Mythic Hero - Elimine: Scouring Saint

Fire Emblem Fan

18 minutes ago, Hilda said:

For being the first mythic/leg Healer she iscreally tame. They should have included wrathfull skill into the weapon or C skill

I don't see how you can call this tame. False Start is going to completely neutralize some common AR-Ds, Bride Catria sets being a big one. And then she just gets Flayn's whole niche on top.

She's not meant to see combat, so while Wrathful would be nice, in practice it'll rarely matter. You'd even be better off replacing Atk/Res Push with Fortress Res.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, right. I totally forgot to mention in my previous analysis that they showed her stats in the trailer.

She's receiving a buff from Serra's Hone Atk 3, so she appears to have 36/34/40/16/41 (total 167). Combat is definitely not a priority for her, as counting weapon stats, Brave Camilla (+8/+6), Duo Hilda (+9/+6), and Young Larchel (+9/+4) are all significantly stronger than her. Sara (+6/-3) is also slightly better than her. The unit most similar to her in stats is Fluffy Hat Nanna (-1/+1), despite Nanna not having a Prf weapon.

It's definitely worth giving up some combat performance to give her Fortress Def/Res instead to help with the False Start effect trigger's Res comparison. I'm pretty sure I have a few spare copies of Idunn somewhere.

And on the topic of skills and things I forgot to mention previously, I don't really like Nudge on her. I would have preferred Rescue, though that would definitely have just turned her into "better Flayn". I'm tempted to sacrifice a Flayn to give her Rescue.

Okay someone is going to have to enlighten me on the Mario Kart memes. Really cool seeing AmaLee as the voice, and I learned what an Alan Smithee is lol. They just had to go and release another offense Mythic to push me into pulling, this saving orbs thing is hard. I just pulled for Duo Hilda too.

With a unit like Elimine and Safety Fence Astra offense is getting pretty easy, I wonder what they'll release to make it hell in the future. It's funny that Sigurd was especially being a pain for me last Astra season and they release a sort of hard counter.

I mentioned Duo Hilda earlier I foddered a Sephiran to her, but since Odd Recovery has been kind of dead I just gave her Tannenbaton and the Balm skill, but now Odd Recovery would have been counter play to Elimine.

Edited by LoneStar

25 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Okay someone is going to have to enlighten me on the Mario Kart memes.

Up to now, Elimine has not had any important depiction in any Fire Emblem media, not even in Cipher. She instead only appears when linking Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade to the Mario Kart: Double Dash!! bonus disk to receive bonus items.

More here.

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Up to now, Elimine has not had any important depiction in any Fire Emblem media, not even in Cipher. She instead only appears when linking Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade to the Mario Kart: Double Dash!! bonus disk to receive bonus items.

More here.

That's funny. I remember watch a Ghast video, and he mentioned bonus items from Mario Kart, but I don't remember if he mention her in the video.

Nice. I guess I will finally finish my Save tank team for Astra. I am tempted to get four copies, but I know I will try to get at least two.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

For being the first mythic/leg Healer she iscreally tame. They should have included wrathfull skill into the weapon or C skill

She is really, really, really strong. Combat is the last thing I would judge a Mythic unit on. You can certainly use them as combat units and some are built that way by default, but without access to stat boosts, they are better off focusing on support in general where raw stats matter a lot less.

For Astra season, double Save tank teams can completely forgo regular support units and stack four Elimines for max scoring, HP+20, Spd+16, up to Def/Res +16 in combat, and up to about 75% of damage reduction in combat. You can even replace one of the Staff of the Saint with Tannenbaton to offload Guard from the Save tanks. Personally, I would also replace another Staff of the Saint since I honestly do not see the point in having more than two, but we do not have another inheritable staff on the level of Tannenbaton yet. Even with just two Elimines and two Flayns, that is not a bad setup either and the Flayns can Pulse Tie the enemy team every turn, and you can either double down on debuffs with Panic Ploys, or run Recoveries to get rid of debuffs on your tanks.

And with her Weapon, you can get rid of Triangle Attack, Pulses, and buffs. Getting rid of movement is not a huge deal in my opinion since you are getting at least Def/Res+12 and 65% damage reduction in most scenarios, especially if you use Save tanks with additional built in damage reduction on the unit itself, and Save tanks do not care about being flanked either.

...right, I guess there is a unit here, not just a VA who... REALLY does not fit the image of Saint Elimine otherwise.

Definitely a very support-focused unit. Def/Res +6 at the start of the turn plus an extra Def/Res +4 and 30% damage reduction from Holy Ground means most allies won't be taking much damage when near her, and being a Staff unit means whatever damage they DO take is just immediately recovered. She actually seems like a decent user of Heavenly Light in that regard, since then she can spread HP recovery to all of her allies. Disabling start-of-turn effects is great as well.

As an Astra mythic who grants a Spd bonus, her only real competition in that regard is Plumeria, and all she offers is a special dance.

