My Ideas for FE7 Remake

DoomRPG

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Didn't mean to imply your suggestion was any sort of a "rip-off". And it could be nice to get more Caelinternal politics, especially for a canton that ceases existing by the time of FE6.

No, impled my idea would be a rip-off. Maybe instead of a illegitimate child, a third brother of Lundgren and Hausen shows up and claims to be a better fit for the Caelin throne. Because he is male, and not Sacean, people support him, despite the dubiousness of his claim. 

And these events could lean into the fact that Caelin is rolled into Ostia at the end of the game. Maybe the lord trio could notice how unstable things truly are, either due to a lack of clear oversight, or certain individuals holding way too much power. Caelin being surrounded by other territories could also play a part, too many fronts to manage and not enough resources to do so effectively. Lyn mode could foreshadow this too, though I am not sure how specifically.

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Probably the best way to do it. Maybe include a fixed number of uses per chapter on each "first playthrough", then let the player adjust it to their liking on subsequent runs.

Probably, though I am open to other suggestions.