. She took took some deep breaths, and was able to hop off as they landed. She wiped some sweat off her face. 

She felt sick to her stomach. Probably some anxiety, but... it didn't feel draining anymore.

But it sure was surprisingly cool... Of course, this would be the time as soon as Marina stopped wearing her jacket, she'd want it.

"I... Where are we?" She couldn't help but ask.

Marina hops off at 48,48

Ayane felt the ground below her crumble to nothingness, and gravity more or less took it's toll as she fell fast. But she held onto the body as tight as she could, expecting some sort of rough landing. She absolutely did not want this to be her end, but at this point she could do nothing more than keep her grip. If this was her end then she would at least try to save one life. 'I failed my homeland...but I only hope I don't fail...'

After some time had passed the Oni lifted her eye lids slightly. '...was that all...a dream?' She slowly sat up and shook her head, trying to take in her surroundings. It seems like that fall wasn't a dream, as they were in a very different location now. The room she was in was quite old, and somewhat dusty. '...is this a ruin? Like the ones I've read in stories? How...?' She took a moment to notice she wasn't alone and stood up to check on the body that fell in with her. "Hey, are you alright?" She shook it gently on the shoulder.

Ayane wakes up on 32, 23

------------------

Ren wakes up on 4, 4

Everything had happened so fast. Thesephine had spotted a body, called others to investigate, then as they approached the ground started to collapse and form an rapidly growing chasm. "H-Hurry Thessy! It's like it's chasing us!" Sollowy had panicked and latched onto Thesephine, urging the Demon King to go faster even though she was already doing the best she could. Then came the fall as the ground swallowed them up. "Fly! Th-Thessy, we have to fly!" She desperately urged, beginning to float while still clinging to the Medusa. She didn't manage for long before the wastes tore at her magic. It felt like someone had ripped the ground right out from under her, losing her grip on Thesephine just before she lost consciousness...

--------

The fairy's eyes slowly blinked open, the coldness of the ground soon making itself very apparent. She picked herself up, warily looking around. No sign of Thesephine, or anyone else for that matter... Just the blue walls that nearly surrounded her in an alcove of sorts. There were doors just to the north? of her, but who knew where they would lead. "Thessy! Where are you!? Can you hear me!?" No response, not even another of the group. What happened to us? Where is everyone? Please be okay, Thessy..."

Sollowy wakes up on 8, 22.

No matter how tight she held onto Bladen's shirt, it wasn't of any use. Whatever forces were at play here weren't thinking of letting them leave quietly. Gabriela put up a futile resistance to pull up herself and Bladen, but her wings weren't cooperating, clearly. They descended into the void that lay below.. ''Hrghnnh..... don't..... fall..!''

When the siren woke up, she appeared to be in some.. ruins. ''Hgnh..'' Gabriela held her head, which hurted quite a bit. Combined with the sapping of her mana, this fall certainly didn't do anything to make her feel much better. She looked around her surroundings to find some of the others who had fallen, in addition to her passenger.

Gabriela lands on 43,36.

It had all happened so quickly. A few folk had gone to check on a body out in the wastes off the beaten path, and then out of nowhere the ground had collapsed beneath them. If they had been anywhere else than the wastes, perhaps Nessraya would have been able to do something, anything, to aid in the convoy's ability to evade the pitfall... but any strenuous use of magic was simply impossible. Whatever amounts she could have mustered would have been insufficient to make a dent in the sinkhole's impact.

Suddenly there was darkness. And in that instant, Nessraya could feel a discernable difference. Her mana wasn't being siphoned anymore... not that it made a difference in her ability to stop what was happening, past flaring her wings and imbuing them with magic to slow her descent. She felt herself being pulled in regardless, and couldn't gain any height-

Until the pulling stopped. She found herself in a whole new area, an odd... ruin? Temple? It was difficult to say. The walls all a pale blue stonework, immaculately crafted, although clearly many eons ago... disrepair had taken it's toll. She could see... only a few familiar faces as she descended, but nowhere near the entirety of their group. Touching down on the oddly cool stone, Nessraya took in her surroundings. What could she discern, from all this? First off, to check on the others nearby...

