Other attractive guys make me feel uncomfterble

♠Soul♠

You know that weird thing when you see someone that's "supposed" to be more attractive, like if they're taller and have like one of those really mainstream haircuts. It bugs me because I don't really give a shit, but I know society (and thereby women) consider that more attractive, and I have like this feeling I'm "supposed" to abide by those same rules and thereby lower in this made up social hierarchy.

And it bugs me because I don't really agree with it deep down, but you're so used throughout the years to have adopted this societal conditioning, that it's what ends up weighing on me in that way.

Does anyone feels this way about similiar subjects? Like as if you're supposed to nod and take things for granted and agree with them, even if you really don't in a deep part of you.

I guess so? I do not give a shit about clothing in most cases, but the tyranny and oppression of the fashion industry and American prudishness forces everyone to wear wasteful garments even if they do not want to. I do not mind walking around like a caveman, especially during the summer when it gets hot here in California. But "Nooooooo!" says evil American prudes, and they are forcing their sick and narrow minded opinions on everyone else, shackling them in fabric, and shaming people for being comfortable in their skin.

And fuck uniforms and dress codes. If a work place wants employees to dress a certain way, the damned business should pay for it, not employees.

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

I guess so? I do not give a shit about clothing in most cases, but the tyranny and oppression of the fashion industry and American prudishness forces everyone to wear wasteful garments even if they do not want to. I do not mind walking around like a caveman, especially during the summer when it gets hot here in California. But "Nooooooo!" says evil American prudes, and they are forcing their sick and narrow minded opinions on everyone else, shackling them in fabric, and shaming people for being comfortable in their skin.

And fuck uniforms and dress codes. If a work place wants employees to dress a certain way, the damned business should pay for it, not employees.

What's with your obsession about these "american prudes".

11 minutes ago, ♠Soul♠ said:

Some people are so depraved of ethics that can do nought but writhe against them.

Don't worry about being conventionally attractive. I certainly have a similar feeling about other, non-appearance related subjects. However, we must strive to emulate my Short King friends, who exceed towards the good, and not the appearance of the good.

It's more so about the paradigm sorrounding being attractive, like I feel those guys (or chicks) expect you to kneel for them or sum shit. Think of it, if you've been attractive your whole life, you basically get special treatment for free, and then you probably just expect it to be that way. It's not like I have something agaisnt them for being attractive, as much as said paradigm and social narrative sorrounding it.

1 minute ago, ♠Soul♠ said:

It's more so about the paradigm sorrounding being attractive, like I feel those guys (or chicks) expect you to kneel for them or sum shit. Think of it, if you've been attractive your whole life, you basically get special treatment for free, and then you probably just expect it to be that way. It's not like I have something agaisnt them for being attractive, as much as said paradigm and social narrative sorrounding it.

You'll be better off not worrying about what other people talk about how you look... Unless you're looking for someone or trying to impress somebody important.

1 hour ago, ♠Soul♠ said:

I am not obsessed with them. They are obsessed with me! Their nosy ass is interfering with my life! It might be the middle of winter right now, but I do not look forward to being sweaty and in my soggy clothes when summer comes back.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not obsessed with them. They are obsessed with me! Their nosy ass is interfering with my life! It might be the middle of winter right now, but I do not look forward to being sweaty and in my soggy clothes when summer comes back.

FOK EM

3 hours ago, ♠Soul♠ said:

Well, that follows a certain train of logic, but I can't say I've had similar experiences.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Trust me, they want to forget you more than you can even dream of.

54 minutes ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

I could swear I've seen you post a topic on this before...

Yeah? Gonna arrest me, officer

36 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Well, what if I don't want to forget him?

I can sympathize with you, I used to have several body image issues in comparing myself to others. I tried improving myself, working out and loosing over 100lbs, and I still hated how I looked

Then I attempted drag one day and realized that I didn't hate how I looked, I loved looking feminine. That's when I realized I had dysphoria.

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

No, they do not. The prude extremists in this country are no different from prude extremists elsewhere, and they are all trying to dictate how people live their lives. My issue with them that affects me is just clothing, something relatively minor. If you are a woman, black, non-hetero, muslim, or whatever else that makes you really stand out or vulnerable, they are going to make your life miserable just because you are being you.

Edited by XRay

On 1/14/2022 at 10:50 PM, ♠Soul♠ said:

Yeah? Gonna arrest me, officer

You're not in my jurisdiction.

On the subject of Ninjamonkey, if you read my post, I could understand you objecting to Soul's perspective, but if you're not able to understand what he's trying to communicate (thinking it's not expressed clearly) IMO is kinda weird.