Non seasonal alts you'd like to see

Jotari

So one thing that's really jumping out to me with the ascended hero Joshua is that he's a knife unit. At first glance this might just seem sort of random tongue Tina swordmaster, but Joshua can promote to assassin in Sacred Stones.  So there is a basis for it. There's a basis for a lot of different weapons when it comes to Sacred Stones. And they're filling out the roster quick so we might see stuff like cavalry Lute or bow cavalry Dieck given enough time. We've also had several threads over the years about seasonal you'd like to see, so why not have the parallel thread. What non seasonal alts would you like to see. Generally what alts would you like to see that are based on weapon or movement types characters have but aren't using rather than seasonal's "anything goes to have more interesting weapons" approach.

Sword cavalry Mist, staff flier Elincia, and Master Knight Lachesis have been my big longshot legendary hopes, and they'd work quite nicely as Ascendants as well.

In general, I like characters who start as infantry and promote to cavalry having access to both versions.

Edited by Othin

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sword cavalry Mist, staff flier Elincia, and Master Knight Lachesis have been my big longshot legendary hopes, and they'd work quite nicely as Ascendants as well.

In general, I like characters who start as infantry and promote to cavalry having access to both versions.

What weapon would you give master kight Lachesis?

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Sword cavalry Mist, staff flier Elincia, and Master Knight Lachesis

these ones (i'd make Master Knight Lachesis either a Colorless/Red Bow cavalry unit or a Colorless/Red/Green Tome cavalry unit), and i'd also like to see Ascended Levin (with Sage outfit) or even Mythic Forseti (both Colorless Tome infantry units (but i guess Forseti might be flier, for the same reason Altina is))

there's actually not many characters i'd like to see getting non-seasonal alts, because i hated them in 2018 and i still hate them right now

Edited by Yexin

45 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What weapon would you give master kight Lachesis?

Most likely a sword or tome, but I'd also be fine with a lance or axe. I wouldn't want her to get a bow since that would overlap with Leif's Master Knight versions, and of course I wouldn't want her to get a staff again. Other than that I don't care much. Sticking to red or blue would be nice for color variety, though.

Chrom-

Awakener, awakened Falchion and his great lord costume. 

Risen king/fallen. But if they just put purple smoke behind base Chrom and call it a day I don’t want it. 

Robin- Grandmaster. M or F, but I don’t need both personally. Use levin sword that I guess just attacks their resistance instead of defense 

corrin-Valleite noble design from cipher for F, Hoshidan noble for M. Also no Corrins use Magic/Healing which is what separates Hoshidan and Nohrian so maybe use those weapons. 

Olivia-the promotion outfit from warriors. Non canon but looks cool and I don’t see why not. 

Dimitri-Lord class. His animations were clean in the base Lord class, but maybe use swords because we don’t need young Dimitri with infantry Lance and swords are Dimitri’s secondary anyway. 

Edward-I’m feeling he will be added as a seasonal unit but I want his base costume and his true blade costume 

those are the ones I’m pining for, other than some post TS alts but I feel those are coming this year now that every pre ts student is in. 

Dimitri - Holy Knight in honor of Rodrigue and also because it felt weird for him not to be a mounted unit. So I guess that'd be a Mounted Green or Blue Mage unit? Or maybe a Mounted Healer.

Lucina - Give me a Lucina based off of every potential mother, if only to troll people. We have Grandmaster Lucina (or Grimeal Lucina in the Fallen banner), Valkyrie Lucina, Paladin/Great Knight Lucina, Flyer Lucina, and Dancer Lucina. Villager Lucina can be the NPC and damsel in distress of this particular mind-screw.

Lyn still doesn't have a version with the Mani Katti.

We're also still missing Zelgius in his Begnion armor. Even if it means it'll be a third version of him as a sword armor, I certainly wouldn't mind.

I also still want to get Hasha no Tsurugi's version of Zephiel dual-wielding Eckesachs and the Binding Blade.

We also still don't have a version of Robin in their Grandmaster outfit. For whatever reason, they decided Legendary Robin would still be in her Tactician outfit again, which was a wasted opportunity.