"Are you alright? Can you see anyone else?" She called out, waiting for a response. She could heal them if need be, hopefully they hadn't sustained any injuries...

Nessraya lands on 5, 32

What was supposed to be a simple body check had turned into a disaster at a rapid pace. Still within the wagon there wasn't much the dragon could do as the ground gave way around her friends and companions. Maybe if she'd volunteered to help she could be out there trying to catch people, but there was a certain someone desperately clinging to her and keeping her in place. "C'mon! Let me go, Tenna! I have to try to help!" It was no use. Even when she pried one of Tenebria's limbs off her the girl immediately clung to her again. It wasn't long before it felt like they were free falling, then darkness...

--------

She awoke on the cool stone of some underground building, slowly opening her eyes. She flapped her wings, bringing her up to her feet. The tile was cool, a bit too much on scaled feet, but there wasn't much she could do about it. It didn't feel like her mana was being drained anymore, but she was still too weak to fly for any lengthy period of time in her armor and she had no idea how long she'd be trapped down here. The place was well lit, at least, and it looked like she hadn't fallen alone. One of the Oni appeared to have ended up here too, though much further away. But where was Tenna? She'd still been clinging to her as she fell so she should've been nearby, right?

Xalrei awakens on 14,7.

Bladen woke with a start, his wings suddenly flaring out from his back as he tried to catch himself as he fell. He came back to his senses, feeling the cool hard floor beneath him. Slowly calming himself, breath steadying, before looking up and around. The strange sights around him were offset by the comforting sight of Gaby not far away. And even seeing Lucille and the Hero a bit further off helped, if only because it showed the others were likely here too. But if they were here... "Where's Ayane? She was right with us! AYANE!" 

Bladen wakes up on 44-41

Edited by scorri

The fall had been... odd. Jade was fine, so she assumed her passengers were fine, but concern for her 'mares--haltered to the wagon as they were, and with that the potential for entanglements or worse--had her leaping to the ground and checking them out no sooner than they had ceased the descent. The cart itself seemed slightly wedged in a narrow corridor, but having confirmed BV and DV unharmed, between the two of them and herself that shouldn't be a problem either.

A voice was calling, the general? She should respond.

"We seem to be fine over here, at least I think so? Any updates, Lavinia?" The merchant figured the vampire would be checking up on the passengers in the back while she'd been investigating up front, but maybe that hadn't been the case? Time to find out.

Jade arrives at 13,39

"Jade? Lavinia? Who else is in your wagon?" Nessraya inquired... had the inhabitants of the wagon remained in one place? That would be fortunate if they had, but everything about this place was... strange. Everyone had been inside one cart or another to begin with, but several folk were now strewn about outside...

_______

As everything went to hell, Nisha's instincts took over... mainly to sink into the most shadowed corner of the wagon she had been occupying. When she came to... she was still hidden inside of a shadow, but rather than of the wagon she had been in, it was a nook in a strange, unfamiliar room. It was entirely made of an oddly cold stone... she couldn't see anyone familiar, nor could she hear... anyone, or anything, really. Peeking out from her little nook, she saw something... incredibly strange. It was a massive... egg? It looked like an egg, towering over her, nearly reaching the ceiling. It looked like there was a... human?, inside? She couldn't tell any particular details, but... what in the hell was that?

Nisha poofs into existence on 5,13

Unless earthquakes caused massive ground ruptures, this certainly wasn't one, not that Nashwa really had any chance of escape from it what with being inside a wagon, now plummeting down into the gaping abyss that had suddenly torn open in the wasteland. She had the means to slow her descent, but if she tried to do that now, she'd just slam into the wagon interior and get pinned by it...