As far as skill fodder... meh. A/S Far Trace is neat, but ARpush4 is underwhelming, and personally I don't use any of the healing/positioning assists enough to consider one of them a good fodder skill.

And as far as the rest of the banner, Red is okay (Constance is alright with some good fodder options, Volke provides Lethality on top of being a good unit, and LegSeliph remains a pretty powerful EP force), Blue is... meh for me personally (Peony was free for everyone and has very limited fodder options, LegJulia is a good dragon killer but I already +10 merged her, and Hapi, while a good dragon/beast nuke if used right, has to share with Peony and Julia), Green actually looks pretty good (Otr has alright fodder options, Eitri is strong and one of few ranged units with Canto built into her weapon, and Ascended Fjorm is the definition of a Far Save unit), and Colorless is the big focus here (Elimine, Leg Claude remains strong and annoyingly bulky, Ashera is... well, she is able to freely grant Null Panic, which is pretty nifty).

...yeah pretty good overall. Not one of the best, but definitely up there in terms of banner quality. But seriously, amalee???

Honestly, if we didn't have well-documented proof of Elimine being on a Mario Kart demo disc of all things, I'd be convinced this was some "Mew Under The Truck"-level bullshit. The GameCube/GBA era was wild.

The question now is if IntSys and/or Nintendo decides to bring the meme full circle and add Elimine to Mario Kart Tour in some capacity.

As for Elimine's actual kit, she's fantastic as a fast magetank, but her base kit doesn't play to this at all and decides she should be run offensively for some reason, even though her Atk is incredibly subpar for a Mythic. She definitely wants Fort. Def/Res or perhaps even Close Ward (I would say Mirror Stance 3, but healers can't use Combo Stance 3's for some bizarre reason).

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Staff of the Saint is "聖女の杖" (seijo no tsue), "Staff of the Saint". This is the legendary staff from Binding Blade.

That's kind of my only issue here, while also tied to her, the Saint staff is not a divine weapon, and Elimine does have her own(the Aureola tome, as you know). But good point about the animation referencing the bishop sprite and including both.

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I went back to check and Bramimond counts as Blazing while Elimine counts as Binding. Kind of weird to make such a distinction since the lore is obviously shared between games that are sequels/prequels of each other and if they can make Naga count as both Archanea and Awakening they could/should do the same for other characters but that boat has already sailed back when they made Yune only a Radiant Dawn unit.

Bramimond actually appears and has an active role in Blazing Sword. St Elimine on the other hand is much more relevant in Binding Blade(outside of the double dash thing) due to Etruria and the church, that are both directly tied to her, having much larger roles there. She's mentioned dozens of times. She never appears in the game though, none of them do.
Barigan and Hartmut are the only others that are also more important in FE6, and Barigan only so because you can actually go to Illia and get his divine weapon in that game. He's easily the most minor of them all.

Roland, Durban and specifically Athos are more likely to be tied to FE7. The titular Blazing Sword is Roland's signature weapon, the Durandal, plus he's also linked to Eliwood, while Durban is to Hector through the Armads. Both of them also get short appearances as... spirits, of sorts.
Athos is actually still alive, a very important character in the story, and even part of the playable roster.

Finally, Hammond is... debatable. But if they want to give each game four, she'll probably go Binding Blade.

Edited by Cysx

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Nice. I guess I will finally finish my Save tank team for Astra. I am tempted to get four copies, but I know I will try to get at least two.

She is really, really, really strong. Combat is the last thing I would judge a Mythic unit on. You can certainly use them as combat units and some are built that way by default, but without access to stat boosts, they are better off focusing on support in general where raw stats matter a lot less.

For Astra season, double Save tank teams can completely forgo regular support units and stack four Elimines for max scoring, HP+20, Spd+16, up to Def/Res +16 in combat, and up to about 75% of damage reduction in combat. You can even replace one of the Staff of the Saint with Tannenbaton to offload Guard from the Save tanks. Personally, I would also replace another Staff of the Saint since I honestly do not see the point in having more than two, but we do not have another inheritable staff on the level of Tannenbaton yet. Even with just two Elimines and two Flayns, that is not a bad setup either and the Flayns can Pulse Tie the enemy team every turn, and you can either double down on debuffs with Panic Ploys, or run Recoveries to get rid of debuffs on your tanks.

And with her Weapon, you can get rid of Triangle Attack, Pulses, and buffs. Getting rid of movement is not a huge deal in my opinion since you are getting at least Def/Res+12 and 65% damage reduction in most scenarios, especially if you use Save tanks with additional built in damage reduction on the unit itself, and Save tanks do not care about being flanked either.

I would say Palm Staff for spd debuff is good for fast save armor like A!Fjorm, then gravity so you can have mobility to grab pots, and then there is pain+ to speed up killing things so you can grab the pots, and also because sometimes ARD has those annoying box armor team that makes initiating without a Thorr a serious pain.

