Mythic Hero - Elimine: Scouring Saint

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's odd. I was really hoping for Medeus, but I guess he's still on the table for the next Dark mythic?

Not bad, but also not someone I care much about. Her lack of a Wrathful Staff effect is odd, and it's kind of silly that her long animation is one of the ones that plays twice on consecutive attacks, especially with her preventing counters so they happen more easily. Also funny that she has the Aureola animation while using a different legendary weapon. Which wasn't a weapon before - I guess this is our first legendary staff weapon, and also I think our first elemental hero with a staff? That's interesting at least.

Welcome to Mario Kart!

So Elimine is basically Flayn on a Mythic steroid, swapping Isolation for this new False Start thing. That is actually going to be really annoying for AR maps that function by insta-charging Specials. Though I do find it amusing that they reversed what False Start worked on in Summoner Duels (from everything but healing/damage to only healing/damage), since when does IntSys realize they've created cancer?

...God, this Mythic Hero Battle is going to be hell, isn't it?

HAHAHAHAHA! Okay on one hand it's awesome that Elimine was finally freed from the Mario Kart jail, but on the other hand they really picked her just to not pick Athos...

It's funny because they are close to running out of female characters who CAN be Mythics according to the current rules, so after they give us Hanon, Ashunera, Nada Kuya, Fjalar, Njorun and MAYBE Artemis they will have to give us Athos or another male mythic, right? Am I forgetting anyone else?

They won't actually be such asshats that they will give us Mythic Cethleann, right?

6 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

HAHAHAHAHA! Okay on one hand it's awesome that Elimine was finally freed from the Mario Kart jail, but on the other hand they really picked her just to not pick Athos...

It's funny because they are close to running out of female characters who CAN be Mythics according to the current rules, so after they give us Hanon, Ashunera, Nada Kuya, Fjalar, Njorun and MAYBE Artemis they will have to give us Athos or another male mythic, right? Am I forgetting anyone else?

They won't actually be such asshats that they will give us Mythic Cethleann, right?

Huh. I was going to ask about Magvel, but apparently Grado and Latona are the only two of its five heroes whose names are known.

Seems that so far, the non-OC male mythics we've gotten have been Duma, arguably Bramimond, and... that's it. Ouch.

Hey, that's an entry crossed off my 2022 wanted list!

Also, AmaLee! She does amazing song covers and has even done Lost in Thoughts All Alone and Edge of Dawn. And she streams on Twitch.

Another Astra, right after Thorr. Huh. But damn, she looks like a potential meta changer. False Start is going to ruin BCatria, Yuri, and more, and she also acts as a better Flayn. They even gave her Nudge and a Trace for maximum utility potential. We really need an anti-Savior now.

2 of the Elibe 8 legends are in FEH now, yet we still don't have the one that is actually playable outside of FEH.

14 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Don't tempt them. IS knows the casuals will eat up anything Three Houses. Otherwise, we wouldn't be getting so much Three Houses content

Fun Fact: TH only has twelve less units than Awakening at this point and considering Awakening already got their New Heroes banner for the Book, TH (which got 30 units during the Book V era) is practically guaranteed to pass Awakening's total by the end of Book VI.

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

2 of the Elibe 8 legends are in FEH now, yet we still don't have the one that is actually playable outside of FEH.

I wonder if next year we will see Athos in the top 20 males for the first time out of the sheer desire from his fans to see him recognized in some way.

Soren style. Tiki style. Touma style.

Interesting! This wasn't a character I expected, but I'm happy they're pulling from myth and lore for characters. Maybe Roland will have a chance someday! 

I'm not too interested in the art - a little too similar to Ullr for my liking - but I like a lot of Amalee's songs (particularly her covers and work with NateWantsToBattle), so I may try and pull for her down the line.

A somewhat offensive staff unit will be nice to have too. There aren't a lot laying around from my admittedly limited experience, so more to the pool is always good. 

The banner itself isn't too bad for me! I don't Constance or Otr yet, so trying to pull for those would be nice.

Ultimately, this banner has a lot to like about it, but I'm not in the place to be spending orbs on a Legendary I neither want nor need. Next time, Amalee, next time. 

16 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually sort of want that. I think Cethleann, Cichol, Indech, and Macuil could be fun and interesting Mythic beast units, if that path is desired. (Probably not for Cethlean, but maybe for the others.) Besides, we already have Seiros, so I wouldn't count it off the table. 

2 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually sort of want that. I think Cethleann, Cichol, Indech, and Macuil could be fun and interesting Mythic beast units, if that path is desired. (Probably not for Cethlean, but maybe for the others.) Besides, we already have Seiros, so I wouldn't count it off the table. 