...but once they'd been enveloped by darkness, she felt a pull that wasn't quite like falling, and neither did she feel the confines she'd been pinned within seconds earlier. Wings to full spread, at least try to soften her fall, but it wasn't working-- until it was. Just as suddenly as any of this had happened, the succubus felt her wings taking air again, though the few holes in them made her slowing down less efficient than it could've been. At least it meant that she wasn't going to crash hard and landed on her feet instead, with all of her gear still strapped on and accounted for. The odd, cool environs aside, it seemed she'd landed close to Nessraya, which was just about the best thing that could've happened, as far as Nashwa was concerned. "I'm here too, but, hey, Nessraya, you wouldn't know where the fuck this is!? Sure didn't see anything like this last time!"

Out of the unease this whole place was immediately giving her, she pulled the shotgun off her back and loaded it, keeping it pointed down for now. Best to be prepared in case something suddenly jumped at them. On the plus side, her mana felt stable now, aside from her 'normal' leakage...

Nashwa lands on 4-40.

A body wouldn't respond to a fall, not when it was already more or less unconscious.

But what was waiting at the bottom of the drop was a different matter.

Clarity came within a moment, even if she couldn't immediately get back on her feet. Someone calling to her. The feel of a hand on her body. Yes, she wasn't dead yet, and that she could feel again was more than proof enough of that. "If by 'alright' you mean to ask 'alive', then yes, it would seem I did not pay the price for my amateur error in judgment," she replied, feeling out her limbs a little before she'd roll over on her back, revealing the fair countenance of an elf with most unusual eyes. But she looked to be interested in her rescuer above all else now, curiously inspecting her horns, attire, and equipment. "And it would seem that I have quite the luck on my side, being rescued by one whose kind I do not recognize! Wherefrom might you hail, fair lady?"

The smile now on her face was, most definitely, at odds with the fact she'd just survived a near-fatal incident.

The mystery elf finds her bearings at 33-23.

Edited by JakezuGD

Well good, it appeared she was alive and well. The smile was slightly off putting considering her fate could have turned for the worse in an instant. But at least it was better than some darker alternatives. "I'm not from Xensat, I'm from Nanbu. My name is Ayane Kusanagi." She spoke as she looked her over in return, mostly to inspect for severe wounds and whatnot. "And I wouldn't call yourself lucky just yet...I don't think we're in a safe place." She then turned her eyes at the room around them. "On top of that all of my comrades are missing, unfortunate..."

----------------

Bridget wakes up at 47, 5

"Hhgh..." It all happened quite fast. With the ground giving faster than they could outrun, Agni ended up as one of the less fortunate, dealing with a hard crash. As he opened his eyes, he seemed alone, as well. "This isn't good." Immediately, he started worrying about the others. He reached for his belt, dagger on guard, before taking a few steps and taking the sights. "What kind of place would be sitting here in the middle of the wastes? I don't like any of this..."

Agni awakes at 25,3.

"Gah!" Taiyou sprang from the floor with a gasp, readily in fight or flight mode, scanning the walls and readying her lance. "C-cursed land..." She already hated the wastes for draining her as it were, intent in conserving energy for the rest of the trek. Now this--

"AH! Oh, it's you." She sighed, spotting Bridgit in a similar situation on her vicinity. Knowing she wasn't alone was of some relief, at least. "Well well, we'll have to find the others."

Taiyou awakes at 43,5.

• 2 weeks later...

Player Phase

MUfDnJn.png

Jade's call is answered with... Silence. Her cart contained only her goods, no other passengers, save for one very confused, afraid, and three headed dog.

Xalrei couldn't find Tenna because the priestess was locked to her back, clinging tightly. "Are... Are, w-we, dead...?"

"Do try to remain calm, Agni... This is... Ancient, but not hostile. Yet." Asami yawned, having landed quite close to the poor human, looking about the oddly lit chambers. "There's no way that this is... Mmm... But it must be... No, that... Then she'd be... No, no it can't possible be her." She was mumbling something, something trivial or important, who could say? "Well. Keep your eyes peeled... And try some of the nearby doors."

