My wish for exploration.

For those who dislike Exploration and Monastery run, DON'T READ MY SPOILER !!

Spoiler

Exploration for me is pretty not bad but take a little many times (Find lost item, Share a meal, Dialogue, Increase Support, Tea Party...), the little disappointed is the exploration is only in Garreg Mach and Byleth only for here is my wish to make exploration great.

- Exploration with all playable characters (Recruited only). I am very happy to explore with Edelgard/Dimitri/Claude.

- Exploration outside in Garreg Mach (Forrest, Gronder Field, Enbarr, Fhirdiad, Derdriu, Sand Desert, Western Church...)

- Add jump action (Double jump if possible) and attack action (For Exemple attacking the old box, grass to take a gald, material.

That all for exploration I want. If you have another idea to fix a exploration. Please comment it.

Definitely would have like to have seen exploration of Enbarr, Fhirdiad, Derdriu for each of the classes:

Aftermath in Gronder Field and Enbarr outskirts would have been cool for the two of the (near-)final Chapters in AM and VW.

Enbarr main office for CF right before Chapter 12, and Fhirdiad Outskirts right before the final chapter.

I'd have loved to see other areas to explore but I also understand that that sort of thing takes a lot of resources/time on the part of the game devs and those resources are probably better spent elsewhere. It'd be pretty hard to do something like Enbarr justice without major effort sunk in. But I agree that maybe one or two other instances like CF Chapter 12 (post-Gronder? I like that idea) would be neat, for relatively less effort required. There were a few times where going back to the monastery felt pretty unrealistic.

I'd also have liked to walk around as other characters but that's my personal disagreement with how 3H does things: the game obviously wants me to identify with Byleth and I don't (not particular to 3H, I don't really insert myself onto video game avatars in general).

I'm just as happy there's no attack action, though. Attacking boxes/grass randomly to get stuff is a time-waster that I can do without, and it's a bit silly to be swinging your sword around in a friendly area like that. It'd make a bit more sense if you were roaming dungeons like in SoV (but personally I'm glad not to).

I think when I first started this game I was impressed and a little overwhelmed that they introduced what seemed to be a full blown persona like overworld between chapters, but it became obvious not too long after that they didnt really come up with a lot of things to actually keep you busy in the monastery and it just becomes a chore in part 2 epsecially if its ng+ and you have a high professor rank/lot of free time.