Special Heroes - Of Lost Kingdoms

Fire Emblem Fan

46 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Plegia banner also only had one Plegian on it

I know, and I complained about it then, too.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I know, and I complained about it then, too.

But again, what exactly is the appeal of a banner of Plegian characters in Plegian clothing?

The entire point of Special Heroes banners is to have units in novel outfits. It makes more sense to have at most one unit with native representation so that the other slots can be filled with novel picks.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But again, what exactly is the appeal of a banner of Plegian characters in Plegian clothing?

Culture! ^_^

Also, I think banners are best if they have either representation from only 1 game, or from 2 games.

Another thing I like about this banner is that we finally have a healer demote with actual fodder. No more +hp/whatever skills with a ok at best c slot support skill. Or demotes like Linhardt who decided to just go full day 1 with their kit. Xane is instead bringing a solo skill thats a lot more usefull on non healers and the actually good dazzling staff. I hope they keep going this route if they decide to demote another healer.

10 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Karla I at first thought was Altina (mostly thanks to seeing Nailah first), Xane I wasn't sure about at all, and Leanne I kept double checking to see if she had wings just to make sure. The semi-broken english helped.

I also thought Karla was Altine for a moment and Xane was mostly his attacking art looking a bit oddly.

Nailah: Hatari Scorcher is good for breaking walls.

I wish Karla: Sun-Piercing Steal is a ranged unit to better run Blazing Specials. She can still do so, but melee range is less ideal for nuking.

Serpentine Staff is fun and it sounds like a pain in the ass to deal with. It would be cool to pair with Flash on defense.

Azura: Hatari Duet is nice. Her C is kind of pointless on her though; Cross Spur Atk or Cross Spur Spd would have been more ideal. In my opinion, I think it would have been better if she was a flier since you also have the option of Orders. Her Sacred Seal is free to run Chills.

16 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

It doesn't matter if she's popular. They're going to have to keep recycling the same beast shifters if they want to keep adding to the beast roster.

Oh... that makes sense. they recycle the same laguz characters to avoid redoing beast sprites. Thats why they added Lyre (a not very popular character at all as far as I know, I mean, Ive seen people even saying that it wouldnt be a surprise if She NEVER made it to the game) to the NY banner, so they could reuse Lethe's beast sprite again. In this case, we can probably wait for OG Rafiel, OG Lyre soon and OG Kyza soon, I think.

3 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oh... that makes sense. they recycle the same laguz characters to avoid redoing beast sprites. Thats why they added Lyre (a not very popular character at all as far as I know, I mean, Ive seen people even saying that it wouldnt be a surprise if She NEVER made it to the game) to the NY banner, so they could reuse Lethe's beast sprite again. In this case, we can probably wait for OG Rafiel, OG Lyre soon and OG Kyza soon, I think.

My line of thinking was that there's not that many beast shifters to pull from the main series games, so unless they introduce new ones in Heroes itself (like Ash and Elm) they're going to have to keep reusing the same characters if they want to keep adding to beast roster (Hatari Nailah is only the 33rd beast unit in FEH).

But yeah, it is also good for cutting costs by reusing beast sprites instead of making new ones.

10 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Speaking of, I wonder how Xane's fans feel about this. He had a seasonal alt before, and now he reappears as another seasonal unit (and, I believe, the demote yet again.)

He is there, so that's already good news (and though his presence is a little out of left field, it doesn't not make sense), he's got nice art that looks a little retro, he's a staff unit so getting a demote statline won't stop him from being useful, he's got good skills (Dazzling? on a 4* unit?), and he's the demote so theoretically easier to get. I for one am pretty happy with the news. 😁

Always happy to see Nailah as well, and though Leanne is a cheerleader, at least she got something (and it doesn't stop her from getting to be the lead unit one day, maybe). Bit of a shame they didn't take advantage of her presence to make the harmonic a flying unit, but i suppose Leanne just doesn't have the Con to carry someone. (And that the game needed more cavalry refreshers.)

Karla... has good art. But I'd have traded her or Deen for a Rafiel in a desert outfit.

Stats [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

f8cg6i4kd6c81.png

Deen
Super Asset(s): Spd
Super Flaw(s): Def
*Spd/Def Snag 3 is the 4* unlock

Azura & Leanne
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def

Karla
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP, Res

Nailah
Super Asset(s): Atk, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd

Xane
Super Asset(s): Def
Super Flaw(s): none
*Dazzling Staff 3 is the 4* unlock.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Stats [SPOILERS]:

Hide contents

f8cg6i4kd6c81.png

Deen
Super Asset(s): Spd
Super Flaw(s): Def
*Spd/Def Snag 3 is the 4* unlock

Azura & Leanne
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def

Karla
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP, Res

Nailah
Super Asset(s): Atk, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd

Xane
Super Asset(s): Def
Super Flaw(s): none
*Dazzling Staff 3 is the 4* unlock.

Dumb question, but are those with or without the added Atk from the weapon's might?

41 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Dumb question, but are those with or without the added Atk from the weapon's might?

The pictured stats are the raw stats of each unit. It does not include stuff like weapon's might or any of their innate skills that boost their stats (like Fury 4 on Azura & Leanne).

29 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

When talking about raw stats, it is assumed to be without anything equipped. And if you also just look at the pictures, there is nothing equipped.

When doing a rough general comparison, you just want to look at the stat distribution and BST to see what kind of role the unit fulfills and how the unit compares to older units. There is no point in factoring skills since different builds want different skills and different stats.

Factoring in skills only makes sense once you are comparing units doing a very specific job, like Sweeping, super tank, Galeforce, etc.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:45 PM, Mercakete said:

Culture! ^_^

I am sorry, but it rubs me the the wrong way that it sounds like culture is NOT meant to be shared. Even in reality, many people do like it when foreigners wear their traditional clothes, that's why traditional formal clothes  rent is a thing. You're telling me only Chinese can wear qipao? Or the other way around, like Middle Eastern people only can wear turban all the time?  In reality or in fiction cultural appreciation is always nice, that's why it's not fun if the banner only represent one game.

3 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I am sorry, but it rubs me the the wrong way that it sounds like culture is NOT meant to be shared.

That's a misreading of what I said/an incorrect assumption of what I meant by what I said. The question I was answering was "What is the appeal of Plegian characters in Plegian attire?" The answer is that the characters are expressing and sharing their culture. Another way to say it is that the characters and the clothing have the culture in common, so it matches, which is appealing.