"Waaaauuuuhhhh..." Suki whined as she woke up next to Ayane and this weird elf woman, blinking, shrinking, and glancing between them. "Whhh... Where... We? You, safe? I, mmm... See miss Ayane, disappear. Panic. Run after to help, but... Can't, fly. Didn't think... Wuuuu..."

"Hah!? Jade!? Marina! Thesephine!?" Lavinia was up and swirling her head around, this wide chamber giving her sight to no one else but Gabriela, Lucille and-- "MARINA!" She seemed alright, but that fall, what had happened to all of them!?

You may move as you please and explore as you wish

Edited by Mel the DM

Lucille brought Villkiss to the ground and almost launched herself out the saddle, ignoring Marina's question for the moment. She noticed the much cooler air, and the fact that her magic was no longer being sapped, but she still felt tired and bothered, and only moreso as she rounded her partner. "Villkiss! Villkiss, are you alright?" The horse looked wobbly, and there was a look of fear in her eyes. One that lessened--but only just--as she saw the worried eyes of Lucille. At a glance, Lucille could tell that Villkiss was exhausted all of the sudden. "...Were the wastes that draining with everything else?" Lucille rubbed her hand on the winged horse's head, "I'm sorry, Villkiss. I, didn't really think too much about you then..." There wasn't much more that Lucille could have done--other than what she did--but it still rubbed her the wrong way to see her mount like this. Lucille wanted to let Villkiss rest, but that would be difficult with the new problem all around them.

Lucille turned to Marina, "Are... you alright, Marina?" A tinge of frustration still in her voice. She was still quite upset over the events that preceded being dragged down here, but it wouldn't do for her to shut down now that they were in the thick of it. She had a fair bit to prove, apparently. Lucille felt a spark run up her arm; it seemed like her magic was mostly back to normal, and no longer being at threat of overheating allowed her tell to be fully on display again. A fact she half appreciated; there were more than a few people that she didn't want knowing how upset she got.  

Challenge

Spoiler

Amera yawned. Travel on wagon was always tiresome, especially travel through the wastes. She didn't have a lot of magic, but it always felt like whatever little she had was being sapped away no matter what... Hmmm... Something to do... Ah. Yes. Yes, that'll do~ Sliding over from her place of sitting in the wagon, Amera leaned against Seilan... Paying no attention to Lucille at his other side. "Hey there... 'Captain'. Mmm, I wanted to apologize. I gave you a really, really rude first impression, and talked a lot of shit... But you handled yourself well, especially for a... What, fourth, in command?" She shrugged, leaning her entire shoulder against him, staring up at him. "Your magic was really cool~ Wanna tell me some more about it?" A big, fanged smile, met Seilan's face, with a slight narrowing of her eyes... And plenty of pretty eyelash batting.

Seilan blinked himself back awake a little, having been rather idle in the wagon. He was distinctly aware of the weight of Amera leaning on him after her abrupt approach, hesitating for a moment. "Ah...? Er, Amera...?" He glanced at the unusually friendly monster, met with her smile, question, and tease. Feels like I've explained my magic to quite a few people as of late... perhaps it'd be easier to give a lecture to the curious? Ah, well... He decided to brush aside her small jab. She certainly seemed the type to keep prodding the same point, if this 'Captain' joke of hers was any indication. "Sure... something like that. I don't mind telling you more, if you're actually interested." He looked back briefly at Lucille, sitting on his other side; this situation definitely had a bit of an awkward tinge to it, all of a sudden.

"Of course I am! Look, I'm just a meathead, really. The only reason I can even use magic at all is because of my lineage, and all them fancy tomes are just confusing... I just pick up thunder tomes, feel the spell, and cast it. Haven't ever read one of them." She smiled like this was normal, snuggling up closer to him... Sliding a hand onto his leg. "Maybe you can give me a private seminar on how it works? Finally put some knowledge into my brain? You managed to hold your unit together after all those horrible battles... You must be good at leading a room. Right, 'captain'?"

