Newbie here

Drougn

Hi everyone I just signed up. My online handle is Drougn. I've been a fan of fire emblem since FE 6 on GBA, and often hacked it with GameShark. I became homeless last year in april and am no longer struggling with winter, my limited entertainment is mostly my phone and roms. I'm new to FE ROM hacks and have really enjoyed Sacred Trinity. One thing I'd love to see in FE 8 was more units, and one idea I've always wanted to try was all three GBA games mashed into one massive collect your favorite characters across all 3 games, kinda like the robo taizen franchise (hope I spelled it right) so bring both Marcus's into FE 8 for example. If anyone knows any add-ons to base FE8 I'd love you hear about them, unfortunately I have no way to try modding myself.

Welcome to the forest! We hope that you'll have a great day and will enjoy your stay. I'm glad you were able to put those times behind you, and I hope things keep getting better.

Edited by Benice

Welcome Drougn! Always happy to see another rom hack enthusiast join the site 🙂 That thing about wanting to combine the three games is a great idea, I think someone on youtube used to make videos about the Fire Emblem universes getting combined like that. By add-ons do you mean just additions to the base game, or would you play new creations entirely? If it's the latter, I'm sure I'll have a bunch of recommendations for you based on how difficult you like your games! And most importantly, sorry to hear that you are homeless. I'm glad that you've made it through the worst of winter, keep up the good fight. I have been lucky enough to never experience such an unfortunate situation so I just want to let you know that if you need anyone to talk to about anything I will gladly lend you my ears, take care of yourself.

17 hours ago, TheRomHackist said:

Welcome Drougn! Always happy to see another rom hack enthusiast join the site 🙂 That thing about wanting to combine the three games is a great idea, I think someone on youtube used to make videos about the Fire Emblem universes getting combined like that. By add-ons do you mean just additions to the base game, or would you play new creations entirely? If it's the latter, I'm sure I'll have a bunch of recommendations for you based on how difficult you like your games! And most importantly, sorry to hear that you are homeless. I'm glad that you've made it through the worst of winter, keep up the good fight. I have been lucky enough to never experience such an unfortunate situation so I just want to let you know that if you need anyone to talk to about anything I will gladly lend you my ears, take care of yourself.

By add-ons I'm referring to adding to the base game, like with sacred trinity, he upgraded the difficulty, added new classes, skills, mini bosses and additional items to fire emblem sacred stones. A friend of mine said he'll lend me his old laptop so id like to know what programs to try hacking myself.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:41 PM, Drougn said:

By add-ons I'm referring to adding to the base game, like with sacred trinity, he upgraded the difficulty, added new classes, skills, mini bosses and additional items to fire emblem sacred stones. A friend of mine said he'll lend me his old laptop so id like to know what programs to try hacking myself.

Ah I see. Well I don't know many games that change sacred stones around like that, or at least not many of them that are worth playing. This may be a long shot since you've played The Sacred Trinity but have you played The Sacred War? Here's the feuniverse thread for it if you're interested 🙂 https://feuniverse.us/t/fe8-fire-emblem-the-sacred-war-complete/4867

• 2 weeks later...