I also want Radiant Dawn versions of Mia and Nephenee since I like their designs better than their Path of Radiance versions'.

And somehow, we also don't have Amelia in her Recruit outfit. We have significantly fewer infantry lances than swords or axes and can definitely use more.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lyn still doesn't have a version with the Mani Katti.

Just because I like him a lot as a character, I'd actually love to sesee Glass use the Mani Katti instead of Lyn. Though it would be nice to have a sword Lyn that's worth a damn.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Most likely a sword or tome, but I'd also be fine with a lance or axe. I wouldn't want her to get a bow since that would overlap with Leif's Master Knight versions, and of course I wouldn't want her to get a staff again. Other than that I don't care much. Sticking to red or blue would be nice for color variety, though.

Actually I just remembered we have the Earth Sword which hasn't been used yet and is something of an obvious choice.

Edited by Jotari

Valkyrie Cherche- They haven't given my girl anything, and I'm scared of some potential Nowi Duo. She can have the high Atk/Def low Spd/Res stat line.

Skögul Matilda- Another shafted character. The overclasses from Echoes were pretty cool, unfortunate for how they were implemented there. This class had 9 mov, so potentially Lance L!Sigurd.

Warmaster Byleth- This isn't necessarily a CYL thread, but if he does win at some point I'd expect this kind of alt. I like the design of the class, but since we pretty much aren't getting Brawling in FEH he would wield axes. He could be an axe version of Alm with the Tempest built into his weapon.

20 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

He'd be better than everyone in the game if he could only unsheathe it.

He attacks with it still in its sheath. As a result it's classed as an axe. 

1 hour ago, LoneStar said:

The overclasses from Echoes were pretty cool, unfortunate for how they were implemented there.

Oh, right. I forgot to mention Harrier Faye. Because the Cipher card looks really cool.

I'll throw Xane out there. He'd be an alt of his Halloween version, as well as a permanent pool unit, so therefore a non-seasonal alt. I'd like to see how his main gimmicks translate over to Heroes beyond stat copying. They could make his attack animation throwing away his dragonstone at the enemy if he hasn't copied another unit for a turn, lol

Gray, Tobin, Kliff, and Faye might be neat to see in promoted forms. I think their "canon" classes are Mercenary, Archer, Mage, and Pegasus Knight/Cleric (in that order), if I recall correctly.

Emperor Arvis is a pretty obvious pick. I really hope he gets a Mythic someday, although you could make the argument that it's seasonal to an extent since it's a rare unit.

I think a younger Greil/Gawain in his prime might be neat to see. Make him a duo unit with Elena or something.

1 hour ago, indigoasis said:

I'll throw Xane out there. He'd be an alt of his Halloween version, as well as a permanent pool unit, so therefore a non-seasonal alt. I'd like to see how his main gimmicks translate over to Heroes beyond stat copying. They could make his attack animation throwing away his dragonstone at the enemy if he hasn't copied another unit for a turn, lol

Gray, Tobin, Kliff, and Faye might be neat to see in promoted forms. I think their "canon" classes are Mercenary, Archer, Mage, and Pegasus Knight/Cleric (in that order), if I recall correctly.

Emperor Arvis is a pretty obvious pick. I really hope he gets a Mythic someday, although you could make the argument that it's seasonal to an extent since it's a rare unit.

I think a younger Greil/Gawain in his prime might be neat to see. Make him a duo unit with Elena or something.

I'd like to see Greil mainly because Ettard is a cool looking sword that I want in the game and it doesn't look like they're giving it to Ike any time soon.

5 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Various people are saying "Emperor Arvis" and I second this, especially as an armor mage with something like Bolganone. Sure, he'd still be a red tome user, but it's a nice nod to the end of Part 1 of FE4, I think, while maybe having him reflect on how that particular move was a mistake.

Also, HECK YEAH I'd love to see Gawain as a unit, and I'm all for Elena getting in too! Depending on whether his kids were born yet or not, I'm sure meeting his progeny (Mist, Ike, Priam) would be kind of overwhelming! It'd be especially cool if he was still one of the four riders.