Even having heard the unfamiliar voice speaking with Seilan, and leaning into him. It was much too hot, and the wastes were bothering her too much to care. That was until she continued, something about a private seminar and a hand on his leg. It really was none of her business, they weren't exactly anything beyond friends at this point, and maybe she was just asking for assistance. "Reading a tome is probably a better place to start, all things considered." Lucille interrupted, a quiet huff following. "Though... really if you can already cast to decent degree without really knowing what you're doing, reading the tome doesn't really help you unless you wanted to devise your own. And I feel like you know his name." It was a bit late for that thought however. At least she'd made the conversation about magic, that was at least somewhere where Lucille could converse easily even in the draining atmosphere. 

As she pressed ever closer, he found himself at a loss for words, only able to vaguely mumble something incoherent along the lines of 'too close' and 'what are you doing'; it was only once Lucille cut in that he regained a measure of composure. Somehow, this was rather worse mentally than the first time they'd met, and to say that meeting had been rather aggressive would be putting it lightly... He cleared his throat awkwardly. "Ahem. A-Angelise is right. If your primary interest in magic is for fighting, then an intuition for casting is... ah, much more important than having an... understanding of the underlying principles." He was blushing quite fiercely now; it was no secret even to him that she was flirting, and with Lucille behind him he was becoming fantastically puzzled at how to respond. 

"Well, Angelise can keep her comments to herself, unless she wants to join us for your lovely speaking." Ah, so this is how it is~ Sorry, girlie, but I'm gonna play with him for a bit... Bear with this. "Mmm... Maybe I'm looking for some more knowledge so that I can go that way with my life. Don't tell me, you're not interested... Surely you'd love to have a willing and attentive student, right? All for yourself..." She gave his leg a gentle squeeze, giggling quietly. "I can wait until we get to Hwein. Doesn't have to be until we have some nice, solid walls between rooms. Don't want your talking late into the night to keep others up."

Lucille's eyes narrowed at cat woman's near complete dismissal of her. She thought for a moment and then smiled, "I really wouldn't mind joining for this seminar... I don't suppose you'd mind if I helped him teach you, right?" If nothing else, the woman was brazen, to the point of nonsense. Was this what Seilan had to deal with the whole time? She'd have to ask about this later; this seemed a bit too... heavy handed. The innuendos weren't lost on her at least, her time with Coteon saw to that. "It would probably help if you backed off a little so he could catch his breath... Damned heat and this... whatever this is sapping our mana makes it hard to think sometimes, so give him some space, will you?" Lucille had said that not realizing that she had slid a bit closer to him, herself. 

"... Do you want me to give you some space, Seilan? Be honest. Very, very honest." She leaned up to his ear as she asked, breathing nice and hot into it.

"H-huh?!" He jumped up in his seat for a moment at the sudden breath, rather overwhelmed by Amera's... overall demeanor. "You're, ah... undoubtedly rather close for how well we know one another... not that I prefer how you were when you were more suspicious than anything else, but, ah... y-yes, that would be good." He looked back for a moment to Lucille, his expression something approximating bewilderment at the situation. Lucille seemed rather less than pleased, although he supposed anyone would be, exposed to such a... one-sided conversation. It was hard to tell if her displeasure, clear as it was, ran any deeper than the surface reasons, though.

"Okay~" Amera leaned back, hand still on his leg, smiling like she didn't have a clue in the world. "You didn't answer me though. Don't you want a dummy like me to learn something important? If you think I'm just trying to get you into bed, you think too little of me... I'll listen. Genuinely. And then maybe I stay for extra credit~ How does that sound, professor~?"