...I just now realized that Elimine's unique debuff being named "False Start" is actually a racing reference and I'm fucking mad.

Not because of the joke, oh no, but because I have no orbs to throw at her for a meme well done.

Edited by Some Jerk

8 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

HAHAHAHAHA! Okay on one hand it's awesome that Elimine was finally freed from the Mario Kart jail, but on the other hand they really picked her just to not pick Athos...

It's funny because they are close to running out of female characters who CAN be Mythics according to the current rules, so after they give us Hanon, Ashunera, Nada Kuya, Fjalar, Njorun and MAYBE Artemis they will have to give us Athos or another male mythic, right? Am I forgetting anyone else?

They won't actually be such asshats that they will give us Mythic Cethleann, right?

8 hours ago, Othin said:

Seems that so far, the non-OC male mythics we've gotten have been Duma, arguably Bramimond, and... that's it. Ouch.

Cool, I don't need to say anything on the matter.  As long as other people get it.

8 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Oh yeah duh, brainfart. I guess Lilina and Fae were such unexpected choices for legendaries that my brain refused to memorize them as such.

I wonder if that problem will get even worse in the future now that all lords minus Yuri, male Corrin and Elincia already have legendary versions so even more minor characters will get that title.

I'd also count male Robin and Itsuki, and it appears Heroes also counts Sothe.

Wonder how many of those we'll get over the course of this year's six legendary slots.

Okay this is actually one of very few Mythics that could get me to pull? I’ve been curious about Elimine for a while.

Also between being the first staff Mythic, the AmaLee hype, the Double Dash jokes and the art being both amazing and drawn by “Alan Smithee” this is the happiest a Mythic has made me in a long time.

Sorry for those who wanted Medeus, hope he shows up eventually!

Aside from being bemused about the Double Dash nonsense and VA shock, the only thing I'm wondering is:  How long until False Start is available in other forms (Sabotage, Smoke, etc.)?  Because when that happens, the meta will crumble, and I'll laugh the entire time.

47 minutes ago, Ouzyxol said:

Aside from being bemused about the Double Dash nonsense and VA shock, the only thing I'm wondering is:  How long until False Start is available in other forms (Sabotage, Smoke, etc.)?  Because when that happens, the meta will crumble, and I'll laugh the entire time.

Considering we've had Isolation for two and a half years now and still only have Bride Fjorm and Mila able to apply it on enemies (and only with Ploy targeting), it could be a while.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Considering we've had Isolation for two and a half years now and still only have Bride Fjorm and Mila able to apply it on enemies (and only with Ploy targeting), it could be a while.

Or Bride Fjorm gets that in her refinement later this year. Like how Loki got Stall Ploy.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

20 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Or Bride Fjorm gets that in her refinement later this year. Like how Loki got Stall Ploy.

If Bride Fjorm gets False Start on her refine, it'll probably still be a Ploy, though.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

If Bride Fjorm gets False Start on her refine, it'll probably still be a Ploy, though.

Yeah. I wouldn't expect it to not be a ploy. But be able to inflict Isolation and False Start at the same time would be cool.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

She has been freed from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! at last! Let us rejoice!

It's also extremely cool to see AmaLee voice her. ProZD was the last YouTuber to voice a character in Heroes, unless there are others that I don't know about.

It also kinda sucks that we won't know be able to know who her actual artist is. That's a real bummer.

9 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I would say Palm Staff for spd debuff is good for fast save armor like A!Fjorm, then gravity so you can have mobility to grab pots, and then there is pain+ to speed up killing things so you can grab the pots, and also because sometimes ARD has those annoying box armor team that makes initiating without a Thorr a serious pain.

First minor issue with Palm Staff is that it debuffs foes within a certain area rather than buffing allies within a certain area, which means it has a stricter positioning requirement compared to Tannenbaton. Palm Staff has to be placed on the front line, whereas Tannenbaton can be placed anywhere within the Save tank formation. Second issue Palm Staff has is that it does not provide any tanking effects; stat boosts are nice, but something like Guard is much better. And with Spd+16 from Mythic Blessings if you bring four copies of Elimine, Palm Staff does not feel that necessary.

I do not think reducing enemy mobility is necessary with Gravity. Ground Orders and Guidance Sacred Seals and Return would be more than enough to get your team across the map to grab Aether Structures. Most defense teams will also have a Firesweeper, generally in the form of staff unit, so you can just preoccupy that unit with a Save tank while the rest of the team get the Structures.

You are not supposed to use a Save tank team against a stall team. Save tank teams are designed to handle high mobility high damage threats, such as cav line. Against stall teams, you use a hard hitting player phase team.

1 hour ago, indigoasis said:

It's also extremely cool to see AmaLee voice her. ProZD was the last YouTuber to voice a character in Heroes, unless there are others that I don't know about.

Yuri’s English VA is a YouTuber I believe (Kaggy-something?) although I guess he wasn’t cast specifically for Heroes.