As for picks of my own, Arcsage Soren and Lord version Ike are a couple of ones I'd like to see. I'd also like a Fallen Griel. I want to see what a terror he was when he touched the emblem, and I mean things like art and voice acting more than actual stats. As has been mentioned, Valkyrie Mist would be nice, too. Also, Muarim + Tormod as a duo unit -- perhaps with Tormod still being a baby and riding the green tiger around while Muarim works at protecting him. Which also brings me to Elena + Mist as a duo singer, singing their lullaby (Mist is a baby.) I know that the child alts are seasonal units, but there's also a canon precedent, so just feel free to ignore them if you want to. Also, promoted Sothe would be cool. I remember liking his promoted outfit from RD. Ah, and Almedha as a dragon!

Getting away from Tellius, it would be neat to see Child Duo Julia and Julius, or at least Julius before he was turned wicked. It's easy to forget that he used to be a nice guy.

I would also like to see a res tank version of Ashe, especially as a Holy Knight from Three Houses, either wielding a staff or a blue tome (light magic) since that's always what I run him as. The dude is fantastic at tanking magic, actually. Likewise, it would be nice to have Mercedes wielding a bow since that's where her hidden talent is. I also second Lord Dimitri wielding a sword since you need to get that rank up in order to get into the Lord class, and because even some of Dimitri's supports show him using a sword.

Though I think base Shura should wield his highwayman bow, it would be awesome to see Ninja Shura sometime. I know the ninja thing is a seasonal banner, but Shura legit came from a ninja village and it would be cool seeing him in his ninja attire since we never got to see official art of it.

People are saying sword Dimitri, but I don't really feel it. We have too many sword infantry and notnenough lancen infantry, so I like how they've used Dimitri for so many lance infantry units. If we were to see Dimitri in his Lord design, I'd rather give him the oath dagger as plot relevant weapon. Though a child Edelgard (or child Edelgard Dimitri duo) could work for using the oath dagger too.

Of the three lords I'd still like to see one get a sword, that being Claude, given he does have a prf sword in Three Houses. Though I think he could use it on his wyvern.

And while talking about all the lords, she has a million alts already, but if Edelgard is to get another I'd want to represent her magic abilities.

Edited by Jotari

I think I pick some that I would like to see as non-Seasonal Alts happen are:

1. Blade Lord Lyn with the Mati Katti
  2. Master Knight Lachesis
  3. Great Lord Chrom
  4. Hoshidoian Prince Corrin
  5. Diva Azura
  6. Spoilers from Three Houses
Spoiler

Saint Rhea

I could see Karel as an ascended hero on a FE6 banner in his Sword Saint form.

Perhaps Lewyn in his "possessed" form on the next FE4 banner. That's likely going to be a gen2 banner?

Maybe FE7 Bartre and a infantry version of Eliwood if they have to make alts. Id rather not see regular alts tbh.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:42 PM, indigoasis said:

Not that FE Heroes pays much attention to what character deserves what label but wouldn't Arvis be more suited as a legendary rather than a mythical hero?

While not exactly canon, I reclass Frederick into Griffon Rider on my 1st Awakening playthrough and absolutely love the design. It is a class exclusive to Awakening too, whoever is the ascended heroes of Awakening could be one (unless it's Nowi, Tiki or the Taguels).

We still don't have Nosferatu or Levin Sword that is close to the originals in mainline FE. We have weapons that are essentially these two like Nailah healing per hit or SoV Palla Ladyblade with adaptive damage, but not the design. I know these two existed long before in the series but Robin is the iconic Levin Sword user for me, and Tharja with Nosferatu because it just fit her personality so well. 

There are so many Corrin Alt but none of them is wielding any Yato variant, which is a shame because I think Blazing and Alpha Yato looks much cooler than Omega Yato. Both Kana wield Blazing and Shadow Yato in the DLC so that could work too.

Witch and Dread Fighter in Fates are also useful and cool looking. Nyx could be the witch (If I am going all out I would reimagine her as adult that finally breaks her curse and grow into a witch), and Saizo as Dread Fighter. Saizo and Kaze are also the closest thing we have to Christmas Knights in Fates, so maybe Cavalry version of them dressing up as typical Christmas Knights.