"His name... is Seilan." Lucille said, her scant patience finally running out. "But if you want to learn something, here, I guess I can start right now. I don't really get what your goal with all of this is but you are actually an idiot if you think he hasn't caught onto the fact that you're playing with him." She backed off a little from Seilan, just in case her frustration elicited a spark. It might not considering that her magic, and energy were being sapped by the wastes and the heat. But also in case the cat woman reacted badly. She took a breath, and crossed her arms, "You say you'll listen and yet, you still haven't really given him any space, and are ignoring me as well. Really seems to lend credence to what you're saying."

"I backed away. He never told me to stop touching him. He can fight his own battles, Angelise... And I know his name is Seilan. Seilan Landsridge. It's a pet name for him, Captain, or Professor... While I might be playing with him, I'm not lying. At least I'm brave enough to be up front about what I want... Your jealousy reeks." She stuck her tongue out, blowing a raspberry at Lucille, before focusing back on the unfortunate thunder mage, all smiles. "What'll it be then, Captain Landsridge~?" 

"I believe I will give the both of you and all other interested parties a rather thorough explanation of the intricacies and pitfalls of my magic. That would be... convenient." There was somewhat of a pounding headache forming; certainly only the result of the draining effects of the surrounding wastes. He was, after all, in good health and in good company; it could not have been aught else, for that would imply something peculiarly out of place on their wagon journey.

"Hey, great! I can't wait to listen~ I'll make sure to stay for after classes, get the extra lessons, and show you just how good of a student I can be~" Innuendo aside, Amera was far from lying; truly, with thunder magic being her only claim to understanding of anima magic, getting to learn more about it from someone rather easy on the eyes was something she didn't even have to pretend to be excited about. "Any... Studying, you want me to do beforehand~?" She pushed the envelope, rubbing the hand still on his leg against it.

The cat's words hit Lucille harder than perhaps even the dragon's fist from that fateful night. Lucille froze; the cat figured her out and promptly shelved her. Lucille got very quiet, her left hand quickly moving to her right. Her moment with Thesephine tempered her just enough to not attack as she did when Ariana had done just about the same thing. "I... think that will be just fine." Lucille almost inaudibly replied, turning away from the pair to avoid making herself more upset. As much as she wished it wasn't the case at the moment, the cat was an ally, and saving her magic was definitely the preferred option. If it wasn't for these wastes, this heat and... Seilan... I'd... She let the thought trail, and simmered quietly. Content to not prove the insufferable cat more correct.

"It'll be a good time, then~" Amera cooed, having heard Lucille's desperate whispers. Animal hearing had its perks. Without missing a beat, Amera pressed her advantage, leaning up and kissing Seilan on the cheek-- was that tongue? --before leaning away from him and starting to crawl away... Curiously shaking her hips. "I'll see you then~ Do keep my extra credit offers in mind... Professor~"

As the cat finally slipped away, he had to resist letting out a somewhat exasperated sigh. It seemed there was approximately a whole one of them that was content eith the way things had just gone, now; and it wasn't him. It was going to be a long ride back to Hwein, if this was how things were going to be. At least he would be home, soon enough; and if things kept this pace perhaps he could... weather her assaults, so to speak. As long as it were this and naught else.

Some time passed since she heard the cat slink away. She was mildly impressed with herself that she'd managed to not fly off the handle, especially considering that she was nothing short of furious. But, she didn't really know if it was at the cat, or at herself, for being so transparent that someone she'd never even met before this moment was able to so accurately describe her. She was jealous just then, and she hadn't said anything to Seilan about how she was starting to feel. In actuality, as far as Amera had shown, Lucille hadn't even really shown that she was remotely interested in that sort of way. She turned and looked over at Seilan, still fuming a bit. There wasn't any reason for her to be really upset at the cat, when she understood that perhaps she felt the same sort of way. Seilan was... definitely someone that Lucille would call beautiful, and attractive. The cat... just had the confidence to say and do what she meant. But that also meant that she, too, had the chance to make herself known. If this feeling was real, she was going to have to do what she could to protect it, for once in her life.