I mean sure, they could do interesting stuff with the four of them, but they could do interesting stuff with many other characters and we already have 2 mythics from TH and 5 legendaries from 3H, while Binding Blade for example has just 1 legendary and 1 mythic. Thracia only has 1 legendary...

What I'm saying is that we can definitely wait a few years before getting other mythics/legendaries from that game.

3 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Binding Blade for example has just 1 legendary and 1 mythic.

Binding has 3 Legendary characters. Roy, Lilina, and Fae. And I guess this would be its 2nd Mythic if Bramimond counts for Binding.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Alright then, IS doing whatever with blessings now, they throw away blessings patterns what a surprise but anyway this confirms Elm(Bat guy) might be coming on March as Dark.

I wish she would give Res instead of Spd but she is welcome, I dont have falyn so she will be useful.

So St.Elimine from Mario Kart the 8 Legends of Elibe arrives. I should be surprised she came before Athos, but at the same time I'm not because pretty lady>>badass old man in IS's eyes. 

As a unit she seems pretty good, although she may need a skillset revamp to make the most out of her supportive capabilites. Her exclusive C-skill makes her a better Flayn due to the +4 Def/Res she gives  to nearby allies while also giving the same 30% dmg reduction. 

Her Prf is neat, although I'm not very keen on Ploy conditions as those can be really inconsistent due to how maps are structured. But hey, anything that shuts down that annoying L!Marth is a win in my book so that's a plus for Elimine! She's a Mythic so her main use is probably going to be on Save Balls where she'll replace Flayn as the main healer (or stack with her for even more Dmg reduction, I guess) while also opening a slot for another support or a unit that'll be tasked with getting the pots. 

She's good, but not a must have. I don't see her making a splash in AHR, either. 

As for the overall banner: Colorless>Green>>Red>Blue. Red beats blue thanks to Volke, otherwise they're equally bad. 

18 minutes ago, Florete said:

Also, AmaLee! She does amazing song covers and has even done Lost in Thoughts All Alone and Edge of Dawn. And she streams on Twitch.

I hadn't noticed it was her, that's neat!

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Binding has 3 Legendary characters. Roy, Lilina, and Fae. And I guess this would be its 2nd Mythic if Bramimond counts for Binding.

Oh yeah duh, brainfart. I guess Lilina and Fae were such unexpected choices for legendaries that my brain refused to memorize them as such.

I wonder if that problem will get even worse in the future now that all lords minus Yuri, male Corrin and Elincia already have legendary versions so even more minor characters will get that title.

Goddammit. It's an offense Mythic, so there's actually reason to pull. Colorless has Claude, who has Atk/Spd Catch 4 and Spd/Def Rein, both of which are really good skills, and I could definitely use extra copies of him. Ashera has Lull Spd/Res, which is a good skill in a vacuum, but there are so few units that can forgo Desperation to use it and don't already have it.

It's interesting that they gave Elimine her staff as her weapon, but at the same time gave it Aureola's animation.

Having Dazzling Staff on her weapon is weird, given that both her default A and B skills both include a defensive stat. The Res boost on Atk/Res Push and the Atk debuff on A/S Far Trace are both pointless on player phase since the opponent can't counterattack in the first place. Since she's a Mythic Hero, I feel like they would have been perfectly justified to give her both Dazzling Staff and Wrathful Staff on her weapon.

In terms of skill inheritance value, Atk/Res Push is already in the Legendary/Mythic summoning pool on Plumeria, and Push skills aren't too high in demand anyways. A/S Far Trace is also one of the less useful Trace skills since it's best used by fast, bulky ranged cavalry and fliers, of which there are basically none. The only units I can really see making any use of it are Ascended Laegjarn and Fluffy Hat Julia and maybe Summer Lute, who are only bulky on one side.

As for her general usefulness, her weapon appears to mostly be a counter for Duo Catria and units with Tempest effects (e.g. Yuri, Brave Alm, and Fallen Edelgard), and her exclusive skill essentially makes her a better Flayn since it gives the effects of Caduceus Staff, Close Guard, and Distant Guard all in one slot. Really good for Aether Raids, especially for teams that were having trouble fitting Flayn on the team, but False Start is mostly useless in Summoner Duels, which is the other game mode where Duo Catria and Tempest units shine.

I guess I'll see how my luck goes and determine how much I'm willing to pull from this banner from there. Desert Karla and the Double Special Heroes banner both ate more pulls than I'd have liked this month.

32 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

So St.Elimine from Mario Kart the 8 Legends of Elibe arrives. I should be surprised she came before Athos, but at the same time I'm not because pretty lady>>badass old man in IS's eyes. 

We also don't have any staff Legendary/Mythic Heroes yet, and there aren't really many options that wouldn't make more sense using a different weapon type.

