My Deck for B01 Format: Ogma is a chad

GlitchWarrior

So in memory of this game, I recently decided to start playing a format with my brothers where everyone's only allowed to use cards from each single set, after which we move onto the next one. I looked over set 1- which is all the promos, booster packs and starter decks in that era- and ultimately, I found a deck I think works really well.
Screenshot_20220118-111010.png

The first thing you might have noticed is "oh wow, that's a lot of cannon fodder". But most of it isn't meant to be cannon fodder. I want to keep it on the board. Because it just so happens that my Lord Unit for this deck, Ogma, likes having friends.

First of all, he gains +20 attack while I have at least two other units on my field with a cost of 2 or less. That condition is met by 78% of my deck (the last 22% being my eight Ogmas and my three Falco!Caedas. But that's not why Ogma is my Lord. His promotion is ripped as hell. 70 atk/def/res at *base,* and he can tap any number of allies to gain 10 atk for each one for that turn- and if his attack power goes over 100, he can smash two orbs at once. Given all 12 allies (which is VERY unlikely and honestly overkill, but possible) he can essentially become up to 190 attack. Pretty good, but the rest of my deck compliments that by being made of mostly low-cost units, a couple of which can still hold their own lategame.

- Draug has only 30 attack, but 50 defense. Bord and Cord are the opposite. They're my early-game tank and suicide bombs respectively, though there are reasons I might want to keep Bord and Cord alive.
- Linde and Gordin are 30-attack ranged units that can gain +10 if they want. Linde mostly fights enemy Draugs and Kellams, or is used as a draw engine when drawn for support. Gordin shoots down enemy pegasus and wyvern knights with an effective power of 70 on a cost 1.
- Navarre is a 2-cost card with 70 attack. This is counterbalanced by only being able to be supported by Caeda and Ogma, but that's still like a third of my deck. Late-game he's not as useful, but early-game he's a bomb.
- Marth is a 2-cost with 50 atk/def, but that goes up to 60 atk/def while I have at least two Red cards on the table besides Marth- and since Ogma counts as a Red card, that basically only means one other.
- Caeda's unpromoted form is geared toward fighting cavs and armors with her Wing Spear, but she can also reposition my party... and her promoted variant is kind of nuts. First of all, she can move for free at the start of her action, and second, if she nabs a kill, she can flip a bond to search my deck for any card that isn't another Caeda.
- Tiki is only 30 atk/def early on, but she becomes 60 atk/def from turn 4 on. Keep in mind that this is a 1-cost card.
- Lena serves as my deck's healer to recover allies and crit materials, and her presence powers up Julian, who can straight-up rob your opponent of their next draw/support if it's good, while also potentially drawing you a card if you have bonds to spare.

Last but certainly not least, there's Barst.

Barst is my deck's "alternate win condition." He's the epitome of a glass cannon, with only 60 attack and 40 defense, and unlike Bord and Cord he doesn't have a support skill. What he does have, however, is the ability to initiate a triangle attack, shooting his attack power from 60 to 110 during that turn and allowing him to smash two orbs as well- this can be devastating on an open field. Sadly, that 40 defense means he's likely going to die on the enemy's turn, but hey, we have Lena here for a reason. Keep pulling your Fighters from the discard pile and plop all three onto the board, and you're golden.

Sure, it's not as ridiculous as some later decks, but you also have to remember that this is just about all we had access to when the game first launched. We had stuff like this, and the starter decks- and honestly, most of the exclusives are kinda sidegrades at best. Not to mention that the starting card pool for Awakening decks (keep in mind in set 1, red and blue were the only playable colors) is not the best either. Maybe I just read some of those cards wrong.

But here's my question, and the first Cipher-related post of 2022: GIven only the cards in a single set of boosters, promos and decks, what would you build for these formats? Let me know below- I'm eager to hear what kinds of insanity you come up with.