"Bravery, huh... I, I can do that too. I... care about him too." 

Another moment, and Lucille heard Lavinia calling for Marina--she and Gabriela were little ways away in the chamber--and that brought another question to mind, "Wait... where's Ayane and the Bird? They fell with us, didn't they?" Another spark up her arm. Well, there was a good thing about the happenstance of Lavinia and Gabriela falling so close. Lucille wasn't going to have to talk much and could leave it to the others, she was already not in a very good mood, and circumstances were just making her more so. She didn't want to snap at Marina, or anyone else, again. "Marina, we should go and meet up with them. I might be a little slow. Villkiss needs a moment." In line with her terse words, she didn't bother waiting for Marina's response, and she gently took Villkiss's reins and started leading her towards Lavinia and Gabriela. Somehow, this trip had gotten even worse than she'd expected. Another spark ran up her arm. 

"What a terrible day..." She whispered to herself. 

Lucille is focused on tending to Villkiss. Movement halved (Rounded up so -3 movement for 4 move)!
Lucille moves to 47, 43!

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

Looking around, Bladen couldn't see any of his friends. All that he could see was walls and floors and strange lights and a few locked chests. He called out, not sure if anyone could hear him. "Hello? Gabi?? Anyone?" He moved forward, sword drawn, hoping to find a friend.

42-46, open chest

Marina flinched a bit at Lucille's question. Just the way she asked, she tried to not let it bother her. "I'm alright, better than I probably would've been if not for you. Thank you, Lucille." She did her best to be nice, maintaining some positivity between them. She heard someone yell for her, she saw... Lavinia, in the distance. "Ahh, there's..." She started, before she stopped to listen to Lucille tend to Vilkiss.

"No problem Lucille, I'll take point, keep you and Vilkiss safe until you two are ready to go." She smiled to them, and took point, blade in hand.

Marina moves to 48,43

Fyl had floated sofly to the ground, waiting a moment for the others to wake up. After feeling down from how the wastes drained his mana, the ruins was a stark change. It seemed to almost be exuding essence, in a creepy way.

"Hmmm... could this have anything to do..." It was hardly the time for theories, but such a place held way too many mysteries to keep one's mind quiet. "Well well, what do I do here..."

"How about stick together? We're already split from the rest of the group, and I don't like the look of this place." Taiyou chimed in, turning to the fairy with a frown. Though she wasn't as magically alligned as the fae race, it was plain as day to her that something was unusual in the air. "I'll take the lead."

Taiyou moves to (43,10)

"Fair enough... well, let's follow along, Miss... Vasili, right?"

Fyl moves to (45,5)

Bridgit to (44,7)

"Not hostile yet, huh? That's not the best way to word it if you're hoping to calm me down." Agni chuckled, "But noted, I will keep my eyes peeled." Taking a deep breath, he lowered his grip on his dagger, walking towards one of the doors before working its mechanism.

"Hmm... this thing's about to fall apart..."

Agni to (22,4), open door.

Immediately, as the door was forced open, one thing was vividly apparent --a tall, egg-like construction that seemed to hit the room's ceiling. The insides were translucent, with an humanoid form seeming to float within --a humanoid shape, at least, it was too murky to see.

"Well, isn't that something..." Agni still was trying to process that. "So what do you think this means, Asami?"

"I'm... Not sure."

Asami to 22,5, dance Agni
+15 exp

"This one is beyond me, even if I sort of recognize the architecture... I can feel a magical presence. I don't really know who or what, but, stay on guard, Agni..."

To Gabriela's surprise, Bladen was nowhere to be found. Where could he have gone off to? More importantly.. where were they in the first place? While she was pondering about that very query, she noticed someone else next to her but Lavinia. ''General Lavinia! Are you hurt?'' but after that question, she noticed two others there, Marina and Lucille. She tried waving to the both of them. Unfortunately, she was still weak from the fall and the general mana sapping business, but she did her best.