False Start is such a powerful status effect in AR since it prevents several units' effects from working. Elimine can also work as a nice counterpick unit for AA.
-Bride Catria's Flier Formation + Aerobatics + Triangle Attack combo from her Prf weapon
-Legendary Sigurd's movement boost from Holy Knight Aura
-Yuri's movement boost from his Prf weapon
-CYL Alm's movement boost from his Prf weapon
-Time's Pulse, Recovery, Armored Stride, Ground Orders, and Tempest skills
-Legendary FByleth's teleport effect from her Prf C-skill
-Legendary Hector's Time's Pulse Tactic and Def/Res Tactic from his Prf C-skill
-CYL/Legendary Marth's free stat bonuses from Shining Emblem
-CYL Edelgard's teleport effect from her Prf weapon
-Young L'Arachel's Res debuff and Flash effect
-Duma's Upheaval
-MMorgan's, Hrid's, Aversa's, Riev's, Veld's, Solon's, and Gunnthra's debuffs

As for the banner itself, green and colorless are stacked. Would love to pull but at the same time, I want to spark for Desert Azura and score a few copies of Desert Xane in the process.

Edited by Roflolxp54

24 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I went back to check and Bramimond counts as Blazing while Elimine counts as Binding. Kind of weird to make such a distinction since the lore is obviously shared between games that are sequels/prequels of each other and if they can make Naga count as both Archanea and Awakening they could/should do the same for other characters but that boat has already sailed back when they made Yune only a Radiant Dawn unit.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We also don't have any staff Legendary/Mythic Heroes yet, and there aren't really many options that wouldn't make more sense using a different weapon type.

So what you are telling me is: flying staff legendary Elincia confirmed for a future Legendary banner very soon?

This banner is really tempting. Unfortunately I am out of orbs and still one full circle away from free spark on Hatari banner (Only got one 4 star Xane, but got an extra Say'ri which is always nice). Green and Colorless are stacked, I still want Legendary Claude for collection purpose, and either Elimine or Ashera could be my Astra savior. Stopping Bridal Catria is honestly huge for my Astra team since I only have A!Fjorm and no melee save armor, and my infantry unit just cant tank much from bridal catria team. Green Duel 4 means I can build my Sedgar for Arena, Eitri is just bonker, and I need another A!Fjorm to even out the -spd iv. 

Red isn't so bad, Constance is the only Ashen Wolf character that I failed to grab, Lethality would be neat for my Kaze and more Distant Counter is always good. If I got lucky I could have a whole new arena team, and my Niles + Arthur can finally retire.

One more cool thing, I guess, now that I think of it. The Bishop class in the GBA games carries a staff in their battle sprites regardless of if they're using a tome or a staff. The fact that Elimine is casting with her staff instead of her tome feels like an homage to the GBA battle sprites.

The usual translation notes:

Elimine's epithet, "Scouring Saint", is "八神将の聖女" (hachi-jinshō no seijo), "Saint of the Eight Divine Generals".

Staff of the Saint is "聖女の杖" (seijo no tsue), "Staff of the Saint". This is the legendary staff from Binding Blade.

False Start is "ターン開始スキル不可" (tān kaishi sukiru fuka), "Start-of-Turn Skills Disabled". Very literal.

Holy Ground is "地上の最後の女神" (chijō no saigo no megami), "The World's Last Goddess". The word "地上" (chijō) literally means "above the ground", but in this case means "on the earth". It's a similar construction to "天下" (tenge), "below the heavens", which means the same thing.

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

So what you are telling me is: flying staff legendary Elincia confirmed for a future Legendary banner very soon?

I think Elincia is still a bit more likely to have a variant of Amiti instead of a staff. Sephiran is a possibility, but I also think he'll be more likely with a tome.

Maybe Elice with Aum if we get that far into less important characters? Blagi with Valkyrie might also be an option for a Light Mythic. Miracle as a field buff or Drive effect would be amazing.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Also, AmaLee! She does amazing song covers and has even done Lost in Thoughts All Alone and Edge of Dawn. And she streams on Twitch

WHAT.

I'm sorry, earlier today I was watching her fangirl over Thanatos from the Hades game. THAT'S WHO IS VOICING SAINT ELIMINE???

Goddamnit, I can't take this release seriously anymore... I completely glossed over the VA until you brought it up.

Speaking of voice actors, her Japanese voice actor is Tanaka Rie (Elinalise from Mushoku Tensei, Treyni from Tensura, Rosetta from Granblue Fantasy, Sesshouin Kiara from the Fate franchise, Suigintou from Rozen Maiden, Lacus Clyne from Gundam SEED, etc.), who, as far as I can tell, has never done a Fire Emblem role before.