Which characters don't show up as War Phase bosses for each route?

Title says it all.

I'm currently playing through Blue Lions for the first time, and this would be the final route that I have yet to complete for the first time. I've done all of the others, including Cindered Shadows, and tried to avoid recruiting characters that show up in War Phase as enemies, and avoid spoilers for this route. I'm hoping to continue my rule of not recruiting characters that show up as enemies in War Phase for Blue Li

I heard Marianne is a freebie for all routes... to say the least. Does that apply for Blue Lions as well?

For students:

• On CF, you don't fight Raphael, Marianne, or Lorenz.
  • On AM, you don't fight Marianne.
  • On VW, you don't fight Annette.
  • On SS, due to skipping Gronder, you don't fight any of the students except Ashe, Lorenz, Hubert, and Edelgard (who you always fight).

For non-students:

• Seteth, Flayn, Gilbert, Catherine, Cyril, Shamir, and Alois are fought on CF. (Shamir and Alois can be recruited to avoid seeing this.)
  • Hanneman and Manuela are fought in a paralogue on AM. (Both can be recruited to avoid seeing this.)
  • Jeritza is fought on every route except CF (as well as pre-timeskip on all routes).

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

For students:

• On SS, due to skipping Gronder, you don't fight any of the students except Ashe, Lorenz, Hubert, and Edelgard (who you always fight).

For non-students:

• Seteth, Flayn, Gilbert, Catherine, Cyril, Shamir, and Alois are fought on CF. (Shamir and Alois can be recruited to avoid seeing this.)
  • Hanneman and Manuela are fought in a paralogue on AM. (Both can be recruited to avoid seeing this.)
  • Jeritza is fought on every route except CF (as well as pre-timeskip on all routes).

I thought Lorenz not showing up in CF was weird, but I guess his family was technically siding with the Empire.

On 1/23/2022 at 12:18 PM, Dark Holy Elf said:

For students:

For non-students:

Thank you so much. I couldn't find a list this effective, so someone finally typing this out should allow others who are trying to do something similar to get the help they need.

(Also, I just had a deja vu moment, it seems that I dreamed up me saying this, so I unknowingly foresaw your answer I guess lmao)

• 2 weeks later...

So overall, the only units you'll have on every route are Byleth, the Wolves, Anna and Marianne, and depending on your ruleset maybe Lorenz, because:

-all of the Black Eagles and Jeritza are fought on non-CF or -SS routes, with Edelgard, Jeritza and Hubert also being fought on SS

-all of the Blue Lions are fought on CF, and all but Annette on VW (with Ashe also fought on SS and VW but being re-recruitable on those routes regardless due to him ditching)

-all of the Golden Deer except Marianne are fought on AM (with Lorenz ditching you and being fought but maybe re-recruited on both this route and SS) and all except Marianne, Raphael, and Lorenz on CF (though Lysithea can actually be recruited on CF mid-route, being the only unit in the game to do so un-prompted)

-all of the faculty except Hanneman and Manuela being fought on CF

-Hanneman and Manuela being fought on AM

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering how come I only had to fight Hilda and Claude in my CF run, even though I didn't recruit everyone from the GD class... That explains it. I must have been lucky in who I recruited from GD.

But then it begs the question of what Raphael and Marianne have been doing during the war phase...

I think Hanneman also disappears from the game entirely if you don't recruit him, even in CF. As for unrecruited Manuela, I think she gets automatically recruited in CF, not sure in VW/SS. Anyone else confirmed this?

Edited by henrymidfields

34 minutes ago, henrymidfields said:

I think Hanneman also disappears from the game entirely if you don't recruit him, even in CF. As for unrecruited Manuela, I think she gets automatically recruited in CF, not sure in VW/SS. Anyone else confirmed this?

If you don't recruit them during White Clouds, then Hanneman and Manuela will be green units in non-CF versions of Chapter 12. I don't believe that they return on any routes post-skip if unrecruited, although I only know for sure on AM. Incidentally, that gives them their one unrecruited post-skip appearance, as enemies in Dimitri's paralogue. I have found nothing suggesting the either of them will auto-recruit on CF, although I haven't seen it explicitly de-confirmed, either.