Gabriela moved to 43, 40.

"Ah, Suki?" She turned to her, surprised she found herself with them too. "...we'll find the others, don't worry. I have far too much to do to let this be my final rest." It appeared no one else she knew was around, so whatever was left of the leader in her woke up to take charge. She turned to the door nearby and stepped to open it.

Ayane moves toward 32, 24 to try to open the door.

Nashwa had replied, clearly irritated, but seemingly no worse for wear, mental state aside. The complete silence from Jade's cart was... concerning, however.

"No, Nashwa... I haven't a clue where we are. It's clearly magical in nature, just from how we ended up here... it isn't as though there's a large sinkhole above for us to climb back out of. Hmm..." Perhaps the existence of this place was what caused the wastes to sap mana to begin with? For it's maintenance? It was impossible to tell just how large the labyrinth was from their current vantage point, but if it was sprawling enough... perhaps it laid beneath the wastes in their entirety?

"All we can do is try to find our bearings. Jade, see if anyone is unconscious inside of your cart. I worry that it's inhabitants may have been strewn about during pour descent. As for the rest of us... try to look around, we need to cover ground. I want you to relay what you're seeing vocally. If you can't see, nor hear anyone else, then stray no further. We don't know what we're dealing with here." The General noted... if nothing else, her position at the junction of their current area was helpful to see a decent ways. The first thing that caught her eye was a strange glyph on the floor...

Nessraya to 9,34

Popping out of the small enclave... there was no one she recognized anywhere within this room. That was... worrying. Nisha didn't like feeling quite so... exposed. Were something to happen, she'd pretty much need to face it head on, far from her ideal situation. 

"Just great... h-hey, anyone in there? I can see... someone. Can you hear me, are you awake?" Nisha cautiously asked, slowly advancing towards the odd egg, axe in hand just in case. The thought slipped through her mind that perhaps it's inhabitant was one of her comrades who had awoken before her... or perhaps hadn't awoken at all... 

And time to clear that thought out of her head. No bloody good it would do, and it was creepy as all hell. Finally coming up to the towering fixture, Nisha noted a strange symbol on the floor behind it... not assuaging her earlier fear that perhaps someone had unfortunately would up trapped in the thing. Urgh, just drop it... placing her hand on the shell of the egg, Nisha tested how it felt to the touch.

Nisha to 7,15, give the "Egg" a poke

"...Yeah. It's not something we can ignore, either way." Remaining on guard Agni did, one hand on the hilt of his knife. He walked careful steps towards the egg-like construct, watchful eyes for any reactions in the surrounding of the room. "There's a weird pattern on the floor over there..." Agni decided to err on the side of caution and not approach both at once.

Agni to (21,7), inspect the egg.

Odd, Lavinia should have answered by now, or even the fallen star or another passenger. Yet all that Jade's hearing could detect was a frightened whimpering belonging to Tres. Very disconcerting.

Having pulled the cart free of the blockage, the merchant climbed back up in it, slightly frantic as she searched, the general's voice scarcely registering as the obvious follow up question came. Not that Jade could have accurately answered it before the checks she was doing, since she'd trusted that the vampire would have had all that covered. But there was. no. vampire.

Fingers shaking, the zombie slid her pipe into her mouth, fishing for some tobacco from her pouch, dropping it to the floorboards of the driver's compartment, before finally retrieving it and managing a light. Would it calm her nerves? She certainly hoped so. Another, repeated call from the general. This time properly caught and understood.

"I'm at a loss. She was right here beside me," Jade paused for a puff, and struggled to keep the shrill from rising to her voice. "There's no reason why she shouldn't still be here, why they all shouldn't be, and yet..."

She gave the reins a nervous shake and slowly eased the cart out, driving towards where the other voices had been coming from, but not quite at full speed. This strange place they had fallen into clearly held some secrets. One of them seemed close, and worth investigating.

Jade to 10,37